Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Fortson play against UAB?

Started by claycohog, December 31, 2009, 12:14:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

How about Washington?  If Washington were in shape his back would not give him as much trouble.

yabbse

WilsonHog

FaytownHog

hey, i was just wondering if somebody could start a new thread with "will CF be back for the BLANK game" for every game until he gets back, even though the head coach doesn't know when that'll be. bc surely someone on hogville knows more and would share with the world on the week of the game he is coming back. thanks for all the help.

Hog-I

Quote from: claycohog on December 31, 2009, 12:14:34 pm
How about Washington?  If Washington were in shape his back would not give him as much trouble.

Washington got pushed around last night.  He didn't look like he wanted to be on the floor at all.

SunshinePumper

A better question is, "is fortson done as a razorback?"

Huggers Laid to Rest:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=325641.0
Quote from: Breems on February 27, 2010, 11:31:16 pm
I believe Pel deserves at least 2 more years to get some post players in to accompany our decent backcourt.  If he can't get us to the NCAAT in 2 years then I'll definitely change my mind.
Quote from: Breems on March 12, 2010, 07:28:31 am
I understand giving a coach time, but giving Pel time will solve NOTHING.

thirtythree

Quote from: Hog-I on December 31, 2009, 12:30:09 pm
Washington got pushed around last night.  He didn't look like he wanted to be on the floor at all.

Seriously? He wasn't even supposed to play. I guess diving for a loose ball at mid court consitutes him not wanting to be there. I guess drawing a charge constitutes not wanting to be there. Maybe he was a little more hurt than he led on to be so he could try to help his team mates.

Unfreaking real what some people come up with just because of a loss.

Hog-I

Quote from: thirtythree on December 31, 2009, 12:33:54 pm
Seriously? He wasn't even supposed to play. I guess diving for a loose ball at mid court consitutes him not wanting to be there. I guess drawing a charge constitutes not wanting to be there. Maybe he was a little more hurt than he led on to be so he could try to help his team mates.

Unfreaking real what some people come up with just because of a loss.

Whoa.  Calm down, dude.  He did get pushed around.  Maybe he looked like that because he was hurt.  I didn't say he sucks and is lazy. 

thirtythree

Quote from: Hog-I on December 31, 2009, 12:37:15 pm
Whoa.  Calm down, dude.  He did get pushed around.  Maybe he looked like that because he was hurt.  I didn't say he sucks and is lazy.

You definitely implied it. Saying it looked like he didn't want to be there? I didn't get that impression at all. He may have gotten pushed a little, but he definitely wanted to be there.

Hog-I

Quote from: thirtythree on December 31, 2009, 12:39:21 pm
You definitely implied it. Saying it looked like he didn't want to be there? I didn't get that impression at all. He may have gotten pushed a little, but he definitely wanted to be there.

OK, whatever man.  He probably didn't want to be out there because his back hurt.  I wasn't implying anything.  Not everyone on this board is out to get our coach.

thirtythree

Quote from: Hog-I on December 31, 2009, 12:44:51 pm
OK, whatever man.  He probably didn't want to be out there because his back hurt.  I wasn't implying anything.  Not everyone on this board is out to get our coach.

Last thing I'll say on it. If he didn't want to be out there he wouldn't have gone. He wasn't supposed to play to begin with.

I never said anything about you going after the coach, so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

MW has been one of the good ones. He hasn't been a trouble maker. He is one of the last ones that should get called out and his actions last night should signify that.

claycohog

Quote from: Hog-I on December 31, 2009, 12:44:51 pm
Just most of us. j/k

Breems

I believe it was Woo_Pig_Stewie who stated that Fortson had a 95% chance of playing against UAB.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The Boar War

Quote from: thirtythree on December 31, 2009, 12:53:10 pm
Last thing I'll say on it. If he didn't want to be out there he wouldn't have gone. He wasn't supposed to play to begin with.

MW has been one of the good ones. He hasn't been a trouble maker. He is one of the last ones that should get called out and his actions last night should signify that.

Agreed.

claycohog

Quote from: ImissBrewer on December 31, 2009, 12:58:08 pm
I believe it was Woo_Pig_Stewie who stated that Fortson had a 95% chance of playing against UAB.
When was that?

ishankem

I'm actually a little surprised Fortson hasn't left school to transfer to try and play somewhere else.  PT is so important to these guys.  a lot of guys would get upset about not playing for so long and just say, "I'm outta here".

The Boar War

Quote from: ishankem on December 31, 2009, 01:02:07 pm
I'm actually a little surprised Fortson hasn't left school to transfer to try and play somewhere else.  PT is so important to these guys.  a lot of guys would get upset about not playing for so long and just say, "I'm outta here".

What if he wasn't eligible for a transfer?

thirtythree

What kind of signature would he be waiting on so he could play? I heard it again at the game last night and that is troubling me.

Hog-I

Quote from: claycohog on December 31, 2009, 12:57:59 pm
Just most of us. j/k

Ha.  You really have to watch how you word things on here sometimes or folks fly off the handle. 

claycohog

Quote from: Hog-I on December 31, 2009, 01:10:28 pm
Ha.  You really have to watch how you word things on here sometimes or folks fly off the handle. 
Yep, there are several posters on here that are in constant defense mode.  It's going to be a long 3 months for those individuals.

GuvHog

Quote from: ImissBrewer on December 31, 2009, 12:58:08 pm

I sure hope so. Last night left no doubt that this Hog team is BADLY in need of a solid PG.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rude1

At this point does it matter? With Fortson they might win 4 or 5 more games, without him they might win 2 or 3. So in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter?

TNhawgfan

Quote from: SunshinePumper on December 31, 2009, 12:33:34 pm
Probably so. At least he is geting some workouts in before he heads to Europe
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Breems

Quote from: GUVHOG on December 31, 2009, 03:14:45 pm
I sure hope so. Last night left no doubt that this Hog team is BADLY in need of a solid PG.
No one on this board believes you.  A PG and healthy dominate big man are not essential to stay close to Baylor.

Danny J

Quote from: ImissBrewer on December 31, 2009, 05:34:46 pm
No one on this board believes you.  A PG and healthy dominate big man are not essential to stay close to Baylor.
Are you smoking crack? There is not a successful team you can point to without a point guard much less a team without either a PG or bigman. I am assuming you were being facetious?

thirtythree

Quote from: headhawg7 on December 31, 2009, 05:46:10 pm
Are you smoking crack? There is not a successful team you can point to without a point guard much less a team without either a PG or bigman. I am assuming you were being facetious?

I'm going out on a limb and say that he was being sarcastic. The way it sounded to me at least. ;D

Danny J

Quote from: thirtythree on December 31, 2009, 05:53:46 pm
I'm going out on a limb and say that he was being sarcastic. The way it sounded to me at least. ;D
I know he was.

Breems

Quote from: thirtythree on December 31, 2009, 05:53:46 pm

Bingo!

3kgthog

Where have I heard this before? Oh, that's right. It was back when a handful were basically guaranteeing Fortson would play against Baylor.

Danny J

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 31, 2009, 08:32:06 pm
Where have I heard this before? Oh, that's right. It was back when a handful were basically guaranteeing Fortson would play against Baylor.
I must say...you were calling it all the way

Porkys Revenge

Will Fortson play? Who's gives a shiat?

arcowboy

Heard on one of the talk shows this afternoon, one of the hosts stated that Fortson would not be back.  Just sort of alluded to it not much else was said.

WilsonHog

Looks like Pel's newest tack re: Fortson is the "I'm not going to talk about players who aren't here" approach.

Good. He has less chance of being wrong that way.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: thirtythree on December 31, 2009, 12:53:10 pm

I never said anything about you going after the coach, so I don't know what that has to do with anything.

if he was THAT hurt, Mikey would have been in street clothes
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

1highhog

MW left Fayetteville wearing his uniform ready to play, by the time he got to Little Rock his back was far worse, he didn't bring extra clothes, and he wanted to help out his teammates as best he could, as said by John Pelphery on the news last night.

WilsonHog

Quote from: 1highhog on January 01, 2010, 07:55:19 am
MW left Fayetteville wearing his uniform ready to play, by the time he got to Little Rock his back was far worse, he didn't bring extra clothes, and he wanted to help out his teammates as best he could, as said by John Pelphery on the news last night.

It was pretty easy to tell the kid was hurting. I spotted it when he was on the free throw line. Yet he's diving on the floor for loose balls.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize this team. Michael Washington's minutes against Baylor isn't one of them.

thirtythree

Quote from: 1highhog on January 01, 2010, 07:55:19 am

You know that's the spin job right? ;)

thirtythree

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 01, 2010, 07:58:10 am
It was pretty easy to tell the kid was hurting. I spotted it when he was on the free throw line. Yet he's diving on the floor for loose balls.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize this team. Michael Washington's minutes against Baylor isn't one of them.

Totally agree.

Iwastherein1969

if Mikey was that hurt, it makes it even worse that Pelphrey would put him out there for even a minute...I agree that Washington is hurt as you can tell by the shape of his body....my guess is that he's playing 20 lbs overweight, maybe more and the extra weight cannot help his back...anyway, if he's hurting that bad Pelphrey should have never considered playing him
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rude1

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 01, 2010, 08:11:58 am
if Mikey was that hurt, it makes it even worse that Pelphrey would put him out there for even a minute...I agree that Washington is hurt as you can tell by the shape of his body....my guess is that he's playing 20 lbs overweight, maybe more and the extra weight cannot help his back...anyway, if he's hurting that bad Pelphrey should have never considered playing him
^This. If he was hurt too bad to play the first half, a coach should know that there is no miracle that is going to make him good to go for the second half. No matter if the kid wants to play or not, you rest him and hope to have him over the long haul. Another example IMO of a guy coaching who is desperate.

HogInThaGrove

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on January 01, 2010, 08:11:58 am

Maybe, but at some point, with as much as his back is hurt, the kid is gonna have to either learn to play through it, or not play basketball anymore. Washington needs Fortson out there in the worst way to make him look even close to what he looked like last year. For the record, Washington put on 10-15 pounds of muscle in the offseason (all upper body) because that was one knock NBA people had on him (too skinny, not strong enough). I believe that extra upper body weight has really thrown off his natural balance and hurt his back in the process.

Rebel Fan

Quote from: SunshinePumper on December 31, 2009, 12:33:34 pm

No there is a plan in place. Kortney will play when Cortney's ready to play per CJP.
JUST IMAGINE IF THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BLACK PLAYER MIKE LEACH LOCKED IN THE SHED.  JESSE JACKSON, OPRAH WINFREY, AL SHARPTON YOUR JETS ARE FUELED AND READY FOR DEPARTURE TO LUBBOCK.

razorgary

Toad Suck Pork

Quote from: razorgary on January 01, 2010, 10:07:25 am
Why is Cortney even staying here?

No other options for him at this point?

My gut tells me that this will be Courtney's last semester on campus.

Breems

The Original 69

Fortson WILL PLAY tomorrow. You can believe it or not.