Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on incoming freshman S Bret Harris

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 30, 2007, 09:17:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Bret is a 5'11 180 pound safety from MacArthur HS, Irving TX. I talked to Bret about 15 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: When do you plan to report?

Bret: I'm thinking June 30th.

TRG: What are you doing to get ready for the fall?

Bret: I'm working out with my strength coach at school. I haven't maxed yet but I plan to before I leave.

TRG: Are you doing any other drills to get ready?

Bret: I'm doing a lot of running and trying to improve my hips, flexibility and feet.

TRG: Have you talked to any of the coaches?

Bret: I talk to Coach Shibest every now and then. We usually talk about how I'm doing and making sure I clear the clearinghouse. I've talked to Coach Herring a couple of times but not much.

TRG: Have you received the defensive playbook?

Bret: Yes. They sent me a book. Some of it is similar to what we ran in high school and some is totally different.

TRG: What's your expectations for the fall?

Bret: I'm planning to come in and compete and do my best.

TRG: Have you talked to any of your fellow incoming freshmen?

Bret: I've talked to Jermaine (Love) a couple of times and Isaac Madison once.

It's very hard to predict incoming freshmen but I'll go out on a limb and say Bret will see the field one way or another. I see Bret providing depth at Safety and possibly playing on special teams.

The Boar War

Thanks for the report.  I would assume from the phone calls he's going to play on special teams.  If he was going to compete for the starting safety position I'm sure Reggie Herring would be in contact more often.  Whats his forty time?

RedSatinHog

Maybe I have him confused with someone else, but I think this is the son of former Dallas Cowboys' All-Pro safety Cliff Harris.

Tommy Harris, am I right about this one?
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

The Recruiting Guy

May 30, 2007, 09:45:41 pm #3 Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:48:35 pm by Richard Davenport
Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on May 30, 2007, 09:43:25 pm
Maybe I have him confused with someone else, but I think this is the son of former Dallas Cowboys' All-Pro safety Cliff Harris.

Tommy Harris, am I right about this one?

No. You're thinking of Matt Harris.

The Coletrain

He's a guy that committed fairly early that I think some people overlooked.  He had some big-time offers.  His early commitment allowed us to pass on James Thomas.  Could be a good one for us!! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Landonhog

He had one of the better highlight videos I had seen for our incoming class.  He looks to be a good one...   :razorback:

jhudson84

TREMENDOUS HITTER.  Good cover skills much in the mold of ken hamlin

Bomis Hawg

Solid hitter.
Some teams made a late push at him, but failed.

Hogtide

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 30, 2007, 09:17:45 pm
Bret is a 5'11 180 pound safety from MacArthur HS, Irving TX. I talked to Bret about 15 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: When do you plan to report?

Bret: I'm thinking June 30th.

TRG: What are you doing to get ready for the fall?

Bret: I'm working out with my strength coach at school. I haven't maxed yet but I plan to before I leave.

TRG: Are you doing any other drills to get ready?

Bret: I'm doing a lot of running and trying to improve my hips, flexibility and feet.

TRG: Have you talked to any of the coaches?

Bret: I talk to Coach Shibest every now and then. We usually talk about how I'm doing and making sure I clear the clearinghouse. I've talked to Coach Herring a couple of times but not much.

TRG: Have you received the defensive playbook?

Bret: Yes. They sent me a book. Some of it is similar to what we ran in high school and some is totally different.

TRG: What's your expectations for the fall?

Bret: I'm planning to come in and compete and do my best.

TRG: Have you talked to any of your fellow incoming freshmen?

Bret: I've talked to Jermaine (Love) a couple of times and Isaac Madison once.

It's very hard to predict incoming freshmen but I'll go out on a limb and say Bret will see the field one way or another. I see Bret providing depth at Safety and possibly playing on special teams.

He reads plays to slow.  Good hitter but he's going to need time to develop.  I'd bank on him getting shirted or playing kick off coverage if needed.

Beaverfever

I think this guy will be the next big-hitting arkansas safety.  Benches 300+, Vertical 30 inch+, and an SAT of 1200.  Sounds great.

Tejano Jawg

To refresh your memory:

Bret Harris is rated the no. 43 safety in the country.  He is athletic, benching 310 and squatting 465.   Without having exact numbers, Bret was averaging around 10 tackles per game his senior season.  He's a good student as well.  With a 3.2 GPA, we won't have to worry about him qualifying.  He might see some playing time in a backup role in 2007.  Bret also held offers from Arizona St, Missouri, Ok St., and TCU. 

He was one of my favorite recent signees. Plus, he's the kid that looks like Ronnie Lott, which doesn't hurt either.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork