Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"The state of Arkansas is down in talent this year"

Started by 3BoarsDown, June 28, 2010, 03:38:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 05, 2010, 01:21:55 pm
This is wrong.  One of the things that makes Hogville great is the interaction with other fan bases.  He makes extremely good, well reasoned points, and backs them up with facts.  That is more than the vast majority of our fans do on here.  So, give it a rest.  It never was a pissing contest.  You aren't even in the same league.

Regardless, OMBD I hope you are ready for a smack down this year!  Mallet's gonna get it done this year!

Are you friends with Nutt?

Oklahawg

Delvin Jones was a no-shot recruit, talent or otherwise. Smart teams didn't waste time on him because they knew he'd struggle in 2 years to make it out of a JUCO. Arkansas fans will remember Lonnie White, a TE from Tallahassee that Nutt chased long and hard. Bowden at FSU knew he had no prayer for eligibility but wanted to commit to FSU anyway. The weekend or so before signing day Bowden offered him a conditional scholie (essentially, "we aren't planning on you in this class but we'll go along for the ride and hope you are eligible in 2 years").

Jones makes Jerrell Powe look like Myron Rolle, the Oxford-bound FSU DB.  Calvin Barnett, whom was a longshot on signing day and indeed is headed to JUCO (enrolled already at NEO), looks like an academic all-stater in comparison.

While OM gets credit for taking the chance on Jones it was not energy well spent. They have several like that they are praying they can somehow get on campus.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

July 05, 2010, 08:21:52 pm #52 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:23:38 pm by Oklahawg
Hey, hog fans. Let's allow Ole Miss fans their faux privileges - let them feel good about the recruiting victories recently. Nutt has yet to prove that he can consistently develop talent. We all know that meeting high expectations is not his forte. Not yet, anyway.

I said this while Nutt was still (unfortunately) roaming UA's sideline - he NEEDED a change of scenery. There are things you cannot learn until you move past the mistakes and have a chance at a "do over". I am not intending this as a condescending statement. I have long advocated this to colleagues who struggle to overcome professional "oops".

Nutt didn't simply pull up stakes and move South and East. The OM folks made sure that he had more structural support so that his tendencies didn't bite him in the arse again. It was mandated that he retain Nix as DC and was capped at 4 or 5 UA assistants that he could bring with him. The incest of the Mafia was broken down a bit.

The best "must do" was the retention of Kent Austin as OC. Even Austin and the OM mojo machine couldn't rescue Snead from Nutt's mismanagement. Austin has serious recruiting skills. Of course, the demise of Snead certainly brings into question Austin's relevance, or any other OC, at OM.

Not only do those coaches provide solid teaching they are solid recruiters. OM has a longer tradition of dipping into FL for recruits than does UA. UA fans can count on both hands the number of FL recruits prior to Petrino. That's in umpteen years of football, not just a decade. My diatribe about Nutt's recruiting philosophy at UA is well documented using the search feature, but he abandoned TX trying to fish in FL's deeper waters. He left empty-handed, tried TX, quit again, went back a third time. 

Petrino is just now repairing the damage at some prominent schools where coaches were begging the Nutt staff to take a look at players only to not only have it not happen, they often didn't even respond!

Nutt exhausted his recruiting territories at UA, but has yet to undermine the efforts of his staff to continue to mine a fertile FL region not to mention the flush state of talent in MS. He may well have learned his lesson. Now, getting him to reconfigure his long-term planning and strategic work. Well, that's gone - the Nutt model is in place (win when nothing is expected of him, lose when expectations run high).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

3BoarsDown

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 01:36:16 pm
We can't have all of them qualify. We don't have room. We knew Cordell Giles and a couple of the Florida guys (Grimes, Scott, and Mitchell) were borderline. Cedric Smith was a plan B guy that we only signed after losing Dequan Menzie in the days leading up to NSD. And these aren't our top recruits from the last class.

So the Rebels will be just fine down the road after a '10 recruiting class where none of the CB's qualify?

We've seen this before. Why do you think our defense has sucked so bad recently?

Then you aren't taking committs but now all of a sudden are. I can promise you the Miami kids that just committed are terrible students, talented kids, but very poor academically. That's why the FL schools aren't on them. If they do get their grades turned around Miami will offer and they will no longer be headed to OM.

olemissbydamn

July 05, 2010, 08:38:07 pm #54 Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:52:57 pm by olemissbydamn
Quote from: Oklahawg on July 05, 2010, 07:56:35 pm
Delvin Jones was a no-shot recruit, talent or otherwise. Smart teams didn't waste time on him because they knew he'd struggle in 2 years to make it out of a JUCO. Arkansas fans will remember Lonnie White, a TE from Tallahassee that Nutt chased long and hard. Bowden at FSU knew he had no prayer for eligibility but wanted to commit to FSU anyway. The weekend or so before signing day Bowden offered him a conditional scholie (essentially, "we aren't planning on you in this class but we'll go along for the ride and hope you are eligible in 2 years").

Jones makes Jerrell Powe look like Myron Rolle, the Oxford-bound FSU DB.  Calvin Barnett, whom was a longshot on signing day and indeed is headed to JUCO (enrolled already at NEO), looks like an academic all-stater in comparison.

While OM gets credit for taking the chance on Jones it was not energy well spent. They have several like that they are praying they can somehow get on campus.

Arkansas was still recruiting Delvin Jones as late as Dec of 2009.

I guess they didn't get the memo that he was a waste of time.

And please, tell us more about Delvin's transcript. Did you make a special trip to his school in Miami to see it? You may have a few hayseeds convinced that you are "in the know", but you and I both know that you know nothing about Delvin's grades.

AND THE BEST OF ALL...

Tell us why as late as December of 09 you are still discussing flipping Jones from UT? If he was a waste of time, why are you wishing for him with less than two months to go in recruiting?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=324888.msg4725617#msg4725617

gatecrasher

There are others who are gonna be seniors this fall in our state who are on Ole Piss' radar.

Three off the top of my head:

El Dorado QB Taylor Reed
Dumas QB Darrion Griswold (being recruited as a TE)
Watson Chapel QB Kyle Coleman (being recruited as a WR).

There are others too. I'll post them later...

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 08:38:07 pm

And please, tell us more about Delvin's transcript. Did you make a special trip to his school in Miami to see it? You may have a few hayseeds convinced that you are "in the know", but you and I both know that you know nothing about Delvin's grades.

AND THE BEST OF ALL...

Tell us why as late as December of 09 you are still discussing flipping Jones from UT? If he was a waste of time, why are you wishing for him with less than two months to go in recruiting?

That post wasn't anyone wishing anything.  He merely listed him as a possibility along with many others.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Oklahawg

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 08:38:07 pm

AND THE BEST OF ALL...

One thing is obvious to all involved - Petrino doesn't text me about his recruiting strategy. If your savvy use of the "search" function was complete you'd see where other mods/admins came on and noted that Jones was listing UA but UA had stopped recruiting him. Lil' ole Oklahawg was humbled by someone who *gosh* had information. So, I gleaned that info and moved forward.

Its where I got info that Jones' transcript was a wreck (this was leaked from a compliance officer at another school who quit recruiting him...not all info has to be from the Broyles Center).

Look, the Tulsa paper is running an intermittent feature on the top 10 players by position in NE OK. They were discussing LBs today and mentioned a kid that I know for a fact UA is not recruiting. By "recruiting" I am not talking about a form letter inquiring about interest (several thousand of those go out annually) or "sure hope you make it to camp" notes. I mean calls, texts, etc., whatever is allowed. PURSUED not just contacted. This player was CONTACTED, not PURSUED.

Some of the national site work is real sloppy. Its been discussed in other threads on hogville that we were on a 20-team list of offers for this player or that player. We might have made the dozen team cut, but we are not on the short list. Still listed. There is no means of verifying an offer. There is no means of determining if an offer is qualified or conditional.

My Dec 09 interest in Jones was the scattershot look at the above paragraph and saying, "well, the last time this kid's stuff was updated HE listed Arkansas...why not toss that name in the hat."

I do remember that post! I also remember that was a cold, cold December outside but the recruiting forum was boiling hot! It took two folks with connections within the BAC to note that the commits we were getting were off our shortest of short lists, whether the national gooroos agreed or not. It wasn't much longer before it was born out with OU stepping up its recruitment of Humphrey and Williams (Dallas DL), and then a bit later the push by LSU for Armand Williams.

That was an important couple of weeks on this forum. The forum turned from a superficial hype machine to a forum (with growing pains) headed towards a cerebral understanding of the recruitment process. Its why you'll see the mod team post with some indignation and frustration when newer posters wave their hands in the air and scream about this recruit or that recruit. Or, someone kicks a pebble under the bridge and stirs a TROLL.

...and quit slurping your drink through a straw. Its unbecoming of an adult male, and makes the rest of us look bad. Oh, and wear socks with shoes when wearing a blue blazer, even if it covers an open-collared shirt. I have this mental image, see...

Oklahawg

Quote from: Corndog7 on July 05, 2010, 10:54:48 pm
That post wasn't anyone wishing anything.  He merely listed him as a possibility along with many others.

In fairness to Bubby, I did overstate UA's recruitment of Jones. If a PM is correct, we quit contacting him in October due to grades. Might be bogus info, but its there.

Hawg Balling

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 09:16:56 am
All those words and you really didn't say anything pertinent and had to resort to an imaginary insult.

I have a mental image of you also...

You are in your mom's basement wearing overall's with a sleeveless flannel shirt, a straw hat, and no shoes. You have a goatee with the mornings eggs and gravy attached.  You are navigating between hogville and birther/truther conspiracy sites.

OMBD, what's the word (if any) on the DB recruits who were having grades trouble?  I remember seeing that anywhere from one to all were in severe danger of not qualifying but haven't heard anything recently.  Any news? 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Balling on July 06, 2010, 09:29:30 am
OMBD, what's the word (if any) on the DB recruits who were having grades trouble?  I remember seeing that anywhere from one to all were in severe danger of not qualifying but haven't heard anything recently.  Any news? 

I thought rebelbruiser was the one to post that.

olemissbydamn

July 06, 2010, 09:38:04 am #61 Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:48:25 am by olemissbydamn
Quote from: Oklahawg on July 05, 2010, 11:29:33 pm
In fairness to Bubby, I did overstate UA's recruitment of Jones. If a PM is correct, we quit contacting him in October due to grades. Might be bogus info, but its there.

Had no idea a PM could be consider a "source".

How about the horse's mouth in Dec 2009?

QuoteAlthough Jones committed to Tennessee early in the recruiting process, that hasn't stopped other schools from continuing to recruit the Miami resident.

"Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, Nebraska, and of course Tennessee, are the main schools I am hearing from."

Any official visits set up yet?

"Not yet, but I am talking to a few about taking one."

Arkansas just came on the picture. What is going on with the Hawgs?
"I have just been talking to them a lot lately."

What has Delvin learned about Arkansas?

"They are a lot better than what people think."
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/926091.html

Then again on Dec 22, 2009...

QuoteThe dead period started this week, but the past couple of weeks, quite a few recruiters came by to see him before the Christmas Holidays started.

"Yea, you could say there were quite a few people who came by here (laugh). You know Tennessee has been here every week. Ole Miss too. Nebraska was here. LSU was here. Miami was here. Florida came by. Arkansas has been coming by. You know, it is just the usual schools."

Which schools have been the most consistent throughout his recruitment?

"I am going to take visits to Tennessee (1/14), Ole Miss (1/21), and Arkansas (1/28). I am still committed to Tennessee, but I want to see what else is out there. I always said I was going to take my visits because I have not never been to their campuses. I just want to see what they have to offer."
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/931461.html

QuoteI have been talking with some other schools and just got a new offer today from Arkansas. We talked today. I have seen them play a few times. I am not sure if I will visit them or not.
http://sectionsports.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=995420

As a matter of fact, Delvin doesn't even start mentioning Arkansas until September 29, 2009, which was around the time you started recruiting him. So pardon me if I find it hard to believe that you started recruiting him practically in October then quit in the same month.

HgH

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 09:16:56 am
All those words and you really didn't say anything pertinent and had to resort to an imaginary insult.

I have a mental image of you also...

You are in your mom's basement wearing overall's with a sleeveless flannel shirt, a straw hat, and no shoes. You have a goatee with the mornings eggs and gravy attached.  You are navigating between hogville and birther/truther conspiracy sites.

you do know that Radio tried to make the best QB IN THE NATION a TE dont you?

beansandtaters

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 09:38:04 am

As a matter of fact, Delvin doesn't even start mentioning Arkansas until September 29, 2009, which was around the time you started recruiting him. So pardon me if I find it hard to believe that you started recruiting him practically in October then quit in the same month.

wow...you have a LOT of time on your hands.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: Hawg Balling on July 06, 2010, 09:29:30 am

Cedric Smith, who we signed as a plan B when Dequan Menzie spurned us, definately will not qualify. There are talks about Hargrave for him.

Damien Jackson arrived in the Spring and went through practice.

Tony Grimes, Eric Mitchell, and Cliff Coleman have work to do in the summer to get qualified.

Brishen Matthews is with the team.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: beansandtaters on July 06, 2010, 09:42:57 am
wow...you have a LOT of time on your hands.

Took about 10 mins, but I don't care for posting trash that has no proof. I'd rather show where the info has been published.

hog19911

At the risk of pissing off hog fans I'm gonna stick up for Olemissbydamn. The guy brings solid information to this site and every bit of flaming I've ever seen has been started by our side. Ole Miss is off to a very good start in recruiting and so are we..

The Hogfather

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 11:27:25 am
+1

Sorry, but you have to be connected in some way to Nutt/Ole Miss.  There is no way a Hog fan acts like you.

Oklahawg

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 09:38:04 am

Fricktard, READ with comprehension: the PM came from someone with info INSIDE the four walls where it matters. Jones was a non-factor. The contact was courtesy mail that is sent to hundreds of recruits. I'll stand by my SOURCE, you can stand by your recruit with a transcript that looks like it was purchased at a garage sale.

Oklahawg

OMBD, I deleted your attack.

It didn't bother me (birther? truther? you have me confused with someone!!).

However, the mod team takes seriously attacks against other mods/admins. Its not like you are a valuable hog fan.

I posted factual information. Sometimes, you do the same. That deserves credit. But, you don't do it consistently. And, your "information" isn't so valuable to the board that you can get away with name-calling.

If my final words earlier in the thread were hurtful to you, I'll gladly retract them. They don't exactly fit - I have no idea about you as a person off-the-board and they do get in the way of factual information.

OMBD, this board knows that I'll critique myself when necessary. But, there's a reason why hogville is where its at. I read the posts of important folks with great care, pay attention to who is connected to whom, and post as accurately as possible.

Foolish of all of us on one hand - we are dealing with teenagers (unless we're talking Michael Dyer) when talking recruits.

Steef

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 06, 2010, 12:30:05 pm
OMBD, I deleted your attack.

It didn't bother me (birther? truther? you have me confused with someone!!).

However, the mod team takes seriously attacks against other mods/admins. Its not like you are a valuable hog fan.

I posted factual information. Sometimes, you do the same. That deserves credit. But, you don't do it consistently. And, your "information" isn't so valuable to the board that you can get away with name-calling.

If my final words earlier in the thread were hurtful to you, I'll gladly retract them. They don't exactly fit - I have no idea about you as a person off-the-board and they do get in the way of factual information.

OMBD, this board knows that I'll critique myself when necessary. But, there's a reason why hogville is where its at. I read the posts of important folks with great care, pay attention to who is connected to whom, and post as accurately as possible.

Foolish of all of us on one hand - we are dealing with teenagers (unless we're talking Michael Dyer) when talking recruits.

I figured you (and the other Mods) are big boys and can take of yourselves.

But THIS....

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 05, 2010, 12:04:36 pm
First of all, one of the commitments, Serderious Bryant, does have a FSU and Miami offer (as well as Auburn).

Secondly, how many hawg commitments have Florida offers?

What instate school has offered Austin Beck? Oklahoma and OK St. aren't even in the same category with Florida and FSU, yet Beck doesn't have an offer from them.

Who else offered Brandon Allen? What about Danenhaur? What about Davvyon McKinney and Grady Ollison? Tulsa is their only other offer. Why is Keante Minor's only other offer Kansas? Does the fact that no school in Illinois offered him mean he isn't that good? Let's be honest, Illinois is no Florida. We won't even get into Wiley's other offers of North Texas & New Mexico (a combined 3 wins last season).

I don't point this out to say you are recruiting poorly, because I don't believe that. I think you are putting together a good class. I say it because it is an extremely stupid and sour grapes type argument to point out that that two of these players didn't have Florida or FSU offers.

I've come to expect poor rationale from a segment of posters here. I guess its to be expected from a segment of fans on any college message board. OM has fans that rationalize everything with spin also. Evidently they don't realize that poor rationale and sour grapes reflects poorly on the whole board and not just themselves.

....bothered me. A lot.

OMBD does occasionally bring up to minute info. And he does occasionally bring courtesy. His response about Brey was decent, to say the least.

But this post of his is clearly trashing Hog recruits. (I even hesitated to 'quote' it...but you guys can edit it out if you like).

He SAYS he's not bashing our recruits...right after he's bashed our recruits.

Yes, we do sometimes bash HIS recruits on here...but this is a HOG board. We aren't (at least I hope we're not)...going to HIS board and bashing HIS recruits. He doesn't need to be doing that on our board either.

Okay...I feel better now.

pitbull1

nextlevel

Quote from: pitbull1 on July 06, 2010, 01:30:08 pm
Hall, I believe is 2* at best. 

With offers from powerhouses Mississippi and Missouri?

5*

I read that so far all of Mississippi's recruits have one thing in common, no offer from their home state school. True?
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

olemissbydamn

July 06, 2010, 01:38:57 pm #73 Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:43:46 pm by olemissbydamn
Quote from: steefhog on July 06, 2010, 01:23:43 pm

I figured you (and the other Mods) are big boys and can take of yourselves.

But THIS....

....bothered me. A lot.

OMBD does occasionally bring up to minute info. And he does occasionally bring courtesy. His response about Brey was decent, to say the least.

But this post of his is clearly trashing Hog recruits. (I even hesitated to 'quote' it...but you guys can edit it out if you like).

He SAYS he's not bashing our recruits...right after he's bashed our recruits.

Yes, we do sometimes bash HIS recruits on here...but this is a HOG board. We aren't (at least I hope we're not)...going to HIS board and bashing HIS recruits. He doesn't need to be doing that on our board either.

Okay...I feel better now.

It's NOT bashing your recruits.

If your own posters mention lack of certain offers as proof of OM's poor recruiting, it's certainly fair to point out that your recruits have even less impressive offers. Offers are not indicative of on field success necessarily...See Patrick Willis.

My point is the old pot and kettle analogy. I wouldn't go bashing another team's recruit's offers if my recruits had less offers. That is unless you want to look like a delusional homer.

And there is no point in me responding to Oklahog's post, as it is obvious that he will delete any post that proves him wrong. But it is easy for me to see how such an important position such as moderator of a message board could go to one's head.

beansandtaters

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 01:38:57 pm

If your own posters mention lack of certain offers as proof of OM's poor recruiting, it's certainly fair to point out that your recruits have even less impressive offers. Offers are not indicative of on field success necessarily...See Patrick Willis.

My point is the old pot and kettle analogy. I wouldn't go bashing another team's recruit's offers if my recruits had less offers. That is unless you want to look like a delusional homer.

And there is no point in me responding to Oklahog's post, as it is obvious that he will delete any post that proves him wrong. But it is easy for me to see how such an important position such as moderator of a message board could go to one's head.

your new linebacker competes in midget wrestling.

The Hogfather

Quote from: beansandtaters on July 06, 2010, 01:52:22 pm
your new linebacker competes in midget wrestling.

Only in the lightweight division....

beansandtaters

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 06, 2010, 02:00:35 pm
Only in the lightweight division....

cue KC_Hawg and hog19911 to tell us how mean we are to OMBD.

Steef

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 01:38:57 pm

You still don't get it.

The reason I don't mind comments about OM's recruits on this board, is because it's unlikely those 17 yr. olds for OM...are reading this board.

Hog recruits...are.

Which is why I have no issue with you bashing Hog recruits on YOUR board. And why I would have a problem if anyone from here went to your board and bashed YOUR recruits.

'Cause I don't want the kids reading our trash talk.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: steefhog on July 06, 2010, 02:03:51 pm
You still don't get it.

The reason I don't mind comments about OM's recruits on this board, is because it's unlikely those 17 yr. olds for OM...are reading this board.

Hog recruits...are.

Which is why I have no issue with you bashing Hog recruits on YOUR board. And why I would have a problem if anyone from here went to your board and bashed YOUR recruits.

'Cause I don't want the kids reading our trash talk.

Is it bashing Mitch Smothers to say that Auburn, UCLA, and OK St offered him? No.

Is it bashing Keante Minor to say that Arkansas and Kansas are his only offers thus far? No.

You act as though those recruits are unaware of their own offer list, if they are reading.

What I said was factual and not rumor. And it certainly wasn't bashing.

nextlevel

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 02:13:13 pm
Is it bashing Mitch Smothers to say that Auburn, UCLA, and OK St offered him? No.

Is it bashing Keante Minor to say that Arkansas and Kansas are his only offers thus far? No.

You act as though those recruits are unaware of their own offer list, if they are reading.

QuoteWhoa. Your tone. Its all wrong.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

beansandtaters

http://nafoom.yuku.com/forums/1

here ya go. i bet these guys wanna hear all your pearls of wisdom. AND you can even curse each other. It's a classy board with a lot of smart, cool people.

razorback44

Quote from: beansandtaters on July 06, 2010, 02:23:13 pm
http://nafoom.yuku.com/forums/1

here ya go. i bet these guys wanna hear all your pearls of wisdom. AND you can even curse each other. It's a classy board with a lot of smart, cool people.

OMBD is already a regular at Nafoom.   
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

olemissbydamn

Quote from: razorback44 on July 06, 2010, 02:25:30 pm
OMBD is already a regular at Nafoom.

One of the first few members. I like this board for the sports, especially football, talk.

And 44 is always welcome on nafoom. Tell 'em 44, we even give FIS (Prewitt possibly) hell.

razorback44

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 06, 2010, 02:47:56 pm
One of the first few members. I like this board for the sports, especially football, talk.

And 44 is always welcome on nafoom. Tell 'em 44, we even give FIS (Prewitt possibly) hell.

Ha! Yes, this is very true.  FIS is an interesting character for sure.  You know youre a bad poster when everyone on a message board, Hogs and Rebs alike, give you hell.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Steef

If you talk about a recruit's offers as if he should have had more...or imply that he couldn't have more...then yes, you mean it as an insult.

And you WERE trying to be insulting. Just because they're facts, doesn't mean you can't wield them hurtfully. And you were trying to do just that.

You need to decide if you want to be taken seriously on here...or just pick fights. Right now...it's looking a little schizophrenic.

Oklahawg

OMBD, I give credit when it is deserved. I also have no problem deleting posts that aren't appropriate for the board. Rarely are those from UA fans. See, you have a higher threshhold for decorum.

I mean this as a compliment coupled with an attempt at an honest assessment: your posting style reminds me of Ross Perot when he ran for president. It goes something like this:

Fact.

Good Point.

Fact.

Interesting Notion.

Subtle Political Dig.

Good Point.

Bat-stuff crazy, out of left field, UFO's control my brain, I'm really a border collie used in doggie porn stuff.

Fact.

Good Point.

Etc.

You go along and do okay and then you do something stupid. My job is to remove the "stupid". When your "stupid" takes out after a mod (me, someone else) you'll have to deal with the (false) conclusion that its about a slam against Oklahawg.

beansandtaters

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 05:22:28 pm
No need to apologize.  The Razorback Foundation, Frank Broyles and especially my wife, would probably very much disagree with you.  I am sure this won't convince you as I must be part of some grand conspiracy to fool Hogville:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=296176.msg4317773#msg4317773

I attended that game with my youngest son, and he wanted to go back so badly this year (unfortunately, two 12th inning heartbreaking games ended that dream).

Maybe take a moment and think that there may be a group of Hog Fans out there who actually don't hate Houston Nutt or Ole Miss just because he coaches there.  Don't get me wrong, I want to beat them as bad as anyone.  Nothing gets me angrier than thinking about his 18 wins his last two years at Arkansas being repeated at Ole Miss the following two years while they beat us in both years.  Eating crow is not something I enjoy, and we have had plenty pushed in our direction for two years.

But this could be the year we finally shove that plate of crow in the other direction.

You can question my being a Razorback Fan all you want.  It's a free country.  But I think you are wrong.  Just my opinion though - worth as much as yours, I guess.

Good point. We should never forget that there are idiot fans out there who still don't see the mess Houston nutt left of our program by the time he had had a decade to construct his national
championship. You always provide a reminder of that.

The Hogfather

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 05:22:28 pm
Maybe take a moment and think that there may be a group of Hog Fans out there who actually don't hate Houston Nutt or Ole Miss just because he coaches there.

I'm one of them.  You just seem different than the Hog fans out here who actually don't hate Houston Nutt or Ole Miss just because he coaches there....

The Hogfather

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 05:22:28 pmEating crow is not something I enjoy, and we have had plenty pushed in our direction for two years.

It's not like you couldn't see that coming, with the talent he left us and the talent Orgeron left him. 

Oklahawg

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 09:59:18 pm
You can put salt, sugar and ketchup on the crow, but it still tastes like crap.  I am looking for a porterhouse this year, and I would like to enjoy it.

No matter how you fix it, crow is crow.

Oklahawg

KC Hawg, its really simple - if you don't get the deeper details by now then you never will. If you do, they are not shining through in your articulate rant a few posts back.

I think the following assessment is fair:
1. Nutt left little behind and inherited a lot. That 2008 game was really close.
2. Nutt proved in 2009 that he'll always have the Rebs up for the Hogs. He out-motivated the Hogs that night.

I don't expect Petrino will let either of those things happen again - a close game, or the Rebs being able to use a motivational speech to out-do the Hogs.

BTW, your post is not what I expect from a Hog-first fan. If that is your intent, cool. If not, think about it :)

beansandtaters

Quote from: KC_Hawg link=topic=349716.msg5227714#msg5227714 date=

I just hope it's this year, because if it doesn't happen this year, I don't see it happening the following year in Oxford - assuming Nutt is still there.  We need to reestablish our dominance over Ole Miss, and this is the year to start doing that. 

one thing I hate and deplore is a liar. You are a liar. You do not hope the razorbacks beat nutt this year. Just state the truth coward. Type that you are a nutt fan and would root for him if he was the antichrist.

Steef

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 06, 2010, 10:09:51 pm
KC Hawg, its really simple - if you don't get the deeper details by now then you never will. If you do, they are not shining through in your articulate rant a few posts back.

I think the following assessment is fair:
1. Nutt left little behind and inherited a lot. That 2008 game was really close.
2. Nutt proved in 2009 that he'll always have the Rebs up for the Hogs. He out-motivated the Hogs that night.

I don't expect Petrino will let either of those things happen again - a close game, or the Rebs being able to use a motivational speech to out-do the Hogs.

BTW, your post is not what I expect from a Hog-first fan. If that is your intent, cool. If not, think about it :)

Agree with all of this. KC is just wrong. Probably well intentioned. But wrong.

Last year's debacle in Oxford wasn't just about coaching. It SHOULD have been closer and part of that is on Coach P. Part of it is motivation.

But part of it was timing. We'd just left everything we had in Tallahassee...and got beat by the zebras. We were flat in Oxford. Now...that's also the Coach's job to overcome that...and guess what? Coach P said exactly that. In his post-game...he said he'd failed to get the kids out of their funk.

olemissbydamn

Quote from: steefhog on July 06, 2010, 10:40:01 pm
Agree with all of this. KC is just wrong. Probably well intentioned. But wrong.

Last year's debacle in Oxford wasn't just about coaching. It SHOULD have been closer and part of that is on Coach P. Part of it is motivation.

But part of it was timing. We'd just left everything we had in Tallahassee...and got beat by the zebras. We were flat in Oxford. Now...that's also the Coach's job to overcome that...and guess what? Coach P said exactly that. In his post-game...he said he'd failed to get the kids out of their funk.

KC laid it out pretty well. You guys love to pretend everyone knew we had a load of talent COMING INTO 2008. The fact is, we were coming off a 3-9 (0-8 SEC) season. The three wins were over Memphis (by 2 pts), Northwestern St (by a TD), and LA Tech. We had lost 18 of the last 20 SEC games we played. We were picked to finish last or next to last in the West by the media in 2008. Everybody thought Orgeron had improved our talent, but nobody thought we had "great" talent until Nutt won 9 games. We certainly weren't thought to have better talent than the SEC's upper 6 programs, yet we finished the season in the upper 6. The "rebels are loaded with talent" talk didn't begin until the stretch run of 2008 when we destroyed LSU & MSU. Most people were predicting 6 wins and a minor bowl game at best for us coming into 2009. Here is a smapling of what people thought of Ole Miss coming into the 2008 season...

http://www.gatortailgating.com/content/2008-season-preview-4-ole-miss-rebels

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/2008conferencepreviews/tp/preview-SEC.htm

http://cfn.scout.com/2/752011.html

http://www.mrsec.com/2008/05/summer-preview-ole-miss/

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/season_preview_2008_sec_media.html

So let's quit trying to rewrite history to fit your argument. Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to change the discussion after you see the results. Just like it's easy for you guys to rationalize your last two seasons and losses to us. Like KC alluded to, be a man and quit making excuses. Afterall, a genius should have been able to beat a monkey with a whistle in one of the last two seasons.

Steef

You're trying to be offensive again. Stop it.

Re-read my last post. It doesn't say anything about monkeys. There was even a left handed compliment to your coach. And there surely WAS an objective responsibility laid at Coach P's feet.

So your scorn is misplaced.

I've never said your coach was a terrible coach. I HAVE said he's not got great character.

He's a mid-tier coach in the s e c, which is no small thing.

He did deliberately do damage to our program on the way out the door. But we had made it clear we didn't like him, so the angst was two sided.

While coaching did play a part in the last two losses we've had to you, it wasn't the only factor. You & KC seem to think it was.

I'm not the one with rose glasses on.

Petrino's efforts will begin to show themselves this season, as they should for a third year coach.

YOUR third year coach is already making excuses for the upcoming season. So let me tell you what to expect. He will coach and lead and sunshine-pump his way through enough games to get another contract extension, at which time he wil start coasting. Because winning isn't his goal. Staying employed...is.

Why do you think ou Hogs were so ill-prepared for all those bowl games?

beansandtaters

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 11:14:37 pm
Okay, fellas.  Like I said, neither side is going to give in.  You point to whatever it is you want to point to, and I'll point to the scoreboard.

As far as my allegiences, let's just see where I send my oldest son to play college ball.  It doesn't matter to me who the coach is, and it doesn't matter how many people in our fanbase call me an idiot, a coward, a liar, or wish death upon me or members of my family, I will always be a Razorback fan regardless or in spite of those things.  I certainly don't love the Razorbacks because I am proud of the people on Hogville or the fringe of our fanbase. 

Why don't YOU think about that?  Why don't YOU consider what things have been said on this message board? 

If that is your intent, cool.  If not, think about it   :D  Amazing how that tactic works both ways, isn't it?

I cheer for my Alma Mater.  I bleed Razorback Red, and my son will be wearing a Razorback Jersey absent some major problem with the University of Arkansas' program.

With that, my participation in this conversation is over.  I know what I know, and you are very much allowed to have and/or state your own opinions.  But when it delves into adolecent name-calling or personal attacks, I lose interest quickly.  Enjoy our mob mentality and fire away.  I am moving on.

you didn't exactly respond to my challenge. admit your TRUE allegiances. be honest. it's not so hard. admit that the ole miss v. arkansas games of the last two seasons have made you happy. there's no doubt about it from reading your posts. the outcome of those games gave credence to your "i told you so" persona on this message board.

The Hogfather

Quote from: KC_Hawg on July 06, 2010, 11:14:37 pm
You point to whatever it is you want to point to, and I'll point to the scoreboard.

Seriously, what Arkansas fan says stuff like this?

The Hogfather

Quote from: olemissbydamn on July 07, 2010, 08:23:44 am
We were picked to finish last or next to last in the West by the media in 2008.

Welp, that pretty much ends this conversation.   ::)

beansandtaters

Quote from: The Hogfather on July 07, 2010, 09:01:10 am
Seriously, what Arkansas fan says stuff like this?

he's not an Arkansas fan. his problem is that the more he tries to convince, the more he types things like your quote which prove that he's not. "thou doth protest too much".