Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida RB Carlton Thomas likes the Razorbacks

Started by The Recruiting Guy, March 21, 2007, 07:38:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

March 21, 2007, 07:38:16 pm Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 10:45:06 pm by Richard Davenport
Carlton is a 5'7 165 pounds with 4.48 speed from Frostproof HS, Frostproof Fla. Carlton rushed for over 2,250 yards and 25 TDs. Carlton was named first team Class 2B All State. I talked to Carlton about 20 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Carlton: Arkansas, Auburn, West Virgina, Arizona St, U Conn.

TRG: Who offered first?

Carlton: Auburn. Arkansas was the 3rd team to offer.

TRG: Coach Metheny also said some other teams are close to offering you. Who are they?

Carlton: Florida State, Notre Dame and Ohio St.

TRG: Coach Metheny told me Arkansas was your favorite.

Carlton:Yes sir they are. I like the way Coach Vaughn talks to me. He's honest with me. He said he would stay in contact with me and that's what he's been doing.

TRG: What else do you like about Arkansas?

Carlton: I like the offense.I saw them play a couple of times and liked their offense.

TRG: What's your thoughts on Darren McFadden?

Carlton: He's tough. I watched him during the season. Any time I could watch him I did.

TRG: Any plans for any camps this summer?

Carlton. I would like to come up to Arkansas for a camp if they let me know about it.

TRG: Any other camps?

Carlton: I'll probably go to Florida's camp and go to a team camp.

TRG: Who do you like to compare your running style to?

Carlton: Barry Sanders. I loved to watch him when I was younger. That's who I like to emulate.

TRG: What's your bench and squat?

Carlton: I bench 315 and squat 430.

TRG: Any idea when you may make some visits?

Carlton: I really don't know about that.

TRG: Any time line for a decision?

Carlton: I don't know that either.

Coach Vaughn has really made a good impression on Carlton. Coach Vaughn and Arkansas' running game really appeals to Carlton. I plan to stay in touch with Carlton.

joebut18

I like to see HDN and company getting in on the young studs from out of state this early.  Good job coaching staff...now stay on him!!!!

djgaffer

The Vaughn move isn't a popular one, but the comments above are the reason Coach Vaughn was moved back to the field. 

501Ben

Yea having him back out on the recruiting trail helps a lot. He is the one who got us Kareem Crowell.

cubbie

He is a strong little guy.  "I bench 315 and squat 430"
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

Kevin Bacon

March 21, 2007, 09:33:33 pm #5 Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:35:06 pm by Kevin Bacon
But he is 5-7.  5-7, is that right???  I mean usually when they say a guy is 6-3 he is really 6-1.  This 5-7 is scary small to me.  He sounds good though, if aubbie and wv offered.

BentonvilleJeff

That was a good read and I also liked the picture. He does look like Sanders and that's a good guy to look up to. If I remember Barry was only like 5-8 but carried about 40 more pounds. Sounds like if this dude ran for over 2000 yards he is a tough little back. I don't mind having a short tailback, they can hide behind those giant o linemen. I hope we stay on him and he has a solid senior year.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Kevin Bacon on March 21, 2007, 09:33:33 pm
But he is 5-7.  5-7, is that right???  I mean usually when they say a guy is 6-3 he is really 6-1.  This 5-7 is scary small to me.  He sounds good though, if aubbie and wv offered.

Another thread here has him at 5'-9 180. I kinda like that one better.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

The Recruiting Guy

I told him I've seen him listed any where from 5'6 to 5'10 and asked him his height,
5'7 was his answer.

VenturaHog

Putting up those kind of numbers on an incomplete season in the "speed state" is no fluke, this kid can obviously play. I would like to see some video and see how he compares to sanders.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: VenturaHog on March 21, 2007, 11:24:15 pm
Putting up those kind of numbers on an incomplete season in the "speed state" is no fluke, this kid can obviously play. I would like to see some video and see how he compares to sanders.

Coach Metheny said he was sending out a tape today. Hope to have it up soon.

RazorBassin

Shocktheman

Quote from: cubbie on March 21, 2007, 08:48:47 pm
He is a strong little guy.  "I bench 315 and squat 430"

Impressive to say the least!

Thanks TRG!  +1

HogKong

Why is this kid not even listed on the rivals website??

staffhog

JShipCPA

Carlton. I would like to come up to Arkansas for a camp if they let me know about it.

Hope we don't forget to send him a camp invite!

cosmodrum

The thing that's cool about being so short is that he's hard to see come out of the backfield, and he has a lower center of gravity, which makes him harder to tackle. And for him to be that size and bench and squat what he does? Sounds like a little monster if you ask me.
Go away, batin'

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 22, 2007, 09:14:08 am

The thing that's cool about being so short is that he's hard to see come out of the backfield, and he has a lower center of gravity, which makes him harder to tackle. And for him to be that size and bench and squat what he does? Sounds like a little monster if you ask me.

Cosmo...

When you keep hitting the 'refresh' button you keep adding the same posts again and again.  I had to learn the hard way too. ;)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hoggimistic

4.48, sounds kinda slow though....is that electronic?

It's scary since the times are usually inflated....4.4's turn into 4.6's, 4.6's to 4.8's.....

jhudson84

so to run an actual 4.4 he would have to be a reported 4.2, dont see too many of those floatin around

IcEwalker

wait... did he say he liked the offense? i thought there is only one offense high school players like? is Tulsa offering him...

stevenglennn

Not only do I like the sound of his words, plus his physical tools, but I also think that it is great to have DMac as a role model.  Before you flame me for that statement, I realize DMac isn't perfect, but it appears as if he has learned from his mistakes.  No one would ever question DMac's work ethic and his willingness to learn.  DMac also works each play for everything he has to give.  These are the traits that I bet Mr. Thomas could pick up from DMac, should he sign with the U of A.  Yes I think Mr. Thomas would look good playing on a field with a Hog. 

Steve
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

cosmodrum

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on March 22, 2007, 09:19:44 am
Quote from: cosmodrum on March 22, 2007, 09:14:08 am

Cosmo...

When you keep hitting the 'refresh' button you keep adding the same posts again and again.  I had to learn the hard way too. ;)

For me, I got a message from my network admin that there was a communication error. So I backed up and reposted. Oops. Thanks though :-)
Go away, batin'

darazorback

Quote from: Richard Davenport on March 21, 2007, 07:38:16 pm
Carlton is a 5'7 165 pounds with 4.48 speed from Frostproof HS, Frostproof Fla. Carlton rushed for over 2,250 yards and 25 TDs. Carlton was named first team Class 2B All State. I talked to Carlton about 20 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Carlton: Arkansas, Auburn, West Virgina, Arizona St, U Conn.

TRG: Who offered first?

Carlton: Auburn. Arkansas was the 3rd team to offer.

TRG: Coach Metheny also said some other teams are close to offering you. Who are they?

Carlton: Florida State, Notre Dame and Ohio St.

TRG: Coach Metheny told me Arkansas was your favorite.

Carlton:Yes sir they are. I like the way Coach Vaughn talks to me. He's honest with me. He said he would stay in contact with me and that's what he's been doing.

TRG: What else do you like about Arkansas?

Carlton: I like the offense.I saw them play a couple of times and liked their offense.

TRG: What's your thoughts on Darren McFadden?

Carlton: He's tough. I watched him during the season. Any time I could watch him I did.

TRG: Any plans for any camps this summer?

TRG: Any other camps?

Carlton: I'll probably go to Florida's camp and go to a team camp.

TRG: Who do you like to compare your running style to?

Carlton: Barry Sanders. I loved to watch him when I was younger. That's who I like to emulate.

TRG: What's your bench and squat?

Carlton: I bench 315 and squat 430.

TRG: Any idea when you may make some visits?

Carlton: I really don't know about that.

TRG: Any time line for a decision?

Carlton: I don't know that either.

Coach Vaughn has really made a good impression on Carlton. Coach Vaughn and Arkansas' running game really appeals to Carlton. I plan to stay in touch with Carlton.

Hmm...he said he would love to go to a camp of ours, if we let him know about them! That seems a bit odd that Coach V hasn't mentioned to him the camps we are going to have this year.

darazorback

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 22, 2007, 09:11:45 am

Yeah it sounds like a lil' "Barry Sanders" lol which is who he said he emulates. Barry had a very strong lower body, I believe they said when he was in the NFL he sqatted over 500 lbs.

KAHog

Quote from: stevenglennn on March 22, 2007, 12:59:01 pm
Not only do I like the sound of his words, plus his physical tools, but I also think that it is great to have DMac as a role model.  Before you flame me for that statement, I realize DMac isn't perfect, but it appears as if he has learned from his mistakes.  No one would ever question DMac's work ethic and his willingness to learn.  DMac also works each play for everything he has to give.  These are the traits that I bet Mr. Thomas could pick up from DMac, should he sign with the U of A.  Yes I think Mr. Thomas would look good playing on a field with a Hog. 

Steve
Sounds great, but DMac won't be here to put this kid under his wing.  We'd be lucky if Jones is.

AUSTXHOG

When I looked at his measurements and speed, I couldn't help but think of Quentin Richardson (from OU a couple years back?).  He seemed to hide behind the huge linemen and then bust out in the open field.

Waldron_Hog

jhudson84

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on March 22, 2007, 10:47:35 pm
When I looked at his measurements and speed, I couldn't help but think of Quentin Richardson (from OU a couple years back?).  He seemed to hide behind the huge linemen and then bust out in the open field.

Quentin Richardson? Doesnt he play for the Knicks?

Yah it's Griffin.

cbjagman

No offense to this young man; however, from what I've seen most, if not all, the kids we signed this year at rb this year plus M. Smith are all rather short/light. When we lose DMc and Jones at this rate it appears that we will generally be playing with mainly "smurfs" in the back field. Guess we know now why we didn't really recruit B. Green all that much: he was just too big.

Hogstocking

Notre Dame has thrown their hat in the ring now too.  They've offered him.

Arkansas still appears to be his leader.

VenturaHog

Any updates on him TRG? that youtube vid was impressive.

The Recruiting Guy