Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SECT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, #4 ARKANSAS (42-16, 18-11)#2 LSU (41-17, 21-9 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 28, 2017, 01:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

#4 ARKANSAS vs #2 LSU  at Hoover, Alabama
                                    SUNDAY 2:00PM CT

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL
                                    SEC TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD

#4 ARKANSAS (42-16, 18-11 SEC) VS #2 LSU (42-17, 21-9 SEC)

*note- SEC records are from the end of the regular season.

SUNDAY's CHAMPIONSHIP GAME'S First Pitch is set for 2:00 PM CT and WILL BE TELEVISED on ESPN 2. This game will be streamed live online on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. also.

THIS IS A SINGLE ELIMINATION GAME AND THE
        WINNERS ARE CHAMPIONS OF THE SEC BASEBALL TOURNAMENT!

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks 3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Maddhog,  Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

Divided we fall, UNITED WE STAND!!!

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

College Baseball Conference Championship Games played today:

b12–Tx/OkSt
sec–LSU/Ark
acc–NC/FS
cusa–USM/Rice
aac–Hou/ECU
sbc–SoAL/GSo
be–SJ/X
socon–NCG/Fur
ae–MBC/Maine
mw–SDS/Fres
mac–EM/OU
nec–CCS/SH

If it says 7:30, link please...
I hope it is 7:30 for our game to be considered in their selection.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

0          2:00pm                  0                   
                1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
LSU         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
ARK         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

JHicks3636

Pardon the reminder but I want everyone of you to be here next week for the Regionals(spal still thinks we have a chance to make them). Everyone is excited about today's game, but remember that this is not our true goal. Enjoy the game and this week's "ride". Don't let your emotions get the best of you if things go bad for our Hogs. Don't let your emotions take over and post something you will regret. No one needs to get banned from here due to this game. I'm hoping for a result like yesterday but I'm preparing for anything. I'm still excited about what the team has accomplished this year and a bad result today won't change that. I hope to see everyone later today and also for the next three weeks. Stay smart and GO HOGS.

BigBrandonAllenFan

The great Red Army will ride victors over all the south land today.  The neo-nazi corn dog eating Louisiana swamp vermin will be no more.

All hail the great Red Army of Fayettenam!!

tusksincolorado

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 28, 2017, 07:41:23 am
Pardon the reminder but I want everyone of you to be here next week for the Regionals(spal still thinks we have a chance to make them). Everyone is excited about today's game, but remember that this is not our true goal. Enjoy the game and this week's "ride". Don't let your emotions get the best of you if things go bad for our Hogs. Don't let your emotions take over and post something you will regret. No one needs to get banned from here due to this game. I'm hoping for a result like yesterday but I'm preparing for anything. I'm still excited about what the team has accomplished this year and a bad result today won't change that. I hope to see everyone later today and also for the next three weeks. Stay smart and GO HOGS.

Getting past LSU in baseball is like getting past Alabama in football...it would be a GREAT BOOST for this team heading to the NCAA/Omaha! GO HAWGS!!!  :razorback:
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

If we win today against LSU, we will have broken the Tigers 10 win streak and we will have the SEC longest winning streak at 4 wins.

JHicks3636

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 28, 2017, 08:37:46 am
Is weather a concern?

Strangely there is a high chance of rain until about noon or 1 and then a break until 7 or so. We should be okay.

JHicks3636

Razorback7281

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 28, 2017, 09:25:25 am
How about a Spanberger walk off then.

While that would be awesome, I'd rather not have to bat the bottom of the 9th.

RazorPiggie

Pudgepork

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 28, 2017, 09:29:28 am
While that would be awesome, I'd rather not have to bat the bottom of the 9th.

Agree.   Let CSpan hit the walk off homer in the 6th that sets up a mercy rule finish after 7

Birminghog

I have a pacemaker. I would just as soon see us get up early like we did yesterday, then win it in 7. However, I'll take it however I can get it. Confession - I didn't think we would be there, but I've been at every game so far and I'll be at this one. Used up my 6-pack tickets Friday, but happily bought two new tickets yesterday. Even happier to buy two new ones today.

HogFansReunited

I am just going to watch this game and be happy knowing we got this far.  I would love to see a win but honestly don't expect it. Proud of this team regardless.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

razorbackfan86

Dr. Starcs

hawg1221

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 28, 2017, 11:41:19 am
I am just going to watch this game and be happy knowing we got this far.  I would love to see a win but honestly don't expect it. Proud of this team regardless.

I feel the same. I'm thinking that they will be pitching on fumes today. But surprise me!

V-town Hog

I REALLY want them to win today. I am just ready see the Hogs bring home some hardware. I appreciate the good to great seasons, but they need something to show for it. This is the best baseball team I've seen since I started following the Hogs. I noticed a change in their confidence after Auburn roughed them up earlier in the season. It looks like they have regained it and at the best time to do it. Let's go Hogs!!

Birminghog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 28, 2017, 11:44:11 am
Get us a win Birminghog

Man, I'll do my best. A couple of games I sat behind a very nice family from LR & in front of an equally friendly guy from Springdale. Lots of fun - lots of Hog calls. If you saw a guy on the Friday game in a Detroit Tigers shirt call the Hogs for the first time, I was the guy who taught him, lol. When he did it on camera, I was off-camera helping him get through it.

I'll be late to the game today. Got called to be a part of a jazz group playing a Memorial Day gig at 1:00 for Veterans. It's outdoor, and I hope we don't get rained out. It will put me about 30 minutes or so late for the game, but I'm pretty sure that all of our fellow Hogvillians would sat I made the right choice.

On the down side, it's about 150% humidity today - feels like Baton Rouge.

WPS!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ricepig

SPAL

Quote from: hawg1221 on May 28, 2017, 11:51:36 am
I feel the same. I'm thinking that they will be pitching on fumes today. But surprise me!

Our pitching isn't as bad a shape as you think. We have no aces to throw, but our bullpen is mostly fresh. They haven't thrown a ton thanks to 2 run rules and starters going deep.

ucahogfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 28, 2017, 12:36:26 pm
Our pitching isn't as bad a shape as you think. We have no aces to throw, but our bullpen is mostly fresh. They haven't thrown a ton thanks to 2 run rules and starters going deep.
I keep seeing people say our pitching is depleted, but time and time again, they are being corrected.  This is about as good a position we could be in for our 5th game since Thursday.  You would think everyone but Knight, Stephan, Cronin, and Murphy are available for this game.  Alberius and Reindl probably won't be able to go multiple innings, but they can get us maybe 20-30 pitches each today.

hog of steele

Quote from: Razorback7281 on May 28, 2017, 09:25:25 am
How about a Spanberger walk off then.

I would prefer he hit two homers in the first, but I will take a walkoff if it comes to that.

CJ HOG

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 12:47:28 pm
I keep seeing people say our pitching is depleted, but time and time again, they are being corrected.  This is about as good a position we could be in for our 5th game since Thursday.  You would think everyone but Knight, Stephan, Cronin, and Murphy are available for this game.  Alberius and Reindl probably won't be able to go multiple innings, but they can get us maybe 20-30 pitches each today.
^^^This...I think we're in about as good a shape as you could imagine at this point. It may not translate to a victory, but it's a better shot than I'd of foreseen  coming into this thing. Go Hogs!

onebadrubi

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 28, 2017, 12:47:28 pm

I actually think Stephan could be used in a closing role for 2-3 outs max.   Keep him under 20-30 pitches just like a good bullpen session. 

elkhog

Crossing fingers that no opossum shows up on field or TV!  NO TV RERUNS please!
GO HOGS!!!

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

runninhog

I like our chances today. We're a hot team right now. Swinging the bats well, pitching is holding up, and we should be playing loose. And the best player on the field is wearing red.

elkhog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 28, 2017, 07:41:23 am

I bet we meet up with LSU though.  We always seem to be on same side of bracket.
GO HOGS!!!

JHicks3636

The game on ESPN before us is going to the 8th with North Carolina leading Florida State 3-2. NC is the home team so they will not have to bat in the 9th if they hang on to the lead. Game will probably run a little long. Absent getting tied or some long team at-bat, it shouldn't be way late.

HamIAm

Hopefully the FSU vs NC game isn't going extra innings. All tied up now.

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 28, 2017, 01:39:51 pm
I actually think Stephan could be used in a closing role for 2-3 outs max.   Keep him under 20-30 pitches just like a good bullpen session.

He COULD but he WON'T.

JHicks3636

Quote from: HamIAm on May 28, 2017, 01:52:09 pm
Hopefully the FSU vs NC game isn't going extra innings. All tied up now.
Yep, NC pitcher gives up a hit, hits a batter, then throws 2 straight wild pitches to score the run. Runners at the corners for FSU with 1 out. Game will certainly run late now.

Pudgepork

HamIAm

Any chance they will move ours over the the SECN or SECN-alt until this one finishes?

HamIAm

crawler says Arkansas vs LSU will begin on the SEC network or watch ESPN/ on now

Cracker Jack

Quote from: HamIAm on May 28, 2017, 01:55:13 pm
Any chance they will move ours over the the SECN or SECN-alt until this one finishes?
SEC NETWORK.

JHicks3636

razCzar

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:  GO get 'em HOGS!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hawgphish

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

LSU starts off the game with

1. Robertson  .315
2. Freeman    .338
3. Duplantis   .325

CJ HOG

Quote from: elkhog on May 28, 2017, 01:41:28 pm
Crossing fingers that no opossum shows up on field or TV!  NO TV RERUNS please!
I tried to post some shots of a dead bloody opossum just to help with the curse, but my skills are limited when it comes to posting apparently. Maybe someone could handle that.

It wouldn't be as powerful as sacrificing a live opossum but it might help.