Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any new pictures of BWA updates?

Started by Amityvillehogger, September 13, 2008, 10:02:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Amityvillehogger

Just wondering. Seen the old ones already. (court cleared of paint)
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

booogaga

good call, i really want to see what the new ribbon signage looks like
GO HOGS!

40MINSOFHELL

opineonswine

I was in there on Weds.  Nothing to photograph just yet.  The floor is covered but you could definitely see it was lighter.  Looks like the perimeter is prepared for the ribbon but no ribbon yet.

PigSnort

Went by today.  Floor is covered and they're getting ready (apparently) to install the new lower seating.   Not one new seat in place yet, tho.  There was a crew of a dozen, really not in any hurry, it appeared.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: PigSnort on September 22, 2008, 07:38:45 pm
Went by today.  Floor is covered and they're getting ready (apparently) to install the new lower seating.   Not one new seat in place yet, tho.  There was a crew of a dozen, really not in any hurry, it appeared.

The new LCD ribbon up yet?

PigSnort

Nope, nothing new in place there that I could see.

RZRBack_FAN

Well they have until the 24th of October to finish. They Better get going.

UltimateHog

Did anyone happen to go into BWA yesterday?

Update this thread if possible.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

opineonswine

Quote from: UltimateHog on October 05, 2008, 07:47:50 pm
Did anyone happen to go into BWA yesterday?

Update this thread if possible.

I was in there last week.  They are installing the new risers now...shouldn't be long from here.  Still no ribbon around the arena but that also shouldn't take long.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

mbgrulz

is the ribbon going around the space inbetween the upper and lower decks?

FaytownHog

FaytownHog

i don't see any other place they could put it
Quote from: mbgrulz on October 06, 2008, 01:49:58 pm
is the ribbon going around the space inbetween the upper and lower decks?

UltimateHog

Yeah that's where it is going.

That however, can be put up in a matter of days, I'm guessing it will be the finishing project.
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

clifflee4mvp

The basketball team came down and sat with us one the front row at the football game. They said the tunnel is real narrow now and that the new student section goes from the tunnel around quite a bit. It's now bleachers on the floor as many of us already knew. Stefan Welsh said they looked pretty cool.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

UltimateHog

Any pictures of the court?

It was finished tonight.

Also, what was Long talking about when he said the new LED Scoreboard will be ready for the 1st game?

Disappointing that the ribbon won't be operational until the 1st SEC game though.

olblueyes

Snip-its from the "THE MORNING NEWS" in this mornings paper on the renovations at "THA BUD" were: Playing surface will be available for start of practice; Lower-level retractable seating will be available for the red & white game; LED scoreboards will be available for the first regular season game; and the LED ribbon lights will be available for the start of conferernce games.
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

ArkansasFan

Quote from: UltimateHog on October 14, 2008, 01:14:20 am
Any pictures of the court?

It was finished tonight.

Also, what was Long talking about when he said the new LED Scoreboard will be ready for the 1st game?

Disappointing that the ribbon won't be operational until the 1st SEC game though.

I was wondering the same thing.  What new LED Scoreboard?

olblueyes

Quote from: ArkansasFan on October 14, 2008, 07:49:29 am
I think they are the replacements for the four that were there previously. They showed the scores of other games going on. They also flashed intermittent advertisements.

booogaga

i can not wait to see some photos of everthing that is going on. i was listening to drive time(dont shoot me it just happened to be on when i walked in, lol) and they sunshine was saying that the scoreboard, would be different/updated/replaced? also the  ribbon would be ready for the game and that all of the seating was nearly complete. he also said that the light has been improved dramatically. i am excited. hopefully they will re arrange the banners as well. i am wondering why never moved any of the southwest conf. banners  in there and why moncriefs number is hanging as well. we need to better remember our heroes from the past.
GO HOGS!

clifflee4mvp

talked to stefan welsh at the football game and he asked if I'd seen the new student section at BWA. I said no and he told me that they made the tunnel a lot smaller and that the bleachers for the students are on the floor and wrap around to the tunnel. He said it was pretty tight and that we'd love them. I can't wait for the red-white game.
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Bogustus

Quote from: ArkansasFan on October 14, 2008, 07:49:29 am
Long had said they were installing an LED scorer's table to replace the one with the arkansas razorback panel and the espn, cbs, etc. panels.  That might be what they are talking about.

olblueyes

The attached link is from KNWA news. You can get an idea of what the new hog looks like on the arena floor. http://nwahomepage.com/media_player.php?cat=sports

Porky861

Quote from: Wolf on October 16, 2008, 01:51:48 pm
Long had said they were installing an LED scorer's table to replace the one with the arkansas razorback panel and the espn, cbs, etc. panels.  That might be what they are talking about.

That could get real expensive once Pel kicks a couple of em out again this year...

40MINSOFHELL

why can't somebody go in there and take a picture or something?

MJ4H

WTH why did nobody tell me Magic was here??

The_Iceman

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: awj81 on October 20, 2008, 12:04:19 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/newMediaPlayer/console.htm?type=vod&oemid=6100&id=138460&DB_MENU_ID=&SPSID=30746&SPID=2421&DB_OEM_ID=6100&CLIP_ID=133810&CLIP_FILE_ID=138460
video of the renovations to BWA
I found this on arkansasrazorback.com, don't know if it's been posted but hopefully the link works

haha. Right after Gary Ervin dunks they show the student section and you can see me(painted red hair, twirling a towel)

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

kingoftherapids

It should be open this saturday right?

UltimateHog

razorhead94

Since practice has started has anyone been in there?
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Crappykat

I was in there last night and they have the new hog on the court and finishing up
the lower seats.
They hope to have the new scorer's table installed very soon, and the LED ribbon installed
around the upper deck facia by the open of SEC games.
They have also installed all new lights on the ceiling for "light show"
I have some pictures but have not had time to load from camera. I will try and do that
tonight

razorhead94

Quote from: Crappykat on October 22, 2008, 09:24:06 am
I was in there last night and they have the new hog on the court and finishing up
the lower seats.
They hope to have the new scorer's table installed very soon, and the LED ribbon installed
I have some pictures but have not had time to load from camera. I will try and do that
tonight

that would be awesome..thanks
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

40MINSOFHELL

The_Iceman

Quote from: Crappykat on October 22, 2008, 09:24:06 am
the lower seats.
tonight

+1 thanks alot

kingoftherapids

i am heading up to fayetteville tonight and should be there around 6. i will try to go by and see if the doors are open so i can snap a couple of quick pictures

Crappykat

Crappykat

GreeneRev

That right there looks flippin sweet!!!!  I can't wait to get to a game this season!

clifflee4mvp

BWA will never be the same. Change is not always good. I personally have never been more sick to my stomach to see that particular hog.

Crappykat

It looked like they were doing some work in front of some of the suites too by taking out some of the wall. new goal posts as well. Sorry for the big pics.

Hogbody

Well, I love the hog on the field, but it just looks so plain on the court.

I miss slobberin hog.

UltimateHog

Quote from: Hogbody on October 23, 2008, 12:18:49 am

I miss slobberin hog.

I second that.

Not a big fan.

ua_hogs

I miss slobberin hog.

i believe popcorn hog had something to do with this.  damn you popcorn hog, give slobberin hog back.

The_Iceman

I miss slobberin hog.

its definately a different look, but i will get used to it.

its not as traditional, but it looks alittle more classy in my opinion.

I preferred sticking with slobbering hog, but this isnt bad at all.

Jabroni

I miss slobberin hog.

Me too. Way too many memories with Slobberin' Hog. However, having my degree in Marketing, I understand why it's gone.