Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview's De'Anthony Curtis talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, February 20, 2007, 10:49:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

February 20, 2007, 10:49:44 am Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:51:58 am by Richard Davenport
De'Anthony is a 5'10 209 pound RB with 4.41 speed. De'Anthony is considered one of the top 08 prospects in the state. I talked to De'Anthony last night. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Are you planning to make Arkansas' Jr Day Camp?

De'Anthony: I think so. I have a baseball tournament this weekend but coach said I could go. I'll probably be there.

TRG: Tell me your offers?

De'Anthony: Arkansas, Tennessee and Tulsa.

TRG: Of those schools does one standout?

De'Anthony: Arkansas standouts. It's close to home and it's a real big school and they have a good running game.

TRG: I saw you at the FCA combine and you ran 4.51 on a slow track. When did you run the 4.41?

De'Anthony: In San Antonio at the Army All American combine.

TRG: Do you plan to attend any camps this summer?

De'Anthony: I'll go to Arkansas' Sr camp and Tennessee's Sr camp and the Nike camp.

TRG: Tell me your stats from last year.

De'Anthony: I had 568 yards on 58 carries and 41 catches for 641 yards and 6 TDs. I had 1700 all purpose yards and 21 TDs.

TRG: Do you plan to make a decision soon or will you make some visits?

De'Anthony: I plan to take some visits.

TRG: What schools are you interested in visiting?

De'Anthony: Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU and Florida.

TRG: What are some of the schools sending you letters?

De'Anthony: Nebraska, Oklahoma St., Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Tulsa and Tennessee.

I saw De'Anthony at the FCA combine in January. He looks like a D1 RB physically and with his 4.41 speed I'm sure he'll have more than three offers in the coming months.

De'Anthony is a yes sir and no sir type. I enjoyed talking to him.

It's early but it sounds good for Arkansas.

Bacon The Saddle Again

"De'Anthony: I had 568 yards on 58 carries and 41 catches for 641 yards and 6 TDs. I had 1700 all purpose yards and 21 TDs."

Wow.  Nice YPC average.

arkjayback

The Recruiting Guy

staffhog

Can this kid shake and bake a little bit?  If so, sounds like he will be quite a catch if we land him.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: staffhog on February 20, 2007, 03:02:59 pm
Can this kid shake and bake a little bit?  If so, sounds like he will be quite a catch if we land him.

OH man.  Can he ever.  His best attribute is his ability in the open field. 

He is more of a Felix Jones type back, good at catching screen's and swing passes out of the backfield. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

HOGINTENNESSEE

February 20, 2007, 03:23:27 pm #6 Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 03:29:12 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
De'Anthony come to Arkansas it's the place for you. And your teammates.

The Coletrain

Sounds like this guy would be a great fit!  If we can get him we are going to have a stable of good backs even after DMAC heads for the league. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

UnionChristian#3

its all about the running game, and we need backs like curtis to keep it up.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

TXHogFan

Why would we want him?  He sounds like a another running back for Houston Nutt's boring offense.  He seems to be favoring the Hogs early, so that must mean he was "born to be a Razorback" and Nutt will get no credit if he comes to Fayetteville.  <Note the sarcasm>  ;)  :razorback:

Seriously though, nice interview.  Thanks for the info. 

jhudson84

I smell a hugger.  Seriously he would be a great pickup, those who have seen him say he is better than DJ @ Texarkana, and I saw him in the title game...simply amazing

FullofInformation

He is the best in the state.  I have him rated ahead of Hall.  He has every tool you could want from a running back.  And don't forget he actually weighs more than D-Mac did as a freshman.  He isn't small at all.

Space Man

February 21, 2007, 12:47:41 pm #12 Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 12:49:57 pm by Space Man
Quote from: FullofInformation on February 21, 2007, 09:11:48 am
He is the best in the state.  I have him rated ahead of Hall.  He has every tool you could want from a running back.  And don't forget he actually weighs more than D-Mac did as a freshman.  He isn't small at all.

He wieghs more but he is at least 3 to 4 inches smaller.  Have you seen Dennis Johnson or Jarious Wright play?  Warren dominated Camden Fairview in a scrimmage, and from his clips I do not think that he is better than Dennis Johnson.  Dennis Johnson's issues with grades may cause him to be overlooked right now.  Dennis Johnson is a stud. 

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: Space Man on February 21, 2007, 12:47:41 pm
Quote from: FullofInformation on February 21, 2007, 09:11:48 am

He wieghs more but he is at least 3 to 4 inches smaller.  Have you seen Dennis Johnson or Jarious Wright play?  Warren dominated Camden Fairview in a scrimmage, and from his clips I do not think that he is better than Dennis Johnson.  Dennis Johnson's issues with grades may cause him to be overlooked right now.  Dennis Johnson is a stud. 

3-4 inches smaller actually makes him more compact and less likely to be injured.  It makes him more dense.  That's not a bad thing so long as the speed is still there.

mossfan33

is DeAnthony still a pretty good baseball player?  I remember watching him a few years ago when he would get infield hits and drive the defense crazy just running around the bases.
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

gibby

If Florida, Tennessee and LSU are recruiting him, I'd be shocked to see him on the Hill.  Delighted, but shocked.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: gibby on February 21, 2007, 05:40:19 pm
If Florida, Tennessee and LSU are recruiting him, I'd be shocked to see him on the Hill.  Delighted, but shocked.

Don't be shocked if that happens. 

Remember one thing about all 3 of these kids.  They all are Razorbacks at heart.  They love the Razorbacks as much as any of us.  They have Shawn Andrews pictures up in their field house, and probably know him personally.  I'm sure when Shawn comes back to town, he probably stops by if there is a practice going on. 

The thing to remember is that these kids are all intelligent enough, AND have good influences in their life to make the right decision for THEM.  Not us, the fans, BUT THEM.  A QB with the talent of Jim may not be a good fit for a Nutt/Lee ran offense.  Askew may not be a good fit for a different type of defense.  We don't know what will be going on next year yet, or the year after that. 

This is only my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 waited to see who was going to be the coach in 2008 before they committed anywhere.  Regardless, they will make the best decision for their life and their career. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

thahawg

Quote from: mossfan33 on February 21, 2007, 04:19:36 pm
is DeAnthony still a pretty good baseball player?  I remember watching him a few years ago when he would get infield hits and drive the defense crazy just running around the bases.

We played them a couple times last year. He is not as good as baseball as he is at football. Probably won't get any looks in baseball. His future is definitely in football.

socom95

De'A is really good at what he does. Shawn still comes and vists everyone not just the football players and he really has a strong effect on some student and football players, and yes De has the Shake N' Bake!!

mj4president

But why would we want good backs? We shouldnt run the ball with the best 1 2 punch in the nation. We should throw with inexperienced and not very good players. Come on Houston you should not that. You shouldnt do what gives us the best chance to win.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

LSPRazorbac

Quote from: dubyacee on February 21, 2007, 06:20:45 pm
Quote from: gibby on February 21, 2007, 05:40:19 pm

Don't be shocked if that happens. 

Remember one thing about all 3 of these kids.  They all are Razorbacks at heart.  They love the Razorbacks as much as any of us.  They have Shawn Andrews pictures up in their field house, and probably know him personally.  I'm sure when Shawn comes back to town, he probably stops by if there is a practice going on. 

The thing to remember is that these kids are all intelligent enough, AND have good influences in their life to make the right decision for THEM.  Not us, the fans, BUT THEM.  A QB with the talent of Jim may not be a good fit for a Nutt/Lee ran offense.  Askew may not be a good fit for a different type of defense.  We don't know what will be going on next year yet, or the year after that. 

This is only my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 waited to see who was going to be the coach in 2008 before they committed anywhere.  Regardless, they will make the best decision for their life and their career. 

How does this work?  I know its against NCAA rules for a programs ex-players to talk to recruits (Remember the rumors about McKnight talking to Reggie Bush).  Is it OK if the program doesn't set it up or what.  Seems like this rule could be broken inadvertently at certain functions.  Just wondering :)

Ball Hawk

February 28, 2007, 12:42:35 am #21 Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:44:10 am by touchdown
As long as the school doesn't set it up it doesn't matter.
Quote from: secfan30 on February 16, 2015, 11:01:56 pm

They are a perfect example of what happens with 10-12 generations of inbreeding.