Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How is Kiffin not the front runner?

Started by Tusk_Musk, December 04, 2017, 11:13:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Tusk_Musk on December 04, 2017, 11:28:57 am
  Kiffin seems to have the overwhelming fan vote, which I know doesn’t count for much. 

WRONG.

Norvell beats Kiffin out, Not much, but clearly.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=650119.50
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Flrazrback

Looks like we need to call the White Devil A.K.A. Jimmy Sexton and find out how much we need to write the check out for.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: davehog on December 04, 2017, 11:40:28 am
I agree on Kiffin.  Based on coaching experience alone 100% of Razorback fans should want this hire to be made. Youngest HC in the history of the NFL, HC at USC and TN, OC for Saban. Famous family name, national notoriety, instant national media exposure

How did he leave those HC jobs? Were the teams winning a lot of games? Going to top bowls? Making the playoffs?

Just curious.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

TNarch

It's interesting that you have enjoyed laughing at the dumpster fire that is UT for the last week.  But now you want to bring Kiffin to Fayetteville so that UT can laugh at the UofA until Kiffin is fired and beyond.  There is no need for desperation at this point.

Kiffin is more likely to end up slopping around in the pig pen than he is to be coaching Hogs.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 04, 2017, 04:32:52 pm
WRONG.

Well most believed Norvell was on the next plan here and Kiffin wasn't even being considered.

Most Norvell people would probably be behind Kiffin especially since they have heard today that Norvell is probably behind Chad Morris

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TNarch on December 04, 2017, 04:39:40 pm
It's interesting that you have enjoyed laughing at the dumpster fire that is UT for the last week.  But now you want to bring Kiffin to Fayetteville so that UT can laugh at the UofA until Kiffin is fired and beyond.  There is no need for desperation at this point.

Kiffin is more likely to end up slopping around in the pig pen than he is to be coaching Hogs.

Tennessee fans are begging for Lane Kiffin

SlickWilly

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 04, 2017, 04:32:52 pm
WRONG.

That's not a direct head-to-head of Kiffin and Norvell though. Have we had a straight up Kiffin/Norvell poll? There's been so many...

TNarch

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 04, 2017, 04:42:17 pm
Tennessee fans are begging for Lane Kiffin

None that I am around...probably the fans in desperation mode like the ones on this page.

hog of steele

The fact that there was a rap song that said, "Smoke pot and talk smack (sic) like lane Kiffin" should be a clue.

Guy tweets like trump. He is a good coach but his mouth gets him in trouble.

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: SlickWilly on December 04, 2017, 04:43:04 pm
That's not a direct head-to-head of Kiffin and Norvell though. Have we had a straight up Kiffin/Norvell poll? There's been so many...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=650635.0

TNarch

Kiffin's coaching record is mixed.  His personal record is in the gutter.  Alabama OC..fired  USC HC...fired   UT HC...left before there was time to fire him.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TNarch on December 04, 2017, 04:44:44 pm
None that I am around...probably the fans in desperation mode like the ones on this page.

Type Kiffin into Twitter. I live in Nashville every UT guy I know wants Kiffin

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: TNarch on December 04, 2017, 04:51:20 pm
Kiffin's coaching record is mixed.  His personal record is in the gutter.  Alabama OC..fired  USC HC...fired   UT HC...left before there was time to fire him.

You forgot the Raiders..

seasonhog

Quote from: Hog Waller on December 04, 2017, 11:26:11 am
This program needs a leader who demonstrates some brashness and cockiness.  This team needs  a coach to develop an attitude and teach them how to strut a little.  Kiffin can deliver that.

Winning don't mean much to this program.......the last 11 win season....we fired that guy.

No wonder the sports world makes fun of us.

travelinhog

Quote from: hoghiker on December 04, 2017, 11:44:36 am
Not to rain on this Kiffin parade but to pretend his past doesn't give one pause is to ignore the elephant in the room. A big one with tusk. He has an upside. So did Petrino. I could live with Kiffin for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if he left the Hill burning when he left.

Petrino had a top ten team returning. Personally, I can force myself to live with that situation.  ;D

bob slydell

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

bob slydell

Quote from: TNarch on December 04, 2017, 04:51:20 pm

He got fired to a HC position at FAU?
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

hogcods8

Quote from: Tusk_Musk on December 04, 2017, 11:13:42 am
The hogs are in desperate need of a homerun hire.  Kiffin brings experience, the wow factor, and the offensive emphasis everyone was claiming we needed when the pitchforks were out for CBB. My 2 cents (FWIW), is that Kiffin could fill the stadium, win at the level hog fans expect (if not more), recruit beyond our norm, hire an excellent staff, and at the very least make us relevant again.

With that being said, Norvelle would not be a bad hire, however I'm worried about the level of defense (players, scheme, and staff) he would bring to the table.  From what I've gathered he's a very respectable and likable coach.  I only hesitate because as of now, IMO, he's not in the same overall tier as Kiffin.

It was previously mentioned that the decision makers wanted a coach with SEC experience.  Lane has experience as both a HC, and coordinator for the GOAT college football HC. I personally am willing to rule out his time at Tennessee in favor of his time at Bama.  If you've listened to the man now he seems to have an entirely new perspective on coaching than he did in his younger years.

To me the level of risk involved with his potential hiring in no way outweighs that of the other names being mentioned.  He actively uses twitter...so do most high school recruits. Is he tweeting anything obscene or absurd?  Not that I can see.   How is his use of social media a bigger risk than others who have never even coached in our conference? 

I have no way of knowing if he would even be interested in filling our coaching vacancy, my concern though is that it doesn't appear that anyone other than JCP is on board with even entertaining the idea.  How can that be?  With GM turning us down, is there truly no one else in a position of power that sees the upside to Kiffin?  Are so many hog fans, myself included really so ignorant that our #1 isn't even on the boards to do list?....

I guess that's why I don't get paid the big bucks though.  Also, if you want to bash a thread because it's similar to others, don't bother posting.  If HV only had 1 thread for every idea, concern or event that ever took place it would be a very boring message board. 

WPS

Because we have something better with Norvell. Also, because Kiffin is a moron!

Pig Power

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 04, 2017, 11:26:35 am
IMO, the main barrier for Kiffin to get the nod here is his "style".  More specifically, I could see some of the "old guard" in the GOBN and BOT not caring for his brashness, for lack of better words. CBB had a tendency to irk folks with some of the things he said or tweeted.  Lane is arguably even more brash, depending on your perception.  I tend to think our BOT and GOBN folks want someone more conservative.  Right or wrong, that is the perception I have that is preventing Lane from getting more momentum.  I think JCP may get Lane's style but again, the "old guard" probably not so much.
Drain the swamp

TrueBlue

Quote from: TNarch on December 04, 2017, 04:44:44 pm

They (Vol Fans) have a change.org petition with almost 12,000 signatures.

There is more than you think that want Lane.

Search on Twitter "Kiffin Tennessee" or "Kiffin Auburn".

Auburn wanted him if Gussie left.

oldhawg

Quote from: GuvHog on December 04, 2017, 12:00:17 pm
.....Or he could very well run out on us after 1 season like he did to Tennessee. No Thanks.

And like Frank Broyles did on Missouri once upon a time.  :)

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: Sivad on December 04, 2017, 12:01:21 pm
Im not worried about "one politically incorrect tweet" but more about bringing excitement back to the fan base, selling tickets, filling the stadium, attracting top recruits, SEC experience, media attention and demonstrated coaching ability.
By the way, show ONE such "politically incorrect tweet" he has made. There aren't any.

If Kiffin is all that, why is he still at FAU?

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on December 05, 2017, 08:38:34 am
That will change this week, possibly as early as 7pm this evening. Possibly.

311Hog

Quote from: WhenPigsFly on December 05, 2017, 08:38:34 am

this is his first year i think.  He clearly has a reputation and baggage but so did Petrino.  I really think if we can get Kiffin we will not regret it. He talks about his time with Saban as a 're education" and that now he is a combination of Pete Carroll and Saban.  Sign me up for that.