Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kodi Burns has 4 schools on his mind (Ole Miss Article)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 18, 2006, 03:49:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Chinese Emperor

Landonhog

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

werehog

Offer Nathan Dick before it is too late. It looks to me like Kodi has us way down on his pecking order.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: werehog on June 18, 2006, 04:53:36 pm
Offer Nathan Dick before it is too late. It looks to me like Kodi has us way down on his pecking order.

I think it is too late on Nathan.  Of course it's only a verbal at this point.

Good thing HDN was on the ball and we were the first school to offer Kodi, huh? ;)

thahawg

Quote from: TulsaHawg on June 18, 2006, 04:58:45 pm

Too late on Nathan.  Of course it's only a vebal at this point.

Good thing HDN was on the ball and we were the first school to offer Kodi, huh? ;)

Who did Nathan commit to?

The_Bionic_Pig

I was wanting to make that point that being first to offer can mean exactly squat... ask Cedric Houston, Deangelo Williams, etc...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hollywood_HOGan

???

How do you know we're low on the pecking order?

HatfieldHog

Kodi could do alot of things with himself in the upcoming season.  If he really shines, he could go up that ladder from #10 to the top 5.  Everybody seems to be looking for an "Athlete" for their QB.  I certainly would not mind having another Matt Jones.  But, I agree, with Mustain, it will be hard to get another QB on campus till Mustain has only two years left of eligibility.  I hate to see this kid get away.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: HatfieldHog on June 18, 2006, 05:08:04 pm
Kodi could do alot of things with himself in the upcoming season.  If he really shines, he could go up that ladder from #10 to the top 5.  Everybody seems to be looking for an "Athlete" for their QB.  I certainly would not mind having another Matt Jones.  But, I agree, with Mustain, it will be hard to get another QB on campus till Mustain has only two years left of eligibility.  I hate to see this kid get away.

See ya

Need to really push hard for Nathan Dick if Burns doesnt want to compete with Mitch.

berryhog

I hope we can get him don't get me wrong, but I refuse to let myself get bent out of shape about a recruit this early in the year as I did last year.  Especially at a position that I think we will be OK for a few seasons.  I agree that we need to get as many top position players as possible ( especially those that are instate ) ,and definitely need to make a great effort to recruit him, but "on paper" we have more pressing needs, IMO. 

Salvaboar Dali

If Burns doesn't pick us, I hope he goes to Ark State.

OklaU

I know that Kodi wanted to go to Texas, but he didn't think that would ever happen.  He then moved his attention toward aTm where Fran likes to utilize the run/pass QB.  It doesn't hurt that his coach's have spent time down at aTm learning some of  ideas and concepts from the aTm coaching staff.

Forget Kansas State, that won't happen.  The new coach up there isn't going to have the success that Snyner had, and I think Kodi knows that.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

werehog

pioneerhog

Well this kinda makes me wonder if Kodi is REALLY our only prospect at QB. At least to him he isn't, something might have changed since his interview with TRG. I say we offer Dick and his teammate that is the RB(can't remember his name) right now, I think we can get both of them.

OklaU

Kodi Burns won't be signing with the Hogs, it is my understanding he wants to get out of the area.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

hogtusk

If you haven't seen the video of Kodi Burns in the Recruiting Forum, it's worth a look.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

SwinedMelon

Ya- I think folks value that first offer way too much- the kids who don't get a lot of offers like the first one but when you have 10 offers it doesn't really help any I don't rekon.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

SwinedMelon

Quote from: Salvaboar Dali on June 18, 2006, 08:51:38 pm
If Burns doesn't pick us, I hope he goes to Ark State.
Don't hold your breath- He wants to be in the SEC- Vandy or O-piss would love to have him.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

hogsNbeer

Yep, Schaeffer was right...... "Nutt's a Closer when it comes to being in recruits living rooms"--    :puke:
Has Nutt even talked to the kid...?  We are doomed to Mediocrity again--- more of the same...