Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just got off the phone with DT/DE Lavunce Askew

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 09, 2007, 07:39:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

about 15 minutes ago.

TRG: Anything new going on with your recruitment?

Lavunce: Not really. We've had a lot of coaches coming everyday to school.

TRG: What are some of the schools?

Lavunce: Missouri St., Arkansas St. came today. Michigan, Miss St., Oklahoma came by yesterday.

TRG: Any new schools hinting about an offer?

Lavunce: Alabama is talking about offering. My coach said Clemson may offer.

TRG: Who texted you today?

Lavunce: Texas Tech, Ole Miss and Arkansas.

TRG: How many texts do you average in a day?

Lavunce: I average 25 to 40 a day.  The most I've gotten in a day is 55.

TRG: Who are some of the head coaches that have texted you?

Lavunce: Coaches from Texas Tech, Houston (Nutt), Ole Miss, Miss St. Oklahoma St. Coach Stoops texted me today.

TRG: When did Houston Nutt text you?

Lavunce: I can't remember. It's been awhile.

Lavunce said he still plans to make his decision after the season and his only focus right now is to win a state championship.

I caught Lavunce at a track meet. He was too please with his performance in the discus today but did say he's qualified for the state meet. His best throw this season is 150 feet.

Previous interview:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=120591.msg1789888#msg1789888

Richard_white

I'm surprised he can remember who the HC is.  Even though it's ben awhile since Nutt has texted him.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Richard_white on May 09, 2007, 07:44:08 pm
I'm surprised he can remember who the HC is.  Even though it's ben awhile since Nutt has texted him.

Lavunce joked that he didn't have a good memory. He just knew the schools not so much the coaches. Lavunce is fun to talk to. Really a good kid.

hogsmaster

We need more big bodies in DL.  Hope he and Curtis join Youngblood.

HOGINTENNESSEE

arkjay19

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 09, 2007, 07:49:01 pm
Quote from: Richard_white on May 09, 2007, 07:44:08 pm
Lavunce joked that he didn't have a good memory. He just knew the schools not so much the coaches. Lavunce is fun to talk to. Really a good kid.

imagine that, I guess it actually is true.  Not just a "hugger" lie that "Darksiders" want to act like it is . . . . . . . . . .

mj4president

Yea I guess we would keep up when a coach texted us if we got 20 to 50 texts a day.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.