Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broderick Green's Committment is Questionable

Started by BigoBoys, May 03, 2006, 09:14:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigoBoys

He said on KNWA tonight that "he is not sure anymore".  Hog fans need to get on this guy.  Looks like a stud.  USC world is crumbling.  They will be vulnerable in September!

brichte

BigoBoys

Stud RB from LR that committed early to USC. 

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 09:14:53 pm
He said on KNWA tonight that "he is not sure anymore".  Hog fans need to get on this guy.  Looks like a stud.  USC world is crumbling.  They will be vulnerable in September!

kinda reading a lot into that, aren't ya?

BigoBoys

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 09:23:27 pm

Why shouldn't we?  The things that USC is facing in the next few years, could mean lots of problems.  "The Investigation" 

J.A.Y.

This is an instance where we need to act now, Nutt is going against a major force and he needs to show that nobody can come in and take our AR players.

If he doesnt Gus and Alex need to.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

J.A.Y.

By the way I haven't been on in a while, What happened to Karma points?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Porkahontas

Quote from: jayloot on May 03, 2006, 09:40:23 pm

They were traded to Pignation for two cases of Milwaukee's Best and some Ten High.

CiriusPorker

Richard_white

May 03, 2006, 09:51:24 pm #9 Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 09:53:52 pm by BD 07
Quote from: usarmyhogfan on May 03, 2006, 09:49:37 pm
Quote from: Porkahontas on May 03, 2006, 09:45:46 pm
Quote from: jayloot on May 03, 2006, 09:40:23 pm

They were traded to Pignation for two cases of Milwaukee's Best and some Ten High.

I thought there was a case of Mad Dog 20-20 in that deal somewhere too.

There is nothing worse than getting drunk off of Mad Dog 20/20. 

Porkahontas

Quote from: BD 07 on May 03, 2006, 09:51:24 pm
There is nothing worse than getting drunk off of Mad Dog 20-20. 

Yes there is.

That's waking up with a hangover from Mad Dog 20-20.

An IM from one of the mods over there confirms that Skip jacked all the Mad Dog 20-20 for his own damn self, so no, no Mad Dog was in the trade.

BigoBoys

Mad Dog doesn't cause headaches, it causes violent sickness(at least it did with me).  I was too sick to have a headache. 

Porkahontas

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 09:58:48 pm
Mad Dog doesn't cause headaches, it causes violent sickness(at least it did with me).  I was too sick to have a headache. 

Hangover = massive hurling.

Head hurt in part of the liquor, part from the chunk blowing.

TulsaHogFan

I don't expect Green to be seriously considering us.  I could be very wrong, but after the crap that Otis wrote about him after HDN felt we lost him to USC, it would shock the living crap out of me to see him sign with the Hogs.

BigoBoys

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on May 03, 2006, 10:03:59 pm
I don't expect Green to be seriously considering us.  I could be very wrong, but after the crap that Otis wrote about him after HDN felt we lost him to USC, it would shock the living crap out of me to see him sign with the Hogs.
What did Otis write?

thahawg

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 10:05:27 pm
What did Otis write?

I will have to have someone grab the quotes for me.  I believe someone is already on it.  But i heard it was not very flattering and pretty much dogged the kid saying all kinds of problems exist. 

thahawg

If we can get his brother on the hill our chances will increase immensely.

Richard_white

May 03, 2006, 10:12:51 pm #18 Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 10:15:03 pm by BD 07
Quote from: Hogmania on May 03, 2006, 10:07:33 pm

If I were Butch the first thing I would do as coach would be to ban Otis from any football game, practice or talking to any player or coach.

LOL  What makes you think Butch is coming to the Hill next year.

The Pulse

It would be a miracle to land him with the way he didn't miss a beat in comiting to USC. But i gues stranger things have happend on the recruting trails.

pseudorabies

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on May 03, 2006, 10:08:13 pm
What did Otis write?

I will have to have someone grab the quotes for me.  I believe someone is already on it.  But i heard it was not very flattering and pretty much dogged the kid saying all kinds of problems exist.

I don't think he said that there were problems with him but when someone quoted one of the main recruiting guys for rivals about Broderick being in the Rivals top 100 somewhere between 20 and 40, Otis said that he should go and start flipping burgers instead of working for Rivals if that is what they are saying.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: pseudorabies on May 03, 2006, 10:14:02 pm
What did Otis write?

I don't think he said that there were problems with him but when someone quoted one of the main recruiting guys for rivals about Broderick being in the Rivals top 100 somewhere between 20 and 40, Otis said that he should go and start flipping burgers instead of working for Rivals if that is what they are saying.

Thank you for correcting me.

Thats what Otis said.....

BigoBoys

Quote from: thahawg on May 03, 2006, 10:12:16 pm
Who is his brother?

thahawg

Stephen Green, signed to play cornerback out of high school with UNC, but transferred to UCA this last school year. He is considering walking on.

DT

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 10:16:05 pm
Who is his brother?

Stephen Green. Played FS and RB for PA when they won state in 2003. Went to UNC, now is at UCA.

Lanny

Quote from: DT on May 03, 2006, 10:18:31 pm
Who is his brother?

Stephen Green. Played FS and RB for PA when they won state in 2003. Went to UNC, now is at UCA.

Welcome stranger, glad to see you leave FearlessFriday for a few minutes.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BigoBoys

Get him!  We got the Springdale boys we can get them. 

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 10:21:59 pm

Its fighting an uphill battle when your own recruiting expert is telling everyone that he is no where near a top 20 back in the country after he commits to a program which won a NC a few years ago.

But you know that Pete Carroll.  That guy is always going for the "project" and "reaching" recruits. 

DT

Quote from: hSv on May 03, 2006, 10:21:24 pm
Quote from: DT on May 03, 2006, 10:18:31 pm
Who is his brother?

Welcome stranger, glad to see you leave FearlessFriday for a few minutes.

I know more Razorbacks than Bruins these days, so I don't wonder over to FF to often these days.

The Pulse

I think our best shot at him would be if his indecision would continue until the start of the season when we play them. If we beat them, and he was watching as im sure he will--or better yet..if he's actually there and gets to see how awesome the atmosphere is and we beat the snot out of them..that may help us out a little!

BigoBoys

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on May 03, 2006, 10:23:55 pm
Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 10:21:59 pm

Its fighting an uphill battle when your own recruiting expert is telling everyone that he is no where near a top 20 back in the country after he commits to a program which won a NC a few years ago.

But you know that Pete Carroll.  That guy is always going for the "project" and "reaching" recruits. 
EXPERTS!  They're a dime a dozen.  Mostly self-appointed.  I just saw his interview again.  He WANTS to be a Hog!  The "Mitch factor is in play. 

mikeirwin

HSV tells me the kid can catch the football. If he can do that, sign him up (although the last I heard he was supposed to be too slow..did he get faster after he wavered on his USC verbal ?).

zwhogfan

We should go after him hard. Hillis will be a senior next season and with his size, Green could play a key role as a FB in Gus' offense, getting some carries and splitting out as a reciever. He could be a versatile player that also would give us a good option in short yardage situations. I hope we can sign the kid if he is wavering in his commitment to USC.

BigoBoys

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 03, 2006, 10:36:28 pm
HSV tells me the kid can catch the football. If he can do that, sign him up (although the last I heard he was supposed to be too slow..did he get faster after he wavered on his USC verbal ?).
That is weird.  Why would USC go after him if he was too slow? 

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 09:26:43 pm

Why shouldn't we?  The things that USC is facing in the next few years, could mean lots of problems.  "The Investigation" 

That's all well and good but it doesn't really matter from a hog fan's perspective, as Arkansas won't be playing the condoms in the next few years, they will be playing a team this season loaded with bigtime recruits that will have circled the wagons and are hungry to prove that those who feel their "world is crumbling" are full of it. Don't discount Petey's ability to turn this adversity into a positive. Nutt  isn't the only one who has a "reputation" as a motivator

That being said, I hope that Green does waver and somehow signs with the hogs. This guy could project at another position when its all said n' done

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 10:45:52 pm

Because he wasn't considering arkansas, that's why

BigoBoys

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 10:47:20 pm

That's all well and good but it doesn't really matter from a hog fan's perspective, as Arkansas won't be playing the condoms in the next few years, they will be playing a team this season loaded with bigtime recruits that will have circled the wagons and are hungry to prove that those who feel their "world is crumbling" are full of it. Don't discount Petey's ability to turn this adversity into a positive. Nutt  isn't the only one who has a "reputation" as a motivator

That being said, I hope that Green does waver and somehow signs with the hogs. This guy could project at another position when its all said n' done

BigoBoys

That's all well and good but it doesn't really matter from a hog fan's perspective, as Arkansas won't be playing the condoms in the next few years, they will be playing a team this season loaded with bigtime recruits that will have circled the wagons and are hungry to prove that those who feel their "world is crumbling" are full of it. Don't discount Petey's ability to turn this adversity into a positive.   
Sounds like a closet USC fan. 

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 10:51:52 pm

That's all well and good but it doesn't really matter from a hog fan's perspective, as Arkansas won't be playing the condoms in the next few years, they will be playing a team this season loaded with bigtime recruits that will have circled the wagons and are hungry to prove that those who feel their "world is crumbling" are full of it. Don't discount Petey's ability to turn this adversity into a positive.   

The "your not a true fan" spiel?

weak

just sayin'

BigoBoys

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 11:02:05 pm

weak

just sayin'
Didn't make that arguement, but it seems like you're supportive of USC. 

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 11:04:26 pm

weak

just sayin'

I'm not, but I also do not choose to delude myself. That is a personal decision, do as you will

BigoBoys

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 11:12:29 pm

weak

just sayin'

I'm not, but I also do not choose to delude myself. That is a personal decision, do as you will
Seems like everything about you speaks to the Republic of California.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 10:48:54 pm

Or maybe he's not too slow.

BigoBoys

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 03, 2006, 11:15:23 pm

EXACTLY!

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: BigoBoys on May 03, 2006, 11:14:02 pm
Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on May 03, 2006, 11:12:29 pm

weak

just sayin'

Seems like everything about you speaks to the Republic of California.

I'm from there, why wouldn't it? The state is very large you know, I have plenty of dislike for those of the socal variety

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 03, 2006, 11:15:23 pm

precisely

10thPlanet

10thPlanet

May 04, 2006, 07:13:17 am #47 Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 11:27:57 am by dkwvike
What did Otis write?

I'm posting like I drank MM 20/20 all night. Sorry. Dang MD , not MM!

10thPlanet

Quote from: dkwvike on May 04, 2006, 07:13:17 am
What did Otis write?

Now why would Otis all of a sudden start worrying about all KINDS of  Recruiting Problems, he hasn't seemed to be bothered by it any other time.

MJ2

If he's from LR and Nutt wants him, he'll get him.