Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#Common Auburn football players at it again

Started by MissippHog, February 18, 2015, 02:13:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tusksincolorado

Quote from: usf15cc on February 18, 2015, 02:18:15 am
shocked!!!!! :o

I guess that's what happens when you recruit thugs.

What...become the Zoo Keeper at All-Barn U?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 19, 2015, 11:16:19 am
Here is what needs to be known about UCA Football.

There will be no 4 win and 3 win football seasons.
Southland =! SEC

Steef

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 19, 2015, 11:16:19 am
Here is what needs to be known about UCA Football.

There will be no 4 win and 3 win football seasons.

If UCA played the schedule we played last year, they would be begging for four wins.

southarkhog06

usf15cc

I thought Gus was above recruiting thugs given his background. Guess winning trumps character. :puke:

usf15cc

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 07:22:55 pm
Reddit source is a eye witness student... This happened on campus and was seen by a few students who are telling their side of story.
Maybe they hit the ATM also. :-\

(notOM)Rebel123

Just wondering if the players have apologized? No mention of it in the article.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Albert Einswine

In before janster barges in with Reddit guns a blazin'...
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

usf15cc

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 21, 2015, 07:03:24 am
In before janster barges in with Reddit guns a blazin'...
I sure hope not everything I've read so far make me sick

tusksincolorado

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on February 21, 2015, 06:28:49 am
Just wondering if the players have apologized? No mention of it in the article.

All-barn will not let the players speak to the reporters in fear of embarrassing Cow-College U even more.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

reddogjcss

ESPN
NCAAF
SPORTS
Scores
News
Video
More
Gus Malzahn apologizes to veteran

Associated Press | February 19, 2015
AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has apologized for the behavior of two players who allegedly harassed a military veteran and her service dog as she walked to class.

Shari Duval, president of K9s for Warriors, said Thursday that Malzahn called the Air Force veteran after the incident on Tuesday. The woman, 25-year-old Ashley Ozyurt, suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. Duval said Ozyurt has not returned to class.

Ozyurt posted on the Service Dog Memes Facebook page that she was left in tears and "hurt, angered, and very humiliated."

Duval said the two players, whose names have not been released, used profanity toward the veteran.

"Why they did that, I have no idea," Duval said. "I guess they thought it was a good idea at the time, but it was not a good idea."

University spokesman Mike Clardy did not immediately return phone messages or emails seeking comment Thursday but released an earlier statement to media outlets saying the university was investigating the incident " and will take all appropriate action once all the facts are known."

Duval said Malzahn indicated the players would apologize. She said Ozyurt is "a little reluctant to accept the apologies of the players because they continue to tweet about it."

Duval said her group is working on putting together an awareness program with Auburn about disabled veterans and service dogs.

"Our only goal is the well-being of our warrior so she feels safe and comfortable going to

grayhawg

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 22, 2015, 05:57:08 pm
ESPN
NCAAF
SPORTS
Scores
News
Video
More

AUBURN, Ala. -- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has apologized for the behavior of two players who allegedly harassed a military veteran and her service dog as she walked to class.

Shari Duval, president of K9s for Warriors, said Thursday that Malzahn called the Air Force veteran after the incident on Tuesday. The woman, 25-year-old Ashley Ozyurt, suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder. Duval said Ozyurt has not returned to class.

Ozyurt posted on the Service Dog Memes Facebook page that she was left in tears and "hurt, angered, and very humiliated."

Duval said the two players, whose names have not been released, used profanity toward the veteran.

"Why they did that, I have no idea," Duval said. "I guess they thought it was a good idea at the time, but it was not a good idea."

University spokesman Mike Clardy did not immediately return phone messages or emails seeking comment Thursday but released an earlier statement to media outlets saying the university was investigating the incident " and will take all appropriate action once all the facts are known."

Duval said Malzahn indicated the players would apologize. She said Ozyurt is "a little reluctant to accept the apologies of the players because they continue to tweet about it."

Duval said her group is working on putting together an awareness program with Auburn about disabled veterans and service dogs.

"Our only goal is the well-being of our warrior so she feels safe and comfortable going to

If that is his only goal, he might try kicking the two jerks out of school.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 22, 2015, 05:57:08 pm
ESPN
NCAAF
SPORTS
Scores
News
Video
More

What kind of dumb aces continue to chirp about it?  They should have shut their pie holes.  But considering what they did in the first place, why would I think they had any common sense at all?

hawgw1ld

He should make the offending PLAYERS make the apology, not do it for them.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

lefty08

Quote from: hawgw1ld on February 22, 2015, 06:28:57 pm

hes just heppin
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

racinghog

Well the players keep tweeting because they haven't been called on it by those in leadership at Auburn.

Hogfan1660

They need to make those two knuckle draggers enlist in the military and go serve a couple tours!!!! I have zero tolerance for idiots like that and have nearly come to blows with people in the past for giving people a hard time. Until you lose a family member due to war you can't really fully appreciate the sacrifice they make for this country!!!

qbrew

Quote from: grayhawg on February 22, 2015, 06:06:44 pm
If that is his only goal, he might try kicking the two jerks out of school.
That bolded quote is from the K-9s for warriors spokesperson, not Malzahn.

(notOM)Rebel123

+1000 exactly.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

idochog

Gus is all about gus
I love Jesus!

pfrg999

Just another day at Auburn!
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

reddogjcss

I have nothing but respect for our veterans and those serving. This is very low. Not much gets any lower.
To actually harass a vet is beyond low!
I would be very hard dealing out the punishment. Very

NoNC4Tubs

THIS!!!!!!!!!!  8)