Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

matt harris

Started by hardcorehogfan, June 13, 2007, 07:49:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hardcorehogfan

There has been much speculation about him on this board.  When will we know for sure if he qualifies.  Also, is Juwaun Franklin the only casualty from last years' class.  We really need this guy to qualify, due to depth issues at safety.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on June 13, 2007, 07:49:26 am
There has been much speculation about him on this board.  When will we know for sure if he qualifies.  Also, is Juwaun Franklin the only casualty from last years' class.  We really need this guy to qualify, due to depth issues at safety.

I am guessing that you are talking about Michael Harris, if so we should know in about 2 weeks.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hardcorehogfan

i was referring to the safety out of texas

Hawgballz

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on June 13, 2007, 09:04:08 pm
i was referring to the safety out of texas

OK, you must mean Bret Harris.  It is my understanding that he is qualified and ready to go (set to report by the end of June).  Here is a link to his latest update from Richard.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=138277.0

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on June 13, 2007, 07:49:26 am

You must not be talking about Bret Harris, because he has never had a problem of qualifying. 

hardcorehogfan

my bad, i thought i read bret harris but i guess it is micheal harris from tulsa.  can someone tell me who is not qualified and who is iffy from last years class.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hardcorehogfan on June 14, 2007, 06:20:08 am
my bad, i thought i read bret harris but i guess it is micheal harris from tulsa.  can someone tell me who is not qualified and who is iffy from last years class.

Juwan Franklin will be going prep school (Hargrave) or JC (Arkansas Baptist) and Michael Harris looks like he will be going the JC route, but there is still a slight chance he may qualify.  Jermaine Love is the wildcard with information being varied all the way from he is qualified & ready to go (from Jermaine Love) to he still has a lot of work to do.

hardcorehogfan

great, those are the three that I was the most excited about.  i hope all three end up in a razorback uniform.

Mo_Better_Hogs

We have a lot of Harris guys running around. Isn't Matt the son of the great Cowboy DB Cliff Harris? If so, I don't know much about him other than that. Does anyone have the scoop on him?

whocares

not alot of work from love just that his school needs to back him up and say that a couple of classes he took were regular classes and not remedial

ksrazorback

June 14, 2007, 11:49:02 am #10 Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:51:16 am by ksrazorback
He is the son of former Dallas Cowboys' great Cliff Harris and the nephew of former Razorback defensive back Tommy Harris.

Matt Harris  # 39  SS - SS   
Height:  6-2   Weight:  190  Redshirt Freshman   
Out of Pearce HS  /  Hometown  Richardson, Texas 

OUTLOOK: He will be one of the candidates for snaps in the UA secondary at strong safety. He will face stiff competition for playing time in 2006. He will most likely be special teams role this season with an eye towards his defensive future.
He is listed as a reserve at strong safety on the fall depth chart.

2005: He spent his redshirt season working with the UA scout team defense.

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30724&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=187499&Q_SEASON=2006

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on June 14, 2007, 11:24:41 am
We have a lot of Harris guys running around. Isn't Matt the son of the great Cowboy DB Cliff Harris? If so, I don't know much about him other than that. Does anyone have the scoop on him?

Hope this helps...

:razorback:  Go Razorbacks   :razorback:     :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Tejano Jawg

Thanks KS. That's what I needed.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork