Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WJOX Radio (Birmingham, AL) says "Creditable Source" reports...

Started by HOG RED UMP, December 11, 2007, 12:37:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG RED UMP

Muschamp no longer under consideration by Arkansas for Headcoaching job. Reports Muschamp disappointed in our decision.

WTH????????????????????????????????
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

razorback4ever

HotGrits

I\'m just a clever visual metaphor that personafies the concept of abstract thought.

HoginHouston

Go Hogs Go.

joeyself

"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

bigyellowdog

No way.   Our search team of Long- White do not have a clue what they are doing.

HoginHouston

And if we didn't get BOOM, who the hell did we get???  I am worried...
Go Hogs Go.

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: HOG RED UMP on December 11, 2007, 12:37:09 pm
Muschamp no longer under consideration by Arkansas for Headcoaching job. Reports Muschamp disappointed in our decision.

I'm going out on a limb here and call these 'credible sources' -------BS
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

kimjongsqUeAl

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

PorkBrainz

Go Hogs!

agr347

"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

HoginHouston

Go Hogs Go.

JBucc

Read the guidelines for signature images.

aar0n

Ill believe it when I hear it from a better "source."  Right now it's just speculation and it's highly unlikely.

scootman

One outlet says Muschamp in, another says out...I don't think anyone really knows anything but rumour and speculation.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

ATLHogcallin

The real Hogules

There's NO WAY we pass on Muschamp for anything less than a grand slam homerun.
Not for a Skip Holtz, Jim Grobe type or any other assistants that readily come to mind.
"IF" this is accurate information, then it "probably" bodes well for the Hogs.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

aar0n

DeltaBoy

Wait and see Les said he was staying at LSU and Sabin said he was staying in the NFL.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogzndogz

That could be just a throw off to show its not a done deal yet.. which if we hire Skip Holtz.. I quit.. and will become a.. a..
ASU fan
WooPigs.

HOGansHero

Got you back Tubby!!! Just kidding.

OTTER

I ain't gonna buy that until I see it in print.  If that is the case, they better have one heck of a name in place or some heads need to roll.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Jimmy

Too bad we can't declare White as "no longer under consideration."

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RT1941

If Muschamp turns down a HC job in the SEC and +/- $2 million a year, he's a FOOL and we don't need any more fools running this program.  He's absolutely got to see an HC job at Arkansas as a HUGE step up from DC at Aubarn w/TT not planning to leave for years.
RazorTusk!!!!

hawgapalooza

i call b.s.   why would arkansas turn their nose to w.m.? because we have droves of top notch head coaches fighting for the position? because skip friggn holtz is beggn for it???? credible sources...blah.

fdx flyer

I'm calling BS here.  What current DC at an SEC school would publicly say he was "disappointed in their decision" not to hire him??  That wouldn't bode too well at his current place of employment.

Boarslab

Why are you even listening to these "credible" sources?  How many times do you have to hear that something is "credible" to figure out that it's not?  Everyone in Arkansas and Hogville should have learned a lesson from the past two years on these coaching searches. It is NOT a done deal until there is a signature and as we learned last year----that is not final either.  (Dana Altman syndrome)  Relax and have a Bud Light.

scootman

Quote from: RT1941 on December 11, 2007, 12:43:00 pm
If Muschamp turns down a HC job in the SEC and +/- $2 million a year, he's a FOOL and we don't need any more fools running this program.  He's absolutely got to see an HC job at Arkansas as a HUGE step up from DC at Aubarn w/TT not planning to leave for years.

I don't think it was reported as Muschamp passing on the job as much as the job passing on him...

Bacon The Saddle Again

If he said he was disappointed in Arkansas's decision, then it would imply that Arkansas chose someone over him.  I don't buy it.  I think it's a cruel joke or someone has some bad info.

Polamalufan

Well, if that initial report was true,  it sounds as though we are the ones who are saying no to him.

JLaws

You know what though, if that Neinas Sports Consulting is really handling this search now, I'd believe it. They may come out of left field with who they get for this hire, but I'm sure if you all read that article, this could actually work out REALLY well.
"Fan is short for FANATIC! You people ARE INSANE!" - Colin Cowherd

"When you have the opportunity to be with the sexiest girl or the smartest football coach, you take it and worry about what happens if they leave when they leave." -writer's quote when UA hired Petrino

Dr Swineglove

I can't imagine we'd tell a top coordinator "No" without having
a signed contract and a presser announcing somebody else first.
Hiring coaches isn't like reality TV where the candidates get pared down until we get a winner...

I'm calling BS until we see it in print - the mods who suggested Muschamp was leading are way more reliable than any unconfirmed rumor.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Bacon The Saddle Again

I still don't buy it, but if it is true, surely it means Petrino is on board. We wouldn't pass over Muschamp for Skip Holts would we?

HogK

Can we please send this post to Rumors?  For the sanity of all.  Stop the nonsense!

OneLardAlmighty

I smell a rat. 

Supposedly we're interviewing Herring today.

Is this more of the behind the scenes power struggle?

txkrazorback

The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

Hogdomer

The sources are saying that we are not offering him, not that he turned us down.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: HogK on December 11, 2007, 12:46:15 pm
Can we please send this post to Rumors?  For the sanity of all.  Stop the nonsense!

If it's been aired as "news", it's still a rumor, but one that might have some legs.  At the very least, because it was "reported" it probably should stay on the board. It isn't like Jimmy from Grapevine came in and said something like that.

HotlantaHog

aar0n

I dont believe this one bit.  It just doesnt make sense.  This needs to be bumped to rumors until something else surfaces, IF it surfaces.

Hogdomer

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on December 11, 2007, 12:46:13 pm
I still don't buy it, but if it is true, surely it means Petrino is on board. We wouldn't pass over Muschamp for Skip Holts would we?

I disagree.  If true, I think we are hiring Skip Holtz, which is going to be a disaster.

scootman

Quote from: Hogdomer on December 11, 2007, 12:49:30 pm
I disagree.  If true, I think we are hiring Skip Holtz, which is going to be a disaster.

I really cannot belive that the people making the decisions are inept enough to pass on Muschamp for Holtz. I hope this means that a "Big Name" has finally been found.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: HillbillyRazorback on December 11, 2007, 12:50:38 pm
Couldn't agree with you more. Why would we overlook Muschamp for Skip

I'm sticking my fingers in my ears and pretending I don't hear you.

GusIsOmniscient

Quote from: imahoggie on December 07, 2007, 09:54:55 pm
rome wasnt built in a day.....but it would have been if gus had been there to run the hurry-up

hog_fan

Wouldn't shock me if we hire Herring. White, Broyles, and even Nutt would love this and apparently pleasing nutt is still the goal of some people at the UA.