Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#Common Auburn football players at it again

Started by MissippHog, February 18, 2015, 02:13:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

I can taste the bitterness of that vintage from here...  >:(  8)  ;)  ;D

Quote from: MissippHog on February 18, 2015, 03:55:59 pm
Question for the mods.

I realize that most threads are started in MMQB even when they don't necessarily belong here.  However, it obviously is the main section of the board with the most traffic.  So on to my question.

Why are some threads like this one allowed to stay in MMQB when the exact information was posted 8 hours earlier but moved to SEC sports section?
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=588614.0

May sound like sour grapes and it's not.  Just curious.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 02:54:15 pm
Believe what you want but the facts are there.  Here is another account of what actually happened:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2wbwot/about_auburn_players_harassing_disabled_vet/

I thought you were banned forever. You should be after quoting reddit as a viable source of anything. We just like seeing you morons melt down and eat each other. Reminds me of the Petrino crap. Yes we are guilty of it too. But you clowns are much funnier to watch.
This is my non-signature signature.

rljjr

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:06:51 pm
Sorry to upset you.  I was meaning serving in combat.  This lady claims to suffer from PTSD but never actually was in combat and was hardly even in the military?  She has mental issues for sure but that is a stretch for me.  Yes by definition you "served".  Thank you

You don't have to have served in combat to have Post Traumatic Stress. That can be brought on by a number of traumas. Note the phrase doesn't have "combat trauma disorder" in its name. I can understand the confusion since it is most commonly associated with those in conflict. I don't know the young lady or what issues she may or may not have had prior to her stint in the military, but I do know that sexual assaults (as I read was the issue) can trigger such an event/occurrence. Her length of service is irrelevant to your argument. If she raised her hand and swore the oath then she served. Approximately 1% of the American public are on active duty, and approximately 7% of the population are vets (just as a matter of being factual). It's a pretty tight-knit group, regardless of service, of people who embraced much of the same suck, and I enjoy my encounters with vets (airplanes, restaurants, ballgames) because there is a mutual respect. It is too bad that sort of camaraderie isn't pervasive in America among all of us. Perhaps if we spent a little more time lifting people up then things like this wouldn't happen. You just never know what somebody has been through, so isn't it easier to go nice early? Show a little compassion?

Meh, maybe that's too much to ask -- but it shouldn't be.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:10:03 pm
I appreciate all those who served,  thank you for your service.  I just don't like this lady throwing around the Vet card when it doesn't need to be in this instance.  And no I didn't serve in the military, I went the college route  instead. I I also don't see how I'm trolling here, just wanted everyone to get the full story before you bash these guys for trying to pet a dog.
Okay so let me get this straight: she shouldn't "throw around the Vet card"-your words not mine-and yet her very unfortunate sexual assault happened to occur while she was in the military. It appears that her attack can't be separated from WHERE and WHEN it occurred. So what's YOUR solution? I know: let the thugs down there be praised for their apparent compassion and tremendous understanding. Nice; great solution BTW.

jkstock04

Lol hey great thread guys! Keep fightin that fight!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

MissippHog

scruf

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on February 18, 2015, 04:02:07 pm
I thought you were banned forever. You should be after quoting reddit as a viable source of anything. We just like seeing you morons melt down and eat each other. Reminds me of the Petrino crap. Yes we are guilty of it too. But you clowns are much funnier to watch.
Is it true that Reddit is really the news arm of MSNBC and The Huffington Post and also owned and edited by Brian Williams? I thought so.

JansterZ71

Quote from: scruf on February 18, 2015, 03:42:56 pm
As a veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan, and current active duty Soldier who has sat on the court martial panel (military equivalent of a jury) on a sexual assault case, I can assure you that violent sexual assaults have the same potential to create crippling PTSD as being in the middle of a firefight or indirect fire attack. The best thing you could do right now is delete every negative or questioning post that you've made about this young lady and take a few days off.

Sorry to have you so upset.  All I'm saying is if she can't function in normal society then she shouldn't be in it.  I Was just coming in here to tell both sides of the story.  There is overwhelming evidence in eye witnesses that what the players didn't do anything wrong.  This lady snapped when they tried to pet her dog on campus.  Yet all these classless guys in here are bashing players (and Auburn as a whole) just over some news story that was quick to jump the gun on the story.  It's a none story IMO. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: rljjr on February 18, 2015, 04:02:19 pm
You don't have to have served in combat to have Post Traumatic Stress. That can be brought on by a number of traumas. Note the phrase doesn't have "combat trauma disorder" in its name. I can understand the confusion since it is most commonly associated with those in conflict. I don't know the young lady or what issues she may or may not have had prior to her stint in the military, but I do know that sexual assaults (as I read was the issue) can trigger such an event/occurrence. Her length of service is irrelevant to your argument. If she raised her hand and swore the oath then she served. Approximately 1% of the American public are on active duty, and approximately 7% of the population are vets (just as a matter of being factual). It's a pretty tight-knit group, regardless of service, of people who embraced much of the same suck, and I enjoy my encounters with vets (airplanes, restaurants, ballgames) because there is a mutual respect. It is too bad that sort of camaraderie isn't pervasive in America among all of us. Perhaps if we spent a little more time lifting people up then things like this wouldn't happen. You just never know what somebody has been through, so isn't it easier to go nice early? Show a little compassion?

Meh, maybe that's too much to ask -- but it shouldn't be.
You're totally correct. In fact I suspect that most on here get PTSD every time they read a post by JansterZ71.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 04:03:31 pm

You're not even a talented auburn troll.
Oh ok got it.  If someone says something you disagree with then they are a troll.  Now I understand.  Quit being a classless Hog fan. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 04:08:12 pm
Oh ok got it.  If someone says something you disagree with then they are a troll.  Now I understand.  Quit being a classless Hog fan.

No. Not really. You are just what you are and you can't help it.
This is my non-signature signature.

Vantage 8 dude

BTW I've been meaning to compliment you on the AWbarn homecoming court pic you have on your avatar. Nice!!!!

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:06:51 pm
Sorry to upset you.  I was meaning serving in combat.  This lady claims to suffer from PTSD but never actually was in combat and was hardly even in the military?  She has mental issues for sure but that is a stretch for me.  Yes by definition you "served".  Thank you
PTSD isn't combat exclusive. It can certainly happen as a result of sexual assault - especially if you are blamed for the assault and do not get the help you need. Which, unfortunately, the Air Force has a history of doing.

And you, sir, are a complete SOB. Words just absolutely fail here.  :puke:

Albert Einswine

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 04:07:01 pm
  It's a none story IMO. 

Is auburn exploring the possibility of starting up an English department anytime soon?

Also, if it's a "none story" why did Gustafus apologize to the young lady?

The_Iceman

I think you've already got classless covered by trying to discredit a woman who served in our military, who was sexually assaulted while defending your freedoms.

Move along troll.

HogMantheIntruder

Now before we start getting all high and mighty, let's remember the Crusades...
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:36:54 pm
I wasn't mocking her.  Clearly you deciphered my post wrong.

No, more like discounting with a little derision mixed in, you know, just to support the program.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 04:26:00 pm
Also, if it's a "none story" why did Gustafus apologize to the young lady?

Well, since they did nothing, then the internet reports of Gus sending out the apology was also clearly wrong.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Albert Einswine

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on February 18, 2015, 04:35:16 pm
Well, since they did nothing, then the internet reports of Gus sending out the apology was also clearly wrong.

We'd better authenticate that with Reddit...

RunHogruN

As a combat vet and a nurse who works with all manners of PTSD problems and as well as having the problem myself.  This type of action really make the blood boil.  I fought for this country and by God if those two idiots say anything to me about a guide dog or pose threat to me.  They would have expected a severe retaliation from the likes of me and my brothers at arms.  I'm sorry but untill the morons walk on our shoes as soldiers and have been through the gauntlet we go through they can kiss my A$$ and I hope they never see the field again.

HHHHOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!
It's only a game...R E L A X     B)

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hoggish1

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 03:36:54 pm
I wasn't mocking her.  Clearly you deciphered my post wrong.

Now you are saying your post was encrypted?

Albert Einswine

Calling All Hogs

I hope it doesn't turn out that she was attending college under some kind of GI benefits but budget cuts required her to attend a second rate institution.

scruf

Quote from: Kevin on February 18, 2015, 04:35:58 pm
Scruf, thanks for your service.

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate that. I hope this young woman eventually rebounds from her trauma.

hogcard1964

Quote from: goodguytex on February 18, 2015, 12:01:05 pm
This woman felt so humiliated at what these players did to her, she just sat down and cried and sobbed. Being sexually assaulted is a very terrible thing to have to endure. I can only imagine the pain she has gone through. These players need to be suspended for some games, after they apologize. Anything less and it shows lack of class by auburn.

They'll sit several games.

MissippHog

BearsBisonsBoars

Albert Einswine

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on February 18, 2015, 05:34:30 pm
FIFY.

Ain't nothing but a God thing at Auburn.

Which is exactly why those two players will be required to sit for the team prayer before kickoff. They're tough like that on the plains.

Laughing Hog

And as you mentioned earlier, it's a 'none' story. Yet, I open Yahoo and the first headline is about this story. Just the thought of defending these players is classless.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

JansterZ71

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on February 18, 2015, 04:43:59 pm
I hope it doesn't turn out that she was attending college under some kind of GI benefits but budget cuts required her to attend a second rate institution.
Haha I know this was an attempt of a joke but it's sort of ironic since Auburn is heads and heels above Arkansas Academically. 

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

1. Vanderbilt
2. Texas A&M
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Auburn
7. Missouri
8. Tennessee
9. South Carolina
10. Kentucky
11. LSU
12. Arkansas
13. Ole Miss
14. Mississippi State

Albert Einswine

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 07:02:59 pm
Haha I know this was an attempt of a joke but it's sort of ironic since Auburn is heads and heels above Arkansas Academically. 

It certainly doesn't seem to be having any kind of positive impact on you. Maybe the ranking on that list is as good as your Reddit source...

JansterZ71

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 07:06:10 pm

It certainly doesn't seem to be having any kind of positive impact on you. Maybe the ranking on that list is as good as your Reddit source...

Reddit source is a eye witness student... This happened on campus and was seen by a few students who are telling their side of story.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 07:02:59 pm

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities

1. Vanderbilt
2. Texas A&M
3. Florida
4. Georgia
5. Alabama
6. Auburn
7. Missouri
8. Tennessee
9. South Carolina
10. Kentucky
11. LSU
12. Arkansas
13. Ole Miss
14. Mississippi State

Well, when your athletes all have 4.0 GPAs due to academic fraud and no one bats an eye, it raises the school's academic standing.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: JansterZ71 on February 18, 2015, 07:22:55 pm
Reddit source is a supposed eye witness student... This happened on campus and was seen by a few students who are telling their side of story.
Fixed that for you.

Rzbakfromwaybak

If the story she told is true....& it sounds like it is or Malzahn wouldn't be apologizing ... this is sad.  Football players harassing/bullying a disabled/partially disabled female student, minding her own business.  Thing is.....if they did do this, nothing will probably happen.  One of those...."handled in house" situations.  Which means,  Auburn may dock them one paycheck, etc.......

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 18, 2015, 03:01:55 pm

So if you go through basic but never serve in combat you didn't serve? Check

I'll have rethink my entire enlistment in the Air Force freezing my ass off in the UP of Michigan readying B-52's to perform America's nuclear deterrent role during the Cold War now that I'm told I didn't serve.

Im with you! I will call my oldest and tell him he doesnt need to go out on maintenance duty from Malstrom AFB this week. Its kinda chilly this time of the year out in eastern Montana.

Why? Because ole' Jan says he isnt really serving his Country.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

NoNC4Tubs

Football players are above rules and proper conduct at awbern (if you are on the two-deep)........ 8)

GoHogs1091

Quote from: The Chief on February 18, 2015, 01:04:11 pm
So, now Steve Cambell is the greatest coach in the history of football?

Campbell in the past has been named a National Coach of the Year.  He has also won a National Championship as a Head Coach.

Let's just put it this way, if Campbell had been the Head Coach for those 3 Bielema Wisconsin Rose Bowl Teams, Wisconsin wouldn't have been 0-3 in those Rose Bowl games.

Albert Einswine

GoHogs1091: Konk was better than Petrino, new UCA coach is better than Bielema.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 19, 2015, 10:54:41 am

Here is what needs to be known about UCA Football.

There will be no 4 win and 3 win football seasons.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Albert Einswine on February 19, 2015, 10:54:41 am

Where is Konkowski coaching now?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

The_Iceman

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on February 19, 2015, 11:16:19 am
Here is what needs to be known about UCA Football.

There will be no 4 win and 3 win football seasons.

What do we need to know about your beloved Mississippi State basketball program?

jswineberiaskirk

saw this yesterday and wondered how long before H'ville picked it up.

Rockpig5

Granted AU is "loose" with athletes behavior.  However, I'm sure in whatever meeting they have to discuss acceptable behavior taunting handicapped veterans was not discussed, nor should it have been.  If you're such a "Dillhole" that taunting DAV seems like a good idea, then you should exit to being wiped off the planet!!  Dipshites!!!!