Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

basketball court logo

Started by WOO_PIG_SOOIE, October 28, 2008, 11:26:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WHICH HOG LOGO WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE ON COURT?

SLOBBERING HOG
45 (44.1%)
RUNNING HOG "2009"
57 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

Is it true?  have they changed the LOGO from :

to:

creecy

Freight broker looking for loads, email me!

intoxhog

Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

hogfan98

i wasn't in favor of changing the hog at midcourt.  but after seeing those pictures, i think it looks pretty good.  it'll never be the slobber hog, but i like it.

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

I like the new hog on the FOOTBALL field, but the slobber hog is my pick for the BASKETBALL court.

does anyone have any pictures of it?

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Table Rocker

lookinupthehill

I understand the tradition and love for the slobberin' hog, but dang that thing looked like it was hit by a Mack truck and left for dead on the road.  Very few people still understood the significance of it and everyone outside the state though it looked dead.  I'm so glad we have the new logo.

McKdaddy

Quote from: lookinupthehill on October 28, 2008, 12:17:42 pm
I understand the tradition and love for the slobberin' hog, but dang that thing looked like it was hit by a Mack truck and left for dead on the road.  Very few people still understood the significance of it and everyone outside the state though it looked dead.  I'm so glad we have the new logo.
I've been going to games since I was 3 or 4, so I have a good understanding of "mouthbreathing" Hog (as I prefer to characterize it) and its traditional place on the floors of Barnhill and BWA.  I'll be sad to not see it at half court this year, but not because I loved it, but b/c it has always been there.  That's my only reason for missing it--just because it won't be there for the first time in my life.  I've really never found mouthbreathing Hog that attractive a picture or logo.  It was an okay-looking cartoonish figure.  I didn't know any different b/c it was the only court logo I'd "known."

However, I like the new/classic Hog so much better.  Perhaps new/classic Hog is "too clean-looking" or "too generic" or "lacks personality" or appears "too plain" or "too indistinct".  Perhaps true on all accounts.  But for whatever reason, right or wrong, I love new/classic Hog.  I've loved it since its debut.  I can't get enough Hog gear w/ the new/classic Hog.  There, I admitted it.

I'll miss mouthbreathing Hog for his presence not for his likeness.  Farewell mouthbreathing Hog.  You shall find a place in logo heaven (can't say the same for that dastardly popcorn Hog).

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 28, 2008, 12:00:58 pm
Dude, are you even reading the thread you are posting in?

NO!  I'm talking about the OLD court, with the SLOBBER HOG...   I didn't think it was that hard to understand... I said "my pick is for the SLOBBER HOG on the basketball court, does anyone have any pics of it"...

Are you reading my post?

BEvERage

Quote from: WOO_PIG_SOOIE on October 28, 2008, 02:09:59 pm
NO!  I'm talking about the OLD court, with the SLOBBER HOG...   I didn't think it was that hard to understand... I said "my pick is for the SLOBBER HOG on the basketball court, does anyone have any pics of it"...

Are you reading my post?

try google images

Justifiable Hogicide

That is the correct "Razorback".
It looks great.
They should have changed it long ago.

losthawg68

Quote from: WOO_PIG_SOOIE on October 28, 2008, 02:09:59 pm
NO!  I'm talking about the OLD court, with the SLOBBER HOG...   I didn't think it was that hard to understand... I said "my pick is for the SLOBBER HOG on the basketball court, does anyone have any pics of it"...

Are you reading my post?

popcorn hog stole it, he's still jealous
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

McKdaddy

Quote from: WOO_PIG_SOOIE on October 28, 2008, 11:29:11 am
ANY PICTURES YET?!?
This implies sir, that you are asking for pics of the "new" Hog, given that most people that have been to a game in the last 1/2 century have seen the mouthbreathing Hog before.  Given that very few people have seen "new" Hog, since it was just put down on the court in the last few weeks, one would assume you were asking to see pics of it.

Are you reading your posts and what they imply?

Hogwildandwired

I like it, it will look good on TV
ALL RED IS RAZORBACK RED

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 28, 2008, 02:31:00 pm
This implies sir, that you are asking for pics of the "new" Hog, given that most people that have been to a game in the last 1/2 century have seen the mouthbreathing Hog before.  Given that very few people have seen "new" Hog, since it was just put down on the court in the last few weeks, one would assume you were asking to see pics of it.

Are you reading your posts and what they imply?

YES, ON THAT POST I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE NEW LOGO, BUT ON A LATER POST, THEN ONE YOU ASKED IF I WAS READING MY OWN POST, MY QUESTION WAS:

"I like the new hog on the FOOTBALL field, but the slobber hog is my pick for the BASKETBALL court.

TALKING ABOUT THE SLOBBER HOG...

BEvERage

Quote from: WOO_PIG_SOOIE on October 28, 2008, 02:55:43 pm
YES, ON THAT POST I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE NEW LOGO, BUT ON A LATER POST, THEN ONE YOU ASKED IF I WAS READING MY OWN POST, MY QUESTION WAS:

"I like the new hog on the FOOTBALL field, but the slobber hog is my pick for the BASKETBALL court.

GO TO GOOGLE AND LOOK IN THE IMAGES SECTION

jonesark™

October 28, 2008, 03:01:48 pm #20 Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 03:15:52 pm by jonesark
Have they gotten the ribbon LED/LCD(whichever) boards up yet?

BEvERage

Quote from: jonesark on October 28, 2008, 03:01:48 pm
Have they gotten the ribbon LCD boards up yet?

heard jeff long say on the radio, that they will be up in time for conference play

irishman

Would have liked to keep the slobbering hog. It will always be my favorite even though the new one does look more professional

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

Quote from: irishman on October 28, 2008, 03:07:45 pm
Would have liked to keep the slobbering hog. It will always be my favorite even though the new one does look more professional

I'm with you on this!  yeah it looks more professional, but the Slobbering Hog is what we have known for so many years!  I'm going to miss it!

jonesark™

Quote from: BEvERage on October 28, 2008, 03:06:46 pm
heard jeff long say on the radio, that they will be up in time for conference play

wonder if they will put these up at RRS as well....lots of SEC stadiums have these ribbon boards now.

McKdaddy

Quote from: WOO_PIG_SOOIE on October 28, 2008, 02:55:43 pm

Lol, just having fun woo_pig.  +1 if I could.

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 28, 2008, 03:31:40 pm
Lol, just having fun woo_pig.  +1 if I could.

by the way, what happened to the +1 , -1 ???

lookinupthehill

Methinks it disappeared shortly after the game on Saturday due to the rash of opinions that would be forthcoming.  This way the system didn't get overloaded and rampant smiting was spared. 

but that's just a guess.  ;)

heathtits

The only question that really matters at this point is can Rotnei make it rain from the snout?

That will be the only way I accept this new carpetbagging campaign against tradition.

Milton

Quote from: WOO_PIG_SOOIE on October 28, 2008, 03:44:00 pm
by the way, what happened to the +1 , -1 ???
they get rid of it and bring it back every few months or so, don't worry it'll b back
Quote from: Douglas on December 04, 2012, 06:23:54 pm
We've had it with 1 hit wonders coming in, making posts reeking of wanton jackwagonry and then not doing anything about it.

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

SO LETS HEAR WHAT YOU THINK.  "IF" YOU HAD YOUR CHOICE WOULD YOU BRING BACK THE SLOBBERING HOG, OR KEEP THE NEW ONE?!?

I VOTE SLOBBERING HOG!

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

WOO_PIG_SOOIE

losthawg68

running hog.  mr slobber was good and all but it seems that the running hog is our nationally recognized logo, you see it more than the others.  besides, slobber hog needs to sit down and take a shot of oxegen.
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

The_Iceman

heathtits

To me the only real concern is why does it look like the "dog bone" hogs are still on the scoreboard.

I thought TYTWH's reason for doing away with the slobbering hog was for commercial recognition reasons? That would be a shite exception to his reasoning.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: heathtits on October 29, 2008, 02:22:35 pm
To me the only real concern is why does it look like the "dog bone" hogs are still on the scoreboard.

I thought TYTWH's reason for doing away with the slobbering hog was for commercial recognition reasons? That would be a crape exception to his reasoning.
They're not, they were replaced with the "Classic" hog.

NATEHOGG216

I really liked the slobbering hog, but I LOVE the classic hog.  I LOVE the idea of TRUELY branding that logo and sticking with it.  we are lucky enough to have a great and unique mascot that NO OTHER school has.  let's brand the heck out of it and only have ONE version of it.  great job long, great job.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Hogjammin

I thought I would hate it, but now seeing the court it looks pretty sharp.  I still would prefer the slobbering hog because its retro and it sets us apart from what other schools do.

stormyhog

at least the popcorn snorting hog is basically gone, isn't it?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: stormyhog on November 01, 2008, 05:11:22 pm
at least the popcorn snorting hog is basically gone, isn't it?

Let's hope.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005