Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fortson tonight

Started by LogHog, December 30, 2009, 03:28:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LogHog

I listened to Pel's press conference and I think I caught "he's not playing and I'll tell you when he will" or something to that effect.  Is that right, no Forston tonight for Baylor? 

The_Bionic_Pig

50/50 for tonights game -vs- Baylor and 95% probability for the UAB game....in other words we won't know until we see him on the court.  (The Coaches don't even know at this point)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WilsonHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on December 30, 2009, 03:28:20 pm
(The Coaches don't even know at this point)

That is classic. True, but classic nontheless.

LogHog

Iwastherein1969

Sunshine Rick has just announced on DTS that Courtney "I'm the only hope for Pelphrey to save his job" Fortson was NOT at the shoot around with the team this afternoon
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

razorgary

Fortson not on bus to LR per Rick now on air.

thirtythree

What kind of signature would CF be waiting on that doesn't involve the University or the NCAA?

The_Iceman

what is it that will allow him to play vs. UAB but not against Baylor?

What can he do in that short span to get be ready?

Why is he practicing but not traveling with the team?

This whole ordeal is starting to piss me off.

Iwastherein1969

I'm growing very tired of the UA and their propensity to be as vague as possible where it comes to Fortson....its not the same situation as Ryan Mallett where the guy is making a decision on his own future as the UA is calling the shots on whether or not Fortson takes the court....why Long and Pelphrey do what they do I don't understand

thirtythree

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 30, 2009, 04:39:22 pm
I'm growing very tired of the UA and their propensity to be as vague as possible where it comes to Fortson....its not the same situation as Ryan Mallett where the guy is making a decision on his own future as the UA is calling the shots on whether or not Fortson takes the court....why Long and Pelphrey do what they do I don't understand

I believe pel has nothing to do with it at this point. he has to dance around, because he doesn't even know.

HogMartin

95% probability for the UAB game

85% of all statistics are made up on the spot....just like mine.

If correct wouldn't he have traveled with the team? Apparently Rick is saying he isn't with the team.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Karma on December 30, 2009, 04:44:59 pm
If correct wouldn't he have traveled with the team? Apparently Rick is saying he isn't with the team.

So your saying there's a chance.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ricepig

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on December 30, 2009, 04:50:48 pm

So your saying there's a chance.

Didn't travel with the team, no Fortson tonight.

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: ricepig on December 30, 2009, 04:56:11 pm
Didn't travel with the team, no Fortson tonight.

just heard sunshine say he wasn't on bus and not at team shoot around. please.................

Marshfieldhog

Please mr. Long let fort play. Plllleeeeaaaassseee with sugar on it. I can just hear pel now. Lol!!

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

3kgthog

Would the poster that wanted bets on Fortson playing tonight please stand up. Where are you now, buddy? Fortson is done as a Hog.

3kgthog

It's not even worth making threads about this for every game. Just sticky a thread at the top of the forum that says "NO" and be done with it.

Iwastherein1969

December 30, 2009, 05:31:59 pm #20 Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:34:14 pm by Iwastherein1969
Quote from: thirtythree on December 30, 2009, 04:41:30 pm
I believe pel has nothing to do with it at this point. he has to dance around, because he doesn't even know.
agreed, although I think Pel knows, he just can't say....and its not fair to him for Long to make Pelphrey dance on the head of a pin about this....for some reason I think Jeff Long see's Pelphrey and the basketball team as the, no pun intended, 'red headed step-child'.....I seriously doubt that Long would leave CBP swaying in the wind on something like this, you'd see them work together....It seems the Long has Pelphrey over a barrel and treats the man basically as he pleases

tiber

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 30, 2009, 05:30:40 pm
It's not even worth making threads about this for every game. Just sticky a thread at the top of the forum that says "NO" and be done with it.

Ok, that was funny.

Negaholicism

this is a joke right! i saw where someone wrote that the coaches do not even know when Fortson will be back, that is so untrue. remember, pel said there was a plan and that they were sticking to it. i will reiterate. you will know when fortson is going to play:

fortson = butts in seats = dollars = revenue = pel job security

WilsonHog

Quote from: Negaholicism on December 30, 2009, 06:36:05 pm
this is a joke right! i saw where someone wrote that the coaches do not even know when Fortson will be back, that is so untrue.

Here's Pel statement when asked about Fortson:

"I can't comment on that; I don't know," Pelphrey said of Fortson's status against the Bears. "When he plays (you'll) know."

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.php?ID=41266

yraciv

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 30, 2009, 05:29:50 pm
Would the poster that wanted bets on Fortson playing tonight please stand up. Where are you now, buddy? Fortson is done as a Hog.

He'll probably come back, and just make that done as a Hog bet. You would lose big!

TRUHOG718

I refuse to gather anymore.  pointless
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

spatownsteve

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on December 30, 2009, 05:07:37 pm

just heard sunshine say he wasn't on bus and not at team shoot around. please.................

A source has informed me Fortson's still sidelined with a high dred sprain...
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."         Winston Churchill
------------------------------------------------------------------

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward mobile."
      Hunter S. Thompson

Porkatarian

The Coaches don't even know at this point

That's 100% correct.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."