Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MUSTAIN / WILLIAMS UPDATE THREAD

Started by Scott E., September 20, 2007, 08:05:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott E.

September 20, 2007, 08:05:37 am Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:41:58 pm by KEYS
I get PMs regularly from people asking, so I thought I'd just post it here in General Sports so the Kool Aid bloggers don't attack it being on the main page of a Razorback board...

http://www.pe.com/sports/college/usc/stories/PE_Sports_Local_D_usc_notes_20.3ea90ab.html

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_6942865

KEYS

PorcineSublime

Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Anon2

What happened to this or a similar thread on MMQB?

wriwa

Thanks Keys. 

I have been looking for the Mitch Update thread as well.  I guess this is it???

Kilgor

He's throwing to better receivers on the scout team at USC than he would be starting here.  I mean Reggie Fish is starting and a freshman is getting a lot of reps at receiver. 

Also, USC's #1 defense that he practices against is better than all, but one (LSU) we will see this year.

Pete Carroll versus Houston Nutt.

It was a good move for Mustain to leave the snake pit Houston Nutt created here.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Scott E.

I think he's going to do great out there.  Of course, some might suggest I'm a little biased too.  8)

hillhog

Appreciate the update, keep them coming. Wish MM the best, would have been great to have had him here.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Thanks KEYS.  We will never forget.  We will ALWAYS be MM fans!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

deucea729

Quote from: Anon2 on September 20, 2007, 10:35:45 am
What happened to this or a similar thread on MMQB?

Looks like it just got bumped off the front page with all the ruckus from this weekend.

Oh well - KEYS, tell Mitch he's still got a ton of fans here in Arkansas that will pull for him his entire career, and that we are truly saddened by the way he was treated here.

bigyellowdog

Thanks for the update.  What could have been....I really hate Dale and Teresa.

Tomhog™

And to think that the program was headed in the right direction with a blue-chip QB, an OC that knows X's and O's and how to spread the field using the best players available.  It's funny how one man (Nutt) has totally derailed the future of the program.  This will hurt for years to come.

Since 1894

Thanks for the links.

So Keys, are you still a HND supporter???

;D ;D
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

gatecrasher

Mustain was HDN's QB!!!!!!!!!!!

Gus Malzhan was the OC that could have brought the balance on offense that I said was vital to the Hogs' success this season.

Instead, we have a junior high-caliber DICK at QB, and a one-dimensional offense.....AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

FIRE THE PIECE OF s**t!!!!!!!!!!!

KEYS, please tell Mitch he now has fans from both Cali AND Arkansas!!!!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

earlenehawg

I will be rooting for all the Arkansas kids at USC, we will see them playing on
Sundays someday

deltahogfan

Thanks! Please keep us posted. I read another article about Mitch in which he stated" i picked up a lot of bad habits last year."  Wish him nothing but the best.
FIRE THE DORK! :)
Those who get there first with the most.

Scott E.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_6975110

"The blowout finally allowed Booty's backup, Mark Sanchez, to play, and he threw an interception in three attempts, which will no doubt embolden the Mitch Mustain fans looking toward next spring's quarterback battle."

Quote from: KEYS on September 27, 2007, 05:17:31 pm

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_6975110

"The blowout finally allowed Booty's backup, Mark Sanchez, to play, and he threw an interception in three attempts, which will no doubt embolden the Mitch Mustain fans looking toward next spring's quarterback battle."

Awesome.

Hogs-n-Roses

Thankx for the updates! Keep em comin.

lunchbox72703

I wish the kid well.  I'm Really Embarrised that his first college pick treated him this badly.

......but then again, I'm jealous of the young kid cuz you know he's livin it up with the Cali Girls at USC.  Mama Beck better get her shotgun!!!

Scott E.

Fumblerooski turns into a rugy game at the end of practice Monday...

"While Looking for Football Practice, a Rugby Match Broke Out

Mondays are typically the lightest day of practice. At the end of the day while Mitch Mustain scrambled to gain yardage, he fumbled the football. What ensued was comical to behold. The offense kept scooping the ball up then started a series of laterals. Reminiscent of that famed game between Stanford and California, the teams enjoyed chasing each other across the field and back. Practice ended on this fun note."

http://ucla.scout.com/a.z?s=12&p=2&c=686173

"Football is fun, sir."

Scott E.

Shoulders must be healing nicely...

#18 Damian Williams

Here's that other fella...

#16 Mitch Mustain

Scott E.

Booty's boo-boo giving Sanchez a shot...  Mitchell's gonna have a little higher hurdle to leap this spring.

http://www.laobserved.com/sports/2007/10/quarterback_quandaries.php

PigPusher

Quote from: deltahogfan on September 27, 2007, 03:14:11 pm
Thanks! Please keep us posted. I read another article about Mitch in which he stated" i picked up a lot of bad habits last year."  Wish him nothing but the best.

When did he say this?  Do you have a link.  It does not sound like Mitch.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Scott E.

Quote from: PigPusher on October 09, 2007, 10:45:10 pm

He said it during an interview.  8)  Honesty.  Yes, that does sound like Mitch.

Scott E.

Conway Cool Daddy

Thanks Keys.

Be sure and let Mitch know he still is being cheered by fans in Arkansas.
I can't wait to see him play again.

PigPusher

Quote from: KEYS on October 09, 2007, 10:47:47 pm

I have never heard Mitch express himself like that. Of course that is not to say he wouldn't.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

5 little pigs

Great for those two players, what a shame they aren't starring at Arkansas and we're STILL stuck with this sorry excuse for a head coach!

PigPusher

Quote from: 5 little pigs on October 10, 2007, 10:56:56 am
Great for those two players, what a shame they aren't starring at Arkansas and we're STILL stuck with this sorry excuse for a head coach!

Not room in town for more that one hero.  Nutt already is in that position sayeth his ego.

Scott E.

Quote from: PigPusher on October 10, 2007, 10:53:32 am
Quote from: KEYS on October 09, 2007, 10:47:47 pm

I have never heard Mitch express himself like that. Of course that is not to say he wouldn't.

http://media.www.dailytrojan.com/media/storage/paper679/news/2007/09/26/Sports/The-Life.And.Times.Of.Mitch.Mustain-2992276.shtml

deucea729

Quote from: KEYS on October 04, 2007, 08:35:48 pm
Shoulders must be healing nicely...

#18 Damian Williams

Here's that other fella...

#16 Mitch Mustain

Would ya look at that.  Even Mitch is wearing a black shirt these days.  :)

Scott E.

October 10, 2007, 10:24:29 pm #33 Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 01:50:03 pm by KEYS
Quote from: deucea729 on October 10, 2007, 10:18:46 pm
Would ya look at that.  Even Mitch is wearing a black shirt these days.  :)

Ha!  Great observation!!!

-------------------------

other info:  http://realhognews.blogspot.com/

shirts:  www.getmitchslapped.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgG6B7D_gWo

earlenehawg

Thanks KEYS, I have to agree with the article.  I think Mitch may be the starter next year.

hawaiianhogster

Thanks again. Notre Dame played just as bad as Ole Miss. No wonder Sanchez did so well. Booty makes better decisions. I bet Mitch beats him out next year. I bet Sanchez does something stupid again but is found guilty.

Scott E.

I'll keep scouring the net for updates.  Generally, it's tough to find a whole lot about a redshirt player on the scout team, but when there is something, I'll link it here.

I'm guessing articles will be abundant next spring.

hillhog

Quote from: KEYS on September 21, 2007, 02:21:38 pm
I think he's going to do great out there.  Of course, some might suggest I'm a little biased too.  8)
Many of us are, all in hopes that MM will suceed at USC and again prove what a moron the Dork is.

hillhog

Quote from: PigPusher on October 10, 2007, 02:21:28 pm
Quote from: 5 little pigs on October 10, 2007, 10:56:56 am

Not room in town for more that one hero.  Nutt already is in that position sayeth his ego.
I think this is the very reason JFB ran off Holtz and Hatfield, they were challenging his ego as the best coach the Hogs ever had with his "NC".
All hires since has been safe in that they were not a threat to Broyles "legacy" of being so great. Dork certainly is holding up his end of that bargain.

Scott E.

LMAO!!!  Mitch credited for a sack on Saturday!!!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/cfootballnews.asp?articleID=42217

Oregon State was threatening in the third quarter as the team drove deep into USC territory, but on a 4th-and-2 at the four-yard line, Canfield was sacked by Mitch Mustain and USC got the ball back.

dhornjr1

Quote from: KEYS on November 04, 2007, 06:41:02 pm
LMAO!!!  Mitch credited for a sack on Saturday!!!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/cfootballnews.asp?articleID=42217

Oregon State was threatening in the third quarter as the team drove deep into USC territory, but on a 4th-and-2 at the four-yard line, Canfield was sacked by Mitch Mustain and USC got the ball back.

DAMN!

That kid can do EVERYTHING! ;)

mword

bigbrotha

He does throw a great ball.  Touch with arm strength well beyond his years.  Running scout team will help him with his reads.  His team was so dominant in high school he never had to read many defenses.  Then he got to Arkansas and all pass plays were one receiver routes.   I questioned his decision at first, but it looks like he chose the right place.  I hope he makes it bittersweet.

Scott E.

I sent an email to a sports reporter at the LA Times to see what he thought about Mitch's chances.  My email is in blue; his reply is red...

My assessement is that, barring injury, it is a lock. He will be the next guy here for three years.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:44 PM
Subject: Mustain's chances at USC

I've read some of your columns while trying to keep up with Mitchell.  Based on what you've seen / heard, how would you assess his chances of earning the starting position next fall?

Scott E.

November 16, 2007, 10:09:42 am #47 Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 11:02:51 am by KEYS
Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 16, 2007, 10:08:38 am
I hate Nutt !

Ditto!  But I am happy for Mitch... he's in a better place for his talents.

Pete Carroll:

"Every time they (Mustain and Williams) hookup on something special, which we have seen a bunch of during service team, we always give them a hard time about the Springdale connection," said Carroll. "They are both very talented."

http://california.scout.com/a.z?s=166&p=2&c=701930

hogblade

But wait a minute, that's not what Teresa thought?

Choctaw Hog

November 16, 2007, 10:22:43 am #49 Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 10:38:11 am by Choctaw Hog
If we had run Nutt's A$$ out or Arkansas last year, or before, like we should have, I believe Mitch, Damian, Gus and Company would still be Hogs.  Nutt should be "Mitch Slapped" frequently for allowing this to happen. 

Hugger Enablers, you are partially to blame for this with your idiotic support!  Thanks and I hope you all have enjoyed this season and the damage your support for Nutt has brought on the program.  It will take a coach with strong leadership skills and years to repair.