Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is becoming clearer now.

Started by regi, January 21, 2008, 11:32:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

regi

With Nutt and 1/2 the MSM at OlePiss, our resident recruiting "gurus" (Grit, Trey and DD) don't have Arkansas' current recruitng list anymore. CBP and Coach Horton don't shoot Grit daily e-mails anymore, so they are basicly fishin for info like us. I don't think either Rivals or Scout has a good grasp on who is committed to the Hogs or not. Rivals has EP as an Arkansas commit and Scout has him as a Rebel? Interesting indeed.

SONofHAM

You make good points.  I'd also like to add that Odus seems to be the one with the least bit of info.  Makes it obvious he was just printing whatever HDN told him to.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Hawgballz

Quote from: sonofsam on January 21, 2008, 11:41:16 pm
You make good points.  I'd also like to add that Odus seems to be the one with the least bit of info.  Makes it obvious he was just printing whatever HDN told him to.

Are you on Odus' paid board?  I am not, but I am told that he still has a lot of inside info on the board, so he must still have some sources.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

SONofHAM

Maybe so, I just don't put much stock in what he "reports."  I'm sure his "knowledge" still comes from Nutt
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

moley_russells_wart_hog

you mean no double secret recruits this year

The_Bionic_Pig

I suddenly have the urge for a cold glass of milk  (darn avatar)  8)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on January 22, 2008, 12:02:59 am
I suddenly have the urge for a cold glass of milk  (darn avatar)  8)

I know it.  I have had the same urge.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 21, 2008, 11:58:09 pm
Are you on Odus' paid board?  I am not, but I am told that he still has a lot of inside info on the board, so he must still have some sources.
[/quote

Wrong, Otis still has a lot of information that he is getting from somewhere.  I have not noticed a change in the amount of information he is getting.  The majority of what gets reported on this board comes directly from Otis. 

jml

Is it just me or does BP seem mean?

And I like it!
Put a FORK in the DORK! He's done!

Hawgballz

Quote from: donewithdale on January 22, 2008, 12:55:03 am

Why did you say 'wrong' when you agreed with 'ballz?

I was wondering the same thing.

Wu Tang Clan

saywhat?

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 21, 2008, 11:58:09 pm

I don't care for the [CENSORED] but, he knows more than anyone here.  Just about everything he posts ends up here.  This board wouldn't have half of its info if it weren't Otis.  Just the truth.   

Hogstocking

January 22, 2008, 04:49:31 am #12 Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 05:56:49 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: saywhat? on January 22, 2008, 02:11:37 am
I don't care for the ******* but, he knows more than anyone here.  Just about everything he posts ends up here.  This board wouldn't have half of its info if it weren't Otis.  Just the truth.   

I agree 100% with every you said but what has been bolded.

When Richard was giving multiple prospect interviews a week (sometimes it seemed daily) hogville was on the fast-track to surpass rivals and scout combined.  Hogville was the leading recruiting authority. I specifically remember reading interviews from players like Sam McGuffie and Arthur Brown on here.  You didn't find that anywhere else.  Hell, Richard was even taking requests on player interviews from posters and more often than not delivered.  Those were the good ole days. 

But since Richard all but quit posting on here when he got the news paper gig and some other mods and regular posters with a lot of recruiting info migrated to other boards, Otis' info gets reguritated onto this board a whole lot more because people are just wanting recruiting info and rivals (even scout for that matter) has daily updates.  It's certainly not because Otis has the best scoop or sources.  Its just the fact that he operates one of only two recruiting sites that offer daily updates and at this time of year with NSD right around the corner, recruiting info is at a feeding frenzy level....

txkrazorback

Quote from: regi on January 21, 2008, 11:32:28 pm
With Nutt and 1/2 the MSM at OlePiss, our resident recruiting "gurus" (Grit, Trey and DD) don't have Arkansas' current recruitng list anymore. CBP and Coach Horton don't shoot Grit daily e-mails anymore, so they are basicly fishin for info like us. I don't think either Rivals or Scout has a good grasp on who is committed to the Hogs or not. Rivals has EP as an Arkansas commit and Scout has him as a Rebel? Interesting indeed.
Does Hogville's servers have nutt-detectors?
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

saywhat?

Quote from: Hogstocking on January 22, 2008, 04:49:31 am
I agree 100% with every you said but what has been bolded.

When Richard was giving multiple prospect interviews a week (sometimes it seemed daily) hogville was on the fast-track to surpass rivals and scout combined.  Hogville was the leading recruiting authority. I specifically remember reading interviews from players like Sam McGuffie and Arthur Brown on here.  You didn't find that anywhere else.  Hell, Richard was even taking requests on player interviews from posters and more often than not delivered.  Those were the good ole days. 

But since Richard all but quit posting on here when he got the news paper gig and some other mods and regular posters with a lot of recruiting info migrated to other boards, Otis' info gets reguritated onto this board a whole lot more because people are just wanting recruiting info and rivals (even scout for that matter) has daily updates.  It's certainly not because Otis has the best scoop or sources.  Its just the fact that he operates one of only two recruiting sites that offer daily updates and at this time of year with NSD right around the corner, recruiting info is at a feeding frenzy level....

I too enjoyed Richards interviews.  He is the main reason I came over here in the first place and he has outscooped Otis before so I'm not taking anything away from him, but a lot of the stuff you see from regular posters comes from either Scout or Rivals.     

Oklahawg

Quote from: saywhat? on January 22, 2008, 02:11:37 am
I don't care for the ******* but, he knows more than anyone here.  Just about everything he posts ends up here.  This board wouldn't have half of its info if it weren't Otis.  Just the truth.   

Bullsnort. That Richard Davenport was scooping both pay boards on over half the recruits last summer (during the frenzy of commits) must be lost on you.

Lots of connected posters here. Increase the connectedness and you increase the knowledge. Lots of posters around here who are in daily contact with UA recruits. Easier for that to happen when its free. And...a lot easier for it to get sloppy or for folks who "know" a recruit to actually just notice him when he wanders by towards his locker, or to his table with his Big Mac. Paying $10 eliminates a lot of "in" connections.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jpenrod1

I would agree that since RD left things have not been the same.

saywhat?

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 22, 2008, 05:35:19 pm
Bullsnort. That Richard Davenport was scooping both pay boards on over half the recruits last summer (during the frenzy of commits) must be lost on you.

Lots of connected posters here. Increase the connectedness and you increase the knowledge. Lots of posters around here who are in daily contact with UA recruits. Easier for that to happen when its free. And...a lot easier for it to get sloppy or for folks who "know" a recruit to actually just notice him when he wanders by towards his locker, or to his table with his Big Mac. Paying $10 eliminates a lot of "in" connections.

That $10 a month I've paid for coming up on 6 years has built me a lot of connections to different schools around the country.  Sure you have some folks who know recruits in and around Arkansas, but you don't get anything on national recruits.  I do.  Also, how do you make your own assesment of a recruit if you've never seen anything on him?  There are three places you can do that, only one of them is free and it's random at best and it's certainly not in this forum.  Not dogging the forum because it is what is "free", but the recruiting part of this site isn't in the same league as Rivals, which makes it worth the $10 if you follow recruiting everyday.  Just my opinion.

And yes Otis knows more than Richard.  He's been doing it a lot longer, works hard at it, and has more connections.  It's just a fact and I'm sure Richard would admit it himself.

tophawg19

SAYWHAT !!!!!!!!!!! man you must be crazy . stewie keeps us informed on east coast . don't know his sources but they are good. richard is always ahead of otis. as for others go to hawgsillustrated magazine . look back over 10 or 20 issues rarely do we sign the players they are throwing out .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins