Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 18 THREAD: Arkansas (13-4, 0-0 SEC) vs Alcorn State (6-9, 2-1 SWAC)

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 15, 2017, 07:02:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 18 THREAD
          ARKANSAS (13-4, 0-0 SEC) vs Alcorn State (6-9, 2-1 SWAC)

Wednesday's First Pitch is set for 3:00 pm and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED . This game will be streamed on the SEC+.   . 

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Cornfed Pig will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, Cornfed Pig, Maddhog and JHicks3636 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to Extra Innings and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversation. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

0               3:00 p.m                      0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R  | H   | E  |LOB
AST       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 
ARK       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 

THUNDER!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

dotnet

I thought Murphy might be held until the weekend and Evan Lee given another shot to start. 

If the starters are Knight, Stephan, and Taco... and the main bullpen guys are Chadwick, Loseke, Kopps, and Alberius... I thought Murphy was good enough to be also used on Friday/Saturday.  At this point, I don't know who else you use on Friday night out of the bullpen besides Loseke. 

PigWig

Quote from: dotnet on March 15, 2017, 09:54:26 am
I thought Murphy might be held until the weekend and Evan Lee given another shot to start. 

If the starters are Knight, Stephan, and Taco... and the main bullpen guys are Chadwick, Loseke, Kopps, and Alberius... I thought Murphy was good enough to be also used on Friday/Saturday.  At this point, I don't know who else you use on Friday night out of the bullpen besides Loseke. 
I'm hoping Knight can go a little deeper into the game this week.  As good as he's been, that is the biggest knock on him up to this point.  If he could give us 7 this week, that would be huge for the bullpen.  It would allow you to pitch Loseke multiple times this weekend.

If Loseke has to pitch 4+ innings on Friday night, we may have to see what some of the youngsters can do against SEC competition.  I would not be surprised to see Cronin, Lee, and/or Heiss get another audition in today's game to see if they look ready for relief work in SEC play.

dotnet

I agree.  And I bet we would have seen one or two of them if yesterday wouldn't have been so close. 

But I would rather those guys develop so they can take care of an entire midweek game by themselves instead of SEC play, which seems a little much to ask from what we have seen so far.

Cronin and Denton haven't given up a run so it seems like they should continue to get more opportunities. 

ricepig

I just hope it's not another year of, starters get in trouble, relievers do great, or starters go deep, relievers can't hold it, lol.

hogfan14

PigWig

Quote from: dotnet on March 15, 2017, 10:34:55 am
I agree.  And I bet we would have seen one or two of them if yesterday wouldn't have been so close. 

But I would rather those guys develop so they can take care of an entire midweek game by themselves instead of SEC play, which seems a little much to ask from what we have seen so far.

Cronin and Denton haven't given up a run so it seems like they should continue to get more opportunities. 
True, but the crazy thing is after this week we only have 2 more 5-game weeks the rest of the year.  If Taco or Murphy becomes your permanent midweek starter, you might only need a couple of innings of midweek relief barring a blowup. 

As for the freshman, I've been particularly impressed with Cronin.  He has serious stuff, hitting 91-92 from the left side with a very nice breaking ball.  Heiss looked good too in his limited time.  1 H and 0 BB allowed thus far, even though the hit was a solo HR. 

Cornfed Pig

Available for pbp for the full game this afternoon if needed.

Go Hogs!  :razorback:

Kevin

Gates is taking bp. Might get some ab's next week in mid week games, hope he is available for mizzou
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on March 15, 2017, 11:02:43 am
Available for pbp for the full game this afternoon if needed.

Go Hogs!  :razorback:
Let me verify if SPAL is doing it and I will get back with you. And thanks in advance.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Razorbacks Line Up:

RF - Jake Arledge
3B - Chad Spanberger
LF - Luke Bonfield
C - Grant Koch
CF - Dominic Fletcher
1B - Jordan McFarland
DH - Matt Burch
2B- Jaxon Williams
SS - Jax Biggers

P - Kacey Murphy

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Alcorn State Line Up:

2B - Wallace Rios Jimenez
SS - A.J. Makarewicz
DH- Kirt Cormier
3B - Walter Vives
CF - Justin Barna
RF - Patrick McMahon
C - Jason Sanez
LF - Der'Vincent Hamilton
1B - Brandon Barna

P - Daniel Belmont

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Cornfed Pig will bring us the PBP for today's game.

Go RAZORBACKS! :razorback:

THUNDER!

Cornfed Pig

Razorbacks#1

0               Top 1st                      0

AST       |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0 

THUNDER!

Cornfed Pig

Due up for Alcorn in the top of the first:

Jimenez
Makarewicz
Cormier

Cornfed Pig

First pitch from the Lefty is a strike, now ahead in the count 1-2

Cornfed Pig

On a full count, Jimenez draws a walk to leadoff the game, as Murphy's delivery was just outside

1 on, 0 out

Cornfed Pig

Cornfed Pig

Cornfed Pig

Makarewicz fouls one off to shallow right for a BASE HIT.

Runners on first and second, 0 out

Cornfed Pig

Cormier goes down backwards K style on three straight

1 down, runners hold

Cornfed Pig

Vives, the cleanup hitter, stands in - Murphy quickly gets ahead 0-2

Cornfed Pig

Vives goes around on a half-swing, 2 big Ks for Murphy

2 on, 2 down

Cornfed Pig

Cornfed Pig

Maddhog

Checking in from work (don't tell).  Thanks, Corn, for the pbp. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Cornfed Pig

And Barna goes down, too! Another backwards K

Murphy allows the first two men on, then strikes out the rest!

Maddhog

Razorbacks#1

0               Bot 1st                      0

AST     0|    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |  0  |  1  | 0  | 2 

THUNDER!

Cornfed Pig

Due up for the HOGS in the middle of the 1st:

Arledge (.377) (leads team)
Spanberger (.190)
Bonfield (.279)

Cornfed Pig

Cornfed Pig

Cornfed Pig

Spanberger fouls the first ball out of play down the third base side, then works the count to 2-2.

Cornfed Pig

Count runs full on Spano, and....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

HOMERUN ARKANSAS

Good guys: 2, Alcorn: 0

Cornfed Pig

Spano cranked his HR into the pines just to the left of the scoreboard

Cornfed Pig

SPAL

Good job cornfed. I'm here if you need me but I imagine you've got it.

Maddhog

Cornfed Pig

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

HOMERUN LUKE BONFIELD

Back-to-back homeruns make it 3-0 good guys!

Cornfed Pig

No-doubter to left field for Luke

Grant Koch stands in, and he lines a 1-0 pitch off the left field fence for a STAND-UP DOUBLE.

Still nobody out

Cornfed Pig

Meeting on the mound, and now Dominic Fletcher stands in with Koch on second

Maddhog

Cornfed Pig

Fletcher (.245) takes the first two for balls, but Koch is gunned down at third after thinking the ball was going to get away from the catcher.

gohawgsgo

Cornfed Pig

Fletcher walks on four pitches.

Koch's CS was an odd play, the ball actually ricocheted away, but hit Fletcher, and helped the catcher recover to throw out Koch

311Hog