Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beachum tells Michigan writer...

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 05, 2009, 12:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

He is ready to decommitt and gives the Wolverines a 9 out of 10 chance of landing his commitment after he attends their matchup with Ohio St. per a Michigan article just released.

Guess we will have to wait and see if this holds water...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Zen_Hog

I guess he doesn't want to play RB after all.

Corkscrew Johnson

Sounds like we need to have Mallett and DD Jones walk the kid around our facilities...

AnthroHog

Is that writer a Yancy type or one that is normally accurate?  Still think that we'll be in good shape if Petrino gets an in-home.

razorhead94

Wow so he rants and raves about the Hogs for nearly a month, committs to us, and now wants to decommitt?
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

2FNFST4U

Michigan writer, Michigan paper, Michigan story. What do you think he is going to write.

Brewerfan10

Take it easy razorhead. Nothing has happened yet.

The_Bionic_Pig

Of course in other news  ;) click me <-- look who's visiting from Oklahoma...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Foshodo

Yer killin me stewie... I can't click the link on my phone... Can I get a name?

smun83

Quote from: Foshodo on November 05, 2009, 01:07:28 pm
Yer killin me stewie... I can't click the link on my phone... Can I get a name?

Calvin Barnett is visting, along with our commitments Courtney Gaston and Eric Bennett.

The Hogfather

GROSS.  Who in their right mind would want to join that football team?  They aren't going to be what they once were, he isn't going to play RB, he'd freeze his Texas arse off, etc, etc.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: The Hogfather on November 05, 2009, 01:17:40 pm
GROSS.  Who in their right mind would want to join that football team?  They aren't going to be what they once were, he isn't going to play RB, he'd freeze his Texas arse off, etc, etc.

talk to Mallett or the fast little white guy from Texas that x-ferred back to Rice or something...

kingofdequeen

McGuffie!!!  yeah...that's the ticket.

hawgsav1

November 05, 2009, 01:23:01 pm #13 Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:25:56 pm by hawgsav1
If we get Jones and Barnett, I'll be pretty happy.  Beachum would be good as well.  Michigan can suck it (not Beachum though.  I like him).  Hopefully Beachum will choose us.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

razorhead94

Quote from: Brewerfan10 on November 05, 2009, 12:50:35 pm
Take it easy razorhead. Nothing has happened yet.

I know I need to settle down.  I just hate all this drama.

AnthroHog

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 05, 2009, 01:24:50 pm

Recruiting is getting more and more dramatic with all the increasing media attention being paid to recruits.  It seems to have gotten worse with each passing year. 

Keep in mind, we flipped a recruit committed to Michigan just this past season and he has started for us this season.  I'm sure that we'll flip a few recruits to us that are currently committed to other schools.

razorhead94

Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 05, 2009, 02:16:50 pm
Guess the TAMU spanking is far removed from his mind now.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  He loved Arkansas after that game.

japhog

Quote from: 2FNFST4U on November 05, 2009, 12:50:17 pm
Michigan writer, Michigan paper, Michigan story. What do you think he is going to write.

did he have the Michigan offer when he committed to us? 

Speedracer

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 05, 2009, 01:03:17 pm
Of course in other news  ;) click me <-- look who's visiting from Oklahoma...

MAN I WANT BARNETT IN THIS CLASS OF RECRUITES!!!  ;D
Like smites bother me.

cardinalandwhite

Quote from: razorhead94 on November 05, 2009, 01:24:50 pm

The question is, is this real drama, or Byran Jones to UNC drama?
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

hog_fan

Barnett and Jones will likely be Hogs. maybe Brown was "encouraged" to move on.

hawgsav1

Quote from: hog_fan on November 05, 2009, 05:10:04 pm
Barnett and Jones will likely be Hogs. maybe Brown was "encouraged" to move on.

Man...anyone who has an offer from Alabama is probably good.  Saban is also a great evaluator of talent.  I just have a feeling that he's waffling again.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

LL COOL HOG

No surprise at all in this.  He stated before that Arkansas was not the place he wanted to attend.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: bigrod155 on November 05, 2009, 07:22:44 pm
No surprise at all in this.  He stated before that Arkansas was not the place he wanted to attend.
he did??  i guess i missed it.  link please?
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Kilgor

Quote from: bigrod155 on November 05, 2009, 07:22:44 pm

You're thinking of Orr.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 05, 2009, 01:20:41 pm
McGuffie!!!  yeah...that's the ticket.
Sam I Am, the original hurdler. My fave youtube clip is McGuffie Mixtape
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Erockster20

So just to make sure I am right..???

Orr.. Not expected to sign with us?
Brown.. Not expected to sign with us?
Beachum.. Not expected to sign with us?

All committed by the way.  Anyone else I am missing that is "committed" but not really wanting to sign?

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Kilgor on November 05, 2009, 07:28:33 pm
You're thinking of Orr.

No it was Big Tex on the Shawn and Wally Show.  He said Arkansas was better for his family.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bigrod155 on November 05, 2009, 09:06:23 pm
No it was Big Tex on the Shawn and Wally Show.  He said Arkansas was better for his family.

I believe this is correct.

Quote from: hawgsav1 on November 05, 2009, 05:21:38 pm
Man...anyone who has an offer from Alabama is probably good.  Saban is also a great evaluator of talent.  I just have a feeling that he's waffling again.

But did he REALLY have an offer from Bama?  I've heard several times that he really doesn't, and that Rivals is incorrect in showing he does.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

The_Bionic_Pig

I think Beachum (Big-Tex) is a Hog and doesn't de-committ and happens to be a very clever young man ;D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

31to6

Has Beachum had an official visit to the Hill yet?  If not, he's still in play.

(It should be below freezing the day he visits Ann Arbor, fyi. Go Buckeyes! lol)

AnthroHog

The Scout article didn't sound too good.  It was written by Sam Webb.  Anyone know how biased he is?  After Byran Jones with the ACC Rival's guy and pretty much everything Yancy writes, I'm a lot more hesitant to believe these recruiting "journalists".

Beachum has unofficially visited Fayetteville for Auburn and Little Rock for Missouri State.  I still think that if Petrino can get an in-home than he'll stick with us.  Also, have to think that he'll officially visit us in December or January.

songofthesword

this is an odd year wtih decommitments.

jman

You have to admit, when he committed the hogs seemed to be on a role and recently have not looked good.  You wouldnt think a couple of games would change his mind so quickly, but you never know.

soccerrunner

Dallas Morning News did a feature on Beachum this morning.  Stated that he was committed to Arkansas but the committment had generated a lot of interest from other schools (Florida, Michigan, etc.).

Dances With Hogs

Its called back up.
Quote from: Erockster20 on November 05, 2009, 08:13:48 pm

All committed by the way.  Anyone else I am missing that is "committed" but not really wanting to sign?

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Tomhog™ on November 05, 2009, 02:16:50 pm
Guess the TAMU spanking is far removed from his mind now.

I guess now we need to face them in the Cotton Bowl at Cowboys Stadium, so we can basically replay (rewin) the first game. 

Hawg Balling

Quote from: Erockster20 on November 05, 2009, 08:13:48 pm

I agree, especially about Orr.  I was always baffled by his situation, as he committed to us after his offer, but assured us that he would jump to Alabama or Auburn should an offer present itself.  Why commit?  Doesn't an offer have a shelf life of a few months? 

OTTER

It's like this every year about this time.  That's why I buy Pepcid by the case and Maker's Mark by the barrel.  Between now and signing day, it is going to be a roller coaster ride, so strap in, hold on and and don't be scared.  It will be over before you know it!! 8)
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

SRFL

Hogs roll.

Meatchicken rolled.

Tex, do the math and stay with the family.

RAMhawg

Great game for Michigan, getting beat by a powerhouse 3 and 6 Purdue.  I'm sure Big Tex was really impresssed.

MojaveJoe

It may just be local talk as I haven't heard anything else about Big Tex going to Michigan. Anyone?