Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME #2 THREAD: #1 ARKANSAS (43-17) vs # 2 Missouri St (41-17)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, June 03, 2017, 04:56:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

#1 Arkansas vs #2 Missouri St 
                             at Fayetteville, Arkansas

SATURDAY @7PM Central

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2017 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL
                                    ROAD TO OMAHA GAME THREAD

#1 ARKANSAS (43-17) VS #2 Missouri St (41-17)

First Pitch is set for 7:00 PM CT and WILL NOT BE TELEVISED. This game will be streamed live online on ESPN 3, on WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app.

THIS IS A WINNERS BRACKET GAME IN A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT Arkansas and Missouri St are both 1-0.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Maddhog will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game.  Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S,  JHICKS3636,  Wisco Pig, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, ucahogfan, will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

:razorback:

0          7:00pm                  0                   
                 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | -  |  R |  H  | E  |LOB
MSU         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
ARK         |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

GAME 1 BOXSCORE:   http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Game-2-Book-Arkansas-3-Oral-Roberts-0.pdf

GAME 1: VIDEO RECAP:
Stephan Leads Hogs To Shutout To Open Regional
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stephan-leads-hogs-to-shutout-to-open-regional/#sm.00001jlujzxeida2yt42hd3mnux32

Junior pitcher Trevor Stephan was nearly unhittable Friday night in Arkansas' regional-opening game against Oral Roberts, striking out 12 batters over 7.1 innings to help defeat the Golden Eagles, 3-0, at Baum Stadium.

With the win, the top-seeded Razorbacks (43-17) advance to play two-seed Missouri State in the winners' bracket of the Fayetteville Regional on Saturday with first pitch set for 7 p.m. Oral Roberts (42-15) will face three-seed Oklahoma State earlier in the day in an elimination game at 2 p.m.

jry04

We usually have a huge night at the plate right after we struggle at the plate. According to Missouri State fans, they are likely throwing Dylan Coleman. He is a RHP with a 4.93 ERA. He has 90K and 42 BB in 87 IP. He has hit 9 batters and given up 10 HRs. Missouri State used their top 2 arms out of their bullpen yesterday. Fromson threw 40 pitches and Young threw 19. Young is probably still available, but I would imagine Fromson gets the day off. Fromson lead the country in WHIP this season, and opponents hit just .159 against him. They also brought one of their weekend starters out of the pen when they were struggling to get outs in the 9th. He only threw 5 pitches, but I thought that was odd.

JHicks3636

dotnet

He can still pitch Sunday or Monday.

That is a really nice k rate for a starter. I agree, Arkansas is the favorite in every game - hence the 1 seed - but in a world where tenn tech can beat fsu, msu can easily win

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

dotnet

And yes tenn tech is decent, so you can replace that analogy with Davidson and unc.

campushog23

Program guide and SEC network website is showing that SEC Network has picked up the game tonight.

HamIAm

Quote from: campushog23 on June 03, 2017, 08:39:36 am
Program guide and SEC network website is showing that SEC Network has picked up the game tonight.

Yes, thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to be out of pocket this evening. This helps.

http://secsports.go.com/tv-schedule

MemphisBossHog

SPAL

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 03, 2017, 10:30:26 am
some guy named Blaine
LOL.  I was hoping it would be that guy.  I just hadnt seen anything official.  I know it might have seemed like an obvious question but just wanted to be sure.  Thank you "sir."

SPAL

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on June 03, 2017, 10:33:17 am
LOL.  I was hoping it would be that guy.  I just hadnt seen anything official.  I know it might have seemed like an obvious question but just wanted to be sure.  Thank you "sir."

I know. I was just giving you a hard time.

carter

My TV guide for tonight on SEC network at 7:00 says Clemson vs. Vanderbilt

Birminghog

Hogs49ers

So apparently Missouri State does not have a very good catcher, and on their message board they talk about how neither one of their catchers can throw anyone out at 2nd.  Do you think we try to get the run game going a bit more or is that unlikely with this team?
SCREW Vandy!

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 03, 2017, 10:30:26 am
some guy named Blaine

Never heard of him.  He must be in the Red Army cadet squad.  I assume he is a sharp-shooter.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Quote from: Hogs49ers on June 03, 2017, 03:56:19 pm
So apparently Missouri State does not have a very good catcher, and on their message board they talk about how neither one of their catchers can throw anyone out at 2nd.  Do you think we try to get the run game going a bit more or is that unlikely with this team?

I think of Cole gets on first right off the bat  we will definitely test him.

BroyledNutts

I would think it's unlikely early - if by the middle innings there's no score I would expect DVH to start running

Birminghog

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

SPAL

Quote from: Birminghog on June 03, 2017, 05:11:18 pm
Anybody know what time our game is projected to start?

55 minutes after completion of game 1 is the official announcement

cypert2

Quote from: carter on June 03, 2017, 02:16:44 pm
My TV guide for tonight on SEC network at 7:00 says Clemson vs. Vanderbilt
My DirectTV guide says the same
Swinging on the two and the four.

pigmailyen

Quote from: Birminghog on June 03, 2017, 02:43:55 pm
Not to be confused with James G. Blaine.

+1 for 19th Century political reference in a sports setting.  ESPN 8 worthy, IMO.

litmachog

PORKULATOR

Quote from: cypert2 on June 03, 2017, 05:34:18 pm
My DirectTV guide says the same
I'm Comcast and in southeast Tennessee and mine says the same....  it's the same SEC network. Lol
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Ugly Uncle

By far the best forum on Hogville.  Love this forum and these threads.
Retired Radio Host

ricepig

CampuspostmanHOG

Bogghawg

weather.com has taken rain out of the forecast until 5 A.M.  Hopefully we can get done by then...
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

cypress rock

Thanks. Just saw it roll across.

Was there last night in our bank's suite.

Can't make it tonight.

Go Hogs!

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: CampuspostmanHOG on June 03, 2017, 07:09:52 pm
SEC network showing Kentucky vs NC State until we start.

Tick...        tock...        tick...         Time for a re-fill.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

CampuspostmanHOG

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

bulldog04

They are terrible. As a team they have thrown out 9 of 54 would be base stealers. That means teams are stealing at a 83% clip

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: bulldog04 on June 03, 2017, 07:34:56 pm
They are terrible. As a team they have thrown out 9 of 54 would be base stealers. That means teams are stealing at a 83% clip

Reminds me of my high school team

razCzar

cubsfan5150

QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

ricepig