Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Lastest on RB De'Anthony Curtis

Started by The Recruiting Guy, April 15, 2007, 07:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

April 15, 2007, 07:55:59 pm Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:15:42 pm by Richard Davenport
De'Anthony has offers from Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Texas Tech, Tulsa, Miss. State, Ole Miss, Arkansas St. and UCA. I just got off the phone with De'Anthony. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Did you make it up for Arkansas' Jr Day yesterday?

De'Anthony: No sir. I had to take the ACT.

TRG: What's the lastest on your recruitment?

De'Anthony: Pretty much the same schools but I'm getting mail from some new schools.

TRG: What are the new schools sending you mail?

De"Anthony: Florida, LSU, Michigan, Stanford and West Virgina. I got a questionare from USC.

TRG: When's the last time you talked to Arkansas?

De'Anthony: When I was up there last week for the scrimmage. I talked to Coach Lee, Coach Danny Nutt, Coach Nutt and Coach Vaughn.

TRG: What did they have to say?

De'Anthony: They wanted to know where Arkansas stands.

TRG: The NCAA is proposing a ban on college coaches texting recruits. What's your thoughts on that?

De'Anthony: I don't think they should do anything about the texting.

TRG: How many texts do you get in a day?

De"Anthony: About 20.

TRG: Does that bother you?

De'Anthony: No sir.

TRG: Which school texts you the most?

De'Anthony: Oklahoma State. They text me everyday. They text me from the time I get up to the time I go to bed.

TRG: What about Arkansas?

De'Anthony: They text me everyday. I get about 5 a day.

TRG: Last time we talked you said you would make an decision before the season. Does that still hold?

De'Anthony: It's still the same.

It's yes sir and no sir with De'Anthony. He's a super nice young man. I still like Arkansas' chances.

De'Anthony will be on Press Row Tuesday Morning at 7:05.

Previous interview:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=118360.0

beansandtaters

Thanks TRG! I sure hope D'Anthony comes to take over as AR's next All American RB!!

arkjay19

Sounds like Arkansas isn't dropping the ball on instate recruiting this year.  De'Anthony looks like a great running back, hopefully they can get him.

yraciv

I suggest we ask have you got any texts from Coach Nutt next time.

Hawgballz

Quote from: yraciv on April 15, 2007, 09:42:13 pm
I suggest we ask have you got any texts from Coach Nutt next time.

I know you know this, but I will mention it anyway.  Head coaches very rarely text recruits (usually only to make offers or "seal the deal"), the assistants do 98% of all texting to recruits.  BTW, Coach Nutt did text De'Anthony when Arkansas offered.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tomhog™

It's good to know that the texts are rolling in at a reasonable rate.  I'm sure they are from one or two assistant coaches.  He could follow in the tspes of many great skill players at Arkansas over the last few years.  I hope he decides in the end to follow his team mate to the Hill.

Bomis Hawg

I think Arkansas is using a CTU-like non-traceable phone number. ;D

Good to hear on the update, thought.  Arkansas planning Felix and D-Mc both leaving with the high number of RBs on the list?

Wes Craven

Sounds like a great kid. I hope we can get him here on the Hill.

jmchog

What did De'Anthony have to say on Press Row this morning?

VenturaHog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on April 16, 2007, 09:00:37 am
I think Arkansas is using a CTU-like non-traceable phone number. ;D

Good to hear on the update, thought.  Arkansas planning Felix and D-Mc both leaving with the high number of RBs on the list?

Sure seems likely, think of all the hype williams and brown got out of aurburn a few years ago. Jones and dmac are both better than either one of them so i don't see why they wouldnt go this next offseason.

blueshog2001

Does De'Anthony play any defense?  Just curious.  Sounds like he would be a great pick up.  It would be nice to land all three of the Camden boys.