Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broderick Green commits to USC

Started by MBHog, March 31, 2006, 11:10:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pseudorabies

Quote from: Kilgor on May 01, 2006, 10:34:50 pm
I'd like to see where HDN is quoted as saying that we will not pursue Green.

Look no further than what Otis is saying about him.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2006, 12:14:26 pm
Its not gonna stick...he reminds me a lot of Mallet both seem in a rush to committ to someone, due to the recruiting pressure they feel on them.  I get the feeling Green will end up on the Hill and Mallet will committ to someone before summer - de-committ during the fall and then add more schools before signing day.  ;)

I agree.  There's no use getting bent out of shape at this point.  If there's one thing everyone should've learned from the 2006 recruiting class, it's that the recruiting season isn't over until the ink is dry on the LOI.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

Swino

Quote from: Kilgor on May 01, 2006, 10:34:50 pm
I'd like to see where HDN is quoted as saying that we will not pursue Green.
Did you see quotation marks?  I didn't get this from a newsrag. 

killamon

what are yall talking about???  Arkansas has not stopped recruiting this kid....thats a fact.....whoever said HDN has stopped recruiting this kid is an idiot, plain and simple...

Swino

killamon

swino, thats BS.....green is still being recruited and dont be surprised if he makes one of our camps....if not, he'll for sure be on an official visit.....this kids recruiting is far from over.....

return2glory

Quote from: killamon on May 02, 2006, 01:24:33 pm
swino, thats BS.....green is still being recruited and dont be surprised if he makes one of our camps....if not, he'll for sure be on an official visit.....this kids recruiting is far from over.....

I sure hope you are right. Out of curiosity, where are you hearing that he is or is not being recruited to the Hill. I am a big fan of this kid and hope that we can secure his services.

Swino

First, just look to Otis.  He tells you what Houston's attitude is towards recruits.

Second, I will back off my statement a little bit.  Houston will not spend any effort in recruiting Green.  He may still be getting some crappy letters and such, but he has let it be known that they are not going to waste any effort on the kid, which makes my stomach turn. 

(Translation:  Houston is scared to go up against the big boys)

Sources are sources, I trust this info to be correct.

Can this change?  Yep.  Depending somewhat on fans reactions to this and, most importantly,  whether or not Jimmy L. and Frankie B. tell him to change his mind.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Swino on May 02, 2006, 02:08:02 pm
First, just look to Otis.  He tells you what Houston's attitude is towards recruits.

Second, I will back off my statement a little bit.  Houston will not spend any effort in recruiting Green.  He may still be getting some crappy letters and such, but he has let it be known that they are not going to waste any effort on the kid, which makes my stomach turn. 

(Translation:  Houston is scared to go up against the big boys)

Sources are sources, I trust this info to be correct.

Can this change?  Yep.  Depending somewhat on fans reactions to this and, most importantly,  whether or not Jimmy L. and Frankie B. tell him to change his mind.

That would really hurt considering Broderick plays in Houston Nutts backyard of Little Rock...

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

navyhog24

hdn will keep going after him. but if green doesn't go to any of the camps, then that will be a big sign if he is still interested in the hogs or not. if he shows up, then you can bet ur bottom dollar that the hogs will still be recruiting him till he signs on that LOI next february

Hogstocking

May 03, 2006, 05:15:51 am #60 Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 05:21:46 am by Piggy Hogstocking
If they have stopped recruiting Green, then why not yank his offer ala Slick Shelley.  If they're giving up on him, it makes no sense to keep the offer on the table.  On rivals, it still shows him having one. 

Also, on rivals it shows Green as one of Danny's targets. 

zwhogfan

We should keep going after him because like this past year showed, nothing is set in stone until that LOI is signed in February.

Swino

Pulling the offer of a kid committed to USC, a program that has played or won the NC for the past 3 years, would be PR hell.  Even HDN isn't that dumb. 

TulsaHawg

Hugehogsfan

Look this kid has an offer and it will come out in the end that he committed to USC because they pressured him to do it early.  That doesn't mean that he will sign with them.  To say that we are going to stop recruiting this kid is ludicrous and is completely wrong. 

Swino

May 03, 2006, 10:50:54 am #65 Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 10:57:49 am by Swino
Quote from: Hugehogsfan on May 03, 2006, 10:48:33 am
Look this kid has an offer and it will come out in the end that he committed to USC because they pressured him to do it early.  That doesn't mean that he will sign with them.  To say that we are going to stop recruiting this kid is ludicrous and is completely wrong. 

Believe what you want to.  I'll let you know if anything changes.

hoggin das

Now that the NCAA is probably about to start snooping around USC, the commit might get softer.

Swino

Quote from: hoggin das on May 03, 2006, 11:06:50 am
Now that the NCAA is probably about to start snooping around USC, the commit might get softer.

Please expound on your thought process here.

Hogstocking

Quote from: Swino on May 03, 2006, 07:57:09 am
Pulling the offer of a kid committed to USC, a program that has played or won the NC for the past 3 years, would be PR hell.  Even HDN isn't that dumb. 

But yet, he's dumb enough to "stop recruiting" Green.  Uh, ok?

Even if HDN "has stopped" recruiting Green, it doesn't mean the rest of the staff did too, most noteably Danny. 

The_Bionic_Pig

With Brandon Barnett already in the fold 07' Class I know they are now persue-ing Nathan Dicks Teamate Charles Opeseyitan  5'11 205lbs w/ 4.42 and he has gotten eight scholarship offers in just over two weeks after his dominant performance at Nike Camp.  I think the coaches are thinking package deal here (I am not saying this has anything to do with Green) but Nathan + Kodi = ends QB recruting / Barnett + Opeseyitan = ends RB recruiting with Smith, MacFadden & Jones already on the roster.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogstocking

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 03, 2006, 05:24:00 pm
With Brandon Barnett already in the fold 07' Class I know they are now persue-ing Nathan Dicks Teamate Charles Opeseyitan  5'11 205lbs w/ 4.42 and he has gotten eight scholarship offers in just over two weeks after his dominant performance at Nike Camp.  I think the coaches are thinking package deal here (I am not saying this has anything to do with Green) but Nathan + Kodi = ends QB recruting / Barnett + Opeseyitan = ends RB recruiting with Smith, MacFadden & Jones already on the roster.

Dick and Opeseyitan haven't been offered though.  Burns and Green have.  That should tell you who's numero uno on the QB and RB wish list.

Us striking out on Burns is the only way we offer Nathan in my opinion..

tophawg19

no nathan is drawing major intrest after some good showings especially at TEXAS A&M's camp . he is a very good QB prospect .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TulsaHawg

Both Nathan and Charles O are both stud-looking football players.  O also runs track.  Hope we land both of them.

Last year Nathan was something like 18 of 20 in one game, and like 21 of 23 in another,

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on May 03, 2006, 05:35:46 pm

Dick and Opeseyitan haven't been offered though.  Burns and Green have.  That should tell you who's numero uno on the QB and RB wish list.

They will be given top priority  HDN's camp I promise you.  3 Big12 Schools and 2 Big10 schools have offered already.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogstocking

Quote from: tophawg19 on May 03, 2006, 05:44:26 pm
no nathan is drawing major intrest after some good showings especially at TEXAS A&M's camp . he is a very good QB prospect .

I understand that.  But the staff isn't going to move in on Nathan (offer) until- they know what Burns is gonna do, or if Burns decides to announce in late December - January.  He is the #1 QB prospect. 

It's no secret Nathan has strong interest in the hogs.  Why haven't they offered.

Hogstocking

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 03, 2006, 06:05:12 pm
Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on May 03, 2006, 05:35:46 pm

They will be given top priority  HDN's camp I promise you.  3 Big12 Schools and 2 Big10 schools have offered already.

Iowa Indiana - Big ten.  Kansas, kansas state, and Okie State - Big 12

I know the 2 new schools that offered him Monday too.  Do you?

Hogstocking

Intersting topic on the razors edge pertaining to this topic.  ;)

BigoBoys

He was on KNWA tonight and said that "he is not sure anymore" about USC. 

thahawg

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 07:44:08 pm
He was on KNWA tonight and said that "he is not sure anymore" about USC. 

I guess that would put him at a soft verbal.

BigoBoys

The boys in central Arkansas need to get on this guy. 

rricha

if nathan comes you will have 2 dicks on the bench.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Piggy Hogstocking on May 03, 2006, 06:13:45 pm
Intersting topic on the razors edge pertaining to this topic.  ;)

interesting and razor's edge shouldn't be uttered in the same sentence

Swino

Things do change quickly, as a matter of fact they changed in the last 48hrs.   

Cresthog

Quote from: Swino on May 04, 2006, 07:52:29 am

Enlighten us please

Swino

Quote from: Cresthog on May 04, 2006, 08:16:52 am

Enlighten us please

I will when I learn more.  For right now, Houston's mouth piece Otis caused some major damage when Houston gave him the go ahead to slam BG. 

Nutt is the worst recruiter in the SEC.

bigred7987

easiest way to solve this is to have Otis apologize himself and saying it was a personal opinion and not motivated by anyone...even if it was tell the kid that. 

killamon

Broderick just said  ...."i'm not solid on USC after this weekend and arkansas is not out of the picture"......

i guess you were way off swino, just accept that you were wrong.......do start backpedaling now...

killamon

pseudorabies

pseudorabies

Quote from: killamon on May 04, 2006, 12:32:47 pm
Broderick just said  ...."i'm not solid on USC after this weekend and arkansas is not out of the picture"......

i guess you were way off swino, just accept that you were wrong.......do start backpedaling now...

He wasn't wrong.

killamon

how is he not wrong???...he said Nutt was not recruiting BG anymore......problem with that is AR never stopped recruiting him.....and that's why BG just said we are not out of the picture yet....

killamon

umm....who's wrong???

killamon

Quote from: Swino on May 01, 2006, 03:36:27 pm
Yes, according to nutt, we will not spend anymore time recruiting him.

Defies logic, doesn't it?

and now we're in the picture and this statement was made just 3 days ago

sage_dragoon

Quote from: rricha on May 03, 2006, 10:46:16 pm
if nathan comes you will have 2 dicks on the bench.

So what, we have more than enough dicks on this board.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Swino

Quote from: killamon on May 04, 2006, 01:19:45 pm
Quote from: Swino on May 01, 2006, 03:36:27 pm
Yes, according to nutt, we will not spend anymore time recruiting him.

Defies logic, doesn't it?

and now we're in the picture and this statement was made just 3 days ago

That is correct, DA.  We are in it because he lives in Arkansas and his brother is transferring to the U of A, not because Houston Nutt has been recruiting him hard.  This is thing is fluid, (that means it changes constantly).  As it changes, I will let you know.  If I want to know what isn't happening, I will read your worthless posts.

pseudorabies

Quote from: killamon on May 04, 2006, 01:16:50 pm
how is he not wrong???...he said Nutt was not recruiting BG anymore......problem with that is AR never stopped recruiting him.....and that's why BG just said we are not out of the picture yet....

Just to let you know, Nutt wasn't recruiting this kid to begin with.  Certain people who knew about him went above and beyond reasonable efforts to turn our coaching staff onto this kid.  He had several offers before Arkansas got around to offering him.

RAZORBART

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 01, 2006, 01:35:55 am
Quote from: Pig Pumper on April 01, 2006, 12:43:20 am
Quote from: 3kgthog on April 01, 2006, 12:09:51 am
I'm sure he's good, but he probably would've been sitting for awhile if he were a Hog. That's just the reality of how good Jones and McFadden are. We also can't forget Michael Smith who a lot of people are high on.

you can never have too many runningbacks.

don't forget:  by the time this kid would have been on campus, McFadden and Jones would be juniors.

don't tell  me we didn't need him.

:puke:

Can someone tell me who we have in the backfield besides McFadden, Jones, and Smith?  If one of those guys goes down with an injury...will we only have the other two?  That isn't very many in the SEC...and with Gus' scheme.  Besides, if McFadden is the back that we all believe him to be...he may not be playing here after his Jr. year anyway.

Yes, we really did need Green.

Ahem !!!!! payton Hillis ring any bells ?

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: RAZORBART on May 09, 2006, 10:16:58 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on April 01, 2006, 01:35:55 am
Quote from: Pig Pumper on April 01, 2006, 12:43:20 am
Quote from: 3kgthog on April 01, 2006, 12:09:51 am
I'm sure he's good, but he probably would've been sitting for awhile if he were a Hog. That's just the reality of how good Jones and McFadden are. We also can't forget Michael Smith who a lot of people are high on.

you can never have too many runningbacks.

don't forget:  by the time this kid would have been on campus, McFadden and Jones would be juniors.

don't tell  me we didn't need him.

:puke:

Can someone tell me who we have in the backfield besides McFadden, Jones, and Smith?  If one of those guys goes down with an injury...will we only have the other two?  That isn't very many in the SEC...and with Gus' scheme.  Besides, if McFadden is the back that we all believe him to be...he may not be playing here after his Jr. year anyway.

Yes, we really did need Green.

Ahem !!!!! payton Hillis ring any bells ?

oops.
Retired Radio Host

mccurdy

Corkscrew Johnson

2 dicks?  well, at least my ex-girlfriend would be happy.