Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Report: Long has contacted Mike Leach

Started by The_Iceman, November 28, 2007, 06:15:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Aaron Peters of KNWA in Fayetteville reported tonight that Arkansas Athletic
Director Jeff Long has been in contact with Texas Tech head coach Mike Leach.

Thoughts?

RazorNick

WoooPigSooie

"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

RazorBassin

H&D

I'd rather have Kiffin, but I could live with the Brazilian Womens Soccer coach right now, anything is better then nutt.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

jwhite_13

hawgfan_18

please god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idochog

I love Jesus!

hognelson

My thoughts?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PigWig

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

TLFHAWG

revolution

Hell No!  Unless the only other choice is Herring or Nutt coming back!

Tigerhog14s

Clothes make the man, Naked people have no influence on society. -Mark Twain

George S. Pigton

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Leaving one idiot and going to another, no, no, no..

SkunkyMunky

I don't support your message. I don't support this choice.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

snoblind

NO - but I do think he will contact/talk to several candidates - wouldn't you?

AnthroHog

Just the reverse of our former coach.  Mediocre conference record in Big XII but only throws the ball.  I want a balanced offense that keeps the defense off balance.

Leaving one idiot and going to another, no, no, no..

SherriM122

The Hawg Marshal

I hope he has contacted several coaches, and is weighing out their interest and ours.

Turnberry

No. No. No.  He's last resort.  So many will be disappointed.

aka PlanoHog

budcampbellfan

Well, who would want to coach for John White?
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Chris Frye

NO LEACH, NO MALAZAN....NO HERRING!  

big john

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
john goodwin

The HogDog

From what I understand:  Leach is to passing as Nutt is to rushing?

casken

Noooooo!  THis would be a lateral hire at best and we do not have the personnel to run that offense right now.  Heck we are a 100 yd a game passing attack.  We have no one that can pass that well on campus.  We need someone that can promote a balanced attack and has an ability to up the stature of the program.  Leach is not that man.  I am sorry, as happy as I am that Nutt is gone, I would rather have HDN anyday over Leach.  He is middle of the pack in his lesser conference. 
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Oliver

Mark Martin Fan

I don't think we will hire Leach...but there were warnings to be careful what you asked for...the critical decision was not dumping Nutt, it was who we hire to replace him.  Leach is not the guy!!!
Hog Fan for Life!!!!

bigyellowdog

The smokescreen may be over.  Time for our new coach now.  Time for disappointment to set in.

prairiehogcompanion

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: The HogDog on November 28, 2007, 06:19:25 pm
From what I understand:  Leach is to passing as Nutt(The coach who was FIRED) is to rushing?

Exactly. 

ark30inf

I think we have a prejudice against Leach due to the other names flying around.

Honestly....I think we would be fine with him.  It's riskier....but good grief he has kept Texas Tech in fairly decent shape.....and that's Lubbock we are talking about. 

If its Leach I will applaud and see who he gets for his staff before jumping him.

Reaganite

If it's opposite day... Sounds great!

Otherwise... NO!

RZRBack_FAN

That would be the worst possible hire we could make. Besides rehiring the Nutt(The coach who was FIRED)

Razorback_Z71

RazorNick

hirebutchdavis

HE IS THE NUTT JOB OF THE BIG 12.  NO!  HELL NO!  

U.P. HOGG

He may have contacted him, but he is waiting for the UCLA job and is also in serious talks with GT.

duckman

Great a passing version of HDN woohoo!!!!!!!!

Ish O

Looks like a lot of darksiders may have bitten themselves in the butt.

dougieritch

grayhawg

Like I posted earlier today if Leach comes I go find another team.

huntindoc

He's the Anti Nutt.  I would support him but I would be very disappointed in our administration if that's the best they can do.

hd

The_Iceman

Why don't people look at what he did while OC at OU.....

could he not do the same thing here?

txkrazorback

It's not exciting watching interceptions...
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Justifiable Hogicide