Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Mistake - Skipping the NIT last season

Started by yocdaddy, March 22, 2006, 11:24:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yocdaddy

If we had went to the NIT last season and played a couple of games in the postseason, would that have helped us at all this season?  I kinda think that maybe a couple of postseason games in a "lose and go home" atmosphere would have helped us a little bit.  I mean, they lost some close games during the season because they didn't have a sense of urgency, which might have benefited from a game or two in the NIT.  Then again, there is no guarantee that we would have won the first game, but maybe we could have won at least one.  Heck, South Carolina won it last season.

If it helps us even a little, we probably win a couple more games.  We would have been 24-7 entering the NCAA tournament, probably a 5-6 seed at worst.  Better draw, better matchup, better end to the season.

I don't know..........just a thought. 
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

CiriusPorker

....hindsight is 20/20...

we needed the experience but, we all thought it was beneath us...

thats what pride does.

freedomcounty

Odds are, we would have been matched up with UALR at some point in the NIT anyway, and given the fact that the team just quit last season, a loss to UALR would have pretty much been the death knell of this program. Had we not imploded at the end of last season I would have supported going to the NIT. However, getting blown out by UALR wouldn't have done us much good.

Richard_white

Quote from: freedomcounty on March 23, 2006, 03:16:58 am
Odds are, we would have been matched up with UALR at some point in the NIT anyway, and given the fact that the team just quit last season, a loss to UALR would have pretty much been the death knell of this program. Had we not imploded at the end of last season I would have supported going to the NIT. However, getting blown out by UALR wouldn't have done us much good.

Very true +1, We don't have Ron Huery bailing us out this time

Tomhog™

I disagree that it was a mistake.  No doubt we would have lost to whomever we played in the first round (at that point we'd have lost to South Arkansas University).  THeir heads were hung so low, they couldn't see the goal to shoot the ball...

nwarazfan

Quote from: Tomcat on March 23, 2006, 07:30:45 am
I disagree that it was a mistake.  No doubt we would have lost to whomever we played in the first round (at that point we'd have lost to South Arkansas University).  THeir heads were hung so low, they couldn't see the goal to shoot the ball...

I agree.  Mercy killing ending last year's season and not going to the NIT.  Good decision.  Things could have only gotten worse.

SupaCrawf

I'm kind of a big deal.