Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Since hindsight is 20/20

Started by SupaCrawf, March 21, 2006, 01:06:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SupaCrawf

How much would going to the NIT last year have helped our NCAAT performance this year?  I know it's not the same, but it was obvious we had NO post season experience.  I've been a Stan Fan, but it seems that maybe this was a horrible choice that we are still paying for now.

Anyone agree?
I'm kind of a big deal.

NATEHOGG216

Does not matter, UNLESS stan would have figured out during the NIT last year that we don't have a SUCK ASS BIG TEN STYLE BBALL team to play with.  We have SEC type athletes, you know the kind that run the floor and play offense from their defense. 
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

NATEHOGG216

The only lack of experience that was OBVIOUS on the court friday was in the COACH
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

nwarazfan

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 21, 2006, 01:06:32 pm
How much would going to the NIT last year have helped our NCAAT performance this year?  I know it's not the same, but it was obvious we had NO post season experience.  I've been a Stan Fan, but it seems that maybe this was a horrible choice that we are still paying for now.

Anyone agree?

Depends on if we would have played UALR - and lost. 

NATEHOGG216

what SUPA, no response?  Defend Heath please

hogfan064

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 21, 2006, 01:06:32 pm

Anyone agree?

Our legs wouldn't have been fresh enough.  By playing in the NIT tourney it would have hurt our fresh legs for this season

NATEHOGG216

thats what I though SUPA, no response,  weak, just like your buddy SH

qakhed

I think it would have helped. Playing teams outside of the conference in tournament style settings are always helpful.
"If it comes from qak, it's a fact!" -supacrawf

TXrazorback

I absolutely think it would have helped, but what do I know, I am not a coach at Arkansas. ;D
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Hogs4Ever

Wouldn't have helped.  Game preparation and planning lost the Sucknell game.  Of course missing all those free throws didn't help but a better game plan would have made them less costly.

qakhed

I don't know. They miss one 3 pointer, we make one 3 pointer, even a couple free throws, and it we would have won.

SupaCrawf

March 21, 2006, 03:30:24 pm #11 Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:47:10 pm by SupaCrawf
Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on March 21, 2006, 01:33:07 pm
thats what I though SUPA, no response,  weak, just like your buddy SH

Sorry, had to do some work, make some $$$.  My question was if NIT experience would have benefited our team going into the NCAAT.  That apparently prompted some incoherent rant on your part, and I apologize to anyone who had to read your response, they are dumber from trying to figure out if you had a point or not.

I think any post season play would have helped us look less scared, maybe taken some of the tension out of our game.  That goes for the players AND the coach.  Yeah, the NIT isn't big time, but it's more valuable than sitting on the coach playing March Madness '05.

The team was nervous, the coach froze.  Previous experience helps.  Want an example, look at Bucknell.  They shot lights out, and we airballed 2 shots within 4 feet.

I'm kind of a big deal.

qakhed

I didn't sit on no coach! The couch maybe but, I draw the line at sitting on coaches.

TXrazorback

Quote from: qakhed on March 21, 2006, 03:32:12 pm
I didn't sit on no coach! The couch maybe but, I draw the line at sitting on coaches.

+1/-1 That was freakin funny, but thinking about you sitting on a coach kinda makes me sick.
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

LA HAWG

Quote from: qakhed on March 21, 2006, 03:32:12 pm

Hey doesn't this belong in the Tavern?  JK :)

SupaCrawf

I'm kind of a big deal.

qakhed

there are some women coaches that I would let sit on mine, but then most women coaches aren't interested in anything a man has

qakhed

no, you can't fix it now. Your ruining the punch line

SupaCrawf

Still, you would agree that going to the NIT last year would be better than sitting on a Coach, right?  Or does it depend on which coach?  From reading the board during FB season, it sounds like some people on here might like to sit on Butch Davis's lap....
I'm kind of a big deal.

TXrazorback

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 21, 2006, 03:35:58 pm
There, I fixed it.

Yeah, don't fix it!!!  That is quality comedy.

qakhed

that brings up the next question. Which coach?

SupaCrawf

I'm kind of a big deal.

SupaCrawf

Trying to find a hot female coach....  Hmmmmm.......  Well....

No.....

Maybe...... No, not her........

I give up.
I'm kind of a big deal.

LA HAWG

What coach would you want to sit on?

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 21, 2006, 03:41:17 pm
Still, you would agree that going to the NIT last year would be better than sitting on a Coach, right?  Or does it depend on which coach?  From reading the board during FB season, it sounds like some people on here might like to sit on Butch Davis's lap....

Yes I think that going to the NIT would have been beneficial to the team and the COACH.  No I do not think it would have made the difference in the game however.  We lost the game due to being out coached.  SH let us be lulled to sleep by their play thus making us play a half court game that we ALL know this team has a tough(being VERY nice) time doing.

SupaCrawf

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on March 21, 2006, 03:50:44 pm

Yes I think that going to the NIT would have been beneficial to the team and the COACH.  No I do not think it would have made the difference in the game however.  We lost the game due to being out coached.  SH let us be lulled to sleep by their play thus making us play a half court game that we ALL know this team has a tough(being VERY nice) time doing.

What, no personal attack now that I'm here to defend myself????

I'm kind of a big deal.

qakhed

we're preoccupied now with coach sitting

SupaCrawf

Quote from: qakhed on March 21, 2006, 04:03:41 pm
we're preoccupied now with coach sitting

Maybe we should pick players to make sit on coaches.  I'll start.  Big Baby sitting on Brady.  That would be great.
I'm kind of a big deal.

qakhed

I think coach K would enjoy it

SupaCrawf

yeah, Christian Lattnier (Sp?) sitting on Coach K.  That's DukeBack Mountain, eh?
I'm kind of a big deal.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 21, 2006, 03:55:04 pm

No, actually you explained your question and I am not near as pissed about heath as I was a few hours ago.  Left the office and went to the driving range.  Much more calm now.

qakhed

Oh, up top my brotha! And what was that point guard that year?

SupaCrawf

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on March 21, 2006, 04:10:12 pm
Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 21, 2006, 03:55:04 pm

No, actually you explained your question and I am not near as pissed about heath as I was a few hours ago.  Left the office and went to the driving range.  Much more calm now.

You must not be in NWA, it's 38 degrees here.  If you are, dude, you're my hero. 
I'm kind of a big deal.

NATEHOGG216

I am in NWA.  Well worth the cold.  Nothing relieves stress quite like hitting the SHI.TE out of something with a big stick.

NATEHOGG216

Unfortunately golf is the only sport I was ever any good at.

SupaCrawf

Did you go to the one off 540 at the apartment complex?
I'm kind of a big deal.

RAZORBART

this coach can sit on my couch any old time. Or anywhere else she would like to perch.

qakhed

I enjoy golf, but I suck at it

qakhed

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: SupaCrawf on March 21, 2006, 04:16:51 pm
Did you go to the one off 540 at the apartment complex?

No Im in Bentonville.  On target

SupaCrawf

Ah, Bentonville.  Enjoy the traffic....
I'm kind of a big deal.

NATEHOGG216

Oh it sucks, but just think in ten years we will have good enough roads for todays traffic, but oh wait in ten years traffic will be much worse, vicious cycle.  But its cool Im a realtor so I like the people moving in you know.

qakhed

in 10 years maybe how cars will fly

NATEHOGG216

thats the only way the traffic won't still suck

GWINGATE

REMEMBER LAST YEAR,STAN SAID OUR TEAM WAS MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY TIRED TO PLAY POST SEASON

qakhed

you forgot to take your pills didn't you? ::)

qakhed

take your chill pills and turn YOUR CAPS OFF