Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video: Frostproof Florida RB Carlton Thomas

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 15, 2007, 10:55:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Carlton is a 5'7 165 pounds with 4.48 speed from Frostproof HS, Frostproof Fla. I plan to give Carlton a call and do a update soon.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gfhtSE0WGs

Interview in March:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=124422.0

Realist

IronHog

A Little fred talleyish, a little reggie bushish.

Be nice to have a guy like that with a bigger back for a 1-2 punch.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

hawgwild1087

Man he has no trouble finding the holes.  Really shifty runner.

IronHog I agree, we should pair him with a bigger back.  Thomas and someone like R Watson or Shuler would be great.

VenturaHog

I love this highlight reel, his cutting ability and uncanny balance make me think of barry sanders. I know there will never be another B sanders but this kid is hard to hit.

IcEwalker

no offense to these guys, be #1 priority needs to be DeAnthony Curtis, then Sam McGuffie, the the likes of these guys (including Dennis Johnson)

351hog

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 16, 2007, 08:14:44 am
no offense to these guys, be #1 priority needs to be DeAnthony Curtis, then Sam McGuffie, the the likes of these guys (including Dennis Johnson)

100% Agree.  Curtis and McGuffie are the must gets.  But I like the way this kid runs too and would have no problem welcoming him aboard. 

Hogstocking

June 16, 2007, 11:28:48 am #7 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:34:34 am by Hogstocking

That's what I love about the RB's we're recruiting this year. Thomas has major offers from Southern Cal, Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Rutgers, West Virginia etc.etc. and I've seen people here consider him our 3rd, 4th or even 5th option.  This is going to shake out to be a unreal RB class IMO.

The_Bionic_Pig

June 16, 2007, 11:33:58 am #8 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 11:35:52 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Hogstocking on June 16, 2007, 11:28:48 am
no offense to these guys, be #1 priority needs to be De Anthony Curtis, then Sam McGuffie, the the likes of these guys (including Dennis Johnson)

That's what I love about the RB's we're recruiting this year. Thomas has major offers from Georgia, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Rutgers, West Virginia etc.etc. and I've seen people here consider him our 3rd, 4th or even 5th option.  This is going to shake out to be a unreal RB class IMO.

That is what I was thinking any other year Dennis Johnson would be Cedric Houston & De Angelo Curtis would be Cedric Cobbs.  However this shakes out with the Oklahoma & Florida RB's showing very serious interest I hope we secure the signature of the instate talent above all because they are just as good as any out their.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Recruiting Guy

The interest some some of the top backs in the nation all goes back to having a Heisman candidate playing for you. All these guys see themselves as the next Darren McFadden.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 16, 2007, 12:52:16 pm
The interest some some of the top backs in the nation all goes back to having a Heisman candidate playing for you. All these guys see themselves as the next Darren McFadden.

Watching Sam McGuffie, I would have a hard time arguing that he wasn't the next Darren McFadden.  His burst once he breaks the initial contact is tremendous.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

IcEwalker

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 16, 2007, 01:01:51 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 16, 2007, 12:52:16 pm

Watching Sam McGuffie, I would have a hard time arguing that he wasn't the next Darren McFadden.  His burst once he breaks the initial contact is tremendous.

and im sure hes being told that too...

tophawg19

thomas has barry sanders moves . this group of rb's might be the best we've had a chance at . rb will always be a strength at ark.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins