Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns talks recruiting with Hogville.net

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 01, 2006, 07:19:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 01, 2006, 07:19:01 pm Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:35:35 pm by The Recruiting Guy
Many thanks goes to Coach Henry for his help in getting to talk to Kodi. Kodi is a 6'2 190 pound QB with a gun for a arm. I talked to Kodi this afternoon.

TRG: Tell me how recruiting is going so far?

Kodi: It's going real good. My mom and dad are encouraging me and helping out with the letters.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

Kodi: I have 10 offers right now.

TRG: Any offers forthcoming?

Kodi: Yes. Looks like Ga. Tech, Florida, Tennessee and Clemson plan to offer soon.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Kodi:The summer after my sophomore year.

TRG: When do you plan to take your visits?

Kodi: I'm going to take some unofficial visits in June. I'll take my official visits during the season.

TRG: When do you plan to make your decision?

Kodi: I'll make my decision during the season or near the end.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Kodi: Coach Malzahn.

TRG: How often do you talk to Coach Malzahn?

Kodi: Once a week. 

TRG: Your thoughts on Coach Malzahn?

Kodi: He's real smart and has so much knowledge. I really liked the fact that he and Coach Nutt and Coach Woods all came down recently to see me. He made it clear that I was their number one QB.

TRG: Will you make any camps this summer?

Kodi: I have no plans to make any school camps. I recently attended the EA Sports Elite QB camp in Atlanta.

TRG: What's it like being mentioned as one of the top QB's in the country?

Kodi: Real good. I just try and stay humble about it.

TRG: Tell me your 40 time and bench?

Kodi: My forty time is 4.49 and I bench 245.

TRG: What do you plan to work on this summer?

Kodi: I plan to throw a lot and work on my accuracy.

TRG: What do you plan to study in college?

Kodi: I want to go in to sports medicine or coaching.

Kodi is open minded in his recruiting. In talking to Kodi I can tell he respects his parents and relies on them but at the same time he knows they will respect his decision where ever he may go. Kodi is a very sharp and respectful young man. I wish him the best in his decision.

Working on getting tape of Kodi.

Hogstocking

+1 TRG

Good interview  :razorback:

I really hope we get him. 

Lanny

Thanks for the interview.  Enjoyed it and hopefully Kodi wil make some fans happy on his decision.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

GrizzledHogFan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hogsrock

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on June 01, 2006, 07:19:01 pm
Many thanks goes to Coach Henry for his help in getting to talk to Kodi. Kodi is a 6'2 190 pound QB with a gun for a arm. I talked to Kodi this afternoon.

Kodi: It's going real good. My mom and dad are encouraging me and helping out with the letters.

Kodi: Yes. Looks like Ga. Tech, Florida, Tennessee and Clemson plan to offer soon.

Kodi: I'm going to take some unofficial visits in June. I'll take my official visits during the season.

Kodi: He's real smart and has so much knowledge. I really liked the fact that he and Coach Nutt and Coach Woods all came down recently to see me. He made it clear that I was their number one QB.

Kodi: I have no plans to make any school camps. I recently attended the EA Sports Elite QB camp in Atlanta.

Kodi is open minded in his recruiting. In talking to Kodi I can tell he respects his parents and relies on them but at the same time he knows they will respect his decision where ever he may go. Kodi is a very sharp and respectful young man. I wish him the best in his decision.

Did you ask if he had a favorite?
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

Tomhog™

Good thing that Kodi knows the name of the coach recruiting him.  That's been a problem with some of the guys TRG has interviewed.  Hopefully, getting in on him first and hard will sell him on the Hogs...

The Pulse

I really see Malzahn as being an outstanding recruiter. It seems like he's done this for years. That's really impresive for a coach comming out of Highschool.

Lanny

Quote from: Tomcat on June 01, 2006, 08:20:29 pm
Good thing that Kodi knows the name of the coach recruiting him.  That's been a problem with some of the guys TRG has interviewed.  Hopefully, getting in on him first and hard will sell him on the Hogs...

I shouldn't laugh but that was hilarious.
Good thing that Kodi knows the name of the coach recruiting him.  That's been a problem with some of the guys TRG has interviewed
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

sitting out

I have to tell you TRG your interviews have become one of my favorite reads on Hogville. Good, solid questions, yet easy for the recruits to answer while providing us Hog fans with valuable insights into the recruiting process. I'm used to getting my information from Otis and he is not as accurate in his interview descriptions ("I think he has 3 or maybe 8 offers", the Hogs will evaluate 1000 kids or maybe 500 during a recruiting season") or as reliable as you seem to be.

When are we going to hear from Ziemba?

Hugehogsfan

Well I would think hSv that Coach Malazan is more memorable than some of them up there.  I could see that the ones being recruited by GM, RH, and AW are probably impressed with our coaches. 

hogman64

Thanks .. great contribution to hogville.........

pioneerhog

These interview just keep getting better and better. Thanks again TRG, your insight on this board is priceless.

ConwayHog

I still remember when Kodi was walking at four years old following his brothers around.  I knew his father a little bit but never met his mom.  Good folks from what I know.

thahawg

TulsaHogFan

I remember the Springdale game they kept saying he was a threat to run it too.

Also the recievers that night let him down big time.

There were 8 or 9 balls that hit recievers dead in the hands or in the chest that got dropped.

Me, pseudo, and olesnort all realized that.  It was disappointing, if the recievers had held onto the ball that game would have been a lot closer. 

Got to talk to Ben Clevland that night too.

He is a great all around kid and olesnort went right into recruiting mode trying to convince him to sway back to Arkansas lol.

Great night. This year hopefully we will get to talk more to Kodi. Seems like an awesome kid.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: hogsrock on June 01, 2006, 08:07:22 pm
Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on June 01, 2006, 07:19:01 pm

Did you ask if he had a favorite?

Didn't ask. It's so early in the recruiting process. I have asked some of the kids but their real low key on saying anything like that. They might very well have a favorite but they tend to keep that private for right now.

Flatline

I know Kodi and have been fortunate to be around the young man since his sophomore year.  He is a very polite and sharp young man.  I have watched him do things that reminded me of Matt Jones at Northside except with a cannon.  If you could get the game film from the Bryant came in the playoffs his sophomore year that would be great.  I was on the sidelines that game and he was the man that night.  Kodi was not even considering Arkansas this time last year but since the coaching changes he is now looking at us again.

IndiosHeadCoachGreenfro

I hope we get Kodi. cuz he is so freakin athletic that it aint even funny. and im glad we decided to make him our number 1 QB of da 2007 recruitin class. i hope we get him

cbjagman

It appears to me that every kid who is being recruited by Gus clearly remembers who it is that is recruiting him from the U of A. From what I've gleaned in past years the U of A contact hasn't always made such an impression. I wonder if there isn't a message in there somewhere.   

39/4Life

BigPapaHawg

Great interview, I really hope we can get Kodi!
WOO PIG

WichitaStateRazorback

RazorHawg16

He played up two years for kimmons and owned us in basketball. He had 20+ points both games.

sowsmilk

The_Bionic_Pig

I think his parents will be attending his older brothers final game at Arkansas St.  and with Ziemba not being able to go due to the playoffs he will be making this trip alone.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hugehogsfan

Well that can't be good for Auburn.  I mean I would want my parents to help me make a decision if I was that age.  AND with Lee not going, wow could spell good news for us.  Eh Stewie?

Hawgballz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 08, 2006, 11:13:43 am
I think his parents will be attending his older brothers final game at Arkansas St.  and with Ziemba not being able to go due to the playoffs he will be making this trip alone.

Yes, his parents will be at ASU, so I wonder how fun the trip will be without any good friends or parents to share it with.  It could go either way.  
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!