Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 10 Thread: #5 Arkansas (7-2, 0-0 SEC) vs Southern Cal (7-1, 0-0 Pac 12)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 01, 2018, 07:00:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

#5 ARKANSAS vs Southern Cal
at Baum Stadium   Friday 3:00 p.m.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 10 THREAD
   #5 ARKANSAS ( 7-2, 0-0 SEC) vs Southern Cal (7-1, 0-0) PAC12)

This is game 1 of 3 games in Baum Stadium which begins on Friday and concludes on Sunday. The Razorbacks will face USC in the weekend series.

FRIDAY's First Pitch is set for 3:00pm central time and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED. SEC+ will stream this game.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, , ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, Wisco Pig, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog and Razorbacks#1, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0               3:00 p.m.                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
USC                |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Currently have for the weekend PBP:

Friday - JHicks3636
Saturday - PoconoHog
Sunday - PoconoHog

Brings us some more wins! Thanks in advance!

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Flying back to Arkansas tomorrow. Hoping to sneek in the Saturday or Sunday game.

Go RAZORBACKS!

THUNDER!

razorbackfan86

pigture perfect

I hadn't seen Pocono this year yet. I was beginning to worry. Glad to see that he will be doing Saturday's game. One of the greatest things about this thread is that when baseball season starts, it's like a reunion with old friends.

Let's go whoop the McGwires!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

boaron50

You guys hearing any scuttle about a possible doubleheader Saturday with weather potentially rolling in Sunday?  Or too early to know yet? Would they announce it late tonight typically if so?

Coming from aways out for the Sunday game and just trying to plan ahead in case we need to make a quick run at it Saturday.  Thx.

Wade

TexasRazorback

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 01, 2018, 07:16:22 pm
USC Trojans

http://usctrojans.com/documents/2018/2/28//5_Arkansas.pdf

Did anyone else notice the West Coast Idiot who put this out thinks Arkansas is in the Big 12? Look at 2017 record. it says Big 12  :puke:   lol

HamIAm

From the USC website concerning last Friday's series opener against Villanova

QuoteKEEP WALKING: The Trojans worked a 10-walk inning on Friday
night against Villanova, a total that is tied for the second most
walks ever worked by a team in a single inning. The only total
higher on the list came from TCU (11) exactly 20 years to the day
(2/23/98) from Friday's game.

I have to assume Villanova just imploded, but wow, shades of Perry Costello.  Villanova had 3 batters walk the entire game, USC 15.

With the game tied 2-2 in the bottom of the fourth and one out USC drew a walk but then had the runner thrown out stealing. 

Then with 2 outs and the bases empty Villanova proceeded to issue 9 more walks, a hit by pitch, 2 wild pitches, a fielding error by the shortstop, and allowed 2 hits to let USC score 10 and  break the game wide open.  Villanova used 5 pitchers in the inning.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 01, 2018, 07:31:16 pm
Flying back to Arkansas tomorrow. Hoping to sneek in the Saturday or Sunday game.

Go RAZORBACKS!

But a ticket tightwad and just come through the gates like everybody else. Jk
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

BroyledNutts

Quote from: HamIAm on March 02, 2018, 10:45:00 am
From the USC website concerning last Friday's series opener against Villanova

I have to assume Villanova just imploded, but wow, shades of Perry Costello.  Villanova had 3 batters walk the entire game, USC 15.

With the game tied 2-2 in the bottom of the fourth and one out USC drew a walk but then had the runner thrown out stealing. 

Then with 2 outs and the bases empty Villanova proceeded to issue 9 more walks, a hit by pitch, 2 wild pitches, a fielding error by the shortstop, and allowed 2 hits to let USC score 10 and  break the game wide open.  Villanova used 5 pitchers in the inning.

HBPs and wild pitches aside, that smells rather strongly of that west coast strike zone showing up at just the right time ... I've seen it ... just more proof it happens ...

BroyledNutts

Quote from: boaron50 on March 02, 2018, 10:24:47 am
You guys hearing any scuttle about a possible doubleheader Saturday with weather potentially rolling in Sunday?  Or too early to know yet? Would they announce it late tonight typically if so?

Coming from aways out for the Sunday game and just trying to plan ahead in case we need to make a quick run at it Saturday.  Thx.

Wade

According to the Weather Channel, Sunday looks a little sketchy - 40% chance rain & T-storms very early in the day (4:30am) tapering off around noon to only a 20% chance, and then picking up again Sunday evening (5pm) ... cool, around 60, and winds 10-20mph ... if they can get that game in on Sunday they'll leave it there ... DVH doesn't like DHs unless they're absolutely necessary ... If they decide to change it we should know before the end of today ... hope this helps ...

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

JHicks3636

ARKANSAS line-up

SS BIGGERS    .300
RF COLE          .355
LF KJERSTAD   .448
DH BONFIELD  .333
CF FLETCHER   .194
C   KOCH.        .238
1B GATES        .320
2B SHADDY      .286
3B MARTIN       .421
P   KNIGHT

razorbackfan86

WPS!! Thinking about cutting out of the office a little early so I can get home and watch the game.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PigWig

JHicks3636

USC line- up

LF Nootbaar      .240
CF Acosta         .235
2B Perez          .308
1B Paulson       .304
DH Sabol         .321
3B Armenta      .182
RF Shockey      .167
C  Murphy        .350
SS Bushor        .421
P   Clarke

Pudgepork

razorbackfan86

Quote from: Pudgepork on March 02, 2018, 01:57:02 pm
Go Hogs!!   I hope USC isn't bringing their umps

Looks like they at least brought their weather, man it looks like a nice day.

jst01

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 02, 2018, 01:55:27 pm
USC line- up

LF Nootbarr      .240
CF Acosta         .235
2B Perez          .308
1B Paulson       .304
DH Sabol         .321
3B Armenta      .182
RF Shockey      .167
C  Murphy        .350
SS Bushor        .421
P   Clarke

J, appreciate all you do for the game threads! I do have to ask, how do you have the time?? You retired or work from home or what??

PigWig

boaron50

Quote from: BroyledNutts on March 02, 2018, 01:01:27 pm
According to the Weather Channel, Sunday looks a little sketchy - 40% chance rain & T-storms very early in the day (4:30am) tapering off around noon to only a 20% chance, and then picking up again Sunday evening (5pm) ... cool, around 60, and winds 10-20mph ... if they can get that game in on Sunday they'll leave it there ... DVH doesn't like DHs unless they're absolutely necessary ... If they decide to change it we should know before the end of today ... hope this helps ...

Thanks Broyled.   Sounds like excellent chance of a Sunday game if the gap in wx holds.  Good to know about when any announcement timing might happen so I can monitor.  WPS and let's get a sweep and some payback on those Trojans !!  I hope they feel the Baum rumble real proper like !!

W.

razorbackfan86

BroyledNutts

Quote from: boaron50 on March 02, 2018, 02:17:49 pm
Thanks Broyled.   Sounds like excellent chance of a Sunday game if the gap in wx holds.  Good to know about when any announcement timing might happen so I can monitor.  WPS and let's get a sweep and some payback on those Trojans !!  I hope they feel the Baum rumble real proper like !!

W.

I follow Razorback Baseball on FB and get notifications ... if a decision is made regarding a DH and I see it, I'll be sure to pass it along. WPS !!!

Tony Perkis

Is it possible to access my season tickets and print them online? I'm at the office and forgot mine at home. Thanks!

jst01

Quote from: Tony Perkis on March 02, 2018, 02:22:48 pm
Is it possible to access my season tickets and print them online? I'm at the office and forgot mine at home. Thanks!

I'd call ticket office. You'd think they could print off some for you there if you show your ID or something.

JHicks3636

Quote from: jst01 on March 02, 2018, 02:04:38 pm
J, appreciate all you do for the game threads! I do have to ask, how do you have the time?? You retired or work from home or what??
I'm still a hard working attorney but I've learned to have priorities. Being the Senior attorney I set my own schedule. As long as I'm not in trial I can usually get off. For example today, I had Court in 3 courtrooms. One Judge went through lunch so I got out about 1:10. I went to lunch and while I waited on it I put in the starting line-ups through my cell phone. After lunch I got home and set up for pbp. I love doing it. I'm hopeful that it helps some people who can't otherwise follow the game. I consider that we are like family in our love for the Hogs. All that being said I hope that in about 18 months I'll be "mostly" retired. I'll have 43 years of practice by then and that is about enough.

onebadrubi

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 02, 2018, 02:31:36 pm
I'm still a hard working attorney but I've learned to have priorities. Being the Senior attorney I set my own schedule. As long as I'm not in trial I can usually get off. For example today, I had Court in 3 courtrooms. One Judge went through lunch so I got out about 1:10. I went to lunch and while I waited on it I put in the starting line-ups through my cell phone. After lunch I got home and set up for pbp. I love doing it. I'm hopeful that it helps some people who can't otherwise follow the game. I consider that we are like family in our love for the Hogs. All that being said I hope that in about 18 months I'll be "mostly" retired. I'll have 43 years of practice by then and that is about enough.

it helps me a ton as I travel! 

Thank you,

razorbackfan86

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 02:32:46 pm
it helps me a ton as I travel! 

Thank you,

Helps me a ton as well. My wife and I have 1 year old twins at home who would rather watch Moana on repeat right now, so on days I can't sneak home early, I rely heavily on hogville pbp.

PeabodyHawg

JHicks,

Do you live in Huntsville, Al?  On an earlier thread you said you where there. 

JHicks3636

Quote from: PeabodyHawg on March 02, 2018, 02:50:08 pm
JHicks,

Do you live in Huntsville, Al?  On an earlier thread you said you where there. 

Yes, the Huntsville part of Madison in Edgewater.

PeabodyHawg

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 02, 2018, 02:55:05 pm
Yes, the Huntsville part of Madison in Edgewater.
We'll need to hook up sometime.  I've been here for 32 years.  Live in the Monrovia area neat Providence.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

razorbackfan86

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                   0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
USC                |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

THUNDER!

onebadrubi

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on March 02, 2018, 02:35:45 pm
Helps me a ton as well. My wife and I have 1 year old twins at home who would rather watch Moana on repeat right now, so on days I can't sneak home early, I rely heavily on hogville pbp.

I'm confused, so do you sneak off to work to read PBP?  haha jk. Congrats on the twins, good friend of ours has twin boys and they keep him and his wife on their feet.

jst01

Quote from: JHicks3636 on March 02, 2018, 02:31:36 pm

That's awesome, kudos and thanks!

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

Nootbaar leads off the game(has walked 13 times in 8 games), flies out to right on the first pitch

JHicks3636

USC begins its trip east with

1. Nootbaar   .240
2. Acosta       .235
3. Perez         .308

razorbackfan86

Quote from: onebadrubi on March 02, 2018, 03:02:10 pm
I'm confused, so do you sneak off to work to read PBP?  haha jk. Congrats on the twins, good friend of ours has twin boys and they keep him and his wife on their feet.

Honestly it's usually the only time I can be "active" on the thread. They definitely keep us on our toes, they are a handful, but fun. I'm ready to take them to their 1st Razorback game.

JHicks3636

onebadrubi

Just me or is this third batter have his bat completely coated In pine tar, all the way up the barrel. 

Was that George Brett that had the pine tar too far up the bat incident?

Illinihog