Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL POST ABOUT Finebaum - Muschamp HERE

Started by HogFan86, December 11, 2007, 03:13:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on December 11, 2007, 03:26:35 pm
Skip Holtz = Reaching First Base on an error.
Petrino = Pujols-type bomb.

Skip Holtz = striking out

hogzndogz

WooPigs.

oinkaholic

Nothing to see here folks....Move along..Move along..

lokopig

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on December 11, 2007, 03:25:37 pm
Nothing.  The show just returned from a commercial.
They have some seriously long commercials.

Just talking about Auburn's OC job....and yes....their commercials are long

primetime21

Quote from: hawgfan923 on December 11, 2007, 03:31:02 pm

Skip Holtz = Striking out and getting hit in the nutts with the ball.

Bomis Hawg

Holtz has done a good job at getting ECU back to their winning ways.  They aren't where they were before John Thompson flunked out there.  But, getting close.

Honestly, I don't see Skip as a SEC-caliber coach.  He's more of CUSA type.  I think UCF or Houston, maybe a high mid-major, would be about a good of a job I'd feel comfortable with him doing well at.  A BCS school like Baylor or Duke might be good for him.  He could get a bowl once in a few years, maybe.

tee1up2par

Quote from: HoggyWayne on December 11, 2007, 03:30:07 pm
Good call.
Skip= reaching 1st on a passed ball that was called strike 3.

More like being HBP,  reaching base for catchers interference requires you to swing the bat and have it near the ball.  Being hit by pitch requires you to just stand there.  Maybe you're just a little slower than some of the others and didn't realize that you need to get out of the way.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

HoginHouston

Personally, I was on the BOOM bandwagon and hoping for a presser tomorrow. I hope he is not so determined to get a head coach that he goes with some loser like Skip. Let's just hope not...
Go Hogs Go.

batesvillepharmer

QuoteGood call.
Skip= reaching 1st on a passed ball that was called strike 3.

I think skiipy = a balk
the pitcher (Long/White) freezes up during the pitch, and fails to even eject the ball from hand. As a result of this mental constipation, the batter (skip)gets to take first base as a technicallity.

HoginHouston

Oh, and thanks once again for the updates...
Go Hogs Go.

Geohul

Quote from: hawgfan923 on December 11, 2007, 03:31:02 pm
Skip Holtz = Hit by Pitch and STILL called out for failure to attempt to move away from pitch.

Corkscrew Johnson

Skip Holtz = getting to 2nd base only to find out your girlfriend has a dong. 

razorbass

I still think Frank has got something to do with this hire.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on December 11, 2007, 03:33:42 pm

Oh my. This search has been bad for most of us.

EnemyOfMojo

LMAO!

fanofthehog

Are you speaking from experience?

primetime21

You win!

stlchiroHOG

skip holtz=never getting off the bench

bamahawg44

Finebaum was saying earlier (he sat in for the last hour of the show right before his) that after we missed on Tubbs..Davis..Bowden etc.  That Muschamp was a last resort.  He said that he couldn't believe that just last week they were talking about him going to Southern Miss and now the Hogs want him running the ship.  He doesn't think he's a "top tier choice yet"  That's about all he was saying.

TrojanHog

Folks, there is no reason to hire a coach today. Calm down. Recruiting goes quiet in a few days so we can't lose anything more by waiting. A coach couldn't get here in time to make a difference in recruiting at this point anyway.

We wait, no big deal. Calm down. Muschamp will most likely be there in 2 weeks just like he would be there today. If we get a big time grand slam head coach, I say we wait. There is no reason to hire a coach today. Calm down.

TrojanHog

Why in the world would she have a dong at second base? That's the real head scratcher...

governmenthog

aar0n

Skip Holts = gettting to HOME base only to find out your girlfriend has a dong... and its bigger than yours.

hogzndogz

yeah but watch us get a Skip. Thats not okay. Calm down was 10 days ago.
WooPigs.

chortle

[youtube=425,350]m1492I4PqwY&feature=related[/youtube]

Skip Holtz = the bird.

David†

best post i've read all day

hogzndogz

Why are they talking about politics.. am i on the wrong station. Go Huckabee!
WooPigs.

TrojanHog

Quote from: hogzndogz on December 11, 2007, 03:39:02 pm
yeah but watch us get a Skip. Thats not okay. Calm down was 10 days ago.

Bama waited until after the NFL season last year. They kinda hit a home run, don't you think? Bet they're glad there was no panic hire along the way. In fact their new coach was running around to every camera he could get in front of saying there was no way in Starkville he was going to be the Bama coach.

ARGal

Is that Gingrich Finebuam is talking to?

HogFan86

DrumheadAR

this radio show really sucks.

blah blah blah    ::)

Feralhog

Just found out from someone who's as close to the situation as you can get.  Muschamp hasn't backed out and is very much interested in the job, so the WJox story is bullshchit
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hogzndogz

THANK the good lord almighty for Sportsrap
WooPigs.

Big Austin

Skip Holtz= Your name as a supplier on the Mitchell Report!!!!

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Feralhog on December 11, 2007, 03:43:50 pm
Just found out from someone who's as close to the situation as you can get.  Muschamp hasn't backed out and is very much interested in the job, so the WJox story is bullshchit

Thanks. That's a relief. Any idea on when a decision will be made?

TLFHAWG

Good deal.

SPAL

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 03:27:30 pm
Its the things they have uncovered up to this point that make them credible.  You are the reason they never post.

wrong.

Im not the reason. The reason is they know nothing more than you or I know. But basically what u are tellin me is if "swing for the fences" saying i know whats goin on and give some general statment, and i turn out right...i get to be a mod?

Pay attention to the mods who arent talkin..when they speak, listen. Not the ones who post in every other thread givin generalities pretending to know....

Besides, most of the good hogville posters left.

primetime21

I thought the rumor was ARK backed off?

Demaghog

Thats good.  Something must be going on with Petrino and Kiffin then, and Long better be 100% sure that one of them will come if we drag this out any longer. 

Big Austin

Skip Holtz= your in front of a grand jury for perjury.

WxHog

Quote from: hogzndogz on December 11, 2007, 03:40:34 pm
Why are they talking about politics.. am i on the wrong station. Go Huckabee!

Me too.  I am tuned into WJOX and Pat Buchanan is on ?

Hogdomer

txkrazorback

The way a lot of this has been I thought maybe WE were the bird...
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

DrumheadAR

Quote from: WxHog on December 11, 2007, 03:47:19 pm
Me too.  I am tuned into WJOX and Pat Buchanan is on ?

yeah, and he's crackin' himself up. bleh.

aar0n

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on December 11, 2007, 03:45:43 pm
wrong.

Im not the reason. The reason is they know nothing more than you or I know. But basically what u are tellin me is if "swing for the fences" saying i know whats goin on and give some general statment, and i turn out right...i get to be a mod?

Pay attention to the mods who arent talkin..when they speak, listen. Not the ones who post in every other thread givin generalities pretending to know....

Besides, most of the good hogville posters left.
Look at the mod's statement 5 posts above yours.  Dumbass.

bamahawg44

Whatever Finebaum says...take it with a grain of salt.  He is the "Rick Shaeffer" of Auburn!!   I live in B'ham and have talked to AU fans that said they would rather lose Tubby than Muschamp!   He's Auburn's Gus Malzhan!!

jgphillips3

I think Skip Holtz (in sports analogies) is more like driving down the field in the closing minutes of a dominating first half with a 13 point lead and then fumbling the ball giving the other team a touchdown, losing momentum and ultimately losing the game. 

razorbass

Quote from: hogzndogz on December 11, 2007, 03:44:08 pm
THANK the good lord almighty for Sportsrap
Yea and just a little over an hour away ;D

MacHog19

Isn't Paul Finebaum a huge Alabama Crimson Tide guy?  If that's the case, what do we really care about his "dissing" an Auburn Defensive Coordinator?  He seems to be the type that never says much positive about anybody that isn't connected with Tuscaloosa, and certainly he is not interested in ever giving "props" to someone associated with Auburn.

Trojanhog, I appreciate that patience is a virtue, but my anxiety is not a result of the timeline as much as this complete lack of confidence in John "let's give the $$$$ to Nutt" White and Jeff "mums the word" Long.  They have already struck out at least four times now (Tuberville, Bowden, Grobe and now Petrino), so why should Hog fans have any confidence that White and Long are capable of getting this done? 

SpineHog

getting skip holtz would be like losing the big game at the last second, going out to get hammered out of self-pity, and waking up to discover that you've killed a hooker.