Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MERGED - All Auburn, TT, Coaches Wives, Potential Candidates, and Nutt to AU posts

Started by Hawg Barry, December 04, 2008, 12:50:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue35

The Plainsmen of Auburn are truly in meltdown.

Blue35

Hootie at Auburn would go over like a turd in the punchbowl.

GWFan

December 04, 2008, 10:46:51 pm #102 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:24:15 pm by GWFan
Quote from: Porkette on December 04, 2008, 10:24:14 pm
Wow.

Not that I really agree with how these women handled the situation (probably hasn't been much help to their husbands), but what century are we living in again.?
Well, you know how women are...... can't keep their mouths shut.  That's why they need to stay barefoot/pregnant and in the kitchen.

Just kidding :) :) ;) :) ;D ;D

hoginator

Quote from: wholehog92 on December 04, 2008, 02:50:38 pm
I haven't seen a lot of fan support for this move.
This type of move needs this type of support...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

hogsndawgs

These wives and these coaches have plenty of reason to be pissed, I can't blame them for calling in...BUT...they are being just about as unprofessional as the University. Auburn's screwed, which is good for us, these women may have hurt their husbands' chances of future jobs especially if TT and staff don't all get a job as a unit. I'm sure they called in as an emotional reaction without time to think it through, but it could hurt them...

Either way, Auburn made a huge mistake.

GWFan

December 04, 2008, 11:23:32 pm #105 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:52:55 pm by GWFan
I don't think these phone calls are gonna stick around long.
If Houston Nutt's wife alleged 2X4 comment about a highly recruited players mother didn't hurt him, then I really doubt these emotional phone calls from assist coaches wives are gonna correlate into career damage.

N HOG

Quote from: The Boar War on December 04, 2008, 02:45:28 pm
People looking from the outside said the same thing about us last year.  What is Arkansas doing?  They're getting rid of a coach that was the 2006 SEC coach of the year, went to the SEC championship game, and went 8-5.  Everybody who was ignorant of the true situation (and some who weren't) thought we were crazy.  That making this move would set Arkansas football back ten years.  It would kill recruiting. 

Well we know what happened and why Houston had to be fired.  Maybe Auburn has similar issues with Tuberville.  We all hated it when people (from the outside looking in) like Tim Brando criticized us for firing Houston.  Maybe we should give Auburn the benefit of the doubt.

I think simply taking a look at the SEC records of Tuberville and The Dale should effectively end any comparison between the two situations.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: N HOG on December 04, 2008, 11:29:44 pm
I think simply taking a look at the SEC records of Tuberville and The Dale should effectively end any comparison between the two situations.

Agreed.

N HOG

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 04, 2008, 08:12:09 pm
I'll give you NE, but the LSU "flirtation" I'm certain has always been BS.  It wasn't legit. 

So in the 10 years nutt spent at UA, he got 1 legit offer from a decent program after the first 3 or 4 candidates for that job declined.  Yep, the media is right, nutty's a great coach.

I'm not even sure Nebraska was totally legit. Nebraska alum Trev Albert claimed it wasn't and I tend to believe him.

WILL CLINTON

December 04, 2008, 11:49:05 pm #109 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:04:14 am by WILL CLINTON
There's no bitching in football...

That's why women belong in the stands, not on the sidelines. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Justifiable Hogicide

PigglyWiggly

If Nutt had been contacted, you know he'd play the heck out of it to get a raise out of OM.  I call BS currently.  Hope they don't have to stoop that low.

Arkansas#1

Haulin, I can see you a man on top of your game!

Hogsnort

Quote from: Blue35 on December 04, 2008, 10:43:37 pm
Hootie at Auburn would go over like a turd in the punchbowl.
I really didn't grasp the truth in your statement until I actually assessed it in a visual manner. You nailed it!

hawgsav1

December 05, 2008, 05:43:36 am #117 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 05:46:38 am by hawgsav1
I do not believe that there is a parallel between Auburn and Arkansas.  Let's start with the basics:

Houston Nutt:  had a 42-40 record in the SEC, built up mostly against Mississippi schools
Tuberville: had a 52-30 record against SEC competition and since 2000, had the best conference record out of all SEC schools.

Houston Nutt: No BCS bowls and no SEC championship
Tuberville: Undefeated Season and a BCS bowl victory combined with one SEC championship

Houston Nutt: 2-1 against Texas, 4-5 against LSU (at Arkansas)
Tuberville: 70% winning percentage against Bama, best Iron Bowl percentage in history

Houston Nutt: losing record against top 10 teams
Tommy Tuberville: has won 9/12 past games against top 12 teams.

From an attitude standpoint, Tuberville wins.  Houston Nutt was satisfied with 8 wins and a bowl.  He had no desire to take the team any higher.  Any other success was a bonus to him.  Tuberville was constantly striving to be better and improve Auburn.  He always worked hard and did his best to improve Auburn.

Houston Nutt monkeyed around wayyyy too much at Arkansas (and I'm not even referring to the Springdale nonsense).  He took this job for granted because he was so rah rah about the school.  Tuberville went about his business in a calm and professional manner.  I would have taken him in a heartbeat. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

twistitup

Aub. made a big mistake letting Tubbie get away. They will not be able to find such a stable force in the future.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

pitbull1

Hootie just trying to get more money out of Ole Piss!!

The Boar War

Quote from: dr_arkansawyer on December 04, 2008, 10:11:23 pm
It's really fun to watch the AU and OM fans quibbling about HDN. 

I once saw two dogs playing tug of war with a piece of grissle.  Seems eerily familiar.  Don't worry Auburn this is typical Houston operating procedure.  A job opens up and within the hour he's beating down the door to tell the media he's turned it down.  I actually think he believes that his agent guaging his interest in the job is the same as an offer.

SquidBilly

If Auburn fired Tuberville and then they hire Nutt they'll get exactly what they deserve.  I can see Nutt wanting to do this though because he's already raised expectations at Ole Miss higher than he'll be able to live up to.  Auburn's down so he could go over there, take them to a bowl, and look like the second coming.

Music City Hog

Can you imagine how bad Saban would crush Nutt in that state?  lol.   wow, can you imagine the recruiting rankings of those two...

hogcoots

As a Razorback fan from birth, I hope that AU gets TCTWF as their coach.  Look at it this way, Old Mrs. is not a championship caliber program regardless of who they bring in as coach.  Their fans are happy with 7-8 wins per year.  However, AU is a championship caliber program.  If they inject TCTWF into their program, then we can watch them catapult to the level of mediocrity that they have never experienced.  He will consistently produce 6-8 wins per year.  That would leave 'Bama, AR, and LSU as the leaders of the Western Division.  With Miles at the helm of LSU, the Razorbacks can expect to be in Atlanta competing for SEC titles quite often. 

I say, "Come on Auburn.  Launch that plane to Oxford.  He's your man.  Get him locked in before Notre Dame comes calling!"

Verge

Coolest part about the whole thing though... if bama is caught paying players... they will get death penalty for sure. They would be finished.

Hog Nutt

I wanna know who these "most people" are that think that Ole Miss has the nicest facilities in the SEC?? That dude is smokin some good chit.

HotlantaHog

I am kind of fond of Auburn. Having visited most of the SEC campuses, I would say the people of Auburn are the friendliest, classiest fans anywhere. It is a quaint, small Southern town, but with lots of character and hospitality. There are lots of places where fans make the experience a bit of a challenge -- Georgia, for example. People at Auburn congratulated us after Hogs won, each time that has happened. They are very gracious, win or lose.

This is a long way of saying I hope Auburn ends up with a decent coach. There is a high likelihood it will be a dropoff from TT, but I don't wish Nutt on them.

MDH

My sources close to the Nutt family say that he's got another year of good recruiting to ride out, then it's on to ND.  In fact he's already started Catechism to make him a more attractive prospect for the job.  Sorry War Eagle...  At least that's what the sources say...
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

OTTER

December 05, 2008, 08:25:18 am #129 Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 08:42:26 am by OTTER
I would not be supprised if Nutty left OM.  I am supprised that AU would consider him, if indeed they are.  If, in fact, he is hired by AU, they will deserve everything they get in return which will be the complete demise of a once good program.  Hootie trying to recruit head to head against Saban in the state of Alabama would be a real joke.  Go ahead AU, hire the Dork!!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

stronguard

IF Aubie is contacting NuttyBuddy (which I highly doubt) then I hope he gets on that plane brutha.  How ironic is it that the gap toothed inbreds in Miss-uh-sippy would lose their supposedly "devoted" coach after 1 year when those retards were hounding us about Petrino jumping ship early.  That would be justice.  I'm putting my vote in for NuttyBuddy to be the next coach on the plains.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

clew

Pure as the dawn

FATBACKHAWG

Quote from: RunnerHog on December 04, 2008, 01:11:52 pm
I'm shocked.  Accusing a SEC team of buying players? What has the world come to. 

And Alabama none the less.......I heard their farts don't even stink...That can't be true though as I heard that children of inbreeding have flatulence problems......

hawgsav1

Oh man...wow...that'll be at least 3 times Nutt has screwed over Tuberville in the past 10 years.  First he gets handed the Arkansas job (who knows why) over him, then when Nutt is fired, Long balks at paying the buyout to get Tubby out of Auburn.  Now for the possibility that Nutt replaces him at Auburn...what a world.  Who would have thought that Nutt would last longer in the SEC than Tubby?

Piglet Dispersion Syndrome

I'm glad these ladies spoke their mind.  Too often it is forgotten that the families are affected the most, particularly the assistants who don't often have golden handcuffs the head coaches have.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 05, 2008, 09:02:30 am
Oh man...wow...that'll be at least 3 times Nutt has screwed over Tuberville in the past 10 years.  First he gets handed the Arkansas job (who knows why) over him, then when Nutt is fired, Long balks at paying the buyout to get Tubby out of Auburn.  Now for the possibility that Nutt replaces him at Auburn...what a world.  Who would have thought that Nutt would last longer in the SEC than Tubby?

No kidding!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 04, 2008, 01:32:05 pm
All of this overboard TT hugging is beginning to make me sick. Come on people! The man
totally screwed the pooch when he fired Al Borges and then fired his replacement in
mid-season while tanking the whole year! He had this coming! The only reason TT had
success at Auburn is because for most of his tenure Bama had sorry coaches and the Hogs
had Nutt not to mention Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss and Croome at MSU. The man made a living
winning against poor coaching!

You're pretty much on the mark.
[CENSORED]!

Hogaliciousness

The comments are classic.  To trade TT for Nutt - desperation.
I am ready for some football!

Hawgrox

One of the funnier comments from that board...

"this is from a huge alabama fan, please don't get petrino, or turner gill, i'm perfectly fine with houston nutt"

DeltaBoy

I smell and call BS on the NUTT and how TT left I trust TT Momma more than the Media and she says TT got Fired.  Jacobs and Goulde are trying to be John boy White and Paw Paw Frank and Like our two Idiots I hope this comes back to bite them in the 6.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgon

This would be so funny on so many levels.  Auburn fans wailing and gnashing of the teeth.  Ole Miss fans wailing and gnashing of the teeth.  Us being able to make fun of them both.  Saban killing Nutt in recruiting and on the field.  Nutt coming back to Fayetteville next year.  Nutt finally being at a school where he can't hide and being exposed for the fraud he is.

I suggest everyone say a little prayer for this all to come to pass.  The board would never be more fun than it would be if this all happened.

hawgsav1

Quote from: Hawgon on December 05, 2008, 09:12:50 am
This would be so funny on so many levels.  Auburn fans wailing and gnashing of the teeth.  Ole Miss fans wailing and gnashing of the teeth.  Us being able to make fun of them both.  Saban killing Nutt in recruiting and on the field.  Nutt coming back to Fayetteville next year.  Nutt finally being at a school where he can't hide and being exposed for the fraud he is.

I suggest everyone say a little prayer for this all to come to pass.  The board would never be more fun than it would be if this all happened.

Now I'm no Auburn fan, but would you really wish for Nutt to go on a rampage and destroy the rest of the SEC programs while he's at it?  I mean I figure Ole MIss is enough.  I never really liked them anyway and I figure they couldn't be saddled with a better coach for them.  I never really  minded Auburn, and even after the way they treated Tubby I just view it as their loss. 

The Lemming

Quote from: Hawgon on December 05, 2008, 09:12:50 am

Oh the glee!

cbjagman

I love the comment about Houston being a "wow" factor. YGTBJ (you got to be joking)! The only "wow" factor I can see Hooter bringing is the "wow, sure glad he finally left town". As far a Nuttso never going away I suppose we could compare him to a bad case of the clap: it never goes away until you take the most drastic measure of dosing it with penicillin!

DeltaBoy

Sexton is just trying to squezze more money out of OM for Nuttsack!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hawgon

It would be so typical Houston Nutt.  That jackass could fall in a giant pile of darn and come out smelling like a rose.  Then, everyone would talk about how nice the rose smell is.  Then finally, when Hootie is gone, everyone notices how there is darn on everything he touched and damn, it smells really bad.

Hawgon

QuoteI love the comment about Houston being a "wow" factor. YGTBJ (you got to be joking)! The only "wow" factor I can see Hooter bringing is the "wow, sure glad he finally left town".

I think the WOW factor is "Holy darn!  We fired Tubs to get Col. Dale???!!!!"

hogchic2001

That would suck for Kodi Burns to get stuck with HDN.
Go HOGS Go!