Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview DL Lavunce Askew talks commitment

Started by The Recruiting Guy, July 28, 2007, 08:36:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

July 28, 2007, 08:36:46 pm Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 09:42:31 am by Richard Davenport
Lavunce is 6'3 278 with 4.8 speed. I talked with Lavunce about an hour ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: Why Arkansas?

Lavunce: Because it's a great school and they fit me in more ways than one. They can benefit from me and I can benefit from them. It's a win-win situation.

TRG: What was the deciding factor for you picking Arkansas?

Lavunce: The fact I had a great chemistry the coaches and I like to be close to my family with my family and my friends.

TRG: What did your mom and dad have to say about your decision?

Lauvnce: They were proud of me. Very proud.

TRG: What do you bring to the table?

Lavunce: Playing with angles and bull rushing. Get'em out of my face.

TRG: Which coach did you commit to?

Lauvance: All of them. I texted all of them at once around 2 pm today.

TRG: What do you best?

Lavunce: I get to the ball. Wherever the ball is I'm there and I work to get there.

TRG: What area do you need to get better?

Launce: Everything. I mean I need to get better in everything. I need to get as good as I can be.

The state's best DL comes on board. The class keeps getting better.

nughaud

southeasthog

The Coletrain

You da man, RD!!  And Lavunce has got me fired up!!  I may freakin' explode after our first tackle behind the line this year!!  I love seeing the big fellas in the trenches blow up a hole and crush some poor RB before he even gets any forward momentum.  I see LA doing that a bunch for us over the next few years!! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

The Recruiting Guy

We plan to have him on Sports Rap. I'll post the time of the interview.

Lavunce is a great interview.

SandeHog

Great news. This has got to be the best recruiting class ever.

Welcome LA!

The Coletrain

Quote from: SandeHog on July 28, 2007, 09:15:28 pm
Great news. This has got to be the best recruiting class ever.

Welcome LA!

Definitely off to the best start for sure!!  Hopefully we'll still be singing the praises of this class when their signatures are on the dotted line come February!! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

slopinhogs

thanks for keeping the info updated Richard. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Hawgballz

WPS for what feels like the 20th time this week.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Shizzle

This is shaping up to be a superb class. I can't remember having this many verbals this early, Texas and USC have changed recruiting in my opinion by getting all the early verbals the last few years. Welcome aboard Mr Askew, I look forward to seeing you in a Hog uni
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

jpenrod1

Quote from: Shizzle on July 28, 2007, 11:19:45 pm
This is shaping up to be a superb class. I can't remember having this many verbals this early, Texas and USC have changed recruiting in my opinion by getting all the early verbals the last few years. Welcome aboard Mr Askew, I look forward to seeing you in a Hog uni

If we can get Joe this class will be all i could have asked for.

jbhicks

Great to have LA on board, and I think we will still get Dennis Johnson. If Joe Adams jumps on board that will mean we got 9 out of the top 10 recruits in the state (and we didn't even go after the other one-Tyler Wilson).

OKCHogFan

He may be the next Tommy Harris (OU, Chicago Bears DL).

selfexplanatory

I like it when he said he needs to work on everything...sounds really hungry.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

jackflash

great job by the RAZORBACKS staff, could not ask for more in my opinion, never done this well this early as long as I can remember

piggingout

seems like TR is starting to get some recruiting pull with these DL's now.

PigPusher

Sounds like another budding Lawerence Taylor. Welcome Lavunce.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

mj4president

Quote from: OKCHogFan on July 28, 2007, 11:57:54 pm
He may be the next Tommy Harris (OU, Chicago Bears DL).

I hope by the time he leaves we can say "I hope (whatever recruit) becomes the next lavunce."
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

slopinhogs

welcome to the hogs LAvunce :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

BERLY_HOGMAN

January 16, 2008, 12:39:23 am #20 Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 11:23:37 pm by BERLY_HOGMAN
Looks like this is the latest... has Askew decommitted???

MOD EDIT:  PREMIUM CONTENT REMOVED!  DO NOT POST COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL ON OUR WEBSITE, OTHERWISE, YOU RISK BEING BANNED.

VenturaHog

Conway4Hogs

Hey Nutt...Stay the *uck out of Arkansas you dumb@ss

ksrazorback

Keep your eyes on the best prize Lavunce Askew, that be the Arkansas Razorbacks....

Thanks Richard, another very good interview!!

:razorback: Go Razorbacks    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

bjackson

coach petrino please do not let this kid get away he is a must have.

jgphillips3

Given our lack of depth on D-Line, he is close to a must get.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Houston is recruiting Arkansas harder now than he did when he was coaching here.  Whats up with that?

OnYourToes

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on January 16, 2008, 12:25:00 pm
Houston is recruiting Arkansas harder now than he did when he was coaching here.  Whats up with that?

He's a winner and a fighter.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

swinesation

I personally consider Lavunce Askew the number one recruit in the state of Arkansas this year. We REALLY need him to come to the U of A and be a Hog.

C'mon, Lavunce, fulfill your destiny as a future football star - known and loved throughout the state of Arkansas!

The_Iceman

Quote from: swinesation on January 19, 2008, 04:26:07 pm
I personally consider Lavunce Askew the number one recruit in the state of Arkansas this year. We REALLY need him to come to the U of A and be a Hog.

C'mon, Lavunce, fulfill your destiny as a future football star - known and loved throughout the state of Arkansas!

Joe Adams...Tyler Wilson...Jarious Wright....DeAnthony Curtis?

i would say they are better.

nughaud

Interesting how you selected all offensive guys.

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2008, 04:38:08 pm

Horkus Porkus

The_Iceman

Quote from: nughaud on January 19, 2008, 05:17:18 pm
Interesting how you selected all offensive guys.

he said the #1 recruit in the state, and didnt specify offense or defense.

swinesation

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 19, 2008, 04:38:08 pm

I am familiar with all of those guys - and still think Askew is tops. Put this one in the archives and pull it up in two or three years. Askew is going to be a star in college and then go on to play on Sundays. Out of the four you listed, the only one I think is as big time as Askew is Jarious Wright. I really hope we hang onto him as well.

So anyway, we disagree, but neither one of us knows for sure. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong. I'm just spouting off my opinion - which doesn't carry a lot of weight even in my own household!  ;D

bcshog

Freaking Houston Nutt Sack!!  He doesn't start recruiting until he leaves AR.  What a snatch!

Hogg_Phan

Quote from: BERLY_HOGMAN on January 16, 2008, 12:39:23 am
Looks like this is the latest... has Askew decommitted???

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/720309.html

That was posted on the 15th before he came this weekend.
Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

txkrazorback

You Sir: Are the Man! +1!
Welcome Lavunce Askew ! Sign Him Coach Petrino!
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

jim hog

Man this is shaping up as a potentially great class.

Kilgor

Some of you need to pay attention to the date this was originally posted... 

He has been an Arkansas commit since last summer, but when Nutt left it got shaky.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Throwback1

Quote from: swinesation on January 19, 2008, 06:29:26 pm
I am familiar with all of those guys - and still think Askew is tops. Put this one in the archives and pull it up in two or three years. Askew is going to be a star in college and then go on to play on Sundays. Out of the four you listed, the only one I think is as big time as Askew is Jarious Wright. I really hope we hang onto him as well.

So anyway, we disagree, but neither one of us knows for sure. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong. I'm just spouting off my opinion - which doesn't carry a lot of weight even in my own household!  ;D
The surest "Sunday" player of this 4 is D. Curtis.
"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

jackflash

All of them are great players. We need help at certain positions on offense. But to me the most important  improvement has got to come on the defensive side of the ball. Have some great players there just not enough. Do not think the SEC coaches fear our defense would like to see this change.

swinesation

Throwback1

"So me and the boys were sitting around, trying to decide what to do with all this extra coin, and I said, "I'm gonna hire that texting clown over in Arkansas", and, I, I really underestimated the creepiness." - Pete Boone, Ole Miss AD

ntubjr

Swino

Why post a link to hi when you have it strait from the horses mouth?