Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rebels plan to fly banner at game on Saturday!

Started by razorback44, October 20, 2008, 04:35:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pastor_Hog

I hope they fly the banner.  Can you imagine how fired up that will make the crowd?  Like we needed more motivation!
Watch the Hogs on Saturday and worship Jesus on Sunday.

Sivad

Quote from: Smokehouse on October 20, 2008, 09:31:17 pm

And of course, Nutt is willing to vocally support the idea. Probably the only coach in America that would.

Yes. He is a unique idiot. Nobody like him.

DirtyTeeth

banner idea for the rebs
"Nuttin like being 3-4 with the best recruiting classes in the SEC"

honkyfool

BigDeal

Quote from: The Boar War on October 20, 2008, 04:41:00 pm
That would be the most stupid thing I've ever heard.  Teams with a record of 3-4 don't get to brag in other team's stadiums.  It doesn't sound like a very good pr move but that fits in with about everything else I've heard about Ole Miss.

I don't advocate flying any banners. never have and never will.  However, if there is any 3-4 team in the nation that brag, it would be Ole Miss.

I thank you.

Reaganite

Quote from: BigDeal on October 20, 2008, 11:14:36 pm
I don't advocate flying any banners. never have and never will.  However, if there is any 3-4 team in the nation that bragg, it would be Ole Miss.

I thank you.

Sivad

Quote from: BigDeal on October 20, 2008, 11:14:36 pm
If there is any 3-4 team in the nation that brag, it would be Ole Miss.
I thank you.
She has got to be getting tired of having her name associated with the dork just because of a little Holiday Inn "charity work".

josh_sec33

Well, Mississippi is behind Arkansas for educational ability in state by state rankings.

I think it's obvious that the is a very large difference in how far behind they really are.

Petrino and co. couldn't ask for a better motivational topic.

PLEASE DO IT!
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Wildhog

I'm pretty drunk, so I thought I'd contribute to this thread. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

pitbull1

If Nutt is all for then what do you expect.  He's backwards anyway!!

Granny fan

Quote from: Hogbody on October 20, 2008, 05:02:54 pm
wow  unfreaking real
Quote from: go hogues on October 20, 2008, 05:10:21 pm
Ideas for those Bama-banged punks to pass around:

"Nuttin like being 1-3 in the SEC"
Hey, I guess it would be similar to the one we flew for him last year.

"Visit Mississippi, we'll take your man tits from a full C to a full D in 11 months!"

"Ole Miss- We are SO CLOSE to being 6-1, 7-0 even"

"Tonight is Mississippi's first airplane flight"

Reganite probably still has our old one.  Maybe they could borrow one!!! ROFL

razorsharptusk

Comments starting from #13 on on their boards crack me up.  You know, this is splitting their fan base it seems.  Most don't want it, few do, including the coach.  You know it will happen now, if Nutt said he likes it, it will happen.  This ought to FIRE our team up.  I hope they find out about it.
GO HOGS!!

MJ4H

Can we hire someone to follow the plane with a banner that just says "LOL"?

axharbor

What kind of company in this area would actually fly that banner?  I have no idea what it costs, and I guess everyone has their price they'd do anything for, but seems like that'd be "suicide" for that company wouldn't it?  I know that if I were ever needing to fly a banner, I would NEVER use the company that would fly an Ole Miss banner over DWR.

Am I wrong on this??

jst01

Quote from: MJ4H on October 21, 2008, 07:54:49 am
Can we hire someone to follow the plane with a banner that just says "LOL"?

ha ha!!  thats hilarious!  I would never stop laughing at that.  +1

ADAM_713

I don't know about the regs, but you probably just need a commercial lic. to do this for money or a private to do it for free.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

johogs001

Quote from: El Puerco on October 20, 2008, 06:14:39 pm
Heck, Houston said they could easily be 6-1 or 7-0.  That's [CENSORED] awesome!  I remember the good ol' days when we had teams with such a solid moral record.

Boy you sure hate that those guys let go of the rope for those 4 or 5 plays.  We could be 7-0 right
now if the guys had just listened to me.  You just hate to see those 5 minutes off the clock.

jst01

Landonhog

SpareRib

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

hogrider

How about we help them out and fly a banner for them.

We've got talent--We've got Nutt--next 2 years we'll self destruct--

hogfanforever

Quote from: Landonhog on October 21, 2008, 08:39:39 am
http://redsolocup.blogspot.com/2008/10/red-solo-cup-officially-does-not.html

Not surprisingly, these guys actually get it... 

from the cited web site:
You think we're crazy? You think LSU is crazy? Try Northwest Arkansas in four days. That will be the craziest G_dd_mn sh_t you've ever seen. The zaniest, most delusional fans this side of Tuscaloosa will be as pissed as they've ever been. Why would you want to further incite an already savagely threatening environment?

fit's the original description -- a "wild band of razorback hogs" LOL

WPS!!!  :razorback: :razorback:
"One of these days its gonna get right and when it does I AM GOING to be scary for a lot of people"

Pigsknuckles

Houston Nutt halftime interview:

...I fear all we have done is to waken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve...
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Nashville Fan

Must be a great idea if TCTWF supports it! :) Guess we will find out what it sounds like to hear 70K LOL.
Pittman or Bust!

tbhogfan

Go Hogs!

kgr

I have two questions.

A.  Where did they find a plane in MS

B.  Where did they find someone to fly in MS

THANK GOD FOR MS
What have we learned in 2,064 years?

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to
work,  instead of living on public assistance."
                                                               -
Cicero   - 55 BC

So,   evidently nothing.

PeytonManningSUCKS

haha, they are talking about an abort plan if we are winning, which is totally wussy by the way... but here is an astute observation by one of them after seeeveral posts about waiting till the 4th quarter in case they were behind.

"But if you should know if we waited until the fourth quarter it would be about 9 p.m. and dark."

cbjagman

I understand that the flyover is true. In fact, it's my understanding that the Ole Miss
fan base took up a collection this past home game to help finance the flyover. With the
$5.00 they collected they're able to rent a cropduster to show their 'love" and appreciation for Nuttso.

Hog in MO

Quote from: Razor-back on October 20, 2008, 04:52:08 pm
Don't know about you guys, but I will be passing out free beer and handshakes to all Ole Miss fans that walk by my tailgate.

I guess I better go find me an Ole Mrs hat then - just for the pregame anyway :)

hog_fan

Someone very close to Nutt started this idea probably TP because they asked him if it was ok.

are they going to do this before or during the game?

jst01

Quote from: hog_fan on October 21, 2008, 02:28:31 pm
Someone very close to Nutt started this idea probably TP because they asked him if it was ok.

are they going to do this before or during the game?

It's illegal to fly over a stadium during games because of FAA rules. They
will have to fly around the stadium before the game.  Prob about 3 hours
before the game i would guess. 

twistitup

biggest waste of resources I have seen in a while...no team with a losing record should be bragging about a damn thing, especially their coach.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Jdub

Quote from: cbjagman on October 21, 2008, 02:22:28 pm
I understand that the flyover is true. In fact, it's my understanding that the Ole Miss
fan base took up a collection this past home game to help finance the flyover. With the
$5.00 they collected they're able to rent a cropduster to show their 'love" and appreciation for Nuttso.

Maybe they will have balloons like his Chuck-E-Cheese presser for all those 2 star recruits he signed.

mclyte

I am not sure if this has been posted, but check this BS out...  The Ole Miss fans are taking up a collection to try to get a banner flown over RRS during the game.

http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/8915/t/tell----plan--fly--banner--Fayettville.html

e_dub

Yeah, it's been posted about 4 times now.  There's a search feature up there.

BEvERage

John Futrall

I also heard that the Packers won Super Bowl I

Table Rocker

wholehog92

How many villages have lost their idiots thanks to Mississippi?

How bout this for a banner:

MS, the one place in the US where TCTWF looks less stupid.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hogfanforever on October 21, 2008, 12:04:18 pm
from the cited web site:
You think we're crazy? You think LSU is crazy? Try Northwest Arkansas in four days. That will be the craziest G_dd_mn sh_t you've ever seen. The zaniest, most delusional fans this side of Tuscaloosa will be as pissed as they've ever been. Why would you want to further incite an already savagely threatening environment?

fit's the original description -- a "wild band of razorback hogs" LOL

WPS!!!  :razorback: :razorback:

I liked this quote, too!!

Have you listened to the man talk? He's wacky.

:)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

twistitup

I think the banner will simply say:

Sometimes you feel like a Nutt...thanks Arkansas!
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

They're 3-4, 1-3 and proud as a peacock.  If this banner flys, we need lots of footage of it so in year 3,
we can rub it in over and over after they've had 2 piss poor recruiting years and are now realizing a
4 win season is huge with Nutt.  Thes poor souls do not realize thisis as good as it gets with this idiot.
I doubt this banner flys because as we found out, there are only certian times it will be allowed to fly
and truthfully, I would guess sounder minds will soon take over and realize how this could come back
to bite them.

Boardon Hamsay

October 21, 2008, 07:05:41 pm #92 Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 07:07:36 pm by rlh06
Based on the first and most important question asked at Nutt's first OM presser, I imagine the banner will say, "Thank you, Coach Nutt, for putting the names on the back our jersey's again."  I guess their priorities are: The Grove, names on uniforms, then wins and losses.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Ex-Trumpet

They need to fly the banners now; it's as good as it's gonna get!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

RD

PeytonManningSUCKS

That's great that he encouraged it, I mean, what a tool.  I don't hate him, but I recognize a tool box when I see one...
See. Tool box.  Right down there. VVVV