Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

funny read on what texas thinks about arkansas

Started by RustyNuts, February 12, 2008, 01:22:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

back2back

Nice read... How does everyone think we'll do vs Texas?
FTS = Feed the Studs

Cassperr

Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

RustyNuts

ronmahony

I think we're gonna surprise them. We always do.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

GOHOGS17

back2back

FTS = Feed the Studs

friendian69

I agree +1.  Good read.  I can't wait to see what CBP has in store for the shorthorns!!  GO HOGS

spiritof92

Sounds like someone's scared of the big bad Hogs.

CallThemHawgs!

whata bunch of girls, thanks for the read... I hope we go down there and tear em a new one. Damn I hate TexAss

hogwild1

I can assure you that CBP will know all about texas by the time we head to austin. :razorback:
hit the road, hit the road, keep on goin, get your a$$ on down 49. give a cheer ra ra,never fear ra ra,arkansas will be just fine.

hawgsav1

I do agree with a lot of what they're saying though.  We do care about it more than they do, which is fine, cuz we're more motivated to play them.  I agree also, we do hate the entire state of Texas.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Ms. Mcmarti

too funny... i liked the last one that said "we should never take piggy lightly...I honestly don't know why we schedule them. We have far more to lose than gain by playing those guys" 

great read +1

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogfan_no1

Interesting read.  That thread was started just a few hours after we pulled a no-show in the Cotton Bowl.  I'm sure those smug T-sippers aren't worried about us at all.  (Reminds me of the last time we went to Austin).
If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: back2back on February 12, 2008, 01:33:51 am
Nice read... How does everyone think we'll do vs Texas?

Let's revisit this after we see what BP can get done during the spring. I know they are working hard to transition the players to a new offensive and defensive philosophy and how we do is going to be largely determined by their ability to make an effective change. Other factors are going to be who decides to step up and become dominating players and leaders. Losing Monk, Hillis, McFadden and Jones as well as others who depart, has a negative effect on leadership across the board. I think there are several factors that will play into this and perhaps many of those questions will be answered after the spring game.
Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

Some UT fans hate to play us because they see us as not being a worthy opponet  They say WE are TEXAS and we are SUPPOST to BEAT the Hogs.  When things like the Ambush in Austin take place it hurts their pride REAL BAD.  Other UT fans hate to play us because they are scared that they will lose.  As my brother in law told me  Since ya'll left the SWC all ya'll have done is Screwed us up. We are the brother in law you never want to come to dinner.   I love it  Living in Texas is great since I can bash Texas fans daily.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BigDrDon

I figure Hogs play decent game but lose in the end this year,but the woodshed cometh for the Horns in '09 baby!
You gonna look me dead in the eye,hold a straight face ,and swear to me,that the forward pass is legal?

kitshicker

Great read. Sounds like the majority of them don't even want us on their schedule.

SemperHawg

I like how they they all talk about us like we are the little team that they used to play every year in the SWC.  Maybe they are worried not because of the chip on our shoulder or the old rivalry, but instead because we play Texas caliber teams week in and week out in the SEC.  I always hope we stomp Texas, but they aren't the monster we once viewed them as in the SWC. I would like to see this same thread on there website if they had Aubbie, LSU, Florida, And Georgia on the schedule next year.

CowHog

Lets take it to them at their home field like we always do!!!

dchoss

if you don't stand behind our troops by all means 'feel free' to stand in front of them

EastexHawg

Quote from: Wildhog05 on February 12, 2008, 03:18:09 am
we got more respect than i thought we would.

I have been telling people this for years, every time I read one of the "Texas never considered us a rival" comments.  I have lived in Texas for 47 years, and most of the people I know are Texas fans.  Believe me, they have always considered the Arkansas game a big game. 

Tommy Nobis, considered by many orangebloods to be the greatest Longhorn ever, once said, "We all think about Arkansas every day." 

The fact is that Texas fans know how whiny and insecure many of our fans are, and they enjoy spewing out the "we never considered Arkansas a rival or a big game" crap just to piss some of you off.

Apparently, it works.

Pigsknuckles

Was it in "The Godfather" where it was said to; "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"? Your link gave us some valuable insight into the current Longhorn philosophy. Apart from the occasional Petrino bash, most of the posters seem cautiously optimistic about their chances against us. I do see a hint of respect in their attitudes, and most are long time posters. They seem to know that if they take us for granted they could have a very bad day. That sure wouldn't be the way they would like to start the 2008 season.  I can see how they could feel like they have nothing to gain, and everything to lose (at least this year). I do wonder myself if Petrino is aware of how deep seated this rivalry is. Should be fun.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Foots

Quote from: hawgsav1 on February 12, 2008, 02:55:09 am
I agree also, we do hate the entire state of Texas.

Including the dallas cowboys.

What gets me is they say to us, playing texas is our super bowl. We could give a rats ass about texas anymore. We have tougher conference opponents that we have to prepare for than any big 12 team.

farmhawg

If you don't think BP will be fired up to play Texas then think again. He will be ready to play just on the fact that it will help our recruiting. This is the thing that Texas fails to get. The main reason to play in that state is to be in front of their high school players. Yes we all hate Texas but BP will bring it in order to recruit better there.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

FATBACKHAWG

I know it is impossible to forget about Texas...I wished that we could have our hatred directed more towards the "Gumps" of Alabama or the Sisters of ole miss...

+1 for the article

trashcan maN

"Count on a team that will try to punch us in the mouth, twist ankles in the pile, attack our weak points, and key our cars in the parking lot."  -TX fan referring to Arkansas

OMG!  That is priceless!  Best post on the board.

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

txkrazorback

Quote from: bowlhogs07 on February 12, 2008, 10:27:18 am
I know it is impossible to forget about Texas...I wished that we could have our hatred directed more towards the "Gumps" of Alabama or the Sisters of ole miss...
+1 for the article
I'm glad you posted this. +1 to you...
Here's a prime example of the lack of education and fundamentals in America in modern times.
If you were to ask the 35 and up Razorback fan, we were given a healthy home schooling class
called "Hate the Longhorns 101". There needs to be such a class again, or we old-farts can give y'all some outlines...

Now give me my coffee!!!! (my morning rant)
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Pigdiana Jones

Site is blocked for me due to stupid work proxy server, but if they're scared to play us, that's fine by me. :razorback:
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

cityhog

Quote from: farmhawg on February 12, 2008, 10:25:25 am
If you don't think BP will be fired up to play Texas then think again. He will be ready to play just on the fact that it will help our recruiting. This is the thing that Texas fails to get. The main reason to play in that state is to be in front of their high school players. Yes we all hate Texas but BP will bring it in order to recruit better there.

Agreed.  Not to mention that this game will basically be BP's re-entry to the big time college game day stage.  This is why he came here, for these kinds of games.

bigarrazorback

I dissagree with what they said about petrino not empasizing this game as a rivalry they seem to forget Broyles is still on the hill in some form or fashion he will explain the impact of this game to petrino

Mick Hogger

I think Petrino will hear it from everyone as the time gets closer.

Booked my hotel in Austin yesterday in anticipation!
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

txkrazorback

DeltaBoy

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 12, 2008, 10:04:23 am
I have been telling people this for years, every time I read one of the "Texas never considered us a rival" comments.  I have lived in Texas for 47 years, and most of the people I know are Texas fans.  Believe me, they have always considered the Arkansas game a big game. 

Tommy Nobis, considered by many orangebloods to be the greatest Longhorn ever, once said, "We all think about Arkansas every day." 

The fact is that Texas fans know how whiny and insecure many of our fans are, and they enjoy spewing out the "we never considered Arkansas a rival or a big game" crap just to piss some of you off.

Apparently, it works.

Yea and another Ambush in Austin 2.0 will piss them off even more!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Mr. Hog

Quote from: kj0N on February 12, 2008, 10:35:35 am
"Count on a team that will try to punch us in the mouth, twist ankles in the pile, attack our weak points, and key our cars in the parking lot."  -TX fan referring to Arkansas

OMG!  That is priceless!  Best post on the board.

Except the part about the keys and the cars in the parking lot....I don't like that, it makes us look bad !
Go Hogs Go!

rihog

Anyone else get tired of hearing that the Texas game is our Super Bowl? I guess they don't understand that we play 6 "Texas" type teams every year in the SEC.

Anyone agree?
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles

DeltaBoy

When you set and watched Texas steal win after win with their bought refs, and the way they gloated everytime They won, you would have a deep and abiding for all things Burnt Orange!

George S. Pigton

Mack will preach to them about how important this game is but they will overlook us without
McFadden and Jones.  Not saying we win but I bet we give them all they want.  Looking forward
to being in Austin again, it was great after we beat them last go around.  Hogs fans owned 6th St.
that night.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

txkrazorback

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 12, 2008, 11:27:40 am
When you set and watched Texas steal win after win with their bought refs, and the way they gloated everytime They won, you would have a deep and abiding for all things Burnt Orange!
Every time I see a burnt orange color, I just get pissed, makes me think of the longhorns, and then I get pissed more!
Where's my coffee?!?

Pissed Pig

You know what gets me, just because someone hasn't lived here or coached here they automaticlly don't understand the rivalry?  Petrino will have the Hogs ready, not because they're Texas, but because he has returned to college coaching with such hostility against him.

RedRiverHog

Great read....

BTW, just so everyones clear....#@$% Texas
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

rihog

Don't get me wrong I totally respect the Texas rivalry, however I don't look at it as our Superbowl. I do see it as a very winnable game because of the coaching talent that Texas has.
Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles

Hogs4Ever

Nice read.  Texass had better not take the Hogs lightly this year or next.  This is a big non conference game, but every conference game we play next year is bigger than this one IMO.   :razorback:

Feralhog

Trevor Cobb is the real friken deal.  Don't be shocked if Texas wins more than just the Big Xll next year!
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

DeltaBoy

Quote from: rihog on February 12, 2008, 11:36:53 am
Don't get me wrong I totally respect the Texas rivalry, however I don't look at it as our Superbowl. I do see it as a very winnable game because of the coaching talent that Texas has.

Stone Cold Mack Brown smackdown.

txkrazorback

I have to see those dang longhorn hats all over town down here and it sucks!

bigarrazorback

OH i forgot Tim horton also played against Texas in '87 '88 '89. when we were in SWC and we won the SWC championship in '88, and '89 so HE will defenatly make sure that the players understand the importance of beating TX