Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happens if Toledo goes undefeated this year?

Started by NuttinItUp, September 13, 2015, 11:49:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Porker

I scanned the front page and missed it
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Biggus Piggus

If you look at the available yards stats, you can probably see Toledo is unlikely to go undefeated.

I predict Toledo will lose to Arkansas State. Very well could lose this Saturday to Iowa State.

And Bowling Green. And Northern Illinois.
[CENSORED]!

TNRazorbacker

Still inexcusable. NIU won the MAC decisively last year and we, the last place team in the SEC west, ran through them like hot dung. MAC teams should not be able to compete with decent SEC teams.

MTBrookHog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2015, 11:25:11 am
If you look at the available yards stats, you can probably see Toledo is unlikely to go undefeated.

I predict Toledo will lose to Arkansas State. Very well could lose this Saturday to Iowa State.

That sir will blow this board up!

Seminole Indian

All I know for sure is A-State has more talent than them this year( the defense they ran all over in the bowl game barely made A-States 2 deep this year), but obviously so did the Razorbacks. Plus the game is there. Still should  be a very good game,regardless.

Isn't college football fun, and unpredictable.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

texas tush hog

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 16, 2015, 10:53:48 am
Possible, but not necessarily the scenario.

Alabama in 2007 under Nick Saban lost to a 6-6 Sun Belt Conference ULM team. (The MAC is a better conference than the Sun Belt, though the Sun Belt is getting better). Did Alabama's program tank after that? No. The following season Saban and Alabama won the SEC.

Yes, they did win the SEC the next year, but they finished 6-6 and went to the Independence Bowl in 2007 where they beat a very mediocre Colorado team. Is that the best we can hope for, and then Kirkland, Skipper, Collins, and Hunter Henry leave early for the NFL, whoopee.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 16, 2015, 11:33:17 am
All I know for sure is A-State has more talent than them this year( the defense they ran all over in the bowl game barely made A-States 2 deep this year), but obviously so did the Razorbacks. Plus the game is there. Still should  be a very good game,regardless.

Isn't college football fun, and unpredictable.

It is a glorious opportunity for Arkansas State. Should get an incredible performance out of them.
[CENSORED]!

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2015, 11:35:01 am
It is a glorious opportunity for Arkansas State. Should get an incredible performance out of them.
Means nothing to them, or you. Did they not beat ULM after you guys lost to them?

ASU has a chance to be one of the very best G5's, where you guys rank as a P5, is up to you.

Right now I would say the Razorbacks  are without a doubt one of the the top 20-25 programs in college football , and A-State is top 20-25 in G5. 

UCA needs to get it's act together and be the same in FCS.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Seminole Indian on September 16, 2015, 11:41:38 am
Means nothing to them, or you. Did they not beat ULM after you guys lost to them?

ASU has a chance to be one of the very best G5's, where you guys rank as a P5, is up to you.

Right now I would say the Razorbacks  are without a doubt one of the the top 25 P5 programs, and A-State the same in G5. 

UCA needs to get it's act together and be the same in FCS.

Matters not so much that it was Arkansas that it was an SEC team. Toledo's getting great run for beating an SEC team on the road. Arkansas State can strengthen its bowl resume with a win. Gonna need it, because that nonleague schedule has been tough. Beating Toledo would have been far less impressive, had the Hogs stomped 'em. Now it's a choice opportunity in reach.
[CENSORED]!

WooPig90

I realllly hope not

Peter Porker

Stats I'd  prefer to go by and what I believe tells the story are drive efficiency for offense and defense, 3rd down conversion rates for offense and defense, and turnovers for offense and defense. Lots of yards can be piled up and a team can lose. See Arkansas vs. Toledo.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

So glad all of the CBB haters got the internets turned on Saturday. We've missed you guys.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 16, 2015, 11:51:04 am
Matters not so much that it was Arkansas that it was an SEC team. Toledo's getting great run for beating an SEC team on the road. Arkansas State can strengthen its bowl resume with a win. Gonna need it, because that nonleague schedule has been tough. Beating Toledo would have been far less impressive, had the Hogs stomped 'em. Now it's a choice opportunity in reach.
Agree, and obviously all G5's, and their fans make note of the non-P5's on their schedule that beat P5's, and obviously ASU fans,the Arkansas Media, and maybe their in-state players will be aware that they beat Arkansas. [

hogcard1964

Iowa St. is awful.

threeNout

it would strengthen the argument to expand to 8.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 16, 2015, 11:34:32 am

Yes, they did win the SEC the next year, but they finished 6-6 and went to the Independence Bowl in 2007 where they beat a very mediocre Colorado team. Is that the best we can hope for, and then Kirkland, Skipper, Collins, and Hunter Henry leave early for the NFL, whoopee.

They didn't win the SEC the next year FL did. They did have a good year though, went to Sugar Bowl. Came back and won nat championship in 2009.

PonderinHog

I'll put my head between my legs and kiss my own

Peter Porker

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 16, 2015, 12:52:31 pm
They didn't win the SEC the next year FL did. They did have a good year though, went to Sugar Bowl. Came back and won nat championship in 2009.

You're correct. My mistake.

razorsharptusk

So, a question along these lines.  IF the Hogs were to run the table from here out, which I know right now seems like a huge feat, but say they do, would we still have any shot at the NC game?  It seems that it would have been far better for us to drop a game to an SEC opponent vs. a MAC opponent when it comes down to the end of year selections.  The SEC championship is still on the table, but could it be that this Toledo game could keep us out of the NC game?

Again, I know this is a very hypothetical question with many variables yet to play out.   
GO HOGS!!

DLUXHOG

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 16, 2015, 01:41:43 pm
So, a question along these lines.  IF the Hogs were to run the table from here out, which I know right now seems like a huge feat, but say they do, would we still have any shot at the NC game?  It seems that it would have been far better for us to drop a game to an SEC opponent vs. a MAC opponent when it comes down to the end of year selections.  The SEC championship is still on the table, but could it be that this Toledo game could keep us out of the NC game?

Again, I know this is a very hypothetical question with many variables yet to play out.   

I heard it here from you first !  +1
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HawgLife4Eva on September 14, 2015, 12:12:13 am
They do have a Big 12 school this coming weekend, Iowa State...although how good they are is still up in the air.

They did beat a ranked SEC school too....us!

Undefeated is hard, even with a soft schedule. That's why you don't see many teams do it. Doesn't matter if it is a stellar schedule or not. Hey, Ohio State has a weak schedule too.
but what if iowa state beats em by 20...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 16, 2015, 01:41:43 pm

yes, we would.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

razorsharptusk

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on September 16, 2015, 01:53:08 pm
yes, we would.

You find that people are torn on this.  Many think Auburn could go into LSU and lose, and then win out and have a shot at the NC game.   However, due to whom we lost to, we are being counted out.

"13. Arkansas: The Razorbacks can still compete for a trip to the SEC Championship Game, but they're unlikely to recover any chances at a playoff berth after a 16-12 loss to Toledo. It's not as bad as a conference loss as far as the season outlook, but the embarrassment seriously impacts momentum."   SDS
GO HOGS!!

mitchforheisman

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on September 13, 2015, 11:51:45 pm
Nope. They're Toledo, we're Arkansas. We should win that game every time. Instead, Arkansas football is back in the Dark Ages and we won't see a Renaissance for another several years.

1 loss 5 days ago and you're already calling for several years of "dark ages". Sad.

eequalsmcsquared

Quote from: mitchforheisman on September 16, 2015, 06:23:43 pm
1 loss 5 days ago and you're already calling for several years of "dark ages". Sad.

what part of "worse loss since the Citadel"  dont you get. THAT"s  what is sad.

majp51

Quote from: NuttinItUp on September 13, 2015, 11:49:21 pm
If Toledo were to go 11-0 in regular season play this year (their first game was cancelled, so only 11 games), and they end the year ranked high, would your perception of the loss change at all?

Edit: The MAC does have a conference championship game, so they could go 12-0 before the bowls.

Well, consider that the Citadel an exceptionally good football team the year they beat Arkansas, and in fact only had 2 losses, one of them in the Playoff Quarterfinals against eventually National Champion Youngstown State.

Everyone still lists that game as the worst of all time anyway, so why would Toledo having a stupendous record make any difference?

ChemEHawg

...we get revenge in a lower tier bowl game? 8-lb baby Jesus, please make this a possibility. I can only hope these Hogs get a shot at revenge. Think about the story lines and work up to that game. Lol
Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...