58 (28.3%)
vandy
2 (1%)
some school in cali
11 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Break & Run

Quote from: Oliverhogman on July 03, 2006, 10:25:03 pm
I was believing that he would come here until I read the part about him wanting to play basketball and football both.

Maybe he would be wise to ask Matt Jones if that would work.
This is interestingly right, but if you think about it, why not give him a chance at both considering we have both Casey Dick and Mitch Mustain.  Dick showed us that he could play in great pressure situations whenever we played LSU in the Bayou.  Losing my 2 points, the year before LSU just completely dominated Arkansas in LR.  Why not give Kodi Burns a chance at basketball and let him see which he would rather play??  Is it the fact that Nutt didn't want Jones to play both or is it an NCAA reg. that you can only play one sport ??  I still think that Dick and Mustain can be a great combination, like Shockley and Greene.
                :razorback:   WOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE !!!!!!!!!!    :razorback:
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

return2glory

It isn't an NCAA regulation that you can only play one sport. It's up to the player and coaches. Usually two sport athletes will chose which sport they want to go pro in and concentrate on it (a la Matt Jones, Julius Peppers, and many others). Some are good enough to play both all the way through and still get drafted (a la Tony Gonzalez of the Chiefs.....at least I think he played basketball for Cal in his last semester there. Can't remember for sure)

Hollywood_HOGan

saw that another school offered Burns.

WHo might that be?

Need to land this kid.

HawgnDos

July 15, 2006, 08:15:10 pm #54 Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 08:25:01 pm by HawgnDos
He just got back from Ole Piss so you know Ole Ed had to offer him, heck he's offered everybody else!
I just looked it up and it was.....Kansas.

bigred7987

Says he was "blown away" by his Auburn visit
He said Auburn made a real big jump. Arkansas and Auburn are my top two and they are about the same.
Said he will probably make a decision in a couple of weeks between Auburn and Arkansas

thahawg

Porkerpower

Man we need Kodi at Arkansas.  He'll be a great one where ever he goes.

T-Bag Hawg

Why is it recruiting is as exciting as games?  I nearly crapped my pants with anticipation when he said he'll choose in the next 2 weeks!  Great, more sleepless nights!
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

hogsmaster

That doesn't sound good.  I know that he said that Arkansas and Auburn are his top two and he will make a decision soon, but he only moved Auburn up after the visit.  He seems really impressed on his visit.  I would hate to lose him to Auburn or anyone in SEC for that matter.  Especially if he ends up quaterbacking Auburn to a victory in Fayetteville.

willkhitey

Perhaps we should introduce him to our sociology department
"What a terrible waste it is to lose one's mind"
--Dan Quayle, speaking to the NAACP

gopigsgo

it is a long time till signing day.he will be a hog and a good one.

J.A.Y.

This does not sound good at all. We have seen him say on tape that it is Arkansas and everybody else. Then he goes to Auburn and all the sudden he has an answer within two weeks??

He did not have an answer before the visit.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

J.A.Y.

Does Kodi have the Loyalty to Arkansas that all great Arkansas Atheletes have, and does he have the confidence that he can solidify his own legacy after Mitch, under an explovsive offensense like Gus will have him learn? 
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

blueshog2001

Is Kodi going to the Seniors camp????  Maybe he is going to Arkansas the last crack at him!! Gus will have to wine him and dine him.

blueshog2001

I believe Mitch will lay the foundation, but Kodi Will reap the benefits.  Peyton never won a NC at UT. Tee Martin came in and took all of the glory.

Atreyu

I hate to be pessimistic, but I can't see Kodi coming to Arkansas. Isn't Brandon Cox a Sr. this year? If he is, Kodi can go into Auburn, redshirt behind Cox, all the while learning the game, and start for a perennial powerhouse like Auburn for 3 or 4 years, whereas if he came to Arkansas he has to battle an All American freshman and Casey Dick. I hope we can get him, but I'm thinking he'll go to Auburn.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

blueshog2001

Cox is only a JR.  But Auburn also signed 2 QBs last year. One of them being ranked the #14 QB by Phil Steele.  Neil Caudle played for Spain Park in Hoover last year . Missed his senior year with a knee injury.  Needless to say he is a safe bet to red shirt and take over after Cox leaves. Also being rated # 14 after missing your senior year is pretty impressive.

Atreyu

I don't know much about Kodi, to be honest, except he's a scrambler. Any chance he could move to receiver?
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

blueshog2001

He has the athletic ability to play WR or DB, but he has to good of an arm to waste. The only reason he didn't put up as good of numbers last year is because his receiving corp. They dropped more balls than any New Year's Eve.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: Atreyu on July 16, 2006, 04:32:32 am
If he is, Kodi can go into Auburn, redshirt behind Cox, all the while learning the game, and start for a perennial powerhouse like Auburn for 3 or 4 years, whereas if he came to Arkansas he has to battle an All American freshman and Casey Dick. I hope we can get him, but I'm thinking he'll go to Auburn.

Perennial powerhouse?  I think that's a little bit strong for an Auburn descriptor.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

VT HOG

Kodi Burns would be smart to go to Arkansas he can sit out for a few years learn the Malzahn's system inside and out. Then in a few years Mitch will give him the keys to an offensive machine. He'll have all the weapons and be the QB of an explosive offense. All he will have to do is direct the offense for 2 years then move onto the NFL.

Porkahontas

1) After this mess in the NY newspapers involving Auburn, why would Kodi Burns want to go to a place that's about to be put on probation or have penalties imposed on them by the NCAA within the next year?

2) I don't give a darn about loyalty from a high schooler toward a hometown university. It's nice to have but I'd rather take a kid like Clint Stoerner who came to Arkansas from Texas, not growing up a Razorback fan, over most kids who grew up dreaming of "wearing that helmet" just the same. Mitch looked around. Damian and Ben both committed to Florida. We had to recruit Cobbs very hard. I don't think anybody here would shun them because they didn't have "the loyalty" from the get-go.

3) Most major universities have top QB's in the systems right now. If Mitch doesn't redshirt and Kodi Burns chose to redshirt and come to Arkansas, Mitch would be a starting junior when Burns came out as a redshirt freshmen. If Mitch goes pro early (and I know, counting chickens before they hatch but it could happen), Burns could just as easily be in line for a starting job at Arkansas his redshirt sophomore year. Any major university out there has talented QB's in line already. Stafford is at Georgia now but they QB's they've recruited the past three years aren't exactly slouches. They just need a chance to prove themselves.

Tomhog™

Kodi doesn't SEEM to have a loyalty to the Razorbacks.  He will likely end up going elsewhere.  Shoot, him and Ziemba might both end up at Auburn.  That would really SUCK!

Tomhog™

Quote from: Porkahontas on July 16, 2006, 09:20:06 am
1) After this mess in the NY newspapers involving Auburn, why would Kodi Burns want to go to a place that's about to be put on probation or have penalties imposed on them by the NCAA within the next year?

I forgot about that.  Maybe they won't be as apt to go there with the stuff that is happening there.  They might lose bowl eligibility...

HawgnDos

Quote from: Atreyu on July 16, 2006, 04:55:39 am
I don't know much about Kodi, to be honest, except he's a scrambler. Any chance he could move to receiver?
He is looking to lose that stereotype and be the pocket type passer first and runner second.  He has escapablity if it is needed but he can also throw a ball 74 yards.

Hugehogsfan

I agree Imhogginit  he sounded if he wanted to commit in the next few weeks.

mossfan3

CRAP, I knew there was something on TV I wanted to watch tonight!  Was there anything else worth mentioning on pigtrail tonight

Adam Stokes

On Kodi's myspace he has an Auburn Fan Club as his #3 friend and arkansas isn't anywhere on there.  Probably isn't much of a indication, just thought I'd throw it out.

Hogstocking

July 17, 2006, 12:10:53 pm #79 Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 12:15:57 pm by Piggy Hogstocking
Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 17, 2006, 11:41:18 am
  On Kodi's myspace he has an Auburn Fan Club as his #3 friend and arkansas isn't anywhere on there.  Probably isn't much of a indication, just thought I'd throw it out.

And the 12th man, a page devoted to all Texas A&M athletics as his #1 friend.  Clearly the aggs are out of the running.  I wouldn't worry bout it.

bigred7987

I wonder what happened with that, he loved his visit to A&M and wasn't even mentioning us and then without warning we are in along with Auburn and A&M out

Hawgballz

BigRed, help me with this, but is the friend list on myspace arranged in order by the individual or is it in order by the folks that contact you the most?  In other words, did Kodi rank the 12th man first or is that page first because it has contacted Kodi the most?  Thanks, ahead of time.  I would ask one of my daughters, but they are all gone this week.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

cbjagman

While I would really love to have Kodi "yes" the Hogs, just because he hasn't yet done so doesn't mean that he either lacks loyalty, confidence or both. I say let the "string" play out and see what the young man decides before we begin questioning any of his attributes. It's a huge decision for the young man. It is, after all, his life-not ours.

Hogstocking

The friends list (the top 8 shown in your profile) is arranged by the individual.  If the individual choses to arrange them.

I've always thought it was dumb.  It's almost like ranking your firends in order how much you like them lol.  Personally, I've never messed with mine.

bigred7987

I hate myspace with a passion and refuse to get one but sadly all of my friends have them..."the top 8" are the first 8 people you want somebody to see, you can arrange them in any order you want.  Usually people put their closest friends there or people who just moan about "not being in your top 8".  He put them there for a reason, probably just an Auburn high much like Texas A&M I believe. 

Hawgballz

Thanks to both of you.  I feel pretty good about Lee & Kodi, although D.J. Williams is the other in-stater that I would love to see lean towards the Hogs.  +1 for both

bigred7987

at one time I thought there were rumblings that DJ Williams was going to commit?  He also said in his latest rivals article its hard not to like the razorbacks being the in state team
"Living in Arkansas helps their cause because I hear about them every day,"
Seems he has made the decision to wait it out through the season to see if we use our TE as effectively as we are saying we will

Hawgballz

I think several recruits are taking a wait-and-see attitude, so if we show some positive things (i.e. wins) this year then recruiting in the future will certainly improve.  I am pumped to see the Hogs on the field, but I also have a little apprehension toward the season.

arkjay19

I think he will go to Texas A&M with the weaker BIG 12 conference.  Reggie McNeal graduated and Kodi is pretty much built just like him.  Kodi is more likely to be nationally recognized at A&M than here.

The Recruiting Guy

Kodi told me that his visit with Auburn went really well.  He also said that it has come down between Arkansas and Auburn and that he plans on visiting Arkansas this Wednesday.  Kodi will not be taking anymore visits before he commits, as far as when he will decide who he will commit to, he told me that he will probably decide in the next week or so. 

Here is my previous interview with Kodi.
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,60331.0.html

Porkahontas

Quote from: arkhog9 on July 17, 2006, 02:59:20 pm
I think he will go to Texas A&M with the weaker BIG 12 conference.  Reggie McNeal graduated and Kodi is pretty much built just like him.  Kodi is more likely to be nationally recognized at A&M than here.

17 year old Reggie McNeal = top QB out of high school and chose A&M over Arkansas.

21 year old Reggie McNeal = didn't amount to much under Dennis Franchione and RC Scrotum over the 4 seasons he played there.

Burns isn't going to improve under that coaching staff. McNeal went from being just a shade less touted than Vince Young to not being on the radar screen for the NFL draft.

Going to A&M would be a mistake for Burns. They didn't develop Reggie. They won't develop Kodi.

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

Thanks for the info.........

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

return2glory

dasheets12

i know this kid talented, and is very worthy of an sec school, but im not sure what's more important....

1. we get him b/c we need him, or

2. we get him to make a statement about our recruiting ability.

i learn further towards 2 b/c he's only a year behind mustain. if he redshirts, that gives him two years after mustain, but still, i think it would be a huge statement to get a qb of his caliber after we got arguably the #1 qb last year.

blueshog2001

That is saying Mustain for 4 yrs. Burn could end up playing his red shirt sophomore year.

big boes

dasheets12

im pretty sure mustain will stay four, i just dont see mustian putting up the #'s needed to jumo early with the rb's we have. as long as mcfadden and jones are at ark, the run will be #1. 

Tomhog™

EVERY top-notch D1 football school recruits (and typically signs) one great QB every year.  If we want Arkansas to be put on the map, we need the best QBs on campus.  What is Mitch gets hurt?  We have Dick and Johnson, sure.  But what if we had Burns that could be just as deadly as Mitch?  That would certainly be a relief to have him as a backup until he could start.  One of a team's BEST recruiting tools is the QB.  Look at how many WR's committed last year after Mustain committed to Arkansas.  Look at the O-linemen we are getting this year.  I'd like to see that kind of draw to the UA year in and year out!

Hawgballz

Quote from: Porkahontas on July 17, 2006, 03:53:56 pm
Quote from: arkhog9 on July 17, 2006, 02:59:20 pm

17 year old Reggie McNeal = top QB out of high school and chose A&M over Arkansas.

21 year old Reggie McNeal = didn't amount to much under Dennis Franchione and RC Scrotum over the 4 seasons he played there.

Burns isn't going to improve under that coaching staff. McNeal went from being just a shade less touted than Vince Young to not being on the radar screen for the NFL draft.

Going to A&M would be a mistake for Burns. They didn't develop Reggie. They won't develop Kodi.

Per Kodi he has already eliminated A&M.  He said it is between Arkansas & Auburn and he will make his decision before the season starts.