• 388,972 Topics
• 22,018 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For New/Infrequent EI Posters  (Read 3451 times)

Arkansas Traveler

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
For New/Infrequent EI Posters
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:47:10 pm »

For the past several years this has been the best forum on Hogville for quality discussion about the Razorbacks. Several of us have worked to make it this way, and we like what we have here. 

So let us have an understanding.

Any poster who demonstrates that they cannot come to Extra Innings and discuss Razorback baseball in a civil and intelligent manner will be banned. Consider it the equivalent of a hitter questioning balls and strikes. This is not MMQB and this is not Jump Ball.

There are several posters in here who love Razorback baseball and baseball in general, and we have a good time discussing the game - win or lose. If you cannot live up to that standard you are in the wrong place, and you will not be allowed to stay.   

Should you disagree, fine. You'll be expressing that disagreement from the proverbial parking lot while the rest of us are enjoying the game.

A few simple reminders:

(1) bashing players, individually or as a group, will not be tolerated;

(2) ignorant comments - "DVH should be fired," "DVH is horrible," "this is a wasted year," "no way we'll ever get to Omaha," etc.  - are unacceptable;

(3) take any dispute you have with another poster to PM. If you clutter the board with it you will both be moderated.

Moderation may include, but not be limited to, having your posts sent to the trash can, removal/deletion of your posts, requiring that all of your posts be approved, being placed on read-only status, being banned, and deletion of your account.

One other note: we do not have the ability at Hogville to ban posters from only one forum; hence, you get thrown out here, you're banned from all forums.

Should any of this cause you heartburn, PM me your name and address and I will immediately process your full refund.

rhog1

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: For New/Infrequent EI Posters
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 02:59:04 pm »

This is why EI is the best board on hogville. You can actually discuss razorback baseball without the constant bickering back and forth.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Amityvillehogger

• "Say Goodbye! Darren McFadden!!"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 04:54:12 pm »

It's why baseball is such a great sport. The pace of the game is slow enough that you eliminate a lot of the knee jerk reaction fans from following it. Thus allowing those of us that truely love it to enjoy in peace.

Knot2brite

• Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 06:12:37 pm »

It isn't that you can complain gripe grinch etc...it is how you do it...learn how to construct a complaint based on knowledge of the game...it makes Wilson work harder to bust your behind and usually if it is good enough..he will comment on it...I make him real mad because I figured this out years ago ...I kid I kid...but seriously...make your complaint constructive...not irrational

PintailKiller

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 07:43:16 pm »

Well said Wilson

Arkansas Traveler

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 08:48:27 pm »

It isn't that you can complain gripe grinch etc...it is how you do it...learn how to construct a complaint based on knowledge of the game...it makes Wilson work harder to bust your behind and usually if it is good enough..he will comment on it...I make him real mad because I figured this out years ago ...I kid I kid...but seriously...make your complaint constructive...not irrational

Much truth here. Tuck had an outstanding post on this a couple of years ago, but the short example is this:

"(Player X) is really struggling to get around on the inside fastball." - perfectly acceptable.

"(Player X) sucks. He's horrible." - This comment gets you banned.

"(Player Y) can't locate his fastball. Might be time to move him out of the weekend rotation for a bit." - perfectly acceptable

"(Player Y) is a waste of a scholarship." - This comment gets you banned.

Earnhardt

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 10:30:13 pm »

I'm a new poster but this is why I love baseball and am looking forward to visiting EI during the season. In baseball if your team loses a mid-week game or a non-conference game to a team that you are probably better than you say something like "we couldn't get our bats going today" or "our pitchers couldn't locate his pitches today and the other team hit him"> In basketball or football if you lose a game to a team you shouldn't its "some changes in the coaching staff need to be made immediately" or "the players have no heart".

19 days!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 04:35:22 am »

Birminghog

• Ludwig calls the Hogs at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 11:01:40 am »

Thanks again, Wilson, for making EI a safe haven on Hogville. I don't even go to MMQ or JB, if we lose at FB or BB, to avoid the shrapnel.  :razorback:

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 04:28:20 am »

Much truth here. Tuck had an outstanding post on this a couple of years ago, but the short example is this:

"(Player X) is really struggling to get around on the inside fastball." - perfectly acceptable.

"(Player X) sucks. He's horrible." - This comment gets you banned.

"(Player Y) can't locate his fastball. Might be time to move him out of the weekend rotation for a bit." - perfectly acceptable

"(Player Y) is a waste of a scholarship." - This comment gets you banned.

This may not be the post that Wilson is talking about, but it's still a good post and thread started by Tuck.
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=592949.0#top

mhsbc59

• "Cause thats how I Role"
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 10:09:53 pm »

Are Oklahoma fans still fair game at the Alma Sonic though lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas