Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9 Wins Next Year

Started by hogsbeattexas, December 30, 2016, 08:11:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsbeattexas

I am in a terrible mood today.  So I am going to try and look ahead. 

I think that 9 wins next season (overall record of 9-4) is the minimum Bielema should be expected to achieve.  So 9-3 in regular season with a respectable bowl loss, or 8-4 regular season with a nice bowl win.  I would almost prefer the 8-4 and a bowl win personally.  End on a high note.  I also think that finally beating A&M is crucial.  And we have to win our non-con games.

What do you all think?

Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)- WIN
Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Sept. 23 – vs. Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas) -WE HAD BETTER WIN
Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE -WIN
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina* -TOSS UP
Oct. 14 – at Alabama* -LOSS
Oct. 21 – AUBURN* -TOSS UP
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss* -TOSS UP
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA -WIN
Nov. 11 – at LSU* -TOSS UP
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE* -WIN
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN
#WPS

Razorbackers

Minimum is 8 wins, honestly. In the SEC west for us, 8 should be the floor. I can see us only winning 8 with this schedule, but I can also see us winning 10.

But if we don't win 8 CBB has to go, simple as that.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hogsbeattexas on December 30, 2016, 08:11:55 am

I think that 9 wins next season (overall record of 9-4) is the minimum Bielema should be expected to achieve.  So 9-3 in regular season with a respectable bowl loss, or 8-4 regular season with a nice bowl win.  I would almost prefer the 8-4 and a bowl win personally.  End on a high note.  I also think that finally beating A&M is crucial.  And we have to win our non-con games.

What do you all think?

Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

Can't even begin to care about this year after the last two collapses.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

DoubleReedHawgCaller

9 wins doesn't change crap for me. He's a loser. Plain and simple ....
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hogcard1964

He'll have to be in contention for the SEC West, win 10-11 next year with a birth to a major bowl.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

HawgcallWPS

Glad to hear the real hog call ringing this morning!

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: Lanny on December 30, 2016, 08:20:26 am
6 wins if they are lucky

Agree how can you already count Missouri or TCU as a win?  And Auburn and LSU as a tossup???  Did you watch us play this year? 

hogcard1964

6 wins if they are lucky

Lol!!!

Welcome back to the dark side. 

He'll win a minimum of 8 and more sunshine will be pumped.

Hoggiedawg

TheGunther

I think we lose to TCU next year...
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

Missooie

I think this next years team will be the most talented one under Bielema to date. We have the D players we need, especially at LB and DB, and we have a few very talented DL players which should make for a good D. On O, we have everything in the world on our side with JRed and Ragnow coming back, two incredibly talented RB's, an experienced OL, solid WR's and TE's and to top it off a 5th year senior who has all the potential in the world at QB. If our staff doesn't get the job done next year then it will be time to move on.

The_Iceman

We will not beat LSU or Auburn. Auburn just landed a former 5-star QB and top JUCO QB. They will be even more.explosive next year, and they have been out recruiting us on the offensive line. Gus will destroy us at the line again. Our stale pro style offense will do nothing against the top SEC defenses and wont keep up with the offenses.

hogsbeattexas

Quote from: Missooie on December 30, 2016, 08:26:18 am
I think this next years team will be the most talented one under Bielema to date. We have the D players we need, especially at LB and DB, and we have a few very talented DL players which should make for a good D. On O, we have everything in the world on our side with JRed and Ragnow coming back, two incredibly talented RB's, an experienced OL, solid WR's and TE's and to top it off a 5th year senior who has all the potential in the world at QB. If our staff doesn't get the job done next year then it will be time to move on.

I agree.
#WPS

BassinHawg

Lucky to win 6 games, No talent and No Coaching.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

NorCalRazorback

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 30, 2016, 08:27:22 am
We will not beat LSU or Auburn. Auburn just landed a former 5-star QB and top JUCO QB. They will be even more.explosive next year, and they have been out recruiting us on the offensive line. Gus will destroy us at the line again. Our stale pro style offense will do nothing against the top SEC defenses and wont keep up with the offenses.

+1
"...and Decori Birmingham has caught it in the back of the end zone to tie it at 20 all with 9 seconds left..." 

Miracle on Markham '02
Arkansas 21 LSU 20

PearlHarbor

Who we playing out of conference?

May have a shot at those games.

pfrg999

6-6 or 7-5 at best.. we will go 2-0 then 4 -6 or 3-5 after... Bowl Game Win if we over match the opponent and a BIG Loss if we don't ... We ONLY have 3 Def wins on the Schedule... Hell we could go 4-7 .. Pay another 6 million and STILL have 2 years left of the Big Bert I mean CBB 's reign Without His Daddy Alvarez
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

007 License To Squeal

6 wins if they are lucky

I think you are right.......and it will be very difficult to see ANY opponent as a guaranteed win.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

b-ash

This thinking is why we are always upset as hog fans.  We have to change our expectations to 6-6 and be happy with anything above it.  This is the level of talent we are able to draw.  We have to quit thinking we can be elite bc we play in the top conference or we are destined for miserable feeings every season.  The real question is how many of those teams will we have higher recruiting classes than?

Atlhogfan1

What do you all think?

Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

South Carolina is going to be tougher.  Good young players.  Not a believer in Muschamp though.  Those road games plus the giving up of what would be a home game with A&M is going to make getting to 8-9 wins tough.  If we get to 9 wins, BB should be bolting. 

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 08:13:57 am
Minimum is 8 wins, honestly. In the SEC west for us, 8 should be the floor. I can see us only winning 8 with this schedule, but I can also see us winning 10.

But if we don't win 8 CBB has to go, simple as that.

10 wins would take luck.  We are due for some good.  We would need most of the SEC opponents to be down THE WEEK WE PLAY THEM while we also have some good fortune in the games.  Can't really count on luck. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BassinHawg

Looking at the schedule there is no way they win more than 4 or 5 games.

It's not gonna happen, what are some of you seeing or smoking?
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 30, 2016, 08:20:22 am
He'll have to be in contention for the SEC West, win 10-11 next year with a birth to a major bowl.

Agree, for me it's a New Years bowl or bust.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Bebop

He should have won 9 games last year with 8 or potential 9 this year.

Atlhogfan1

The A&M is Dallas thing has to be looked at.

Next year, we will play 4 games in 6 weeks away from home.  Making it harder on ourselves. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

depressed_fan

We will be underdogs in all the road games. We may beat South Carolina. TCU, and Auburn will be tough at home. We're probably looking at another 7-5 in the regular season.

Bebop

Quote from: depressed_fan on December 30, 2016, 08:55:04 am
We will be underdogs in all the road games. We may beat South Carolina. TCU, and Auburn will be tough at home. We're probably looking at another 7-5 in the regular season.

Nope. I bet we lose all three of those games.

hogcard1964

Mark down losses for Bama, A&M and Missouri. These are now automatic.  We'll also probably lose to Auburn. We probably win 3 or 4 non conference games and split a few between LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Miss St. 

Bubba's Bruisers

6 wins next season +/-1.  BB is an 8 win max coach in the SECW.  Cool guy, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hogcard1964 on December 30, 2016, 08:57:35 am
Mark down losses for Bama, A&M and Missouri. These are now automatic.  We'll also probably lose to Auburn. We probably win 3 or 4 non conference games and split a few between LSU, South Carolina, Ole Miss and Miss St.

It's sad that Missouri is now at best a toss up game.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

Hawgphish

I can't find it within me to care.

NaturalStateReb

What do you all think?

Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

I think that Auburn, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State will all be better next year than they were this year.  South Carolina probably will be too.  How good LSU will be will really be determined by how many juniors jump to the NFL--they don't have tons of seniors starting, except on OL.  Bama's going to be Bama. 

A&M is a real question mark for me.  They patched up their QB by having Trevor Knight sort of fall in their laps, but Jake Hubenak hasn't looked like much.  Their defense is better, but still not great.  It could be Sumlin's last season down there.

TCU only had 4 seniors starting, and just 1 on offense.  They'll almost certainly be better.

Arkansas will lose 9 seniors, including some difference makers, but will retain a pretty good QB in Allen.  I'm not saying that Arkansas couldn't win 9 games next year, but it's not anywhere near a given considering what opponents will return, what Arkansas returns, and road games against Texas A&M, South Carolina, Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

AirWarren

Quote from: HawgcallWPS on December 30, 2016, 08:22:01 am
Glad to hear the real hog call ringing this morning!

Jalen hurts said we are LOUD!

The Galloping Ghost

What do you all think?

Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

Just like those that chose to ignore the facts about last years personnel losses and there potential affects on this season, not even 24 hours...(recognize that number?) Have passed and you're already channeling your delusional homer...fascinating.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

Razorbackers

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 30, 2016, 09:15:28 am
Just like those that chose to ignore the facts about last years personnel losses and there potential affects on this season, not even 24 hours...(recognize that number?) Have passed and you're already channeling your delusional homer...fascinating.

The personnel losses in 2014 and 2015 were far worse than what we're losing this year.

AirWarren

He is here next year. No way he uproots his wife during her prenatal care and make her find a new place to deliver.

And he is here the next.

But once that baby is born and next year is over, I look for him to bounce. She is a Florida girl. He loves flip flops and sandals. Look for them to head south to be close to her family when the baby is born. The right job needs to come open for it to happen.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 09:17:14 am
The personnel losses in 2014 and 2015 were far worse than what we're losing this year.

Did we perform this year as well as last year? What makes you believe that we can exceed last years record with what we have returning from this year and how we are recruiting?
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

HoggieStyle

jm

Have you watched our defense play?
We will be lucky to finish the regular season 6 and 6 unless there is some dramatic change. Unless something has changed recently, there will be no staff changes. We are losing the majority of the receiving corps. On the bright side, we will keep everyone on the suspect offensive line except Dan.  We are losing our leading tackler as well as our best D Lineman ( Ledbetter) on defense, but get to keep all of the safeties. The corners were much improved this year so there is some hope in that.
Baring some miracle or unexpected positive testicular growth, we win 6 or 7 games.

Razorbackers

Quote from: The Galloping Ghost on December 30, 2016, 09:24:43 am
Did we perform this year as well as last year? What makes you believe that we can exceed last years record with what we have returning from this year and how we are recruiting?

Offense:
Returning 4 of 5 starters on the o line
returning a qb who puts up big numbers when protected
returning the leading rusher in the sec
returning a dynamic freshman rb
Deep stable of talented TEs, including incoming guys
J-red and a crew of young, talented under classmen receivers.

Defense:
Returning the majority of our secondary, including Tutt and Richardson, both of whom were expected to play/start this year.
Losing the biggest detriment to our defense in Brooks Ellis. He can't cover a fence post.
Replacing him with all-sec freshmen Harris, along with a new crop of faster LBs. And Greenlaw and Eugene.
Returning Agim, and a good chunk of the defensive line. Losing some pass rushers, but we've recruited well in that area imo.
Plus we're switching schemes to take advantage of our lengthy LBs like Ramsey.
Incoming players will make an immediate impact as well, like Brown and (possibly) Chevin.

In 2014 we lost everything from the defense. It left a gaping hole, as 5 of the 6 guys were NFL players.
In 2015 we lost everything from the offense. It left a gaping hole, as 6 of the 7 guys were NFL players.
In 2016 we're losing people from both sides, but it's not devastating like the last 2 years. We're not losing a lot of drafted, irreplaceable talent.

If we fail to improve in 2017, like I said earlier, cut Bielema loose. But I don't think our roster is in as dire straits as some think. I'm not too concerned with losing some receivers and tight ends. I'd much rather return the line and running backs.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Heck, we should've had 9 years this season. 2 bad 2nd half meltdowns at the end of the season prevented that.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MountieDawg

The excuse for 7 wins was we play in the strong SEC!  The SEC has by far the worst Bowl Record this year...
SEC!

3Scoreand10

What do you all think?

Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

I only see 4 dates that we may not lose (no guarantee).
Sept. 2, Sept. 16, Sept. 30, Nov. 4.
I see one date as a toss up.
Nov. 25.
All other dates are probably a loss.
But as I stated in another thread, if CBB is still on the side line, I will not waste my money on a ticket next year.
I really, really hope I am wrong.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MountieDawg on December 30, 2016, 09:58:39 am
The excuse for 7 wins was we play in the strong SEC!  The SEC has by far the worst Bowl Record this year...

No excuse for the last 2 losses.  What many of the SEC teams are now aren't what they were when we played them:  A&M, OM, AU, LSU, Florida.  All went through major changes and had to overcome setbacks.  OM and A&M couldn't.  As bad as our defense played, the oline issues and how mistake prone we were, we would have struggled and been inconsistent in any of the major conferences. 

moto625

RebelliousHog

What do you all think?

Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

TCU returns 10 starters on O and 8 on D. Not a guantee win at all.
USCE is more of a win. Mad Dog Mussy doesnt impress me as a head coach
Aubie a toss up? Did you watch our last game with them?
Ole Miss prolly is toss up
LSU is not. Better athletes, better coaching now.
TAMU. Just cant figure this lately. We  start slowly generally and improve TAMU starts hot and fades. Early game, in Dallas which essentially makes them the home team. Loss.
MissSt. Tossup
Missouri. Tossup
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: Razorbackers on December 30, 2016, 09:36:45 am
Offense:
Returning 4 of 5 starters on the o line
returning a qb who puts up big numbers when protected
returning the leading rusher in the sec
returning a dynamic freshman rb
Deep stable of talented TEs, including incoming guys
J-red and a crew of young, talented under classmen receivers.

Defense:
Returning the majority of our secondary, including Tutt and Richardson, both of whom were expected to play/start this year.
Losing the biggest detriment to our defense in Brooks Ellis. He can't cover a fence post.
Replacing him with all-sec freshmen Harris, along with a new crop of faster LBs. And Greenlaw and Eugene.
Returning Agim, and a good chunk of the defensive line. Losing some pass rushers, but we've recruited well in that area imo.
Plus we're switching schemes to take advantage of our lengthy LBs like Ramsey.
Incoming players will make an immediate impact as well, like Brown and (possibly) Chevin.

In 2014 we lost everything from the defense. It left a gaping hole, as 5 of the 6 guys were NFL players.
In 2015 we lost everything from the offense. It left a gaping hole, as 6 of the 7 guys were NFL players.
In 2016 we're losing people from both sides, but it's not devastating like the last 2 years. We're not losing a lot of drafted, irreplaceable talent.

If we fail to improve in 2017, like I said earlier, cut Bielema loose. But I don't think our roster is in as dire straits as some think. I'm not too concerned with losing some receivers and tight ends. I'd much rather return the line and running backs.

That's surely a reasonable reply. I just dont have much confidence in the ability of this staff to " coach up" our players ay this point, or their ability to recruit elite talent. I hate being pessimistic AND cynical. I'm getting older. 

Merle Hawggard

y'all smokin'.....6-6 or 7-5 with luck. book it
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

lutherheggs

What do you all think?

Sept. 9 – TCU -WIN
Sept. 16 – Open Date
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI* -WIN

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=623847.msg10636852#msg10636852

You can expect whatever you want. What you will get will be far different from this expectation though. In another thread from last week I stated that 2-17 should be worse than this year. I'll take 6-6 and 2-6 in 2017 for $1,000, Alex.