Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

look at ol piss schedule and predict their first season under nutty boys

Started by silverhawg, December 19, 2007, 12:19:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sdalehogfan

PCHogs

My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

bigarrazorback

Al Moldo

I'll say 4-8 if they can beat Memphis and Vandy (are there any more puffs of wind out there?); otherwise 3-9 or maybe even 2-10.

Shrekster

Quote from: williewonkahog on December 19, 2007, 10:16:04 am
I have never seen such an obsessive group of people in my life, Nutt is gone, when are you all going to quit obsessing over him and move on. I figured when he finally left the hogs the message boards would slow down. Was I ever wrong, everyother thread is still about him. Are we that bored?  Get a hobby!

But, WillySpankaHog, you are here too.  Perhaps you need the hobby as much as we do....
I bleed red...but its cardinal red.

myriad_rocker

TransAmHawg

2-10 they beat Samford and Mempiss. Let the fun begin. Hootie on the hotseat at the end of year one.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

LZH

GOAT

Well, there's only three games in October so that cuts one loss he would normally get out of the equation.

Seriously, I see them as being a 5-7 or 6-6 team like most.  I don't think I'm that worried about our game with him like I was at first.  I suspect he'll try to either just pound the ball down our throats as sort of an FU to the world, or he'll adjust his thinking and pass almost every down.  Either way, we'll know early on and can adjust, which is what makes us different going forward.

Holla,
GOAT

HeavyweightHog

Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.
          ~Will Rogers

kimjongsqUeAl

The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

InHogWeTrust

4-8 more than likely

If they can beat Vandy - 5-7

If they beat Vandy and Wake Forest - 6-6 (at best)

EastexHawg

My prediction?

Well, first of all they will really bounce around out there.  Bounce around, with a lot of enthusiasm.  They'll play with a lot of heart.  A lot of heart, guys.

But, unfortunately, they will be a play away.  Just a play away.  They'll be so close.  So close, Chuck...

WichitaStateRazorback

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: silverhawg on December 19, 2007, 12:19:02 am
  Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    TBA 

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

i'm thinking 3 & 9

I say four or five wins.  I think they'll lose at Wake Forest and Memphis is no gimme game.

AubFaninArk

4 wins...but maybe 3.

Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Nutty era opens with narrow win

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    TBA  Loss...Grobe is better than Nutt

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Please....Win

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Another puff of wind...a Win

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA  Sorry...but he pulls it out of his butt...Win

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Win

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    TBA  Loss

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Win

i'm thinking 3 & 9

OnYourToes

At first I was on the 4-8, 3-9 party.  I was thinking that I really didn't care as long as Nutters didn't go to a bowl game.

Now I want Nutters to go 7-5, 8-4, as long as we beat him like a red headed step child on the Hill.  I hope he goes to a bowl and wins it.  This would make him look invenciable in the eyes of the Grove.  This would, in effect, give him a guarenteed 5 or 6 more years of security at Ole Piss.  I want him there till he's done coaching all together.  After the honeymoon wears off i really want another program to feel what we have felt for the past 4 years.  It would be too much for me to hope that a top recruit goes to Oxford only to be run off by the Nuttster, but that would be insult to injury, they are already in the hole. . . being in Mississippi and all.

I'll be routing for Ole Piss next year so Nutters looks like a coaching God and stays there 15-20 years.  Once they realize that he did this with Coach O's recruits and Nutters would rather be playing a pick-up game of basketball then out recruiting, they will feel our pain.

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

elkhog

GO HOGS!!!

RazorbackBurger

Quote from: rmcchris on December 19, 2007, 10:05:55 am
take it to the bank, 5-7 and you heard it hear first!
uhhh...what about the other like 25-30 people who said 5-7 first.

why don't they count

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: hogsanity on December 19, 2007, 12:39:46 pm
7-5 maybe 8-4, IF they find a qb

8 wins?  Really?  You think they will go from .000 winning precentage in the SEC to .500?  That's a heck of an improvement. There is NO WAY that Ole Miss posts a record as good as we had this year.  Houston's team is far less talented and the schedule is more brutal than our's was this year.

He might get one or two emotional "ra-ra" victories a la '98, but he won't get enough to win 7 or 8.

respirback

5-7.  Nutt probably got the job because he never loses to Miss. State.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

capehog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on October 26, 2010, 03:19:41 pm
I think we should beat anyone who has ideas that we disagree with and dares to make the public.  You're right on here.
Quote from: Overtheroadtruckdriver on April 28, 2010, 05:34:48 pm
Everyone and their dog on here turned in to dr. Phil. That's my favorite part. Everybody had advice. If I ever need advice, which is doubtful, hogville will be the last place I come for it.

Watching the rockets launch from the beach is way cool. Time for a new NASA to continue the mission. Crying shame we have a president that hates America. You people get what you deserve  #obamasfault

jep_hog_fan

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

SteelShot

7-5 tops, I see more along the lines of 5-7.  They were 0-8 in the SEC this year so Ole Miss would build a statute of "Fired"  by going to a bowl. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

spudhog

Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    TBA 

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

i'm thinking 3 & 9

they might go winless again in conference play if they lose to vandy and usc. they might even lose to memphis right off the bat.

silverhawg

Quote from: OnYourToes on December 19, 2007, 12:38:17 pm
At first I was on the 4-8, 3-9 party.  I was thinking that I really didn't care as long as Nutters didn't go to a bowl game.

Now I want Nutters to go 7-5, 8-4, as long as we beat him like a red headed step child on the Hill.  I hope he goes to a bowl and wins it.  This would make him look invenciable in the eyes of the Grove.  This would, in effect, give him a guarenteed 5 or 6 more years of security at Ole Piss.  I want him there till he's done coaching all together.  After the honeymoon wears off i really want another program to feel what we have felt for the past 4 years.  It would be too much for me to hope that a top recruit goes to Oxford only to be run off by the Nuttster, but that would be insult to injury, they are already in the hole. . . being in Mississippi and all.

I'll be routing for Ole Piss next year so Nutters looks like a coaching God and stays there 15-20 years.  Once they realize that he did this with Coach O's recruits and Nutters would rather be playing a pick-up game of basketball then out recruiting, they will feel our pain.

Sir, I would not want you for an enemy...you are way to cruel !

HogKongPhooey

OKhogfan1959

rhinohog84

He'll win the first 4 games of the season then lose the next 5.  He'll beat ULM and Mississippi State. 
6-6

He'll win the national championship in the first ever 4 game season, have a tough season in the following 5 game season, and have an above average one in the final 3 game season.

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

irishman

Realisticly I would say 5-7
I gave them credit for wins over Memphis, Wake, Samford, Miss St, and Louisiana monroe

hogsanity

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on December 19, 2007, 12:53:38 pm
8 wins?  Really?  You think they will go from .000 winning precentage in the SEC to .500?  That's a heck of an improvement. There is NO WAY that Ole Miss posts a record as good as we had this year.  Houston's team is far less talented and the schedule is more brutal than our's was this year.

He might get one or two emotional "ra-ra" victories a la '98, but he won't get enough to win 7 or 8.

I think they start 3-1, and I think they beat SC, MSU, la Monroe, and I think there is a good chance they beat us.  Alot depends on how quickly a QB emerges for the hogs next year, and if we have a RB thats even half as good as DMAC or Felix. 

Ole misses drops GA and picks up SC, who I think will be just what they have benn the last 3 years, right about .500. 

I could be wrong, they could go 3-9 again, or somewhere in between.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoopS

Ole Miss does have a fair amount of talent on campus.  Jevan Snead was a really good HS QB.  They'll win some games.

HamShank

1-11.  Win against Samford and Son.  Rebels DB breaks up pass from Fred to LaMont in final seconds.

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Zero Tolerance

Quote from: HamShank on December 19, 2007, 06:05:47 pm
1-11.  Win against Samford and Son.  Rebels DB breaks up pass from Fred to LaMont in final seconds.
With an assist from Grady and Rollo.
Me thinks the best they'll finish is 5-7. No, I don't have them beating the Hogs. Maybe the 'Dores and the Egg Bowl in SEC play.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

SpiritHog

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Qbackinman

Could go 6-6. Memphis, Samford, La-Monroe (did Frank do his scheduling?) Vandy and Miss St are sure W's, even if Rebs are bad. Doesn't that get him a bowl game?