Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nick Saban in Greenwood today

Started by moondog, May 10, 2007, 05:34:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs R Us

Quote from: dkwvike on May 10, 2007, 06:14:40 pm
Nutt will wait on Pete Carroll's evaluation to see if he'll drive an hour down the road.
That was stupid.

Boner

As far as offers go, its no suprise that the guy who is available is being recruited more than the guy who's already a solid commit.  But most of you already know that is common sense.

You know if Wilson was committed and Youngblood was being offered by multiple schools, people would be pissed that HDN wasn't recruiting Youngblood enough.

They both seem to be solid QB recruits, but you'd really be putting your eggs in the "please don't take a lucrative baseball contract" basket if you took both.  Right now, they had to chose one.

And if they're both even, let's not forget that Youngblood has some talented teammates that we'd like to get.

Rod6275

Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 10, 2007, 05:35:19 pm
He's due in Monday.

I thought I heard certain people on here say that our HC doesn't really recruit, he just supervises and oversees everyone else recruiting? :)
Go Hogs Go!

dacskc

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 10, 2007, 09:49:44 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 10, 2007, 05:35:19 pm
He's due in Monday.

I thought I heard certain people on here say that our HC doesn't really recruit, he just supervises and oversees everyone else recruiting? :)

It's like a road crew. (my apologies to road crews)

thahawg

I think Youngblood only has offers from Tulsa, Miss. St., and UCA.

Hawgballz

Quote from: sasnakra1960 on May 10, 2007, 05:40:41 pm
Could it be that an out of state coach beat us to the punch?.     I read somewhere L Askew hasnt heard from Arkansas in awhile.  ???

Bullsh1t, he was texted yesterday and some thing that is not shown in the link below is that the U of A is doing very well in recruiting all 3 young men from Camden.  I believe the Hogs will get 2 out of 3 and has a great shot at all 3 of these players. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=135771.0
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: moondog on May 10, 2007, 05:34:22 pm
To watch QB Tyler Wilson. Where's Houston?

He's busy. He's texting a female friend 40 times today, so give him a break. Friendship means more than recruiting a sassy high school athlete. Dale will be in to see the recruit later this week, after Saban has seen him.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

VANVONDENBURGH

Saban is about to learn the true meaning of pressure. I'll bet that in the back of his mind if only for a brief moment....he looked up at the crowd at their spring game and thought...... oh cr@p. 

OKCHogFan

from the recruiting publications that i just read he has two offers.  Alabama and LSU.  He if favoring LSU.  They are close so his family can watch and he likes Miles and their offense.  I don't know where we are with him.

Blue35

Saban comes here because he knows that Nutt is weak and losing credibility.

Dugann

HDN never been to that school where is greenwood again? j/k ......... resucker a rb there sure that not how u spell his named made my trip there very damn bad..da basstrrd.  ran the hell over me all night long.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OKCHogFan on May 10, 2007, 10:12:56 pm
from the recruiting publications that i just read he has two offers.  Alabama and LSU.  He if favoring LSU.  They are close so his family can watch and he likes Miles and their offense.  I don't know where we are with him.

HDN is text messaging him to find out.
Go Hogs Go!

jfb4ever

Losing a recruit to Saban is one thing, losing one to Les Miles is, we can only hope Nutt keeps talking!

silvertip

Quote from: yraciv on May 10, 2007, 07:30:57 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 07:26:46 pm
Quote from: yraciv on May 10, 2007, 07:23:20 pm
I don't know how good Youngblood will be, but trust me I like our chances if Kodi Burns and Tyler Wilson are starting quarterbacks for an SEC rival.  Don't get me wrong they are good qb's and I wish we got them, but Wilson could easily go pro in baseball and I don't see Kodi working out as an SEC quarterback.  These aren't throw over the ladder kind of quarterterbacks!  I guess Youngblood is.

Tyler is 6'3 and a work out freak.  Has great arm strenght (don't listen to what Rick or Chuck say...just covering HdN).  His Dad is 6'6 and the coaches believe that he will be 6'4 maybe 6'5 by his freshman year of college.  Expect him to be a big time college QB.  Doesn't look like he is as interested in baseball as Stegall was last year. 

Maybe it's cause I've seen him 7th through 9th grade, and one game last year and have never came away impressed.  He has been impressive when I've seen him play baseball and even jr. high basketball.  Either way I'm probably way off, but I've never seen anything to tell me this guy will be an SEC quarterback.

Well, Rivals said that Wilson as a junior passed for a "jaw-dropping" 4222 yards, 50 tds and 14 ints. About twice the yards that "dual threat QB" Youngblood threw for. LSU will be there Monday to check him out. Malzahn was there yesterday.

Wilson lists LSU, Bama, AZ, Minn as his top 4. As far as Arkansas, he says he realizes he probably needs to "move away."

Maybe the problem is that you & HDN don't know what a real SEC QB looks like.

stronguard

NuttyBuddy has already evaluated these 2 QB's.  It only takes 4 or 5 snap/pivot/tucks to determine if a QB can hand off.  NuttyBuddy has this recruiting thing down to a science.  He's streamlined it so he can give as much Nutt as possible to charity.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Annax10

This is the story going around GHS (originally told from a UA recruiter-don't know who-that watched Tyler, to Coach Jones, to Tyler, who told his friends who told the whole school)

Apparently this recruiter thinks Tyler Wilson is the deal.  When he relays this information to Coach Nutt, the reply is "I don't think I want to offer a kid that I haven't seen play with my own eyes."  Recruiter replies, "Well he's got his senior season to go, so pick a game and go."

My sister is good friends with Tyler and tells me he has something like 40 scholarship offers.  About baseball, she says Tyler leans more toward football, and will surely choose football over baseball.

Silver Hog

Quote from: VANVONDENBURGH on May 10, 2007, 10:03:35 pm
Saban is about to learn the true meaning of pressure. I'll bet that in the back of his mind if only for a brief moment....he looked up at the crowd at their spring game and thought...... oh cr@p. 

Unlike nutt who looks up and says a big fat F U!

Silver Hog

Quote from: Blue35 on May 10, 2007, 10:20:00 pm

saban just burnt down what was left of Nutt's fence.

jfb4ever

Houston wants to see if he can drive a bus? In the spring our QB's throw over ladders, now Houston takes a bus out recruiting to see if kids can drive it????????  Just keep talking Houston!

redbarn

Is this kid for him or agin him?
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

10thPlanet

Quote from: Hogs R Us on May 10, 2007, 09:43:31 pm
Quote from: dkwvike on May 10, 2007, 06:14:40 pm
Nutt will wait on Pete Carroll's evaluation to see if he'll drive an hour down the road.
That was stupid.
Forgive me Nutt for I have sinned.....

jfb4ever

Yes, it is time to confess. Houston, there are only 5 of us evil ones. We have made up and spread these lies all over the country. We really have nothing against your coaching or hate you. We have never forgiven you for beating us in a high school game. We have made up thousands of fake names just to destroy you.     Forgive Me Houston               I Love You Man           I feel so much better!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: thahawg on May 10, 2007, 09:58:59 pm
I think Youngblood only has offers from Tulsa, Miss. St., and UCA.

He has a few offers because he committed so early. He's still getting mail from other schools that are hoping  he may change his mind.

coachp

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 10, 2007, 06:10:23 pm
Quote from: TX SUX on May 10, 2007, 06:08:03 pm

He's in Texas recruiting a QB. 
His name is Kelly Paige and he is not a risk to play baseball.

Unfortunately he is not a risk to be a good major college QB.  Another Texas QB not offered by any good Texas Schools.

WILL CLINTON

May 10, 2007, 11:50:57 pm #75 Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:52:31 pm by WILL CLINTON
Youngblood is going to college.  No discussion necessary. 

I have no problem admitting I am biased when it comes to comparing Youngblood to Wilson, and I haven't seen Wilson play either. Youngblood is a threat to take it to the house every down, and it doesn't help to have an SEC caliber tailback in your backfield also.  Youngblood also didn't play whole games last year, and didn't play in the 2nd half of some.  Don't know if Wilson did the same or not. 

As far as offers, Youngblood would have as many or more offers from equally impressive schools if he hadn't committed early.  There were a lot of offers in the "pipeline" that weren' offered when he committed.  There would be at least 3 maybe more top level SEC offers, 2 or more top level Big 12 offers, and some others that most people don't even know about. 

Not to mention that Youngblood as increased his squat, bench and muscle mass (added about 10-15 lbs) and dropped his 40 time just since the end of football. 

Believe me, if there is a chance that Wilson is going pro, then Arkansas offered the correct QB, cause Youngblood is as guaranteed as can be to end up on campus.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

VinnyW

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 10, 2007, 05:46:31 pm
Could it be that an out of state coach beat us to the punch?.     I read somewhere L Askew hasnt heard from Arkansas in awhile.  ???

Not true. Arkansas texted Lavunce yesterday.

How do you know that? I though it was banned?

missippihog

Quote from: Hawgzilla on May 10, 2007, 05:53:58 pm
Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 10, 2007, 05:44:51 pm
Houston is busy texting for charities. 

That texting just messes you up real fast.........You don't have time to recruit. ;)

This might have been funny the first 1000 times it was used. It is just stupid now.

missippihog

Quote from: swisshog on May 10, 2007, 10:53:32 pm

Especially to the non hog fans that support Tulsa and USC. Good for him.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: VinnyW on May 11, 2007, 12:52:23 am
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 10, 2007, 05:46:31 pm
Could it be that an out of state coach beat us to the punch?.     I read somewhere L Askew hasnt heard from Arkansas in awhile.  ???

Not true. Arkansas texted Lavunce yesterday.

How do you know that? I though it was banned?

The ban doesn't go into effect until August 1, 2007.  Check out this interview with LaVunce for the info. 

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=135771.0

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: missippihog on May 11, 2007, 01:07:06 am

So you are saying that it is good for the coach to look at the fans and say F U??

Maybe you need to remember that without the fans, there is no team to coach, therefore he is a cell phone durability tester for Motorola.

Without the coach, there is still a team, fans and players.  This isn't a chicken and egg scenario.  His job is directly related to there being fans, it isn't the other way around.

NMHOGG

Quote from: swisshog on May 10, 2007, 07:25:41 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 07:19:15 pm
Quote from: swisshog on May 10, 2007, 07:12:59 pm

Houston won't show till the absolute last minute, if at all, and only after Saban has offered.

HdN is going to be there Monday morning.  When no work out is scheduled.  Weird.

Saban has already offered.

Do I know my coach Nutt or do i know him?
I'm not so sure he gets an offer from Houston.  Youngblood is a BB prospect but he is working on other UA recruits.  Doesn't appear he will play BB but I'd be upset if we offered two QBs and they both went to the majors. 

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: NMHOGG on May 11, 2007, 01:10:53 am
Quote from: swisshog on May 10, 2007, 07:25:41 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on May 10, 2007, 07:19:15 pm
Quote from: swisshog on May 10, 2007, 07:12:59 pm

Houston won't show till the absolute last minute, if at all, and only after Saban has offered.

HdN is going to be there Monday morning.  When no work out is scheduled.  Weird.

Saban has already offered.

Do I know my coach Nutt or do i know him?
I'm not so sure he gets an offer from Houston.  Youngblood is a BB prospect but he is working on other UA recruits.  Doesn't appear he will play BB but I'd be upset if we offered two QBs and they both went to the majors. 

youngblood isn't going pro.

USAF Hog

When I first saw this thread, I thought, "Great, another bashing thread"

NOT SO!! I'm excited to actually see folks posting about football, even if it is just recruiting. As expected, it's peppered with the obligatory Nutt kicking, but it is SO easy to see around that stuff in this thread.

Thanks for all the info guys. It's really refreshing to hear about recruits from folks that are "close to the source".

:razorback:

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: moondog on May 10, 2007, 05:40:15 pm
I've seen Youngblood and Wilson (from an unbiased viewpoint), and Wilson impressed me with his arm and poise. Youngblood is athletic but really raw. Plus he slings the ball with a sidearm motion. I think HDN may be scared that one of them (Wilson or Youngblood) will sign a MLB deal.

Ding Ding Ding!  Then we will end up with another last minute QB prospect that won't ever see the field.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

TheHogFan

Quote from: ballhog on May 10, 2007, 06:15:24 pm
2 kids from Arkansas that are good Qbs.

Both have MLB draft potential.

I don't know so someone can fill me in on who has offered Youngblood?  anyone besides Arkansas?

Wilson has offers from LSU, Alabama, Arizona, Minnesota, Misstate, Kansas.

Tennessee has sent someone to Greenwood and California and Nebraska are coming soon.  So it's not like Wilson is choosing between sunbelt schools.  Whose wrong on not taking a chance on Wilson, Arkansas or those other BCS schools?

If Youngblood has gotten those same offers then I am wrong and will shut up about it.  Otherwise I think the Hogs are missing the boat with this kid.
Young blood committed early which turns many schools off. i promise you if he wasn't committed he would ahve more offers than Wilson. D-Mac only had a handful of offers for crying out loud. Why? because he committed in March.

TheHogFan

Quote from: silvertip on May 10, 2007, 10:38:49 pm
I don't know how good Youngblood will be, but trust me I like our chances if Kodi Burns and Tyler Wilson are starting quarterbacks for an SEC rival.  Don't get me wrong they are good qb's and I wish we got them, but Wilson could easily go pro in baseball and I don't see Kodi working out as an SEC quarterback.  These aren't throw over the ladder kind of quarterterbacks!  I guess Youngblood is.

Tyler is 6'3 and a work out freak.  Has great arm strenght (don't listen to what Rick or Chuck say...just covering HdN).  His Dad is 6'6 and the coaches believe that he will be 6'4 maybe 6'5 by his freshman year of college.  Expect him to be a big time college QB.  Doesn't look like he is as interested in baseball as Stegall was last year. 

Maybe it's cause I've seen him 7th through 9th grade, and one game last year and have never came away impressed.  He has been impressive when I've seen him play baseball and even jr. high basketball.  Either way I'm probably way off, but I've never seen anything to tell me this guy will be an SEC quarterback.

Well, Rivals said that Wilson as a junior passed for a "jaw-dropping" 4222 yards, 50 tds and 14 ints. About twice the yards that "dual threat QB" Youngblood threw for. LSU will be there Monday to check him out. Malzahn was there yesterday.

Wilson lists LSU, Bama, AZ, Minn as his top 4. As far as Arkansas, he says he realizes he probably needs to "move away."

If you want to go on stats then why no uproar over not recruiting Loucks from PA? Floyd from Shiloh? Lashlee etc. Loucks is the career state passing leader. Stats do not mean everything

TheHogFan

Quote from: coachp on May 10, 2007, 11:45:47 pm
Quote from: TheHogFan on May 10, 2007, 06:10:23 pm
Quote from: TX SUX on May 10, 2007, 06:08:03 pm

He's in Texas recruiting a QB. 
His name is Kelly Paige and he is not a risk to play baseball.

Unfortunately he is not a risk to be a good major college QB.  Another Texas QB not offered by any good Texas Schools.
What month is it slick?

dacskc

Quote from: Annax10 on May 10, 2007, 10:50:08 pm
This is the story going around GHS (originally told from a UA recruiter-don't know who-that watched Tyler, to Coach Jones, to Tyler, who told his friends who told the whole school)

Apparently this recruiter thinks Tyler Wilson is the deal.  When he relays this information to Coach Nutt, the reply is "I don't think I want to offer a kid that I haven't seen play with my own eyes."  Recruiter replies, "Well he's got his senior season to go, so pick a game and go."

My sister is good friends with Tyler and tells me he has something like 40 scholarship offers.  About baseball, she says Tyler leans more toward football, and will surely choose football over baseball.

I also heard that same comment about football over baseball, from the most reliable of sources. Scholarship $$ is much better, he wants to do the college thing.

351hog

Plus the fact that Youngblood plays with 2 other players on the Rivals 250 and can help recruit them to the UofA doesnt hurt. 

PAHog

Quote from: HangTenHog on May 10, 2007, 07:08:55 pm
They could forgive him leaving for the pros, but to coach a rival is really looked down upon.

If Nutt went to coach for a rival, I think a lot of us would see it as an automatic "W" on the schedule each year.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

RealSmartGuy

I understand everyone is saying that Wilson has MLB potential but I think it is a LONGSHOT that he will be drafted high enough to command the type of money that would allow him to not play football.  His velocity hasn't improved.  Saw him throw a bunch this year, I doubt he topped out over 85.  Saw him get bombed a few times as well.  Great kid, but I bet he goes to college

moondog

Quote from: TheHogFan on May 11, 2007, 09:10:46 am
Quote from: silvertip on May 10, 2007, 10:38:49 pm

If you want to go on stats then why no uproar over not recruiting Loucks from PA? Floyd from Shiloh? Lashlee etc. Loucks is the career state passing leader. Stats do not mean everything

Loucks is going to Texas Tech, where stats matter, but not wins.

HDale

Quote from: stratpkr on May 10, 2007, 06:37:51 pm
Quote from: Choctaw Hog on May 10, 2007, 05:44:51 pm
Houston is busy texting for charities. 

I need to get me a new charity. My last one dumped me.

If DB was doing what we ALL think she was doing.....It was definitely a charitable act on her part.
I will always hate the Dork

Buck Ocean

Houston is out making political statements to build his image.  He's behind closed doors, preaching to the congregation:  "I need to know right now....are you in or are you out"

That's selling no tickets.  It's not expanding your fanbase.  And it's definitely not roping in any recruits.

I'm accepting the fact that he is coach.  I wish he would keep to the job description....but in no way do I consider that to be persuading various clubs and committees that he is backed into a corner by the majority for no apparent reason.

Think like a Jedi

IllmaticRackit

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on May 11, 2007, 01:10:43 am
Quote from: missippihog on May 11, 2007, 01:07:06 am

So you are saying that it is good for the coach to look at the fans and say F U??

Maybe you need to remember that without the fans, there is no team to coach, therefore he is a cell phone durability tester for Motorola.

Without the coach, there is still a team, fans and players.  This isn't a chicken and egg scenario.  His job is directly related to there being fans, it isn't the other way around.

I think its fine.  But only if he is telling YOU F U.  Other than that I think its kinda messed up....

j/k....lol
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

Silver Hog

we've told DMW time and again we want a REAL passing game, he says F U and sticks to the run.   he's supposed to be entertaining us and he just can't get it done.

IllmaticRackit

Quote from: swisshog on May 11, 2007, 12:50:56 pm
we've told DMW time and again we want a REAL passing game, he says F U and sticks to the run.   he's supposed to be entertaining us and he just can't get it done.

Oh I know!!!!  I mean, if you appreciate the game of football you know watching D-Mac and our defense when they are swarming to the ball and their guts are laid out on the line is as boring as it gets.....OH!! How boring.
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

Purple Tiger

May 11, 2007, 01:01:22 pm #98 Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:02:57 pm by Purple Tiger
Quote from: Blue35 on May 10, 2007, 10:20:00 pm

Saban reccomended that Nutt succeed him at LSU. ;D

wayneslane

Quote from: spraycanhog on May 10, 2007, 05:59:38 pm
If Gus was at UA he would recruit Tyler....he would turn Tyler in the next Peyton Manning too!
Instead Tyler is telling people he is going to play baseball,  we lost our Peyton all because Nutt ran off Gus!

The running game never wins!
Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!
Hire Gus!
1st off as long as Houston is here it doesn't matter who the quarterback is. Even if it were Payton himself. Nutt will not allow a quarterback to succed. Name one that has done well under Nutt since Stoerner. I have heard comments from Stoerner himself say that he and Lucas would draw up plays in the huddle. Nutt will set down a starter that one seven straight games to get his point across that he is the sheriff in this town.