Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Damian Williams hurt in fan collision - do not click if not interested

Started by rabrya, April 01, 2008, 09:53:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on April 01, 2008, 05:57:03 pm
I get sick.............................I hated Houston Nutt. I know why when I watch this clip.

Right there with you.  See my name and my other statements.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SC-RAZOR

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on April 01, 2008, 05:57:03 pm
I get sick.............................I hated Houston Nutt. I know why when I watch this clip.
I had honestly gotten over it until the announcer said something along the lines of "(you could be seeing the future of Arkansas Football with Mitch Mustain here)". Lord, I am going to need some tissue.

eddyhog

Quote from: BEvERage on April 01, 2008, 04:32:44 pm
Actually Sir, I have been to over 100 practices, dating back to Hatfield. If the practices there are crowded, not all can fit on the hillsides.
I never counted how many I've been to. Doesn't seem to be that important. I've never seen kids standing on the sidelines and lately when practices were open they had some guy making people move back onto the grass hillside and yes it was crowded up there. The point is I don't think it's going to be a problem like it obviously is at USC.

TruthHog

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 01, 2008, 05:54:09 pm
And they are local kids from NWA so we naturally want them to do well.  Just because they play somewhere else now does not mean they are not from the great state of Arkansas. I like to hear reports on all the kids from Arkansas. 

Wayne I don't agree with you a lot but I am behind you 100 percent on this.
Calmer than you are.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: TruthHog on April 01, 2008, 06:47:32 pm
Wayne I don't agree with you a lot but I am behind you 100 percent on this.

You have to cheer the boys and girls from Arkansas.  Everything is not always rosy and moves have to be made.  I will still be proud of them wherever they achieve greatness.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: SC-RAZOR on April 01, 2008, 06:02:49 pm
I had honestly gotten over it until the announcer said something along the lines of "(you could be seeing the future of Arkansas Football with Mitch Mustain here)". Lord, I am going to need some tissue.
We all could see the future man.. It was right there in our own backyard. And that stupid SOB ruined it. I am proud of Reganite and all of the people like myself who heled run that Rat Bastard out of here.

It was long over due. I don't blame Mitch or the other kids for any of it.
This was ruined by a man, Not a kid.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

fordhog

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on April 01, 2008, 09:41:17 pm
We all could see the future man.. It was right there in our own backyard. And that stupid SOB ruined it. I am proud of Reganite and all of the people like myself who heled run that Rat Bastard out of here.

It was long over due. I don't blame Mitch or the other kids for any of it.
This was ruined by a man, Not a kid.
You hit the nail on the head !!!!!!!!!!

mlloyd4

This place has gotten too sensitve lately.  I hope the Williams is alright and has a solid season.  He is just a kid and deserves a chance at USC. 

Open practice is great for the fans and the competition.  But, roaming on the sidelines should be limited to specific times in the best interest of the players safety.
WPS

farhan

Man, "We might be witnessing the beginning of the Mustain era at Arkansas"....so much for that...sigh

neahog

Quote from: Death by Hog on April 01, 2008, 10:20:54 am
Hope he heals up soon!
Im ready to see the Mitch to Damian connected at USC!
Fight On Mitch and Damian

Seems to me that some people are bigger Mitch/Damien fans than Arkansas fans. I wish them well too, but "fight on mitch and damien"?, come on.

BTW, good post, I hope its not a big deal.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Wayne Watson

Quote from: neahog on April 01, 2008, 10:46:58 pm
Seems to me that some people are bigger Mitch/Damien fans than Arkansas fans. I wish them well too, but "fight on mitch and damien"?, come on.

BTW, good post, I hope its not a big deal.

Some of us just wish the best for Arkansas kids.  And like seeing news about them.
We don't rent pigs

BigoBoys

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 01, 2008, 05:26:34 pm
;D

Man, I didn't need to see that again, but I watch it every time it comes up.  Didn't Danielson say something like (on the running game) "you have to change your thinking"?  Time to reload the drink.

neahog

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 01, 2008, 10:56:59 pm
Some of us just wish the best for Arkansas kids.  And like seeing news about them.

I guess you didn't read my post, I hope Damien is ok, and I hope Mitch completes 6,000 passes for 60,000 yards and 100 tds, all to Damien...the "march on" comment just erked me.

BTW, I hope USC goes 0-12, I don't wish any non SEC team to do well, just the Arkansas kids that might play on any team anywhere in the country.
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Hogndog36

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 01, 2008, 05:31:09 pm
Wonder what the scored would have been if MM and DW would have been allowed play the whole game.

bout 44-21 maybe. USC was way better than us.
Smite me..... HAHA Smite me

Jones4040

Come on guys. Starting true freshman, in his first game ever, against on of the greatest college football teams every assembled? and you think Mustain excels in that environment. He was a freshman for crying out loud. You guys fail to remember that the kid threw nearly as many INT's as TD's. His numbers, statistically were worse than Dick's. Not his fault, he was just a freshman, but to say that if Mustain started that game the outcome would have been any different at all is just not senseable.

hogsanity

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 01, 2008, 10:56:59 pm

Then, maybe we should have a forum for posts about Ar kids playing out of state.  Seriously, why no threads about the kid from Hazen who went to Vandy?  Isnt there a kid from here playing for Duke?  Or, will we have to have the numerous threads on MMQB, once the season starts, about MM/DW, Kodi Burns, Pinalto, Clay, etc?  If so, then the MMQB board, which I thought was for RAZORBACK sports, will be half full of threads about other schools during Petrino's first season.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dr. Hogenstein

If you don't care about Damian and Mitch...
Don't read the post.
These guys are like the people who complain about TV content when they could just change the channel.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

lookinupthehill

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 02, 2008, 09:18:02 am
Come on guys. Starting true freshman, in his first game ever, against on of the greatest college football teams every assembled? and you think Mustain excels in that environment. He was a freshman for crying out loud. You guys fail to remember that the kid threw nearly as many INT's as TD's. His numbers, statistically were worse than Dick's. Not his fault, he was just a freshman, but to say that if Mustain started that game the outcome would have been any different at all is just not senseable.

I think the point is the package of the whole thing.  I mean it was blatently obvious who was calling THOSE plays.  We had a smart, talented QB, the 2 best RBs in the nation, a coupe of good talents at WR, and a revolutionary new OC, but that sorry can of worms had to go and ruin it all.  I mean, watch the drive... how many times did DMAC touch the ball?  Look anything familiar to what we're going to be going through this year?  If nothing else, after I get over the depression from my memory of that experience, at least it gives some hope for the coming year.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dr. Hogenstein on April 02, 2008, 09:24:58 am
Don't read the post.
These guys are like the people who complain about TV content when they could just change the channel.

Caring is one thing, but posting the same tired stuff is different.  Just like the video clip above.  It has been posted here, proabably litterally, hundreds of times. 

I want all the kids from Ar to excell, because I like to see people be successful.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dr. Hogenstein

I didn't know Damian was hurt in a collision with a fan before the post.
I saw the posting and because i was curious, read the post.
How is this the same old info?

Quote from: hogsanity on April 02, 2008, 09:32:35 am
Caring is one thing, but posting the same tired stuff is different.  Just like the video clip above.  It has been posted here, proabably litterally, hundreds of times. 

I want all the kids from Ar to excell, because I like to see people be successful.

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: Dr. Hogenstein on April 02, 2008, 09:24:58 am
Don't read the post.

But I would be upset if I tuned into to watch ESPN and they had Gilligan's Island marathon on.  Kind of like coming to Hogville and constantly seeing information about USC.   If I want to watch sitcom telivision I'l go to the appropriate station.  If I want information about USC I'll go to their website. 

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on April 02, 2008, 09:41:19 am
But I would be upset if I tuned into to watch ESPN and they had Gilligan's Island marathon on.  Kind of like coming to Hogville and constantly seeing information about USC.   If I want to watch sitcom telivision I'l go to the appropriate station.  If I want information about USC I'll go to their website. 

That makes zero sense.  None zip nada.  Not even a like comparison......
Let's make some waves.

Special Delivery Jones

Heck post about them as much as you want.  Thats fine.  But I do wonder what will take precedent's in the fall.  Will there be USC game threads?  Is that actually going to happen?  Why not a Tulsa daily update.  Keep up with Norman also. 

HoopS

Did you pay attention around recruiting season?  I did.  And not a single thread was started here or any other Hog site about "I hope USC signs such and such".  Not a single one.

We are Hog fans. 

We also can talk about other people and schools of interest. 

You can skip the threads.

Special Delivery Jones

Yep I could.  I guess I could also not skip the thread and have an opinion that differs from others. 

HoopS

footballhog57

I wish Damien the best. It's one thing to go to the practices, but the sidelines should be for players only.

HoopS

hogsanity

USC has always had problems with people on the sidelines.  Didn't they get in trouble with the NCAA for having people on the sidelines during games when Bush and Lineart were playing?

Special Delivery Jones

Quote from: HoopS on April 02, 2008, 10:02:27 am
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=212710.msg2119724;wap2#new

A quick glance tells me you're not in this "Non-Hog" thread, Jones.  

Why's that?

Are you really that interested in why I am not posting about Sean Sutton?  Wow.  Thanks for the thoughts and the work that you actually put in to discover that.  Incredibly amazing. 

HoopS

It took about 10 seconds.  That's about 9 seconds longer than it should have taken you and the others to see this thread title and realize you didn't care.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on April 02, 2008, 10:28:29 am
It took about 10 seconds.  That's about 9 seconds longer than it should have taken you and the others to see this thread title and realize you didn't care.

Again, I did care. because I wanted to know what happened.  I found it interesting.  But, of course, it could not stick to the story.  It had to degenerate into "  Oh my booo hoo hoo, what could have been, blah blah blah".  We have Petrino know.  We had a decent recruting class.  We signed 2 good yong Qb's, and Mallett transferred in as well.  We got Joe Adams.  Petruno is already recruting for next signing class, and proabably for the one after that( if thats legal ). 

However, as many hog fans have shown recently, they can't look to the future for living in the past.

HoopS

And let's be honest.....

You can say that this is a Razorback board and why are we talking about USC and others.  That's all well and good.  Yet, I didn't even have to look in that other thread to know you weren't in it.

Nobody complains about non-Hog threads....not really.  They complain when we mention Mitch, or Damian, or Gus. 

At least be honest about it.

So tell me, why are you crying in this thread and not the others?

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on April 02, 2008, 10:38:22 am
And let's be honest.....

You can say that this is a Razorback board and why are we talking about USC and others.  That's all well and good.  Yet, I didn't even have to look in that other thread to know you weren't in it.

Nobody complains about non-Hog threads....not really.  They complain when we mention Mitch, or Damian, of Gus. 

At least be honest about it.

So tell me, why are you crying in this thread and not the others?

Well, most non-hog threads get moved from MMQB, unless, of course, they can be used to continue to bring up HDN.  IMO, which is worth about nothing, MMQB should be like Jump Ball.  It should be for Razorback FB.  Updates on AR kids playing elsewhere are fine, except they always degenerate into the same old slop.

HoopS

Hogsanity, here's the thing.   They don't always have to be slop.  But without fail, someone who "doesn't care" pops in and stirs the pot.

The Marmot

The fact is, as long as there is the "woe is us, what could have been, they are martyrs, blah, blah, blah" b.s., there will be those that say "move on, who cares, they're gone".

Hopefully our new staff and team will be able to bring us all together at some point.

NOTE: I see nothing wrong with updates on athletes from AR, but I agree that the complaining about the past is old and pointless.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: HoopS on April 02, 2008, 10:52:38 am
Hogsanity, here's the thing.   They don't always have to be slop.  But without fail, someone who "doesn't care" pops in and stirs the pot.

Look at this thread.  Jones 4040 made some dumb posts, and the mods handled it.  Then all was fine until Wayne just had to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re- to the 10th power post the video of MM against USC.  Jones4040 posts were removed, as they should have been, because they had nothing to do with the topic.  Neither does the video, but it is still here.  If it is going to be posted, then, obviously, it is going to be discussed.  Why then, is anyone surprised, at what the thread turns into.

Nashville Fan

There is a lesson to be learned here... No kids on the sidelines during drills. The kid that was hurt last year and DW's ankle are needless accidents. AR fans should be allowed into spring practices but when drills are being ran, there should be no one on the field but players and coaches. It is amazing that an University risk management departments even allow it. Have a fan mixer after practice, if you want. But no fans in the practice area during practice please.  If you are dumb enough to bring your little kid to the sidelines, like last year, then for G sake take care of them. Lecture over.
Pittman or Bust!

Sao Ming

Quote from: hogsanity on April 02, 2008, 11:08:31 am
Look at this thread.  Jones 4040 made some dumb posts, and the mods handled it.  Then all was fine until Wayne just had to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re- to the 10th power post the video of MM against USC.  Jones4040 posts were removed, as they should have been, because they had nothing to do with the topic.  Neither does the video, but it is still here.  If it is going to be posted, then, obviously, it is going to be discussed.  Why then, is anyone surprised, at what the thread turns into.

Tis true.  Wayne et al removed my post yesterday explaining why threads like this fail and 90% of the time its a Mods ribbing that causes it.

Marmot's post above is very good as well.  Not only good but very true.

Wayne Watson

The reason threads fail is because folks derail the thread like what's happening now.  The thread is about DW.  The video shows DW at his finest. 
We don't rent pigs

Silver Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on April 02, 2008, 11:08:31 am

Ummm DW is in that video...  as a hog.  Makes it doubly important to this thread actually.  I guess you never saw the video?

hogsanity

Quote from: wayne1958 on April 02, 2008, 12:24:09 pm
The reason threads fail is because folks derail the thread like what's happening now.  The thread is about DW.  The video shows DW at his finest. 

I thought the thread, by its title, was about DW being injured in a collision at a USC practice with a child.  Now, video of that would have been germain to the thread.

Quote from: swisshog on April 02, 2008, 12:29:38 pm
Ummm DW is in that video...  as a hog.  Makes it doubly important to this thread actually.  I guess you never saw the video?

I saw it when it happened, and about 50 times on here after the game.

Wayne Watson

How about this?  Discuss DW and not whether the thread should be here.
We don't rent pigs

ESPNhater

Quote from: Pel Legs™ on April 01, 2008, 10:18:06 am
If you don't want to comment on the thread, at least in a semi-productive manner, MOVE ALONG.  

I wonder if it'll require another shoulder surgery?

Let's make some waves.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

mlloyd4

This board is great.  I don't really care if DW getting hurt is posted in MMQ or non Hog.  It is the fact that it is posted and it can be discussed that I enjoy. 

I am still pissed about that 82 SMU game, and the loss the next week to Texas.  It will be years before some move on from Nutt/Mustain epic, and other never will.
WPS

eddyhog

I read a lot more than I post. I've actually been reading Hogville as a guest for several years. It's interesting how the same people keep trying to moderate even though they aren't moderators and nobody asked them to moderate. So a guy like me is reading a thread and suddenly it's not about the original subject matter anymore it's about the policies of Hogville.

Personally I think the moderators here have the patience of Job. It's sort of like watching the cops before a Hog football game. A cop points a certain way and the drivers go that way. But there's always the guy who wants to stop and debate the parking polices of the University of Arkansas. While he's having his little debate traffic backs up and everyone behind him is screwed. Sometimes I think that's the whole purpose of the debate. To show the rest of us what a big shot the guy is.