Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have one of the best freshman point guards

Started by theshowdown, November 20, 2009, 08:18:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

theshowdown

Nobles in two games is one of my favorite players in the past few years. He's hard nosed and a complete steal in the recruiting game. After seeing him in the Louiville game and how he handled that intense pressure for all 40mins really showed what his capabilites are. He's only going to get better!

thirtythree

Who do you think you are brining any postive takes into Jump Ball right now?  ;)

I agree with you 100%. When players start coming back I bet we will see even more improvement with the whole team.

theshowdown

Quote from: thirtythree on November 20, 2009, 08:21:50 am
Who do you think you are brining any postive takes into Jump Ball right now?  ;)

I agree with you 100%. When players start coming back I bet we will see even more improvement with the whole team.

Haha!! Yeah this postive nature might hurt someone. We're just needing some depth. I'm not saying that we should have NC on our minds b/c thats just a good way to be let down.

The Boar War

I like Nobles.  He is more of a distributor than most of the point guards we have had in the recent past.  If he learns how to penetrate and either finish or kick it out he will be a very good player.  I also like his defense.

The_Iceman

gonna be great to have him 3 more years after this.

Lando Calrissian

I like Nobles and Farmer a lot.

I don't like the idea of Welsh and Fortson hanging around to screw with their heads.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

theshowdown

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on November 20, 2009, 08:51:25 am
I like Nobles and Farmer a lot.

I don't like the idea of Welsh and Fortson hanging around to screw with their heads.

+1 there! I'm hoping fortson gets his head on straight b/c we could use him but only if he does a complete 180 in attitude. Welsh, not so much. He just needs to graduate.

Hogbody

Shhh don't tell the people that were bashing when he signed

thirtythree

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hogbody on November 20, 2009, 09:05:46 am
Shhh don't tell the people that were bashing when he signed

Some of us have been positive regarding him for awhile.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=292244.0

Glad he's doing well so far.  Hope he keeps it up.

batmanfan

Nobles looks good to me too, a real solid player.  I also like what I've seen of Farmer and Powell and Bryant as well in ex. play.

To bad they do not have a coaching staff that puts them in the best position to win on both offense and defense.  Or puts them in any position actually.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

ua_hogs

I was nervous about him before the Louisville game. But with 7 assists to 3 turnovers and 4 steals in only his second college game under the lights against a Petino coached team for 40 minutes, kid is looking legit.

sirhog

I thought he would be major contributor to this year just didn't know he was going to have to play so much. We kind of threw him to the wolves but he responded very well. I am excited to see how he progresses throughout the year especially when he doesn't have to play 40 minutes a game.

1highhog

Hogimus Prime

After two games I'm more comfortable with Nobles handling the ball against a press than Fortson.    Nobles is steady, doesn't rush and dribbles with his head up.     

IMO Farmer is the wing we lacked last year.  He is skilled and athletic.   Powell is gonna be great.