Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MERGED - All Auburn, TT, Coaches Wives, Potential Candidates, and Nutt to AU posts

Started by Hawg Barry, December 04, 2008, 12:50:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Barry

December 04, 2008, 12:57:38 pm #1 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:06:22 pm by Hawg Barry
Coach's wife really slams Auburn and accuses Saban of buying players at Bama.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

SILK PURSE

Dayum! 

Can you imagine your wife getting on the radio and bitching about your work situation?

Its gotta suck for the assistants.  Do they receive a buy-out or severance in cases like this to pay the bills while looking for a new job?
On the dark days, I sit in a dimly lit alcove crushing up 250mg Nuvigil tablets and knitting tiny pink practice jerseys for Mr. Whiskers.  Then I think of the Herringboner Series--back to back fake punt calls in the 2008 Cotton Bowl.  Soon, shrill peals of laughter echo out the window and across the courtyard.

SILK PURSE

Quote from: Hawg Barry on December 04, 2008, 12:57:38 pm
Tuberville's wife really slams Auburn and accuses Saban of buying players at Bama.

I think it was the wife of Steve Ensminger (the O-Coordinator).
On the dark days, I sit in a dimly lit alcove crushing up 250mg Nuvigil tablets and knitting tiny pink practice jerseys for Mr. Whiskers.  Then I think of the Herringboner Series--back to back fake punt calls in the 2008 Cotton Bowl.  Soon, shrill peals of laughter echo out the window and across the courtyard.

311Hog

wow Auburn really screwed the pooch on this one, the assistants found out they were out of a job, while in recruits home's on the road. 

They really lay into Saban and the powers that be at Auburn, this one is going to sting for awhile.

Hawg Barry

Quote from: SILK PURSE on December 04, 2008, 01:05:56 pm
I think it was the wife of Steve Ensminger (the O-Coordinator).
corrected. Thanks.

PetrinoBall is rolling!!

hogsanity

Anymore we hear as much from player parents and coaches spouses, and AD's  than we do from the coaches and players themselves.  Kind of makes you wonder who is actully running the show sometimes.

This is going to kill Auburn for a decade.  Ther recruiting will be so bad the next 2 seasons for sure, and maybe longer.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RunnerHog

I'm shocked.  Accusing a SEC team of buying players? What has the world come to. 

SpringTxHOG

This has got to be a joke???  Seriously!!!

RT1941

Sounds like some of those husbands need to buy muzzles to me.  What are the chances of another school hiring one of the asst's whose wife has just bashed his former employer publically?
RazorTusk!!!!

RunnerHog

Quote from: RT1941 on December 04, 2008, 01:13:44 pm
Sounds like some of those husbands need to buy muzzles to me.  What are the chances of another school hiring one of the asst's whose wife has just bashed his former employer publically?

Not to mention a employer who gave them a years severance pay

311Hog

Quote from: RunnerHog on December 04, 2008, 01:14:48 pm
Not to mention a employer who gave them a years severance pay

this is big time college football you gotta kill someone not to get hired again somewhere else, i would bet Tubberville and Co. have a job before summer. Their record proves itself i bet they slip off to some WAC school or ACC school and win big.

Thing you need to know is that TT and Co. know where all the skeleton's are buried, i bet they dont want him talking anymore then we wanted Nuttless.

805 SOCALHOG

The Realist

Are you serious?  This woman has a right to be pissed.
Look the big Auburn boosters are the most ridiculous people in the SEC.  What other school would try to have Tommy Tuberville fired no less than 3 times in secret meetings during the season?  They have been looking for any reason possible since 2003.  Auburn boosters just made the worst decision for the worst reasons: They got rattled by Saban's success plain and simple. 

How about if you are Ensminger?  You are in the home of your 4 * QB and you get a call saying "You need to come back to Auburn".  Well you know what that call means so how does that look to your recruit?  "Sorry, I just got the call, I'm fired so I gotta head back"  Auburn has little man's syndrome worse than any other SEC school.  At least we did it the right way and got the right coach.  Auburn fired a coach they shouldn't have, waited too late to do it, coaching jobs already being taken up and coaches agreeing to extensions all while recruiting season is just heating up after you pissed off all your current recruits.  War Eagle.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

Thrilbilly

Sounded to me like Amy and Donna represented themselves and the coaches well! They were done wrong.

Thril

cbjagman

The state of Alabama is on the cusp of exploding. While the 'Bama faithful are no doubt delighted with the turmoil in AUburn, much of the rest of the state is ready to declare war! Having followed football in this state I quickly realized that the feud that exists is akin to the Hatfield and McCoys. While visiting a relative of mine a few years ago I happened to wear an Arkansas cap (identified only with an "A")out to a store. I was soon approached by a lady who asked me if the "A" stood for 'Bama. I told her "no, it stands for the Arkansas Razorbacks". She breathed a sigh of relief and explained that he had several kids at Tusculoosa (sp). About that time another lady approached and apparently having overheard our conversation immediately got into the face of the first woman. Come to find out the second was an AUburn grad with a daughter that was also attending AU. Immediately a  heated shouting and insulting match ensued and I beat a hasty retreat. Later my uncle explained that insulting the in-state rival is a 365 day a year habit down in Ala.

memphishog

wow. that is crazy. they need to talk to kurt warner about that.

AuburnHog

Quote from: The Realist on December 04, 2008, 01:19:22 pm
Look the big Auburn boosters are the most ridiculous people in the SEC.  What other school would try to have Tommy Tuberville fired no less than 3 times in secret meetings during the season?  They have been looking for any reason possible since 2003.  Auburn boosters just made the worst decision for the worst reasons: They got rattled by Saban's success plain and simple. 

How about if you are Ensminger?  You are in the home of your 4 * QB and you get a call saying "You need to come back to Auburn".  Well you know what that call means so how does that look to your recruit?  "Sorry, I just got the call, I'm fired so I gotta head back"  Auburn has little man's syndrome worse than any other SEC school.  At least we did it the right way and got the right coach.  Auburn fired a coach they shouldn't have, waited too late to do it, coaching jobs already being taken up and coaches agreeing to extensions all while recruiting season is just heating up after you pissed off all your current recruits.  War Eagle.

Most accurate quote I've seen today about this situation.

EnemyOfMojo

broken legs

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 pm
today when Darr got the winning hit me and some buddies went nuts in my living room, and we even dogpiled in the floor. well, I ended up on bottom and my dog, who doesn't like anybody anyways, thought I was being attacked. so the dog rushes and bites my friend from behind right in the sack! he pissed all over himself and another guy whose face was right below his shorts. They get into a fight and end up shattering the front storm door on my house. After this we all just kind of stopped, as the wife was totally pissed. so we went outside and called the hogs. what a day! I just WPS!

tiber

It seems that a call to Raymond Cotton (who the O-Coord was recruiting at the time) might be in order - http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=79218

AckaBacka

So a grown woman can't speak her mind?  She doesn't need your approval to say what she feels.

This means Tuberville didn't make the decision to quit like the AD and President said. If so, he would have told his assistants before quitting.

GuvHog

Quote from: The Realist on December 04, 2008, 01:19:22 pm

All of this overboard TT hugging is beginning to make me sick. Come on people! The man
totally screwed the pooch when he fired Al Borges and then fired his replacement in
mid-season while tanking the whole year! He had this coming! The only reason TT had
success at Auburn is because for most of his tenure Bama had sorry coaches and the Hogs
had Nutt not to mention Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss and Croome at MSU. The man made a living
winning against poor coaching!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Peety

I say more power to these women, they sit by quietly while their husbands are being bashed on the internet, radio and tv.  I'm sure this was just all they could take and they have every right to stand up for their families!!

AckaBacka

GUV,
I dont think these ladies were as pissed about the firings as much as how they went down.  If you listen to all the clips, thats what they say over and over.  How the coaches were on the road in recruits living rooms when they were fired.  No telling the familes before it went public.

hoginator

Great find. Great time of the year. We were the negative talk of the college football world the last year and now those powers will shift to Auburn. Congrats War Eagles...err...Tigers. You had it coming and can thank your big boosters...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

AckaBacka

Quote from: hoginator on December 04, 2008, 01:38:12 pm
Great find. Great time of the year. We were the negative talk of the college football world the last year and now those powers will shift to Auburn. Congrats War Eagles...err...Tigers. You had it coming and can thank your big boosters...
Now if they can only hire an NFL coach away from his team with a few games left, we will be in the clear.

tiber

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 04, 2008, 01:32:05 pm
All of this overboard TT hugging is beginning to make me sick. Come on people! The man
totally screwed the pooch when he fired Al Borges and then fired his replacement in
mid-season while tanking the whole year! He had this coming! The only reason TT had
success at Auburn is because for most of his tenure Bama had sorry coaches and the Hogs
had Nutt not to mention Ed Orgeron at Ole Miss and Croome at MSU. The man made a living
winning against poor coaching!

I think most people's rationale for any 'TT hugging' would be that on the surface Auburn is overreacting to one bad season in which TT made mistakes, and later admitted to them. 
Given his past success with the program (against plenty of solid competition no matter how much poor coaching can be pointed to) most people would expect a 'solid, secure program' to give a respected coach a pass. 
If looked at in a wider scope this man deserved much more rope than has been given to lesser coaches at other programs.

There may be plenty of backroom drama to support what's been done at Auburn, but there isn't a fraction of it that I'm aware of to compare with what Nutt did over his last few seasons here.

MacHog19

hogsanity, I told a co-worker the very same thing this morning, that I expect Auburn will spend the next decade trying to recover from this fiasco.  I fully expect that the next 10 years for Auburn will be like the stretch between 1997 and 2006 were for Alabama. 

DeltaBoy

I see 3-5 years of pain for the War Eagle Faithful.

They need a U of Arkansas house cleaning.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AckaBacka

Chuck Barrett says that firing Tubberville will set Auburn football back 10-15 years.

elksnort

Listen to: www.myfoxfinebaum.com starting at 2:00 P.M. central.

It ought to be amusing.

GuvHog

December 04, 2008, 01:56:16 pm #33 Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 01:58:56 pm by GUVHOG
Quote from: tiber on December 04, 2008, 01:40:54 pm
I think most people's rationale for any 'TT hugging' would be that on the surface Auburn is overreacting to one bad season in which TT made mistakes, and later admitted to them. 
Given his past success with the program (against plenty of solid competition no matter how much poor coaching can be pointed to) most people would expect a 'solid, secure program' to give a respected coach a pass. 
If looked at in a wider scope this man deserved much more rope than has been given to lesser coaches at other programs.

There may be plenty of backroom drama to support what's been done at Auburn, but there isn't a fraction of it that I'm aware of to compare with what Nutt did over his last few seasons here.

That's just it, I suspect it's more than just because of 1 year. I suspect TT's downfall
really began when in 2006 his tigers were ranked #2 and were hosting an unranked,
struggling team of Razorbacks coached by HDN. Arkansas didn't just beat the Tigers,
they embarrassed them. Auburn to this very day has never been the same, losing to
the hogs 2 out of the last three years and struggling to barely beat them last year
(2007). Auburn has been in a downward slide since losing to the Hogs in 2006
and Getting hammered by the hated Crimson Tide this year was the last straw.

Khallos

Quote from: AckaBacka on December 04, 2008, 01:50:56 pm
Chuck Barrett says that firing Tubberville will set Auburn football back 10-15 years.

if he really did say that, then auburn's about to make a big splash with this hire. lookout SEC-west

Quote from: AckaBacka on December 04, 2008, 01:34:42 pm
GUV,
I dont think these ladies were as pissed about the firings as much as how they went down.  If you listen to all the clips, thats what they say over and over.  How the coaches were on the road in recruits living rooms when they were fired.  No telling the familes before it went public.
They have a right to be mad about the way it was handled.

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AckaBacka

The chuck "quote" was an attempt at humor.  Lame, but an honest attempt, nonetheless.

wholehog92

Dayum, hell hath no furry.  With that kind of mad, I wouldn't be surprised to see the wagon pack up and move to miss st.  just to stay in the SEC w.  God knows, they'd be the only recruiters in-state.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

RazorBassin

I'm loving this, it takes the spotlight off of us and redirects the fire of the media at AU.  WPS!!

GuvHog

Quote from: AckaBacka on December 04, 2008, 01:34:42 pm
GUV,

I agree with you and the wives. The firing was handled very very badly, But I still believe it
(firing TT) was the correct thing to do.

Lard

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 04, 2008, 02:37:35 pm
I agree with you and the wives. The firing was handled very very badly, But I still believe it
(firing TT) was the correct thing to do.
it was the right thing to do for the other schools in the conference.  Now Auburn has assured that they will be in the cellar and they just gave much more credence to Saban by makin gone bone-headed decision than he had earned in the past two years.
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

razorbrass

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 04, 2008, 01:49:22 pm
I see 3-5 years of pain for the War Eagle Faithful.

They need a U of Arkansas house cleaning.
How about a coach to go with it?    Hootie are you listening?
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

The Boar War

Quote from: hogsanity on December 04, 2008, 01:10:39 pm
Anymore we hear as much from player parents and coaches spouses, and AD's  than we do from the coaches and players themselves.  Kind of makes you wonder who is actully running the show sometimes.

This is going to kill Auburn for a decade.  Ther recruiting will be so bad the next 2 seasons for sure, and maybe longer.

People looking from the outside said the same thing about us last year.  What is Arkansas doing?  They're getting rid of a coach that was the 2006 SEC coach of the year, went to the SEC championship game, and went 8-5.  Everybody who was ignorant of the true situation (and some who weren't) thought we were crazy.  That making this move would set Arkansas football back ten years.  It would kill recruiting. 

Well we know what happened and why Houston had to be fired.  Maybe Auburn has similar issues with Tuberville.  We all hated it when people (from the outside looking in) like Tim Brando criticized us for firing Houston.  Maybe we should give Auburn the benefit of the doubt.

wholehog92

I haven't seen a lot of fan support for this move.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

There's a shocker . . .  :-\
Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

Sounds like some of those husbands need to buy muzzles to me. 

They just need to bring that wood.

Quote from: The Boar War on December 04, 2008, 02:45:28 pm
People looking from the outside said the same thing about us last year.  What is Arkansas doing?  They're getting rid of a coach that was the 2006 SEC coach of the year, went to the SEC championship game, and went 8-5.  Everybody who was ignorant of the true situation (and some who weren't) thought we were crazy.  That making this move would set Arkansas football back ten years.  It would kill recruiting. 

Well we know what happened and why Houston had to be fired.  Maybe Auburn has similar issues with Tuberville.  We all hated it when people (from the outside looking in) like Tim Brando criticized us for firing Houston.  Maybe we should give Auburn the benefit of the doubt.

You make a good point . . .

But naaaahhh . . . WAR-DAMN-STUPID!   :P