Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damian Williams hurt in fan collision - do not click if not interested

Started by rabrya, April 01, 2008, 09:53:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sao Ming

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

lighthouse127

I hope Damian's injury is very minor and quick healing.  However, I have to admit that I struggle with being consistent with these guys.

I claim to support them because they are Arkansas boys, they left under circumstances beyond their control, and so I want them to do well against everyone except us.

But then someone reminded me that Houston Nutt was an Arkansas boy, player, and coach.  He transferred as a player under circumstances beyond his control, and yet I want him to absolutely fall on his face at Ole Miss.  I don't want them to win a single game.

i guess in the interest of consistency, I hope that none of the guys are injured, or things like that, but I am just going to be consistent and hope that all parties involved lose their games.  Especially Nutt!!!

Lighthouse

eddyhog

I don't understand the comparison. Mustain and Williams did not come back to Arkansas pretending to "love the helmet" and proceed to dupe the fans while feeding their own egos. My feelings about Nutt have nothing to do with his status as an ex Hog years ago. From what I understand he was a below average college athlete who had very limited success at Arkansas and Okie State. Ancient history. Today he's a bitter, angry man who went to Ole Miss to get revenge on Arkansas fans who he believes ran him off. Bring it on Houston Dale.

hoghearted

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

snortyann

Scott E.

Quote from: stupig on April 02, 2008, 08:07:02 pm
This site will keep you updated on USC practice and players- Click Me

That's a great site.  Ben keeps that blog very current with links to external articles as well as pictures and stuff. 

I've got an update thread going in General Sports for anyone interested in keeping up with MM & DW...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=156708.0

Doggtown31LCC

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 01, 2008, 10:31:34 am
The guys are from Arkansas and some of us like to hear about them.  End of discussion.  If you don't want to read about it, don't click on the thread.

exactly, if you turn the tv on at home and there's something crappy on, do you change the channel or sit their and b_tch at the TV. nevermind they're are somethings people just can't get through their head, now i've fallin into his trap.
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1
Superman wears Joe Adams pajamas

Doggtown31LCC

i like hearing about any kids from arkansas, razorbacks or not. i want them to succeed, just not against the hogs
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1

snortyann

Doggtown31LCC

i like hearing about any kids from arkansas, razorbacks or not. i want them to succeed, just not against the hogs
L. Courtney Click
Winthrop Wolves #1

Merle Hawggard

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 02, 2008, 09:41:19 am
But I would be upset if I tuned into to watch ESPN and they had Gilligan's Island marathon on.  Kind of like coming to Hogville and constantly seeing information about USC.   If I want to watch sitcom telivision I'l go to the appropriate station.  If I want information about USC I'll go to their website. 

you cant win if you say something bad about mustain or williams. heck my last post got booted and all i said was "zzzzzz". in fact, you better read fast cause this one will be history in 3...2...1....bye bye now!!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

baydor

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 01, 2008, 10:26:44 am
I wish the kid all the best but this is a Razorback board and we are getting updates on minor injuries from USC. Didn't think my post was worthy of getting deleted. Its a ligitimate point. Why talk about insignificant happenings at USC when Razorback Spring Practice is upon us. Seems like some folks just can't let go.

Agreed.  This post should be moved to the Non-Razorback forum. 
"Everybody has a plan...until they get punched in the mouth"  --Mike Tyson

10thPlanet

My post is about the topic. If USC doesn't allow fans and boosters on the sidelines during practice, where will the players pick up their paperwork for the free/reduced rent houses?
Seriously, I hope DW is ok.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I looked at the pic of practice on that site.  Pictures can be misleading but I swear Mitch looks like he has added about 20 lbs.  Has the look of a d-1 qb
Let's make some waves.

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: baydor on April 03, 2008, 12:04:54 am
Agreed.  This post should be moved to the Non-Razorback forum. 
Is that really what's bothering you? You read the title of the thread, you knew what forum it was posted in, but yet you chose to make a comment anyway that has nothing to do with MM or DW. Google "American Deaths in Iraq" and read about something truly earth shattering and life changing. Rant off.

kitshicker

I've been reading this thread for the last 2 days and finally decided to chime in.
All you folks whining about this not being Razorback related need to get a life. There are currently at least 6 threads in MMQB (on the first page) that are not Hog related, and not a single person has moaned about it in those threads. Admit it, the only reason people are whining is because the thread is about MM and DW.
That's my rant for the day. ;)

Wayne Watson

Quote from: kitshicker on April 03, 2008, 12:42:36 pm
I've been reading this thread for the last 2 days and finally decided to chime in.
All you folks whining about this not being Razorback related need to get a life. There are currently at least 6 threads in MMQB (on the first page) that are not Hog related, and not a single person has moaned about it in those threads. Admit it, the only reason people are whining is because the thread is about MM and DW.

And a very nice one at that! +1
We don't rent pigs

Silver Hog

Quote from: hogfanintx on April 03, 2008, 07:41:59 am
I looked at the pic of practice on that site.  Pictures can be misleading but I swear Mitch looks like he has added about 20 lbs.  Has the look of a d-1 qb

it is probably a blessing for him that he escaped the Quarterback Killa!

hogsanity

Quote from: kitshicker on April 03, 2008, 12:42:36 pm

NO, I would be complaining, but I was told by a mod to stop, well, asked by a mod to stop.  So I did. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Not surprising you would complain, but I've been watching non-Hog threads vs MM threads for a while, for the specific reason of watching complaints. 

The results?

People don't complain about those non-Hog threads.  They complain, almost EVERY SINGLE TIME a Mitch or Damian thread pops up.  And then hide behind "this is a Razorback board" excuse. 

HogSophist

Quote from: hogsanity on April 01, 2008, 10:25:12 am
Wasn't it at Colorado spring ball a couple years ago that a WR crushed a small child, cutting the kids head open?  All the while the kids dad was standing blabbering on a cell phone.  Glad DW or the kid were not hurt seriously.

I remember the video, scary as heck to watch.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

HogSophist

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 02, 2008, 09:41:19 am
But I would be upset if I tuned into to watch ESPN and they had Gilligan's Island marathon on.  Kind of like coming to Hogville and constantly seeing information about USC.   If I want to watch sitcom telivision I'l go to the appropriate station.  If I want information about USC I'll go to their website. 

Then why do comment on Matt Jones on Hogville? Shouldnt you go to the Jags site?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

hogsanity

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on April 03, 2008, 02:42:18 pm
You got it.  No one complains when there is a quality thread discussing a particular SEC team or even other ones.

INCONSISTENT!

As I said, yesterday, this thread was fine, discussing people being that close to the field, but, when someone had to post the video from the 2006 USC game, it turned into another re-hash of the same re-hash, of something that can not be changed.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 03, 2008, 02:46:12 pm
As I said, yesterday, this thread was fine, discussing people being that close to the field, but, when someone had to post the video from the 2006 USC game, it turned into another re-hash of the same re-hash, of something that can not be changed.

You can't accept the fact that DW could have been one of the greatest WR at Arkansas if we had a passing game.  Would you like some some cheese with that whine?  LOL
We don't rent pigs

BEvERage

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 03, 2008, 02:51:27 pm
You can't accept the fact that DW could have been one of the greatest WR at Arkansas if we had a passing game.  Would you like some some cheese with that whine?  LOL
or the fact that we have moderators on here stirring the shiite pot.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: BEvERage on April 03, 2008, 02:53:35 pm
or the fact that we have moderators on here stirring the shiite pot.

What ever........................  :puke:
We don't rent pigs

The Marmot

Come on Wayne, don't be a part of the "could have been" crowd. The past is past.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Marmot

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: BEvERage on April 03, 2008, 02:53:35 pm
or the fact that we have moderaters members on here stirring the shiite pot.
fixed that for you

BEvERage

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on April 03, 2008, 03:29:22 pm
fixed that for you
due to the fact that he specifically called out hogsanity and that wayne is a moderator, i think my original post does not need fixing. thanks anyway, mr. sc-razor.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: The Marmot on April 03, 2008, 03:10:03 pm
Come on Wayne, don't be a part of the "could have been" crowd. The past is past.

LMAO!  You know I did that has a barb to the people that were b!tching about the thread being in MMQB.  Yeah, I know...Connie says I have a sick sense of humor.   :D
We don't rent pigs

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: BEvERage on April 03, 2008, 03:43:43 pm
due to the fact that he specifically called out hogsanity and that wayne is a moderator, i think my original post does not need fixing. thanks anyway, mr. sc-razor.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Marmot

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 03, 2008, 03:48:29 pm
LMAO!  You know I did that has a barb to the people that were b!tching about the thread being in MMQB.  Yeah, I know...Connie says I have a sick sense of humor.   :D

Gotcha... didnt sense the sarcasm in that one.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

hogsanity

Yes, he could have been.  He also could have blown a knee out last spring and never played again, had he stayed.  We can deal in what ifs all day long, but how about facts:

1.  DW is at USC

2.  MM is at USC

3.  HDN is at Ole misses

4.  Bobby Petrino and 100+ players ARE HERE.

As for this thread, in particular.  If it was supposed to be about the past and DW, then it should have been titled as such.  Instead, it ws titled " Damian Williams hurt in fan collision".  It was a good thread, as long as it stuck to that.

I still think it is funny that the only people who bring up HDN are those who were so passionate in pursuing his ouster.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 03, 2008, 03:59:57 pm
Yes, he could have been.  He also could have blown a knee out last spring and never played again, had he stayed.  We can deal in what ifs all day long, but how about facts:

1.  DW is at USC

2.  MM is at USC

3.  HDN is at Ole misses

4.  Bobby Petrino and 100+ players ARE HERE.

As for this thread, in particular.  If it was supposed to be about the past and DW, then it should have been titled as such.  Instead, it ws titled " Damian Williams hurt in fan collision".  It was a good thread, as long as it stuck to that.

I still think it is funny that the only people who bring up HDN are those who were so passionate in pursuing his ouster.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=212680.msg3315208#msg3315208
We don't rent pigs

kitshicker

If i'm not mistaken, no one has brought up TCTWF in this thread.

That is until you did, of course. :)

hogsanity

Quote from: kitshicker on April 03, 2008, 04:05:29 pm

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=212680.msg3311027#msg3311027

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: kitshicker on April 03, 2008, 04:05:29 pm

This thread has gotten even more entertaining since it was completely de-railed anyway:)

ESPNhater

I think this statement is a bit of a stretch!!!!!  ALL TIME???

The Marmot

Quote from: ESPNhater on April 03, 2008, 04:22:17 pm

No one else noticed the sarcasm in Wayne's statement, but its there.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Wayne Watson

Where did you see "ALL TIME"? 
We don't rent pigs

hogsanity

No, he COULD have been.  When Sparky Hamilton arrived he COULD have been one of the best all time as well. 

However, neither were. 

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 03, 2008, 04:23:51 pm
No, he COULD have been.  When Sparky Hamilton arrived he COULD have been one of the best all time as well. 

However, neither were. 

Listen to this....

http://www.arsnonline.com/multimedia/football/2001/html/53.php
We don't rent pigs

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: hogsanity on April 03, 2008, 04:23:51 pm

However, neither were. 
When you wake up each morning do you have no recollection of the day before or anythimg that has happened in the past and wish something might have gone the other way or have been different? Maybe not, but most people do and part of the healing process (or getting over it process) is to talk about it. And I understand your problem with the thread title and the video.

hogsanity

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on April 03, 2008, 04:34:07 pm
When you wake up each morning do you have no recollection of the day before or anythimg that has happened in the past and wish something might have gone the other way or have been different? Maybe not, but most people do and part of the healing process (or getting over it process) is to talk about it. And I understand your problem with the thread title and the video.

Of course I do, but, if they cant be changed, why continue to dwell on them?  Plus, the DW/MM did not happen yesterday, they happened over a year ago.  I understood the endless wailing and gnashing of teeth right after it happened, I thought it was pointless, but I understood it.  What I do not understand is the continued fixation on it.  As I said to a mod, at one point yesterday 7 of the first 10 threads on mmqb had to do with the former coach or former players. 

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hogsanity on April 03, 2008, 04:41:23 pm
Of course I do, but, if they cant be changed, why continue to dwell on them?  Plus, the DW/MM did not happen yesterday, they happened over a year ago.  I understood the endless wailing and gnashing of teeth right after it happened, I thought it was pointless, but I understood it.  What I do not understand is the continued fixation on it.  As I said to a mod, at one point yesterday 7 of the first 10 threads on mmqb had to do with the former coach or former players. 

No offense but when you get to be a mod you can correct that.  Until then.....................
We don't rent pigs