Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those who think Texas Game isn't important

Started by txkrazorback, February 19, 2008, 10:04:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

txkrazorback

We certainly have a passionate group of Hog fans, and I think that is even being proved in the votes for best SEC coach in this thread: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=206969.0#lastPost

I feel my point was made about the game against Texass when people want to compare that to other games. It's either important or not. To me and a lot of other fans; it's important. To a few others; it's not AS important as some other games.

My point was Texass is going to be a Top 10-12 ranked team when we play them. The ranking alone will make it important. If anyone still feels it's not important for the Razorbacks in the 2008 season, then here's your hero...
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

hogsanity

Quote from: txkrazorback on February 19, 2008, 02:16:35 pm
We certainly have a passionate group of Hog fans, and I think that is even being proved in the votes for best SEC coach in this thread: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=206969.0#lastPost

I feel my point was made about the game against Texass when people want to compare that to other games. It's either important or not. To me and a lot of other fans; it's important. To a few others; it's not AS important as some other games.

My point was Texass is going to be a Top 10-12 ranked team when we play them. The ranking alone will make it important. If anyone still feels it's not important for the Razorbacks in the 2008 season, then here's your hero...

Yes, it will be a big game in 2008.  Hopefully, after 2009, we won't play Texas again for 20+ years, unless it is in a bcs game.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

txkrazorback

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2008, 02:22:10 pm
Yes, it will be a big game in 2008.  Hopefully, after 2009, we won't play Texas again for 20+ years, unless it is in a bcs game.
More than likely we'll play Texass in the Cotton Bowl within that time as it's 1 of 2 best bowls not BCS and it'll be a BCS bowl within 5 years.
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

HoopS

If we had a player that was iffy for the Texas game and sitting out would ensure he would be well for Bama, sit him out.

drivetimeporks

man u are good Pel, u can delete as fast as i can post them!

DeltaBoy

"Soo Pig Sooie beat Texas" is all my Hog Cheerleader Doll says when you pull her string.  I have tons of Hog stuff just to upset texans that come to visit. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

drivetimeporks

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 19, 2008, 03:04:56 pm
"Soo Pig Sooie beat Texas" is all my Hog Cheerleader Doll says when you pull her string.  I have tons of Hog stuff just to upset texans that come to visit. 

thats real goood lol +1

razorbacker3

It matters not what the records are. It matters not how high they (or we) are ranked. It matters not that it is not a conferance game.
What matters is that it is TEXAS. All true hog fans hate the longhorns more than any team. Who cares if they don't hate us as much. IT'S TEXAS. Hate them with a passion.

hogsanity

Quote from: razorbacker3 on February 19, 2008, 03:26:30 pm
It matters not what the records are. It matters not how high they (or we) are ranked. It matters not that it is not a conferance game.
What matters is that it is TEXAS. All true hog fans hate the longhorns more than any team. Who cares if they don't hate us as much. IT'S TEXAS. Hate them with a passion.

If there were message boards in the 70's, this would have been a great post.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

txkrazorback

Quote from: razorbacker3 on February 19, 2008, 03:26:30 pm
+1

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on February 19, 2008, 01:37:31 pm
That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.  I don't HATE any team.  Yes, they are one of the teams that I love to beat.  Just like Bama, the Mississippi schools, Tennessee, and others.
I just find it laughable that you can't even see another person's point of view. 

Pel: Maybe You LOVE Texas$...I can't tell. You certainly didn't put Texas$ in that Love to beat group...

idiotghos

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2008, 03:33:09 pm
If there were message boards in the 70's, this would have been a great post.

And you would be arguing that Rice is just as important.

hogsanity

Quote from: idiotghos on February 19, 2008, 03:36:32 pm
And you would be arguing that Rice is just as important.

They were in the SWC, they would have been an important game. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on February 19, 2008, 03:45:14 pm
I've seen it all now.  I most certainly did.  This was a reference to Texas. 

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.  I don't HATE any team.  Yes, they are one of the teams that I love to beat.  Just like Bama, the Mississippi schools, Tennessee, and others.
I just find it laughable that you can't even see another person's point of view. 

There is starting to emerge the next lines of battle on hogville.  It will be the "old guard fans"  and the "new ones".  The old guard will continue to cling to the SWC, and wish we would have moved to the big 12, to keep up the Texas thing.  The new ones will appreciate what playing Texas does for a team, but also realize games against Ohio St, FS, Oregon, and any other top level team can be just as important.

deshahawg

I hope we kill them, but we'll have our hands full learning a new offense and all.

El Puerco

We will have our work cut out for us....Muschamp will have them worked into a frenzy after being passed over for our job.

reddogjcss

I hate the longhorns; it will be one of the { the most } importatant games this year.

thewholehog

Remember the old bumper stickers and sweatshirts?- TUCK FEXAS!!!

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: txkrazorback on February 19, 2008, 10:59:39 am
And are you saying it's not? what's your spin?
Why don't you call up Chuck at the Foundation and ask him if it's important? Why don't you Call up Horton ad ask him?

This is a Big Game.... I Hate Horns and you should too!

Texass says We are hillbilly's who have relations within our family: THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY SAY BUT WORSE. You're gonna let that go?

I'm not gonna let it go, but my sister aint got a problem with it.

bigham13

Interview with Limas Sweed Longhorns Receiver

In your college career, which was the most obnoxious and annoying team you faced and really wanted to beat?

Limas Sweed: Probably the Arkansas Razorbacks.

lol so they do really want to beat us.

link http://www.cowboys-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79324

txkrazorback

Quote from: thewholehog on February 19, 2008, 08:05:05 pm
Remember the old bumper stickers and sweatshirts?- TUCK FEXAS!!!
Yeah; you couldn't quite do that with Florida without a Trooper pulling your car over...

hogsanity

Quote from: donewithdale on February 19, 2008, 07:30:11 pm
Wrong on every point you tried to make.  You think you can create the same emotions for Ark-Oregon or FSU as Ark - Texas?  I would think that someone that follows college football could realize this isn't something that just happens. 

I don't judge fans on their level of fandom so please nobody take this that way.  I truly feel sad for those of you who are putting down Hog fans for making the Texas game important because you are too young to have that natural feeling of excitement for the game and dislike for the Texas athletic programs.  Not only have many of you not been fortunate enough to see a true home basketball arena atmosphere and top level program but you also don't realize who our only rival is. 

So, does Ohio St fans have trouble getting up fo their big ooc games?  How about FSU?  Can USC fans only get up for Notre Dame? 

Also, again, no one is saying The Texas game is not important, when we actually play them.  What some of us are saying is that it IS NOT the be all end all to play Texas every year. 

HoopS

February 20, 2008, 10:11:06 am #121 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:19:34 am by HoopS
Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2008, 09:38:31 am
So, does Ohio St fans have trouble getting up fo their big ooc games?  How about FSU?  Can USC fans only get up for Notre Dame? 

Also, again, no one is saying The Texas game is not important, when we actually play them.  What some of us are saying is that it IS NOT the be all end all to play Texas every year. 

And I promise I am not just trying to mess with you sanity....

But didn't you think we rose to the occassion against USC at home?  That place was nuts!  And I loved every second of it.

I imagine we will agree to disagree and that's fine. 

I will just say a few things and then I'm done with this.

1.  We (the fans) aren't the ones who scheduled the game.  But because it is on our schedule, and I believe we can gain a lot from it, I am stoked about it. 
2.  Growing up, at least for me, there was nothing like Texas week.  All week, everywhere I went it was all about the game and "do you think we can beat them?"  It's kind of like mamma's cooking, although I cook differently now and way more healthy, I still enjoy mamma's cooking and if given the choice, i'd rather eat her cooking than any fancy restaurant I could find.  This game, it's ingrained in me.  I can't help it.  If we play them, something inside clicks and that game is one that stands out to me.  It's the one game that if I am struggling to go to sleep at night, I think about that game and how we could beat them and the great feelings I, we, would have because of that.  And some will suggest I move on, I choose to remember our history and rather enjoy the good times and memories that are linked to this game in my mind.  Maybe it's because my dad and I watched these games religiously together, and now he has passed on.  I can't tell you an exact reason and to borrow a line from Bryan McNamee, "it is what it is".  I am one of many who could go on and on and on about this subject.  You clearly don't agree, but I would prefer not to have to defend our history and our memories everytime this subject arises.  Just know that the feelings run extremely deep for many of us, and for many reasons that you will probably never quite understand... nor should you be able to because you weren't with me, us, when these feelings were formed.
3.  Winning the SEC is first and foremost for me.  Beating Texas will always have a special place in my Hog heart as well.
4.  No matter who is on our schedule, rest assured that I want to beat every one of them with a passion.  And though the history with Alabama or Auburn pales in comparison with the history of the Texas series, it's still important and will continue to grow. 
5.  I think beating LSU last year was a huge step in developing a needed rivalry.  Probably would have been better from the standpoint of rivalry if that would have kept them out of the national championship.  Those are the kind of loses that stick in your crawl...ie, '69, or many other loses we had to Texas in which that lose ruined a season.  I hope that we can be a thorn in LSU's side enough that that game turns into the heated rivalry that the Texas game always was. 
6.  Ole Miss.  I could be wrong, but I anticipate that that game will take on a new meaning and could grow into a bitter fued, again, giving us a game to really anticipate every year.
7.  Tennessee.  I wish the SEC would not have changed our schedule when they did.  I felt like we had a chance to build quite a border war with them.

Hogs-n-Roses

Every morning when I wake up and each evening when I go to bed, I say a prayer in which I thank God for making me a Hog and ask his patience with me for Hating Texas. I'm 49.

PMP11

February 20, 2008, 10:34:45 am #123 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 10:39:05 am by PMP11
Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2008, 09:38:31 am

And earlier you said:  You know what teams make a bigger deal out of big time ooc games than they do of their own conference games...................teams like A State.  Teams in rat leagues who have no shot at glory other than pulling a huge OOC upset. 

Make up your mind, damn, you're worse than hilary clinton.  And answer me this, when and where did anyone say that texas is the only OOC game we cared about??  You just keep coming up with your own fantasies to justify your stance against many fans passionate dislike for the horns.  Fayetteville sure was dead when we played USC two years ago.  I guess your pissed that the fans don't get as rowdy for UT-chatty high school north.  You know, the teams that nutt would brag about beating.

Obviously many of us hate texas with a passion unmatched by any other opponent in the land, but I seriously doubt that these fans would not be just as juiced for a game against any other top program.  The problem is, we don't schedule them.  Your arguments are weak and you flip flop like a clinton.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on February 20, 2008, 10:11:06 am

But didn't you think we rose to the occassion against USC at home?  That place was nuts!  And I loved every second of it.

1.  We (the fans) aren't the ones who scheduled the game.  But because it is on our schedule, and I believe we can gain a lot from it, I am stoked about it. 
2.  Growing up, at least for me, there was nothing like Texas week.  All week, everywhere I went it was all about the game and "do you think we can beat them?"  It's kind of like mamma's cooking, although I cook differently now and way more healthy, I still enjoy mamma's cooking and if given the choice, i'd rather eat her cooking than any fancy restaurant I could find.  This game, it's ingrained in me.  I can't help it.  If we play them, something inside clicks and that game is one that stands out to me.  It's the one game that if I am struggling to go to sleep at night, I think about that game and how we could beat them and the great feelings I, we, would have because of that.  And some will suggest I move on, I choose to remember our history and rather enjoy the good times and memories that are linked to this game in my mind.  Maybe it's because my dad and I watched these games religiously together, and now he has passed on.  I can't tell you an exact reason and to borrow a line from Bryan McNamee, "it is what it is".  I am one of many who could go on and on and on about this subject.  You clearly don't agree, but I would prefer not to have to defend our history and our memories everytime this subject arises.  Just know that the feelings run extremely deep for many of us, and for many reasons that you will probably never quite understand... nor should you be able to because you weren't with me, us, when these feelings were formed.
3.  Winning the SEC is first and foremost for me.  Beating Texas will always have a special place in my Hog heart as well.
4.  No matter who is on our schedule, rest assured that I want to beat every one of them with a passion.  And though the history with Alabama or Auburn pales in comparison with the history of the Texas series, it's still important and will continue to grow. 
5.  I think beating LSU last year was a huge step in developing a needed rivalry.  Probably would have been better from the standpoint of rivalry if that would have kept them out of the national championship.  Those are the kind of loses that stick in your crawl...ie, '69, or many other loses we had to Texas in which that lose ruined a season.  I hope that we can be a thorn in LSU's side enough that that game turns into the heated rivalry that the Texas game always was. 
6.  Ole Miss.  I could be wrong, but I anticipate that that game will take on a new meaning and could grow into a bitter fued, again, giving us a game to really anticipate every year.
7.  Tennessee.  I wish the SEC would not have changed our schedule when they did.  I felt like we had a chance to build quite a border war with them.

I cant argue with any of this.  Your thoughts/feeling are great.  The ones I have taken offense to, and they are posts in this thread, are those people who think the Texas game in 2008, and the rivalry with them, is more important than winning SEC games.

hogsanity

Quote from: PMP11 on February 20, 2008, 10:34:45 am
And earlier you said:  You know what teams make a bigger deal out of big time ooc games than they do of their own conference games...................teams like A State.  Teams in rat leagues who have no shot at glory other than pulling a huge OOC upset. 

Make up your mind, damn, you're worse than hilary clinton.  And answer me this, when and where did anyone say that texas is the only OOC game we cared about??  You just keep coming up with your own fantasies to justify your stance against many fans passionate dislike for the horns.  Fayetteville sure was dead when we played USC two years ago.  I guess your pissed that the fans don't get as rowdy for UT-chatty high school north.  You know, the teams that nutt would brag about beating.

Obviously many of us hate texas with a passion unmatched by any other opponent in the land, but I seriously doubt that these fans would not be just as juiced for a game against any other top program.  The problem is, we don't schedule them.  Your arguments are weak and you flip flop like a clinton.

Where is the inconsistency?  If course you get up for big time ooc games, but they should not be more important than ANY league game.

PMP11

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2008, 10:54:36 am
Where is the inconsistency?  If course you get up for big time ooc games, but they should not be more important than ANY league game.

Point out to me where someone said, in this thread, that the texas game was more important than conference play.  You had the second post on this thread and started it in that direction.  The original poster just said that if you thought it wasn't important than you were mistaken.

What I don't understand from you (well the main thing) is where do you get the idea that a game with any other top OOC program would not be big to the fans?  You keep saying this but you have nothing to base it on.  Many have brought up our short series with USC and how "up" the fans were for that, but you keep saying we only care about playing texas.  Your logic and double speak is what is inconsistent.

Again I will ask you, when was the last time the Hogs played a top program OOC and the fans didn't treat it as a big game...........I'll patiently wait for your response.

The Marmot

Quote from: PMP11 on February 20, 2008, 11:08:48 am
Point out to me where someone said, in this thread, that the texas game was more important than conference play. 

Sorry PMP, but it has been said in here.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=206971.msg3200025#msg3200025

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

drivetimeporks

Quote from: HoopS on February 20, 2008, 10:11:06 am

I loved every second of it too, until the game actually started and we were crucified on national television again (thanks Houston)

PMP11

Quote from: The Marmot on February 20, 2008, 11:16:42 am
Sorry PMP, but it has been said in here.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=206971.msg3200025#msg3200025

Half true Marmot, that quote says the WINS are not equal, which I agree with.  Ol sanity is trying to say fans wouldn't mind losses in the SEC as long as we beat texas, there's a difference.  All wins are great, some are more important than others (apples to apples).  However, a win over texas (apples) compared to a loss in SEC play (oranges) is not the same thing.

Keep up boy, I know you can.  Hell, didn't we room together a little while in college.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

who said its not important???... as long as you are over the age of 25, you should remember (or at least have a rememberance) of your deep instilled hatred for the Longhorns...

and if you are younger than that, you should've been born with that instinct from your parents!!!!

WPS!!!!!

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: gguillo on February 20, 2008, 11:33:09 am
who said its not important???... as long as you are over the age of 25, you should remember (or at least have a rememberance) of your deep instilled hatred for the Longhorns...

and if you are younger than that, you should've been born with that instinct from your parents!!!!

WPS!!!!!
This is true. I'm 49 and the first words my Dad taught me were "F*&% Texas". Seriously. My Mom never forgave him. True story. I also did the same for my 3 kids and my grand child is about ready to speak now. Bwahhhhhh!!!!

hogsanity

February 20, 2008, 11:52:14 am #132 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:55:22 am by hogsanity
Quote from: PMP11 on February 20, 2008, 11:24:41 am
Half true Marmot, that quote says the WINS are not equal, which I agree with.  Ol sanity is trying to say fans wouldn't mind losses in the SEC as long as we beat texas, there's a difference.  All wins are great, some are more important than others (apples to apples).  However, a win over texas (apples) compared to a loss in SEC play (oranges) is not the same thing.

Keep up boy, I know you can.  Hell, didn't we room together a little while in college.

There are people in this thread that said just that. 

Senior

[applaud] / [smite]

Re: For those who think Texas Game isn't important
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:59 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2008, 09:48:47 AM
And I did not ask how Texas fans would feel about playing V-Tech.  I aksed how YOU would feel if the HOGS were playing a top 10 V-tech team instead of a top 10 Texas team.

I wouldn't care as much as I would for texas.  And, honestly, I'm not going to care as much about any sec game as texas.  I don't remember the swc, I was 4 when we switched, but no football game I've ever watched has topped the ambush for sheer glee.  Not markham, not lsu this year.  Also, winning there will get us lots of national press and shut up a lot of out-of-state detractors who still think the program's dead now that nutt's gone.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:57:13 AM by idiotghos » 

Could they be any clearer?  They will not care about any SEC game as much as they will Texas.   

PMP11

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2008, 11:52:14 am
There are people in this thread that said just that. 

Senior

[applaud] / [smite]

Re: For those who think Texas Game isn't important
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 09:54:59 AM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2008, 09:48:47 AM
And I did not ask how Texas fans would feel about playing V-Tech.  I aksed how YOU would feel if the HOGS were playing a top 10 V-tech team instead of a top 10 Texas team.

I wouldn't care as much as I would for texas.  And, honestly, I'm not going to care as much about any sec game as texas.  I don't remember the swc, I was 4 when we switched, but no football game I've ever watched has topped the ambush for sheer glee.  Not markham, not lsu this year.  Also, winning there will get us lots of national press and shut up a lot of out-of-state detractors who still think the program's dead now that nutt's gone.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 09:57:13 AM by idiotghos » 

Could they be any clearer?  They will not care about any SEC game as much as they will Texas.  

I will say it to you one more time and then I am finished with you.  You have said that fans would care more about a win against texas than a loss against an SEC team.  That is a complete different ballgame.  Who cares what wins the fans would celebrate more, an effin win is an effin win.  Hence your double speak.

You also keep saying that fans would not get "up" for a VT or FSU or any other top program, but you fail to give examples.  If you are upset that fans may celebrate a certain win more than another win, well, I just can't help you.  But call a spade a spade.  Compare wins to wins as opposed to wins vs losses.

And I'll add something to this, I will celebrate a win over a top 15 texas much, much, much longer and stronger than I will a win over Miss st or S. Carolina.  But they are both wins and I will enjoy them, but I would not trade a win over texas for a loss to ole miss.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Personally, I get up most for, and enjoy victories over La Monroe moreso than any other college.   ;)
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HOGINTENNESSEE

The Marmot

Quote from: PMP11 on February 20, 2008, 11:24:41 am

Boy? Yeah, we were roomies in the ole Phi house.

sanity is a Ft Smith boy as well. Maybe you and him could meet at the Alma Sonic and settle this.  :)
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

txkrazorback

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2008, 03:50:17 pm
There is starting to emerge the next lines of battle on hogville.  It will be the "old guard fans"  and the "new ones".
Do you think my children are old guard fans? They look pretty young for Horn Haters!

drivetimeporks

Quote from: The Marmot on February 20, 2008, 02:00:04 pm

sanity is a Ft Smith boy as well. Maybe you and him could meet at the Alma Sonic and settle this.  :)

Maybe you and him could meet at the Alma Sonic and settle this.  :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA good one

PMP11

Quote from: The Marmot on February 20, 2008, 02:00:04 pm

I meant "boy" in a nice and friendly way, I promise.  I was pretty sure sanity claimed the Fort and made a comment about it on a post above, but decided it was mean and did a little edit.  I hate that I have to argue with a fellow Fort Smithian, but we can't all be perfect.

I hear good things about the Sonic in Alma, however, it's a pretty good distance for me to drive.  Maybe we can meet up when I get back to the Fort next Christmas.  You think he'll accept a rain check?

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

The Marmot

Quote from: PMP11 on February 20, 2008, 02:17:34 pm
I meant "boy" in a nice and friendly way, I promise.  I was pretty sure sanity claimed the Fort and made a comment about it on a post above, but decided it was mean and did a little edit.  I hate that I have to argue with a fellow Fort Smithian, but we can't all be perfect.

I hear good things about the Sonic in Alma, however, it's a pretty good distance for me to drive.  Maybe we can meet up when I get back to the Fort next Christmas.  You think he'll accept a rain check?

All you Ft Smith boys are such hot-heads. ;) Hell, technically I'm one too.

Apparently the Alma Sonic is where all the message board tough guys go to rumble.

Let me know when you'll be in F'ville again.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

txkrazorback

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on February 19, 2008, 03:45:14 pm
I've seen it all now.  I most certainly did.  This was a reference to Texas. 

Nice edit Pel...

Don't you just HATE this color? Can't you feel your BLOOD BOIL?

crtHAWGS

Id rather PLay USC in the national championship and beat the dog snot of of them so we can regain some pride back from the beating they gave us.

RedRiverHog

Quote from: hogsanity on February 19, 2008, 02:22:10 pm
  Hopefully, after 2009, we won't play Texas again for 20+ years

Don't mean to jump in the middle of a fight here but after reading this entire thread and listening (reading) to both sides of a good debate, I must ask you Sanity, why do you say that?

Not picking on you, just asking why you feel that way...
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

drivetimeporks

Quote from: RedRiverHog on February 20, 2008, 05:16:14 pm
Don't mean to jump in the middle of a fight here but after reading this entire thread and listening (reading) to both sides of a good debate, I must ask you Sanity, why do you say that?

b/c sanity doesnt get the ua/ut thing.. they arent conference , therefore, regardless of history, he doesnt wanna play them..sorry, i just wanted to print the cliffs notes for ya b4  his  harry potter sized volume arrives....

hogsanity

Quote from: RedRiverHog on February 20, 2008, 05:16:14 pm

Because I want to play other big time ooc games.  I would not mind a home and home with Texas once a decade, but more than that, imo, is too much. 

Now, if we get to the point where we are playing 2 big time ooc games ayear, thats different, but, look at 2209, 2 huge ooc games, Texas and A&M.  How about Ohio St or FSU or any of the other "top tier" perenial powers. 

You said you read through the thread.  Look at how many people either implied or flat out said they would rather beat Texas than win SEC games.  That is just absurd.

hogsanity

Quote from: drivetimeporks on February 20, 2008, 05:20:31 pm
b/c sanity doesnt get the ua/ut thing.. they arent conference , therefore, regardless of history, he doesnt wanna play them..sorry, i just wanted to print the cliffs notes for ya b4  his  harry potter sized volume arrives....

I get the ua/ut thing.  It was one of the best college series in the 60's and 70's, and even the early 80's.  However, on a NATIONAL SCALE, it started to die when the SWC started to die in the late 80's.  It was also one of the most lopsided series to gain such national exposure.

txkrazorback

Quote from: hogsanity on February 20, 2008, 07:17:00 pm
I get the ua/ut thing.  It was one of the best college series in the 60's and 70's, and even the early 80's.  However, on a NATIONAL SCALE, it started to die when the SWC started to die in the late 80's.  It was also one of the most lopsided series to gain such national exposure.
If it's not of national interest, then why does the big networks grab at a chance to nationally broadcast the ARK/Tx even today?

Hogtropolis™

I haven't read the whole 5 pages, but if it came down to a win against

Texas or Bama

Texas or Florida

Texas or Tennessee

Texas or LSU

Texas or Georgia

Texas or Auburn

I would prefer to take a loss to Texas and win the SEC game anyday.