Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Tex, Jatashun Beachum commits to Hogs

Started by beansandtaters, October 11, 2009, 02:39:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgndaaz

I wonder why a kid from Big 12/SEC country is so high on a run down Michigan program? Something isn't adding up.

The Hogfather

You sure he just doesn't want to get a free trip to see one of the most historic rivalries in college football, in person?

songofthesword

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 19, 2009, 10:02:39 am
You sure he just doesn't want to get a free trip to see one of the most historic rivalries in college football, in person?

read the article. kid is having nocternal emissions about michigan. the only thing keeping him from decommiting and commiting to michigan is his momma told him to take it slow.

MojaveJoe

GuvHog

Quote from: songofthesword on November 19, 2009, 09:51:33 am
http://www.detnews.com/article/20091119/OPINION03/911190423/1004/SPORTS/U-M-has--very-big-chance--of-landing--Big-Tex--Jatashun-Beachum

good as gone

Remember that IS a Detroit paper, he could be just telling them what they want to hear
so we'll see what happens. If he chooses UM. I'll wish him luck except if they play against
Arkansas. I wouldn't count BP out just yet though, it's a long time til signing day.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

The Hogfather

Quote from: songofthesword on November 19, 2009, 10:05:49 am
read the article. kid is having nocternal emissions about michigan. the only thing keeping him from decommiting and commiting to michigan is his momma told him to take it slow.

I read that same material a couple of weeks ago. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=316284.0

We'll see what happens.  I wouldn't chalk it up yet, though.

Ash

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on November 19, 2009, 09:58:08 am
I wonder why a kid from Big 12/SEC country is so high on a run down Michigan program? Something isn't adding up.

They pay better I guess.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: songofthesword on November 19, 2009, 10:05:49 am
I can hardly bring myself to watch a Big-10 game much less understand why anyone would want to go to a Big-10 school.  I have a strong feeling that Big-Tex is being told what he wants to hear about the postion he will be playing and not what the truth is.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

COCHISE

Crap!  It's supposed to be 52 degrees and sunny in Ann Arbor Saturday.  I was hoping for something in the 20's and 6 inches of snow.  ;)

sowmonella

They will also get beaten like a rented mule on Saturday. I'll bet the UM fans will do a bit of booing. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

3kgthog

UM will put up a good fight Sat. It's a rivalry game. All bets are off.

Hog Waller

I know some think he will be an RB, I would love to see him on the D-line...he could put on 15-25 pounds and still be quick...CBP needs to tell him he can play both if that's what he wants.

improv

I think even if he has a knee-jerk reaction at the game, and drops us for them, we will be right back in the mix when RR gets canned at the end of the season.
The more you speak, the less people will listen.

heathtits

I guess we owe them one...

Sucks, he was my favorite so far besides maybe Braylon.

improv

The more you speak, the less people will listen.

jgphillips3

Maybe he likes to practice far more than is allowed by NCAA rules and knows the coach up there doesn't bother to keep records. :)

AnthroHog

Great news.  I wonder how Beachum will feel once the NCAA rules on Michigan and Rodriguez's seat gets hotter.  I think he'll be rock solid to us after his official visit in January.

athunt

Should we make a nickname for his mom? Seems like she is setting him in his ways...haha

"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

chitwnhog

Quote from: Razorfox on October 15, 2009, 12:41:54 pm
Brandon Jacobs

I wish! Jacobs was 6'4" 250 with 4.4 speed coming out of HS. Beachum is 6'2" 275 and runs a 4.6. While Beachum has great speed for his size Jacobs was just a freak of nature. If Beachum is smart he'll commit to play for a school (hopefully Arkansas) as a DT, much more likely to make it to the next level with his size and quickness.

31to6

Quote from: chitwnhog on November 23, 2009, 05:44:18 pm
I wish! Jacobs was 6'4" 250 with 4.4 speed coming out of HS. Beachum is 6'2" 275 and runs a 4.6. While Beachum has great speed for his size Jacobs was just a freak of nature. If Beachum is smart he'll commit to play for a school (hopefully Arkansas) as a DT, much more likely to make it to the next level with his size and quickness.
No way to tell how much faster he is at 240-250.

Arthur pigby sellers.

I'm sick of these posts about him playing DT.  For all those in hogville reading this and also for Mr Beachum who probably also reads hogville, he is being recruited as a rb.  When Petrino recruits a kid for offense that is where he will play.  Have we not learned our lesson from Adams and wingo.  Two prolific athletes recruited as dbacks at other schools.  Many of us predicted that Joe would play db.  Petrino is a man of his word and he loves big backs.  Beachum will be a featured back here and have a good career.  Not sure what bull RR is feeding him, but I bet he will tell any lie to help save his job.  Seriously doubt he plays any offense at that school.

TX HOG

great list of offers.  i bet rivals moves him up a star

jgphillips3

I think he will be given every opportunity to be a running back and will only move to defense if HE wants to.  Petrino wouldn't say he will be given the opportunity to play running back unless he will truly be given every opportunity to play the position.  Whatever Petrino's faults are, dishonesty isn't one of them.  He is 100% honest and if that's what he says he is recruiting the kid for, then that IS what he is being recruited for.  I'm tickled we still lead for him.

AnthroHog

On Richard's blog, it said he talked to Beachum and Beachum said that the trip was good but not enough to sway him.  He's still a hog.

COCHISE

Quote from: AnthroHog on November 24, 2009, 02:56:32 pm
On Richard's blog, it said he talked to Beachum and Beachum said that the trip was good but not enough to sway him.  He's still a hog.
If an actual warm and sunny November game against Ohio St. doesn't sway Beachum to Michigan, likely nothing will, especially considering he has yet to visit Fayetteville for his official.

COCHISE

November 24, 2009, 03:24:38 pm #126 Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 03:28:38 pm by 870 RZR
Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 23, 2009, 07:36:33 pm
I'm sick of these posts about him playing DT.  For all those in hogville reading this and also for Mr Beachum who probably also reads hogville, he is being recruited as a rb.  When Petrino recruits a kid for offense that is where he will play.  Have we not learned our lesson from Adams and wingo.  Two prolific athletes recruited as dbacks at other schools.  Many of us predicted that Joe would play db.  Petrino is a man of his word and he loves big backs.  Beachum will be a featured back here and have a good career.  Not sure what bull RR is feeding him, but I bet he will tell any lie to help save his job.  Seriously doubt he plays any offense at that school.
I'm not sure that Beachum would be opposed to playing DT, Michigan is recruiting him at DT and situational QB and he seems to be fine with it, it seems like he just wants to play football as soon as possible.  Having said that, Broderick Green has improved by leaps and bounds this year and has developed into the short yardage back Petrino wants, with D.J. and freshmen Wingo and Davis carrying the rest of the load.  Our biggest losses after this year are going to come from the d-line with Sheppard and Davis leaving, I have no doubt Petrino will give Beachum a long look at RB but it may prove awfully difficult to keep a guy with Beachum's size and athletic ability off the d-line, especially considering our need at the two positions. DT > RB