Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else have issues with the Mizzu fans?

Started by BigSexyHog, January 02, 2008, 10:51:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

I did.  I had the pleasure of sitting on the Mizzu side of the field in sec 23 and they were all pretty much a bunch of jackarses.  The guy in front of me was pretty cool, but he left in the 4th cause his wife and little girl were ready to head home.  Also to top it off I was seated next to 2 Longhorn fans decked out in their orange colors ( they were actually pretty cool guys ), but it just made the day that much better....

I respect the Mizzu team, but the fans can go to hel! for all I care.  Bunch of classless people.  Had 2 teenage girls saying beat AR-kansaw all day with daddy blessings.  I turned to them and said I am glad the Missour-I education is paying off.  Daddy didn't like that to much.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

txkrazorback

I actually saw a LOT of longhorn and TTech people there.
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: BigSexyHog on January 02, 2008, 10:51:32 am
I did.  I had the pleasure of sitting on the Mizzu side of the field in sec 23 and they were all pretty much a bunch of jackarses.  The guy in front of me was pretty cool, but he left in the 4th cause his wife and little girl were ready to head home.  Also to top it off I was seated next to 2 Longhorn fans decked out in their orange colors ( they were actually pretty cool guys ), but it just made the day that much better....

I respect the Mizzu team, but the fans can go to hel! for all I care.  Bunch of classless people.  Had 2 teenage girls saying beat AR-kansaw all day with daddy blessings.  I turned to them and said I am glad the Missour-I education is paying off.  Daddy didn't like that to much.

You were offended by Missouri fans, and two FEMALE teenagers, who had to audacity to cheer...gasp!...beat Arkansas?!

Yeah, how classless of them.

Cripes...

hogdiggity

I was on the Ark side, there were a few Mizzou folks there, they were very quiet and respectful.  The Mizzou folks I met at my hotel were great, not one bad story to tell with those guys.

Sir Kam of Luap

Quote from: The Restless Native on January 02, 2008, 10:57:09 am
No, not at all. 

Have you ever sat around a group of Hog fans?  Yeah, not the friendliest to other fans.  Afterall, it was an Arkansas fan who punched a Texas Longhorn Tuba player in the early 70's and Hog fans who set fire to an Auburn van a few years back.

Hey, the Mizzou fans did not boo when our team took the field after halftime...but Hog fans booed when Mizzou came out after halftime.  We have to worry about improving our image before we obsess on the fans of otehr teams.  I had no problems with any Mizzou fans at the Cotton OR the Independance Bowls.  IN fact, they tailgated with us at the Independance Bowl and had a great time!

Maybe BigSexy needs to wear his Hog gear to the LSU game next year, and then come back squealing about how he misses those two teenagers chanting beat Arkansas with an empty bottle of Wild Turkey stuck in his skull.

Sir Squeal-A-Lot

new years eve, we had several Mizzou fans come up to us and wish us good luck and a good game! all the Mizzou fans at our hotel were cool, we even all sat around and ate hotel breakfast together, laughing and talkin about DMac & Chase!
at the game, on the SEC side (section 102), we had some Mizzou fans that brought signs, not once did they even put em in the air! told us they didn't want to block our view! I thought that was very kind of them! and we all know, THEY had plenty of oppertunity to throw signs in the air for their team!

now, with all that said, on our way to Dallas (I 30) we did get a thumbs down from some Longhorn fans!
we smiled and gave them a thumbs up!

all in all, a great trip, except the losing part!
beating the yellow laundry on the field seems to be a common practice in the SEC!!!

dragonfan

i found most fans were easy to get along with until you threw in a little alcohol and they got a little carried away........wait that might have been me that got carried away

OnYourToes

Relax about Mizzou fans.  They are used to being indoors watching basketball, they have to be louder to compensate for the outdoor facilities.  ;)
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

GolfnHog

I've found thru the years that those folks that have people skills usually don't have issues with the other teams' fans. Alcohol does play a small part but generally, I've always had good expriences with the opposing fans by just taking the lead in the conversation by wishing them well, smiling and taking a brief minute to visit. And I've been to every SEC venue w/ the exception of Georgia. Win or lose after a game, find the 1st fan you see from the other side, pat them on the shoulder, congratulate or console and they'll always hold the Hogs & the fans  in a higher regard.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

nealeb

Actually, it sounds like you are the jacka$$ or maybe just a sore loser.  What you said to the teenagers was immature and typical of a "fan" that takes football way to seriously. 
Instead of b!tching about Mizzou fans, what you should be doing is celebrating the depature of David Lee.  He is just flat out terrible!

pikehog

January 02, 2008, 11:32:54 am #10 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 11:35:21 am by pikehog
No, not at all. 

Have you ever sat around a group of Hog fans?  Yeah, not the friendliest to other fans.  Afterall, it was an Arkansas fan who punched a Texas Longhorn Tuba player in the early 70's and Hog fans who set fire to an Auburn van a few years back.

Hey, the Mizzou fans did not boo when our team took the field after halftime...but Hog fans booed when Mizzou came out after halftime.  We have to worry about improving our image before we obsess on the fans of otehr teams.  I had no problems with any Mizzou fans at the Cotton OR the Independance Bowls.  IN fact, they tailgated with us at the Independance Bowl and had a great time!

Yes Mizzou did boo the hogs, at least those in the end zone by the tunnel did, but hell that happens everywhere.

The fans I was around were pretty cool and cheered for their team, just like they should have. There was not any trash talking at all.

arklahoman36

Sounds like the jackarse in your section was you.

Mick Hogger

The only fans I had problems with were the Texas fans driving back down I-30. Had plenty of upside down horns for them when they stuck their hands out of their windows when we passed.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

dragonfan

lol i bet this guy was looking for sympathy when he made this thread my how the tables can turn when you pick on teenage girls

Cale

I didn't have any problems with the ones I was sitting around. the guy sitting behind me sat and talked football with me all game, and we pointed out stuff about eachother's teams that the other didn't know.
I officially saw people sporting stuff from the following teams:
Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Auburn (who yes did scream wareagle)
Texas Tech
Texas A&M
LSU
Florida
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

webbgem

It doesn't matter what school it is, there are going to be fans that are arrogant and a pain to be around, and then there are fans that make the game more enjoyable.  This is a fact of college athletics, whether it be Saginaw Valley State or Arkansas or LSU, etc.
Matthew 6:34

SLC

I sat in the Mizzou section and had a good time with the fans.  I like the gamesmanship, but I do try to tone it down.  I consider the teasing back and forth between the fans to be fun, as long as it does not get ugly.  I actually asked the Mizzou fans about their history, where the MIZ - ZOU cheer came from (none of them knew), I asked them how they liked Mike A., the ones I was around had no idea he spent 17 years at AR. 
The Mizzou fans would do the MIZ - ZOU cheer and I would echo w/ Z O Who???  They would say something funny back.  Good Times. 

When I left I congratulated them on a good win and a good team.  One older gentleman (who actually sat quitly most of the game and I suspect was irritated at the Hog fans and the Hog calls by the looks he gave us) smiled and said thank you neighbor. 

I did think it very funny that all the Mizzou fans were very visible the days before the bowl game b/c they wore their Mizzou gear everywhere all the time.  It was like they forgot to bring any other clothes....  As I said earlier, it was kinda cute until they destroyed us. 

W/ the girls mispelling Arkansas, I would have replied that it was said, not only can they not spell or pronounce Arkansas, hell they cannot spell Missouri.  There is not a "z" in Missouri.   Or you could have said, it was nice of Silver Dollar City to let them out for a vacation.  Plenty of things you can say, just say it with a smile.   
Here is why the young girls are fair game.  My children do not talk to adults in that manner, nor shall they.  If they do, they will be quickly and efficiently disciplined.  When my kids are teenagers, they will be "yes sir", "no sir", and "thank you sir" kids.  My three year old almost has this down, at least until she starts playing and forgets.  If a parent is willing to let their kids mouth off at adults, the kids and parents are fair game.  If "Daddy" does not like it, TS. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

SLC

Quote from: dragonfan on January 02, 2008, 11:43:01 am
lol i bet this guy was looking for sympathy when he made this thread my how the tables can turn when you pick on teenage girls

If teenagers are going to be able to dish it, they should be able to take it.  I am not talking about calling them names or questioning their morals, but you certainly can make fun of them. 
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

OnYourToes

Quote from: SLC on January 02, 2008, 12:00:33 pm
W/ the girls mispelling Arkansas, I would have replied that it was said, not only can they not spell or pronounce Arkansas, hell they cannot spell Missouri.  There is not a "z" in Missouri.   Or you could have said, it was nice of Silver Dollar City to let them out for a vacation.  Plenty of things you can say, just say it with a smile.  
Here is why the young girls are fair game.  My children do not talk to adults in that manner, nor shall they.  If they do, they will be quickly and efficiently disciplined.  When my kids are teenagers, they will be "yes sir", "no sir", and "thank you sir" kids.  My three year old almost has this down, at least until she starts playing and forgets.  If a parent is willing to let their kids mouth off at adults, the kids and parents are fair game.  If "Daddy" does not like it, TS. 

Parents like this are a dying breed.

I respect you SLC.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Boog41

For the most part my group had no problems with the MO fans. In the parking lot after the game, some did call us "[CENSORED]" and at the drive thru at Wendys some rolled down their windows and yelled that Arkansas was a bunch of "pu$$ys"........ We ignored both groups and they went away. I'm sure every school has idiots like that.

Smokehouse

The fans I met were great. Many came up to us in the band and complimented our halftime/stands performance and were very complimentary of us. Didn't say anything about the game even after that a** whooping they gave us. Heck of a lot better than Wisconsin fans, and their band was nicer too. Wisconsin's band was constantly trying to pick a fight with us.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

rabrya

They were probably just not used to being in a game like that. Maybe they will be back in another 30 or 40 years and be a little different next time.

Cale

Quote from: Mick Hogger on January 02, 2008, 11:41:57 am
The only fans I had problems with were the Texas fans driving back down I-30. Had plenty of upside down horns for them when they stuck their hands out of their windows when we passed.

that happened to me too at least 2 times. it was actually pretty weird.

also. I saw a man on an overpass with a huge sign that read MIZZOU 38 ARK 7
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Smokehouse on January 02, 2008, 02:03:40 pm
Heck of a lot better than Wisconsin fans, and their band was nicer too. Wisconsin's band was constantly trying to pick a fight with us.
Gives a whole new meaning to Battle of the Bands, huh?

hawgwash

I sat on the Mizzou side and had no issues whatsoever.  One Mizzou fan did say something I found funny.  When we were doing the "ARKANSAS!", "RAZORBACK!" cheer across the stadium, this Mizzou fan yelled, "CADILLAC!", ESCALADE!".  All in good fun I thought.  For you to get upset at those girls reflects on you, not them.

Shizzle

I had the displeasure of sitting on the MIZ---ZOU!!! side as well. I didn't have a problem with most of them, but the guy behind me. This guy talked to my wife and I forever before the game started, he was really nice. He had many complimentary things to say about Arkansas. He transformed into another human being when they got up 14-0 running his mouth OMG!! he became a football expert, this is a truck driver mind you (nothing at all against truck drivers, my step dad and many of my friends drive trucks) but they don't have personal relationships with every football player on the Razorback team like he does every Tiger player. I heard that for a while, I was being calm for the most part. Then this fool started the DMac who? Who needs DMac? after hearing this somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 times. I turned and said let me enlighten you on who needs him every college, NFL, CFL, AAFL team on the planet. I then started on him about Mizzou recruits, and I have no idea who any of their recruits are but I made him believe I did and he knew nothing, I embarassed him about the recruits who neither of us knew anything about it was funny. Anyway I didn't mind them as a whole but this guy was a complete a11
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

jintha

txkrazorback

The Mizzou fans I met pre-game were all pretty nice and a lot just acted a bit shy. There were two (about 16-17 year olds, boy and girl) who, while I was coming out of the parking lot at a CVS after buying my wife some tampons (she bleeds red too), who started doing the miz-zou thing. then they ran across the parking lot to a hotel. maybe they had just jacked a box of rubbers for their first time...
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

hogfanshan

You should have been more offended by the way our coaches coached and team played than a bunch of passionate Mizzou fans.

txkrazorback

HDale

You have to be able to take it if you are sitting with the enemy.

Sometimes the truth hurts a little bit.
I will always hate the Dork

golfjam

Quote from: Sir Kam of Luap on January 02, 2008, 11:01:01 am
Maybe BigSexy needs to wear his Hog gear to the LSU game next year, and then come back squealing about how he misses those two teenagers chanting beat Arkansas with an empty bottle of Wild Turkey stuck in his skull.
man that made me laugh......been there done that....
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

hogdestined

MIZZOU FAN PARKING CAUSED SEVERAL TRAFFIC ISSUES AROUND STADIUM THROUGHOUT GAME.... PUBLIC ADDRESS ANNOUNCER FOR COTTON BOWL ISSUED A WARNING TO SOMEONE FOR PARKING IN FIRELANE ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE STADIUM DURING THE SECOND QUARTER OF THE GAME.  HE STATED " PLEASE REMOVE YOUR VEHICLE ON WEST SIDE OF THE STADIUM, WE HAVE A TRACTOR  DOUBLE PARKED, WITH MISSOURI TAGS, THE   LICENCE PLATE NUMBER  IS      E I E I O ,    PLEASE REMOVE YOUR VEHICLE OR IT WILL BE TOWED" ....  ???
"When I die I want my family to burry me facedown so all my critics can kiss my ***!"
             -Bob Knight

awwyeah84

hard to run into problems with mizzou fans when most of us where out of the stadium early in the 4th quarter!

hawgwash

Quote from: txkrazorback on January 02, 2008, 05:00:40 pm
The Mizzou fans I met pre-game were all pretty nice and a lot just acted a bit shy. There were two (about 16-17 year olds, boy and girl) who, while I was coming out of the parking lot at a CVS after buying my wife some tampons (she bleeds red too), who started doing the miz-zou thing. then they ran across the parking lot to a hotel. maybe they had just jacked a box of rubbers for their first time...
Have you heard the phrase "TMI"?  ;)

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: hogfanshan on January 02, 2008, 05:05:28 pm
You should have been more offended by the way our coaches coached and team played than a bunch of passionate Mizzou fans.
Winner Winner!!

dewayne

Quote from: Sir Kam of Luap on January 02, 2008, 11:01:01 am

ive done that.

and at texas.

4razorbacksinky

January 02, 2008, 09:53:09 pm #37 Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 10:05:48 pm by 4razorbacksinky
No, not at all. 

I'll second this. I was crazy enough to ride a bus from Lexington, KY to Fayetteville with 41 Cat fans back in 02. Of course, UK beat us. I had talked plenty of trash on the way down and knew I was gonna get it on the way back. As we are getting on the bus after the game these two guys and some lady walk by and say "Get on your f###ing bus and go back to KY. I came unglued. I gave them a piece of my mind. Only time I was ever embarrassed by fellow Hog Fans to be a Hog Fan. We need to act a little more like we have been somewhere before. I will have to say, most of the Hog Faithful on that trip were super to the folks I was with.

I had the opportunity to go to the 7 overtime game the next year here in Lexington. I was treated very rudely by most of the UK folks. I had one guy in my ear the whole game. I looked at him in the third quarter and pointed to the Hog Section across the field and told him he didn't want me to drag some of those folks over to our section so to shut the heck up. As an aside, if you saw the game on TV, you saw Jared Lorenzon look up into the stands in the third quarter and yell "Hey, where y'all goin'? You're gonna miss a h###uva game!" He was yelling in my direction, so I just held up my Arkansas hat for him to see and waved at him.
Fear the Tusks!

pigstye

if the score had been the other way round, you would have probably been the horse's arse

3kgthog

I might be completely backarsewards, but I don't really care what other fans think of our fans. If they hate us then it means our team is probably doing something right on the field.

HOGPICKER

Everyone I was around was very classy.  No drunks.  No one cussing the players and coaches.  Wish I had that at RRS. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

HamShank

I was on the SEC side and sat in front of three college-age guys who were chanting "S.E.C." throughout the second half.  They clearly have the standard Big 12 inferiority complex.  They were then making fun of some female Arkansas fans for screaming "Go Haww-ugs," and were talking about how our fans were "butchering the English language."  So, yes, the Tiger fans I was around were total a$$holes.

hawgwash

I'm planning to bring my brother-in-law to the 2009 Texas game in Fayetteville.  He's a Texas fan and is taking me to Austin next year.  I'll be honest and say I'm more than a little apprehensive about how he will be treated in Fayetteville.

spit

Quote from: SLC on January 02, 2008, 12:00:33 pm

W/ the girls mispelling Arkansas, I would have replied that it was said, not only can they not spell or pronounce Arkansas, hell they cannot spell Missouri.  There is not a "z" in Missouri.   Or you could have said, it was nice of Silver Dollar City to let them out for a vacation.  Plenty of things you can say, just say it with a smile.   

R u serious?  u think these 2 teenage girls need to be disciplined?  For having a good time, cheering? 

I agree on discipline for disrespect to elders by teenagers for sure, but cheering this way at a football game seems a far cry from "My children do not talk to adults in that manner".  Were they specifically talking to an adult?

HDale

Some of you confuse good natured heckling with being an a$$hole.

Lighten up Francis!
Grow a sense of humor and laugh WITH them. That works most of the time.
I will always hate the Dork

hoginator

Sat on the Big 12 side and had classy Tiger fans around us. After the game, most Tiger fans talked about how fun it was to watch DMAC. I told them I wished we could've given them a better game, but it was par for the course. It was eerily similar to having TCTGF still roaming the sidelines...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

FBREW000

Many of our fans were butchering the english language, LOL, as were the majority of the fans...  My family set in Section 17, Missouri section.  The first person to smart off was a Hog fan.  I thought, wow, Idiot!  I started having fun with the Mizzou fans.  They were singing loudly some mizzou song, I turned around, looked up, and placed my headphones on my ears.  They loved it, laughed so hard.  When their mascot began doing pushups for the upteenth time, and they all counted, I congratulated them for having a hell of a Math Department at Mizzou.  The security guard high fived me, It was all in fun.  As we were leaving they sand Nananana, nananana, hey, hey, hey, goodbye.  I smiled, waved, tippid my hawg hat and they gave me High Fives.  Said it was nice meeting us and even got my email to send pics of Dmac, etc.  I expect them to vocally support their team, have some fun, just as I did, but do so with class, humor, and treat them the way I wanted to be treated and wanted my 5 yr old princess to see here Dad act....

Singha Hog

For anyone experiencing problems with fans of other teams while on the drive back from another Hog loss, take my uncle's advice.  After the Cotton Bowl against Tennessee there was one vehicle decked out in Vol crap that kept coming up next to us and giving all sorts of obscene gestures.  Eventually my uncle had enough.  He takes the next exit and finds a phone where he proceeded to call the state troopers.  He gives them a description of the Vol car, license plate number and mentions he saw them loading up a bunch of dope in the car.  A few miles down the highway the troopers have this car pulled over, the wheels are off, the seats are being taken out, etc.  A quick honk of the horn as we drive past and my uncle was in a much better mood.

hogninja

We went down to Oxford in the early 80's to renew the series, without a full complement of tickets.  I got the odd ticket out and in the MIDDLE of Ol Miss fans, with me decked out in complete HOG gear.  Being 23, fearless, stupid, and having a general happy attitude, I endured a game of "enemy" proportions.

I have to admit that most OM fans were just poking AND when someone became abusive, They defended me when I showed a little Pissed off from the attack.  If you show the proper respect to their program and balance that with respect (not arrogance) for your own program, you can have some great experiences.  OM as fans are easier on other team than, say LSWHO, but I have found that most of them are just trying to find out if YOU are going to be the A$$ and if you're not then they are regular people.  By the way, we won the game and after at a local pub, a very large individual came up to us and asked if we were from AR.  We very reluctanly said yes and he said " If you have any trouble tonight, let me know.  You'all played a great game." :razorback:

Singha Hog

Quote from: hogninja on January 03, 2008, 02:52:05 am
By the way, we won the game and after at a local pub, a very large individual came up to us and asked if we were from AR.  We very reluctanly said yes and he said " If you have any trouble tonight, let me know.  You'all played a great game." :razorback:

How many tackles did you have that game?