Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henry isn't the only player in trouble...

Started by Porkatarian, March 11, 2009, 11:35:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Porkatarian

Of course, if Pel holds true to form, then he'll just sweep it under the rug, just like has done for this player numerous times this season.

That's all I can say at this time.

If any of you guys know someone on the campus police, you should be able to find out what I'm talking about.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Baconator

BallHog1

weresoclose

Well UAPD records are public, so can we save the FOI stuff and just say what's being investigated?

The Boar War

And yet he hasn't been suspended.  I don't mind Pelphrey suspending players for doing wrong.  Thats his job.  But it would seem that the penalty matrix would be the same for every player.

want2be

What did he do ? Probably fouled someone on Dixon St.

woodhog14

Quote from: want2be on March 11, 2009, 12:05:44 pm

UAPD wouldn't be involved if it was an incident on DICKSON ST.

weresoclose

Quote from: want2be on March 11, 2009, 12:05:44 pm

Funny, but very sad to misspell the greatest row of bars in Arkansas.

condohog

Quote from: woodhog14 on March 11, 2009, 12:18:04 pm
UAPD wouldn't be involved if it was an incident on DICKSON ST.

Still funny though...

WilsonHog

Heard that this morning.

These kids are gonna keep screwing around and cost Pel his job.

('Course, Pel needs to put the broom away.)

ar_sports_talk

Heard about it in the wee hours of this morning.

My source is as solid as it gets...
Need a good laugh?  Click below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVr8nvs6re0

blacksuit

aristotle

If everybody knows about it and it's public record with the UAPD, can we just cut to the chase? Fortsen or Washington? And a basic summary of what the offense was?

I appreciate and understand the need for cryptic summation, but sounds like this one is going to make its way out anway. What happened?

WilsonHog

Quote from: aristotle on March 11, 2009, 12:39:48 pm
If everybody knows about it and it's public record with the UAPD, can we just cut to the chase? Fortsen or Washington? And a basic summary of what the offense was?

I appreciate and understand the need for cryptic summation, but sounds like this one is going to make its way out anway. What happened?

It ain't Washington.

HOGSWEAT

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2009, 12:29:36 pm
Heard that this morning.

I feel like Pel might resign. I dont think he knows what to do. Sweeping this under the rug though is not the best idea.

Oliver

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2009, 12:29:36 pm
Heard that this morning.

You would think if Pelphrey had their respect, they would have stopped this a long time ago.

rude1

And the hits just keep coming. The complete program is taking on the resemblance of a dysfunctional family.

solitons

it's not so easy to earn as much money as a coach. I guess I should give up the idea of applying the coaching position.

want2be

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2009, 12:40:50 pm
It ain't Washington.

Maybe Welsh kicked someone on purpose!.........He also does it on court and nothing happened.

razorbackfan4life

The Boar War

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 11, 2009, 12:42:17 pm
You would think if Pelphrey had their respect, they would have stopped this a long time ago.

I believe thats a big part of the current off the court strikes against Pelphrey.  He's been suspending players (with justification) since the red-white game.  It doesn't seem to have helped any of them.  If he had control over this program we wouldn't still be having to suspend players.

WMHawgfan

Pel or no Pel, if it is this bad, I would be willing to sacrifice another year to get the bad eggs out of our basket regardless of how important they are to our success or how much potential they have. Reload with some quality characters.

arkansasmaniac

edt

I really believe Pel is on his way out. Long, can and will, only put up with so much. I think there are to many things snowballing on Pel. Long may feel like he dosen't have any other choice than to let Pelfrey go and start over.

psooie

Their is a hoop version of  Bobby Petrino waiting to get a job:

http://www.grizzoulian.com/2007/03/articles/basketball/larry-krystkowiak-media-backgrounder/

Things just seem to be out of control at the moment but i suspect pel will be given another year.

Richard_white

Whoever the player or players were, you can't do too much worse than 2-14 in the SEC.

If it means getting rid of the problems...I'd rather see a whole new team next year and work together than a bunch of problem makers while losing at the same time.

tolerati

Hypothetically, what if someone named Henry and Fortson and a football player got caught shoplifting? And what if, this person named Henry got indefinite suspension, the football player got arrested and later disciplined by the head football coach while the guy named Fortson paid for his merchandise and was released, and what if they all had done this before, been caught before, and it had never been made public...what would you say?
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

tolerati

"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Hogbody

tolerati

Hypothetically speaking, Hogbody, it would be.

AuburnHog

Quote from: tolerati on March 11, 2009, 01:16:02 pm
Hypothetically, what if someone named Henry and Fortson and a football player got caught shoplifting? And what if, this person named Henry got indefinite suspension, the football player got arrested and later disciplined by the head football coach while the guy named Fortson paid for his merchandise and was released, and what if they all had done this before, been caught before, and it had never been made public...what would you say?

Wow!

edt

I would say, why was fortson allowed to walk?

AuburnHog

and also, why wasn't Henry arrested with "the football player"?

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: AuburnHog on March 11, 2009, 01:46:20 pm
and also, why wasn't Henry arrested with "the football player"?

The merchandise Henry stole from Wal-Mart wasn't enough to arrest him.

heathtits

March 11, 2009, 01:48:41 pm #36 Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:53:31 pm by heathtits
This has to be Fortson's book store incident. If you can't decipher that, get some glasses.

Since I am anonymous I don't care about breaking this at all.

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: heathtits on March 11, 2009, 01:48:41 pm
This is Fortson's book source incidence. If you can't decipher that, get some glasses.

Since I am anonymous I don't care about breaking this at all.

Oh, I was thinking people were saying Fortson did something LAST night.

hei5manhog

Can we just skip the SEC tournament and let all these guys get started on their parole, house arrest, whatever. This is a ridiculous, absurd mockery of a basketball program. The Jailblazers think this team has issues.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

want2be

Pel may want to consider a hiring a young assistant coach like Corliss who can assoiciate with these players and  deal with their pier pressure and bad attitudes. He has lost their respect and evidentally is not consistent with his discipline.

ke2743

Quote from: tolerati on March 11, 2009, 01:37:21 pm
Hypothetically speaking, Hogbody, it would be.

Hypothetically speaking, we still would have no chance in hell of beating Florida.

3kgthog

Cut them now. I want the trash removed from this program. I can handle losses. What I can't handle is this once proud program becoming the basketball version of the old Miami Hurricanes, sans championships of course.

tolerati

Quote from: ke2743 on March 11, 2009, 01:58:29 pm
Hypothetically speaking, we still would have no chance in hell of beating Florida.
Hypothetically, I would have to agree with you.

WilsonHog

Quote from: heathtits on March 11, 2009, 01:48:41 pm
This has to be Fortson's book store incident. If you can't decipher that, get some glasses.

Nope.

ruarealhogfan

Love how someone can say some vague a** BS & now we are the Miami Hurricanes...Ridiculous!!!

heathtits

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 11, 2009, 02:03:50 pm
Nope.

Wow. This will be my last post in Jump Ball until something actually changes.

Cheers.

ruarealhogfan

Quote from: heathtits on March 11, 2009, 02:06:47 pm

Cheers.

And we thought this day couldn't get any better...j/k guy I actually enjoy arguing with ya...on another note the cat & mouse games played on here are awesome!

donewithdale

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 11, 2009, 02:00:55 pm
Cut them now. I want the trash removed from this program. I can handle losses. What I can't handle is this once proud program becoming the basketball version of the old Miami Hurricanes, sans championships of course.
Actually we are a version of the old Arkansas Razorbacks sans championships. 

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: donewithdale on March 11, 2009, 02:14:01 pm
Actually we are a version of the old Arkansas Razorbacks sans championships.
anyway you could send me that picture/poster of Obama the "snob" ?   that's yours for this website....but damn, i sure would like to use it for some of my political chat
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

chiefsfan

Quote from: heathtits on March 11, 2009, 02:06:47 pm

Cheers.

yay
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.