Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING NEWS: Justin Smith OFFICIALLY Commits

Started by jbhicks, July 21, 2007, 05:00:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 21, 2007, 05:00:41 pm Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 05:28:22 pm by jbhicks
Alpharetta, GA DT prospect has OFFICIALLY committed to play for the Hogs. He semi-committed a little over a week ago, but his mom wanted him to wait and see the campus. He is around 6'3, 280 with 4.9 speed. He is a big, agile DT that had 11 scholarship offers. He chose the Hogs over BC, Ole Miss, and Michigan State. His coach (an Arkansas alum) is very high on him.

High School coach Terry Crowder From Scout.com interview:

"He led our team in sacks last year. I believe he had 13 for the season. He just absolutely dominated our Region. I was at Camden County when we set the 5A state record for fewest points given up in a year. We sent 3 players on our line to the ACC and one played for Florida's national championship team last year. Justin would have started on that line. He is the best defensive linemen I have never been around."

Welcome aboard, Justin. WPS! :razorback:

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Littlehog AR

NICE!!!

This is VERY good news!!

thanks AGAIN JB!!  yet another +1 for you and the work that you're doing!

jbhicks

July 21, 2007, 05:19:06 pm #3 Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 05:23:34 pm by jbhicks
It is now being reported on other boards and there is a story on the front page of the Arkansas Rivals page. I know some of you may not like Trey and Otis, but I think they are doing a great job over there.

Littlehog AR

Yeah Rivals is doing pretty good.....I am sorely disappointed in the "other" scouting website

0515hv

Man, that is great.  Things seem to be getting better and better on the recruiting front.

RazorAg

Quote from: jbhicks on July 21, 2007, 05:19:06 pm
It is now being reported on other boards and there is a story on the front page of the Arkansas Rivals page. I know some of you may not like Trey and Otis, but I think they are doing a great job over there.

Rivals already had reported it before you reported it here.  You're right; they do a great job over there.  HawgsSports, HawgsIllustrated and Hogville all do a great job.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Out of nowhere comes JBHicks...the man no one knows, but yet he is filled with loads of great info and great news! Keep it comiong, JB, whoever you are. The time and info is VERY appreciated. Thank you to you, TomCat, WPS, and Richard. You all do a fantastic job. GO!HOGS!GO! +1 to you!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

The Coletrain

This kid looks like a manchild!!  Can't have enough solid D-Linemen.  Great news for the Hogs and welcome to the program, Mr. Smith!!  Kudos once again to the coaching staff for getting on top of these out-of-staters earlier in the process.  And thanks to those on this board for keeping us up to the minute!!  GHG!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

sage_dragoon

Quote from: donewithdale on July 21, 2007, 06:58:19 pm
Quote from: RazorAg on July 21, 2007, 06:48:46 pm
Quote from: jbhicks on July 21, 2007, 05:19:06 pm

Rivals already had reported it before you reported it here.  You're right; they do a great job over there.  HawgsSports, HawgsIllustrated and Hogville all do a great job.

It is becoming very HI or Rivals-like here.  Good observation.

Just because this board doesnt allow the constant streams of negativity or bashing that MMQB does doesn't mean you must visit and drop your condecinding attitude in it. Please start making posts that are constructive and maybe someone will care.

XBox360 - SageDragoon79

Duke of Buckingham

Quote from: jbhicks on July 21, 2007, 05:00:41 pm

" ... He is the best defensive linemen I have never been around."

There must be a profound lesson in that statement, but I am struggling to decide just what it might be.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Oklahawg

No, this isn't Rivals or Scout at all. No where close. Richard Davenport had Justin's plans on HERE long before Rivals or Scout got on the trail. Read what Richard wrote HERE.

Lots (and I mean TONS) of information getting out to Hog Fans that is accurate (no spin zone needed) and timely.

I am thrilled that I am saving $9.95/month times two.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

0515hv

Quote from: Oklahawg on July 21, 2007, 10:38:14 pm
No, this isn't Rivals or Scout at all. No where close. Richard Davenport had Justin's plans on HERE long before Rivals or Scout got on the trail. Read what Richard wrote HERE.

Lots (and I mean TONS) of information getting out to Hog Fans that is accurate (no spin zone needed) and timely.

I am thrilled that I am saving $9.95/month times two.
Agreed.  I also enjoy hearing Richard's take on recruiting on Sportsrap in the evenings. 

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: Duke of Buckingham on July 21, 2007, 08:08:18 pm
Quote from: jbhicks on July 21, 2007, 05:00:41 pm

" ... He is the best defensive linemen I have never been around."

There must be a profound lesson in that statement, but I am struggling to decide just what it might be.

HAHAHA!  Oh man, thanks for the laugh. 

jabohog

I am glad to see a DL. Is this our first one in this class? I hope we will start recruiting the interior DL hard from here on out.

jrodell

Richard Davenport is a beast...I am on Rivals all the time and I like that board a lot, but I have to stay with the subscription to watch the highlight videos because I enjoy making my own evaluations. As far as the information put out though, this site is close to as good as Rivals and it's a non-pay site. This site has beat rivals in announcing the last 3 or 4 recruits too.

jbhicks

All I was saying is that rivals is doing a good job as well. We are all Razorback fans, so we should join in excitement when a kid (especially an out-of-stater so early in the process) decides to become a Hog! The main reason I subscribe to Rivals is for the videos, but I would put Richard's interviews up against anyone's. Saying that, this board is the best for Hog recruiting news, bar none.

HognotinMemphis

Nice to beat out some real programs for a player instead of beating out Middle TN St and North Texas for one.

My only question is, will be qualify academically or is he going to end up in a Juco?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

TxHogger

Yeah MMQB allows both positive and negative as long as you are negative about HDN & the BAC and you're positive you don't like either.   :)

hawgbawb

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on July 22, 2007, 08:23:28 am
Nice to beat out some real programs for a player instead of beating out Middle TN St and North Texas for one.

My only question is, will be qualify academically or is he going to end up in a Juco?
Alpharetta has one of Georgia's better schools sytems, for what it's worth.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.